Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Symbiants for Adventurers

Symbiants for Adventurers

Symbiants have started appering, so I did some digging to figure out what to look for.

Head
    Brain Symbiant, Artillery Unit Aban
    Brain Symbiant, Infantry Unit Aban
    Brain Symbiant, Support Unit Aban

Fairly equal. For Pistols I'd lean to Artillery, melee Infantry. Infantry has more modifiers, including Nano Resist. So if I had to choose between the two, I'd gor for Infantry (even for pistols, unless I really really really need Ranged Init). I'm currently leaning to Support though for Nano Resist, extra Psychic and Intelligence to help with wedging other symbionts in. Support heads are in high demand however, and a Artillery or Infantry head will do just fine until you find a Support.
    Chest
    Chest Symbiant, Artillery Unit Aban
    Chest Symbiant, Infantry Unit Aban
    Chest Symbiant, Support Unit Aban

Again, not much of interest to Pistol or 1he users in the Chest. Infantry will give more HP, e****ally if you're Atrox, so that would be my first choice. Support lacks a Strength mod, so I'd avoid it unless you have Psychic based armor.

Ear
    Ear Symbiant, Artillery Unit Aban
    Ear Symbiant, Infantry Unit Aban
    Ear Symbiant, Support Unit Aban

Hear I'd lean to Support Unit for NPCostModifier and Intelligence buffs. Artillery unit doesn't excite me at all when the Infantry and Support units have NCU and XP modifiers, while the Artillery only has NCU.

Feet
    Feet Symbiant, Artillery Unit Aban
    Feet Symbiant, Infantry Unit Aban
    Feet Symbiant, Support Unit Aban

First choice is Infantry for AddAllDef and AddAllOff and Shield buffs. (As if Bio Shielding wasn't enough...hehehe). Artillery would be second, extra weapon range might be useful for some pistols. A Support foot is realy aimed at heavy nano users. Better for Docs and NTs.

Left Arm
    Left Arm Symbiant, Artillery Unit Aban
    Left Arm Symbiant, Infantry Unit Aban
    Left Arm Symbiant, Support Unit Aban

Support unit looks like a winner for Adventuers. AddAllDef, extra nano range, small nano cost reduction. 1he may be more interested in Infantry for a brawl buff and AddAllOff, but you'll have to fight with Enforcers and Keepers for this Infantry implant as they'll be after the 2he/2hb/Piercing modifiers .Nothing really stands out in the Artillery, unless you're a fan of Heal Delta.

Left Hand
    Left Hand Symbiant, Artillery Unit Aban
    Left Hand Symbiant, Infantry Unit Aban
    Left Hand Symbiant, Support Unit Aban

Nothing overly exciting in Left Hand. Skill Lock modifier in the Artillery and Support are nice, as Artillery has a Fast Attack buff as well, it makes for a solid winner for Pistol and Melee users. Support is nice as well, but the only thing appealing about Infantry is it adds to all damage shields. Even as melee, take the Skill Lock modifier over more damage shields.

Left Wrist
    Left Wrist Symbiant, Artillery Unit Aban
    Left Wrist Symbiant, Infantry Unit Aban
    Left Wrist Symbiant, Support Unit Aban

Pistol users will want an Artillery unit. Melee will want Infantry. Multi Ranged and Multi Melee. Pistol Adventurers may want to switch to Infantry after equipping their pistols as the Infantry implant has Damage Shield modifiers. Support unit has Nano Resist and shield, but no multi wield or add damage mods.

Eye
    Ocular Symbiant, Infantry Unit Aban
    Ocular Symbiant, Support Unit Aban

I don't see an Ql300 Artillery Symbiant listed in the database. Melee will want the Infantry for Multi Melee.

Right Arm
    Right Arm Symbiant, Artillery Unit Aban
    Right Arm Symbiant, Infantry Unit Aban
    Right Arm Symbiant, Support Unit Aban

1he users will want the Infantry as it has 1he. Artillery for Pistols for Fling, Weapon Range, And Nano Range.

Waist
    Waist Symbiant, Artillery Unit Aban
    Waist Symbiant, Infantry Unit Aban
    Waist Symbiant, Support Unit Aban

Waist doesn't have much to get excited over if your a pistol user. Atox e****ally will want to persue a Infantry Unit, as it has Max HP and Body Dev. Melee users will want to go for an Infantry Unit as well, while pistol users could do fine with a Artillery or Support unit, both of which have agility modifiers. Extra nano pool from the Support Unit could be handy, but it seems like the Infantry Unit is the clear overall winner, it just has more buffs than the Artillery and Support unit. Artillery unit does buff FullAuto though, which is nice until you cap the FullAuto recharge on your JEPP with just your IP.

Right Wrist
    Right Wrist Symbiant, Artillery Unit Aban
    Right Wrist Symbiant, Infantry Unit Aban
    Right Wrist Symbiant, Support Unit Aban

Easy one here, Artillery for Pistols, Infantry for 1he. Ignore the support unit that doesn't buff your main weapon skills at all. The only thing interesting in the Support unit are MaxNCU and Nano Delta, but those don't outweigh the need for weapon skill buffs.

Thigh (Leg)
    Thigh Symbiant, Artillery Unit Aban
    Thigh Symbiant, Infantry Unit Aban
    Thigh Symbiant, Support Unit Aban

This is a tough one. Artillery has XP, Infantry has Melee Init and some extra damage shield, as well as Body Dev, and support has Skill Lock and Inturrupt Modifiers as well as shield. This one I can't judge as it really depends on your experience in SL. Atrox will want to lean to Infantry, but Skill Lock and Inturrupt Modifiers would be really useful if you find yourself tanking, but extra XP from Artillery Unit never hurts.

Right Hand
    Right Hand Symbiant, Artillery Unit Aban
    Right Hand Symbiant, Infantry Unit Aban
    Right Hand Symbiant, Support Unit Aban

Artillery for Pistol users, Infantry for 1he. Another obvious one for the weapon buffs. Nothing to get excited over in the Support unit.

Feedback of all kinds goes below.
    Last edited by Glarawyn; Mar 20th, 2007 at 01:03:00. Reason: AO Mainframe URL Fix
    Glarawyn L220 OT Adventurer
    It's good to be furry.
    ----
    Lilredhot L220 OT Enforcer
    Don't mind me, I tank without a helmet.
    ----
    Gunslinger19 L150 OT Soldier
    There's a word for people who think everyone's out to get them: perceptive.

Great stuff, as ever Glarawyn: glad you dusted that post down, and glad Lucky prompted you to do it!
    General of Angels of the Night ~Clan/Rimor~
    Join us!

Excellent as always Glara.

Now......

if you can just get me some that would be really excellent
    Sheilabeela 220/29 Enforcer in United
    Sheilah - Adventurer

-

Nice job.

Only swooping by fast right now, gonna take a better look when I got time.

However I checked on the brains and I find the Support Unit by far the best for me.
    I use pistols but I think I would choose that no matter what my weapon choice is.

?
    Rothwinter born 4th September 2001

Advisor of KAZE and I eat leet

Nice post :) Only one that I strongly disagree with is the Eye.

Support Unit will be a lot nicer for both melee and ranged advents. Multi Melee has never been a problem for melee advents and isn't a problem with the future weapon possibilities in the database at the moment.
    Level 210 Vanguard Kaelien | Current Equipment
    .theAdventurer | AO Bookmarks

Executing Nano Program: Leet Friend.
    Nano program execution error. You fumbled.
    Leet: roxxor
    Attacked by Leet!

Uhhh extremely handy!!

Thanks Glara Very useful information.
    *la la land*
    FIRST ORDER 4 evah!

I'll take one of each please!

Great post! Add it to the Adventurer's handbook perhaps?

Originally posted by Kaelien
    Nice post Only one that I strongly disagree with is the Eye.

Support Unit will be a lot nicer for both melee and ranged advents. Multi Melee has never been a problem for melee advents and isn't a problem with the future weapon possibilities in the database at the moment.
    Support Ocular doesn't have pistol, nor range increase, which is unacceptable to me at least. I will need a good Ocular Artillery before I give up my regular implant.

With brain I went for a support one too, since the artillery one doesn't have NR.
    Reverend Revelator Ramagano, Proud Something of Alpha Omega

Alpha Omega: Fighting For Your Future, Today

No, I'm not back.

How embarrassing, after all these years it turns out I CAN'T spell **ncom with an F and a U, talk about egg on my face eh?

Thanks Glarawyn

Been looking for this info, did a bit of extra searching. And found that the Eye Artillery isnt listed under patch 15.05, its under 15.Intelligent Ocular Symbiant, Artillery Unit Aban
    Burt "Goriath" Kirklin
    nothing is impossible, the impossible only takes slightly longer time to accomplish

There are two lines of symbiants in the Database. One arrived in 15.0 and one in 15.0.5. I am not sure which line is used in the game, but I suspect 15.0.5 version.
    Proud veteran of Tranquility(Atlantean)

Afelia - Opifex trader : PvM armour
    Adv: Armour -Trox Melee Adventurer by heart.

SWG doesn't have leets... there's no competition -Cold
    We will not be able to hit the barn from the inside! - Spluggzter
    Hmmmm, I am still too gimped to live - Baxie

Well the 15.05 was a tweaking of the requirements, from 1381 in 3 base abilities to 1276 at ql300.

And looking at the only Ocular Artillery it has 1276 in base abilities, so it might still be dropping.
    Burt "Goriath" Kirklin
    nothing is impossible, the impossible only takes slightly longer time to accomplish

Originally posted by Afelia
    There are two lines of symbiants in the Database. One arrived in 15.0 and one in 15.0.5. I am not sure which line is used in the game, but I suspect 15.0.5 version.
    Unless I'm mistaken, the 15.0 symbs have stupid high reqs, while the 15.0.5 ones have more sane reqs.

Oh, and I completely forgot: Roxxor post Glara!
    Reverend Revelator Ramagano, Proud Something of Alpha Omega

Alpha Omega: Fighting For Your Future, Today

No, I'm not back.

How embarrassing, after all these years it turns out I CAN'T spell **ncom with an F and a U, talk about egg on my face eh?

Looks like the 15.0 Ocular Artillery didn't need tweaking or something of that nature. I'll take a closer look and update later. Only made a half arsed attempt at the eye as there was one missing.
    Glarawyn L220 OT Adventurer
    It's good to be furry.
    ----
    Lilredhot L220 OT Enforcer
    Don't mind me, I tank without a helmet.
    ----
    Gunslinger19 L150 OT Soldier
    There's a word for people who think everyone's out to get them: perceptive.

Originally posted by Revelator

Support Ocular doesn't have pistol, nor range increase, which is unacceptable to me at least. I will need a good Ocular Artillery before I give up my regular implant.

With brain I went for a support one too, since the artillery one doesn't have NR.
    oops, misinterpreted her post :/ Thought she was saying that Support was better for ranged and Infantry was better for melee. Didn't actually look at how it applied to ranged advents Just really meant that Support was clearly better than Infantry for melee advents imo.

Attacked by Leet!

Thank you Glara, now tell me how to get my treatment up to 2188 please
    "Ignorance is the greatest evil we will ever face" . -Dr. James Cone, ca 1990 CE

Available for Weddings, Mediations, Treaties, Celebrations, and Hugs...
    Neutrals come join #neutrality on irc.funcom.com! Everyone welcome.
    Counseling available by appointment-Priestess Cathryn Ardman
    Cat's Closet

Favourite Chat Colours: 250 200 250, try it!
    I am an adventurer, of COURSE I like going camping! :P

I just wanted to bump this so it doesn't fall too far down.
    *la la land*
    FIRST ORDER 4 evah!

Subscribing to this excellent thread
    ´
    Mantrin /\ Amno /\ Groess /\Egeria /\ Fisler /\ Iyix /\Ilijana /\

Krugerrand /\Omninecrosis /\ Masif /\ Indrik /\

bump for the nice post
    Vassilis - lvl 220/30 Adventurer (RK2)
    Perasma - lvl 207/xx Enforcer
    Martingale - lvl 150/20 Fixer
    Gouryella - lvl 114/12 Trader
    Zocalo - lvl 95/10 Agent

Dark Front
    - Visit our Forums

another bump for a great post!!

Not to hijack your thread or anything, but just wanted to let everyone know that I put together my own take on Advent Symbiants up on my site. Check it out :) aodb.info/advents
    Figured that it was related to this enough to post here, hope it's ok.

Attacked by Leet!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast