Thread: Agent related from roundtable November

Agent related from roundtable November

17:49: [Irongryphon2] Phormex: Agents are the masters of damage in SL, on paper. There is a big problem with this, and that is the fact that it is indeed on paper. In reality, we are having trouble hitting same level mobs and lower level mobs for more than minimum damage, and most of our damage budget comes from these regular shots.

17:49: [Irongryphon2] Phormex: We are an extremely weak profession, and massive damage only balances us. But defences > offences by far, heck, even our perk specials are hard to land due to the fact that defences are so overpowered.

17:49: [Irongryphon2] Phormex: In addition to this, we are not balanced at all towards other professions. Take a look at martial artists for example. They do the same or more damage than agents, and have twice the defence (I can back this up with actual tests performed on test server). (Oh, and saying agents have the advantage of range isn't really viable anymore, SL mobs have 50 meter range anyway).

17:50: [Irongryphon2] Phormex: This probably sounds like a long agent-whine, and to round it off, I will say that being a level 200 agent is pretty enjoyable. We aren't the best profession out there, but far from the worst. This is mainly because we hit our max potential for using mimic profession around level 200. The problem is 200-220 and 120-190. This is where we struggle.

17:50: [Irongryphon2] Phormex: Agents need to seriously be looked at as a profession. FunCom needs to decide on whether to keep or to throw away false profession as a consept. If they want to keep it, they need to improve it and make it our profession defining ability.

17:50: [Irongryphon2] Phormex: If they want to throw it away, they need to do just that, and make us an independant class. (Just like they promised in early SL BETA). Damage alone ain't gonna cut it, at least not until they raise our damage by a substantial amount.

17:50: [Irongryphon2] Phormex: As a final note, make the Pinpoint rifle available to neutrals. It is a huge part of our damage template, and neutral agents will be more or less gimped in the endgame.

17:50: [Irongryphon2] Phormex: yeah for neutral love, im done
    Carl Zeizz Optics (NanoGent: 211). Space technology in your riflescope.

that Phormex guy is a noob
    Mattie, 209 GrandMaster OT Finalizer
    Agent Professional
    send me an email
    or visit us on irc.funcom.com

"For everything that works, there was a time when it didn't."

The problem is 200-220 and 120-190.
    ?
    I cannot speak about SL and the 200-220, as I don't have SL. But 120-190? The first part of the range is where you twink yourself through the roof with all kinds of equipment, the second part is when you can use Mimic, and the third part is the TL5 cap, boring for everyone but to call it a problem...

And if they dump False Profession, be it for ungodly amount of damage, I change profession.

Sorry, just the two most obvious things that made me jump.

[edit]So in fact I am afraid that I have to disagree with everything I can an advice on[/edit]

Cheers.
    Last edited by Chernish; Dec 11th, 2003 at 17:33:39.
    Concealment is bugged in PvM: hit sneak two times after you zone. Only then you will be able to sneak properly.

The overall concept though is dead on.

"Do something!" - Colonel Sanders, Spaceballs

Re: Agent related from roundtable November

Originally posted by Zeizz

17:50: [Irongryphon2] Phormex: As a final note, make the Pinpoint rifle available to neutrals. It is a huge part of our damage template, and neutral agents will be more or less gimped in the endgame.

17:50: [Irongryphon2] Phormex: yeah for neutral love, im done
    A BIG blowkiss to Phormex.

A VERY special bottle of OMNI Champagne is in the fridge for you,
    The bathtub version,:P
    Oliewabie
    Entertainer and Rubi-Ka Trotter

Feel free to visit:
    Olie's Arul Saba Store - Gems and Bracer
    Free Champagne and refreshements

Very well written, I wish I could manage to get a hold of this Phormex-guy, I have to talk to him about a possible vacant professionals position for when I fire Matt.
    Kind Regards
    Prince "Morphex" Olveda

Agent Professional
    Proud Member of Legion
    [pic] [stat] [eqp]

Unknown: "I am a nobody, and nobody is perfect; therefore, I am perfect"
    Scope755: "To all Devs: ISNT SOO COOL TO BE NOT WELCOME IN INFERNO SK TEAMS."

Originally posted by Morphex
    Very well written, I wish I could manage to get a hold of this Phormex-guy, I have to talk to him about a possible vacant professionals position for when I fire Matt.
    About time!! rofl..

But seriously, I want a position on the development team if you can pull a few strings

Maybe then we can finally get some changes we desperately deserve in this game.

Wow, old thread
    Kind Regards
    Prince "Morphex" Olveda

Agent Professional
    Proud Member of Legion
    [pic] [stat] [eqp]

Originally posted by Militaryman

About time!! rofl..

But seriously, I want a position on the development team if you can pull a few strings

Maybe then we can finally get some changes we desperately deserve in this game.
    Pull what strings?

Oh, yeah, you mean make a phonecall to Marius' red phone, the one with a direct line to all the professionals, that we use for telling him what to do?
    Kind Regards
    Prince "Morphex" Olveda

Agent Professional
    Proud Member of Legion
    [pic] [stat] [eqp]

Throwing away our FP's would be a nightmare. Ever try soloing anything in regaulr agent mode? It's like playing with a fixer with no speed and no hots. NO WAY you'll kill anything in inferno lol.
    Wireless Keyboard and mouse 50 bucks, Flat Screen 17 inch monitor 150 bucks, Self Made Pc 800 Bucks, Out damaging and shutting people up with skill priceless

Bringin It New York Style to AO If the truth hurts you on a forum then your a coward

Originally posted by Silent Storm
    Throwing away our FP's would be a nightmare. Ever try soloing anything in regaulr agent mode? It's like playing with a fixer with no speed and no hots. NO WAY you'll kill anything in inferno lol.
    Never said we should lose FP either. I don't even want to lose FP. But it's disturbing how "most" people in this forum (hate to generalize) seem to lack the ability to actually read complete sentences. Because if you actually read what I wrote...

"... If they want to throw it away, they need to do just that, and make us an independant class. ..."

... you would see that I put one important condition in there, that we were made an independant profession instead, with defensive abilities of our own. Just like any other profession. So your entire argument about us being gimpy as regular agents is pretty useless, allthough true.

Anyway, this was said way back when there was still confusion about whether FC actually intended to keep FP or not. It seems pretty clear that they do now, and seeing as it has always been my favourite part of being an agent, I really wouldn't wanna lose it anyway.
    Kind Regards
    Prince "Morphex" Olveda

Agent Professional
    Proud Member of Legion
    [pic] [stat] [eqp]

whoa wait a minute where did i say that it would happen and we be stripped left with nothing. I just said it would be a nightmare if we was stripped of that and tried to solo. Read my whole sentence and understand it as well.
    Wireless Keyboard and mouse 50 bucks, Flat Screen 17 inch monitor 150 bucks, Self Made Pc 800 Bucks, Out damaging and shutting people up with skill priceless

Bringin It New York Style to AO If the truth hurts you on a forum then your a coward

i believe you were expressing that agents would be left with nothing as you said that if fixers would be stripped "It's like playing with a fixer with no speed and no hots"

Now now girls..
    "Although extraordinary valor was displayed by the entire corps of Spartans and Thespians, yet bravest of all was declared the Spartan Dienekes. It is said that on the eve of battle, he was told by a native of Trachis that the Persian archers were so numerous that, when they fired their volleys, the mass of arrows blocked out the sun. Dienekes, however, quite undaunted by this prospect, remarked with a laugh, 'Good. Then we'll have our battle in the shade.' "
    —Herodotus, The Histories

stop bringing old threads back to life! start new ones, we need the post counts
    Mattie, 209 GrandMaster OT Finalizer
    Agent Professional
    send me an email
    or visit us on irc.funcom.com

"For everything that works, there was a time when it didn't."