Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: The PvP Ranking System

The PvP Ranking System

I do apologise for this information taking as long as it has to get to you. I know you've been waiting a while for this, and it feels good to finally give it to you. There was a possible issue with the PvP formula, and that is why it took as long as it did to get it out - we double and triple-checked it to make sure this issue did not exist, and I'm glad to say it doesn't, so here we are.

Without further hesitation, here it is; The PvP Ranking System -

----------------------------------------------------

The titles
    • 1300 – 1399 => <Unranked>
    • 1400 – 1499 => Freshman
    • 1500 – 1599 => Rookie
    • 1600 – 1699 => Apprentice
    • 1700 – 1799 => Novice
    • 1800 – 1899 => Neophyte
    • 1900 – 1999 => Experienced
    • 2000 – 2099 => Expert
    • 2100 – 2299 => Master
    • 2300 – 2499 => Champion
    • 2500 and up => Grandmaster

Basic rules
    • Everybody starts with a PvP rating of 1300.
    • Your rating can never go below 1300.
    • Fighting people with a rating that differs by more than 100 from your own will never change your rating.

Changes to the rating

When winning or losing the rating points gained or lost is calculated according to this formula:
    Base_Change + ( Change_Modifier * Rating_Difference )
    If you win, the points are added to your rating. If you lose, they're subtracted from it.

The Base_Change and Change_Modifier depend on your current rating, like this:
    (Rating => Base_Change / Change_Modifier)
    • 1300 – 2099 => 16 / 0.04
    • 2100 – 2400 => 12 / 0.03
    • 2401 and up => 8 / 0.02

This generally means that while having a rating below 2100 you will gain 16 points from winning against somebody of equal rating. This is then modified by one point for each 25 in rating difference between the two of you. Since there’s a cap at 100 in difference to have the rating change, you will get between 12 and 20 points per kill, if any.

As you get to 2100 points and above you will gain – and lose – less points per battle.

--------------------------------------------------
    Earn free game time and play with your friends[/b]

Anarchy Online Community Representative

w00t! finally ) ty Cosmik =)
    This reality, whatever you want to call it, I can't stand it any longer. It's the smell, if there is such a thing. I feel saturated by it. I can taste your stink and every time I do, I fear that I've somehow been infected by it

Pure Mantra - I'm a runner, and damn proud of it.

Is the 100 difference working both ways? I have seen people loose novice when killed by a non-titled.

And thanks for posting it finally. :P
    ~Lone

Originally posted by Noer
    Is the 100 difference working both ways? I have seen people loose novice when killed by a non-titled.
    Yup, it works both ways. Cosmik and I logged in to test. I set his rating to 1700 and mine to 1300, then killed him, and he didn't lose any points.

Okay, nice to know. I guess the ones who whines about people who cares about titles just lost their goal in life. :P

Oh boy I love that sentence.
    ~Lone

Glad to know that there isn't a big penalty for people with higher titles. It's also good to have this finally.

Originally posted by Cz

Yup, it works both ways. Cosmik and I logged in to test. I set his rating to 1700 and mine to 1300, then killed him, and he didn't lose any points.
    LMAO

Thx a mill Cosmik and Cz.

I think this newly accuired knowledge will have positive effect on PVP as a whole

Talking

Hello
    I was wondering.. is there any way too see how much rating a person have or how much i have for example ?
    Btw ty for this post hehe...
    Guess that killin n00bs in mort doesnt
    have any point anylonger ..or am i wrong ? Heh..
    Last edited by Nallepuuh; May 27th, 2002 at 17:17:29.
    Picture of me in real life
    -Honing är gott-

Re: The PvP Ranking System

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Cosmik

[b][*]Fighting people with a rating that differs by more than 100 from your own will never change your rating.[/list]
    Changes to the rating

that is not true ive seen someone get novice after killing a freshman, and i myself got apprentice from killing a notitled person.... explain.

Oxo
    If I am not mistaken, it just has to do with the points you had prior to a fight. Please correct me if I misunderstand, but if a freshman kills a rookie, freshman gains more points as the rookie looses them, and the rookie loses more points than if he/she had lost to another rookie. Thats how I gather at least. Thanks for researching this guys =)

I do appreciate this info but as stated in the reply above, i do not thing the 100 point rule works as it should.

/me drools.....I wanna be Grandmaster....

And I also don't buy the 100 point rule. =)
    Keldrys - General of Legion

Maybe u people should notice that the system doesn't always update the Title system correctly and to excatly to that time u get the kill / death. I have seen people getting Freshman 2 hours after their last kill .. They even logged on and off in the mean time. So it might very well be that the people loosing / getting title got it from last kill or the kill before that. Its just what i have noticed. As for me i lost apprentice too, though didn't get any msg and noted it just several hours later.. and yes i checked my title after dead.
    ----------------------------------------
    Nyleve, lvl 220 Soldier
    DocNyl, lvl 210 Eternalist
    ----------------------------------------
    General of Legion

Re: The PvP Ranking System

Originally posted by Cosmik

When winning or losing the rating points gained or lost is calculated according to this formula:
    Base_Change + ( Change_Modifier * Rating_Difference )
    If you win, the points are added to your rating. If you lose, they're subtracted from it.
    Im a little in doupt about the rating_difference. Is the difference calculated as lowest_rating - highest_rating so thats its a negative number or? It would be most logic, I just want to be sure =)

ack

Originally posted by Cz

ACK he killed Cosmik!!!!!!!!
    Oh well at least we got this info from him first...

--Crazyhorse--

Cool =)

so when do we see the first Grandmaster ? :P

/muuu
    chars.
    220 enfa
    220 doca
    220 keepa
    220 shada
    220 engia
    220 crata
    200 ma/fixa/nta/enfa

im proud to say i ones was advisor in Apocalypse and Dictator in Forsaken!
    captain smek irl! "Timelapse: I'll never forget Smekkes the soviet"
    aka bakerman
    smek!

Thanks Cosmik!

I really wonder how I got apprentice when I helped to kill Destria tho(she is untitled) and I didn't even get the kill...
    Azzazzimon

Clan Apocalypse - The guild for models

Account closed.

Viewing present score

Can you view your present score? If not, can an Ark tell you?

How can i see how many points i have???
    Picture of me in real life
    -Honing är gott-

OK so this is the way it is stated to work. This is totally different from what we were lead to believe. As I thought, if I am a Neo and loose to a no-titled person, I loose alot of points. But this is not true? Coming from a person who wants to progress in title, this totally turns me off of PvP. I mean you dont kill greys to lvl do you? So I dont want to kill anyone lower than novice due to the no benefit no penalty thing. Now being there are barely any clan novices and only 1 clan Neo, this makes it a bit hard for me to move to the next title after being Neo for over 3 months. So all the PvP I have done, and all the clan killing for the good of OT has been for naught? Dont get me wrong, I do have fun PvP, but just like getting exp there is an ultimate goal. And getting the next title is my short-term goal.

With this system the way it is you are hampered from obtaining high titles by the pace at which everyone else PvP's. I dont think this is an eficient system. Its like being lvl 150 and being able to group with a lvl 50 but only they get exp till they get up to your lvl. You cant get to lvl 151 till they get to lvl 150. Its an extreme example but gets the point across. There should be some benefit and penalty for PvPing period. You should always either get or loose points, albeit as minimal as Fc wants to make them. But I should get something for killing and apprentice, and I should definately loose points for dying to one.

Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast