Thread: Demoted's Keeper Guide Part 1 (1-100)

Demoted's Keeper Guide Part 1 (1-100)

This guide has been re-written and moved.
    Last edited by Demoted; May 15th, 2004 at 07:09:35.

Last edited by Demoted; May 15th, 2004 at 07:10:19.

This is all excellent stuff, but one error. 1-100 (and higher really but nm that) opifex have the easiest times with implants and symbiants. Check out all the super-twinks around those levels and they are 90% opifex for that very reason.
    Tsunameh
    First Savior of Rimor. Former keeper professional.
    Tsunameh

Legends sometimes come back to haunt their enemies.

Playing WoW as a facemelter.

Worth mentioning, is that early on, if you're OT, the OT barracks quest is good, the helmet and backpack can be worn quite a while, and it requires only the money to buy the whiskey..

The OT Tailor quest is also good, but not until lvl8-10, or else the rollerrats can suddenly gang up on you

Also, the 1st spec book can be found in Jobe BY, as well as apprentice swords, guards, and naginata's, so killin' some (well, kinda many) birds is highly recommended, to get some free 2hand edged, and the book..

And finally, killing malah-anas at about lvl15 (can't remember) for Thar's is also a way to get a little more AC.. don't know how this compares to mission armors at this level though..

And I forgot, Very nice guide, will probably take another peek when I level some more
    BORN STUBBORN

Great guide. Very useful for ppl new to the profession.

One thing I'd like to mention though is you say TotW is the place to level in the 21-40 range. Now although I agree it's a decent spot, I'd argue that you might have a faster time leveling in Nascence around the NW through to SW areas (Steppe of Despair - Two Mountains). The xp is insane in these areas, and keepers are well equiped for handling the melee damage the mobs here throw at you.

I usually only head into the temple for a the basic items (Exarch robe/rings Guardian board and some of Liens' goodies if I can be bothered, oh and the rockcrusher gloves and those 2 non-rare implants) and of course our 'keeper' weapons there that you mentioned in your guide.

The temple can be a daunting spot for new ppl with all the training that goes on there, and only the xp on the legos is Vgood.

Also hunting in the Two Mountains area will also last you longer because you can continue south and start killing hecklers there around 45-50 and onward.

Something I would also like to mention about the temple is that as a keeper you MUST visit it before 60 for the frost scythe atleast. You'll find it does more damage against hecklers until you get your FBR than any other weapon you'll be able to equip at lvl 40-125 (Might be a few exceptions but nothing that a non-hardcore player could get). If you find yourself at lvl 61 without the scythe you'll be at a disadvantage for the next 65 lvls.

Zembla 202 Omni MP on Rimor
    Gander 187 Omni Adventurer on Rimor

A very well written and informative guide. This is also a pleasant change from all those nasty, negative threads.
    "Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence." (Albert Einstein)

Explorer 73% Achiever 53% Socializer 53% Killer 20%

I'm surprises I didn't see anything on Elysium.
    As for that, a good place to level in Elysium (you can get there around lvl 50) is Remnants, just south of the Incarnator (big, blue flashy in the sky)

Take the portal to Remnants (if Clan) and run to intercept the...
    MIRE RAFTERS

Theese give pretty good XP, and with Bio Cocoon theese are NO problem at all.

Good for the ranges 65-80.

After that, head for the spot just south of Shell Beach with the Bone Dragons and Devourers of Life.

At 80'ish with a good setup you can solo the Devourers if you have cocoon and a good spindle set.
    Get a styg and get out there. With pooled XP theese guys give 60K XP each.

Just tips for the guys who have ungimped keepers.
    Oriana Gwenneth Pendragon - 213/14 Keeper, Advisor of Unity Of The Rose (eqp)

Benreddik Oilshake Fyfasan - 208/10 Trader, Veteran of Unity Of The Rose (eqp)

Last edited by Demoted; May 15th, 2004 at 07:10:49.

Do you have SL?

*wonders how to make a Keeper without SL*

Very nice guide. Mind if I add a hunting spot? Around 45 if you feel like soloing, a nice spot is at the Portal from Nasence in Elysium. Kill all the little orange guys and you'll get some ok experience with very little risk.
    If you let them f*** you
    There will be no foreplay,
    Rest assured, they'll screw you complete
    'Til your a** is blue and grey

-Incubus

Ikagawa: First MA to be dropped by a QB wielding NT. I hate you Fallenhex! Veteran, Opposing Force
    Arienne, Former Squad Commander of the Dominatrix Society of Tir, Atlantean
    Stretdoc, Rimor

Originally posted by Captain Action
    Do you have SL?
    Not to poke fun but you cannot start a keeper, use perks, use keeper nanos, get SL weapons like the Sword of Sir Tristam and the like, tier armor... =) so yes I have SL... I just really didn't spend a whole lot of time in SL till I was level 130 (camping my tier peices). So most of the lower stuff in SL i don't know a whole lot about... thus why I'm glad to add in suggestions... I've been looking over some other stuff and will probably completely rewrite the guide... but this is whats up for now.

You still didn't correct the *inaccurate* information about solitus being able to equip symbiants more easily than anyone else. This isn't a matter of opinion, it's plain wrong - please rectify Opifex have easiest time on symbiants - fact.
    Tsunameh
    First Savior of Rimor. Former keeper professional.
    Tsunameh

Legends sometimes come back to haunt their enemies.

Playing WoW as a facemelter.

Originally posted by Trajal
    You still didn't correct the *inaccurate* information about solitus being able to equip symbiants more easily than anyone else. This isn't a matter of opinion, it's plain wrong - please rectify Opifex have easiest time on symbiants - fact.

"Have the easiest time with Symbiants in the end."

I think the information is correct, just a little vague. I think b "the end" he means 220. While this is a 1-100 guide, choosing your character happens to you in the 1-100 period but will effect you as long as your character exist. Possibly redefining what "the end" means? Beyond being "vague" it's 100% correct.

I'll study deeper into this but I'm very confident for all around abils Soli is the best, Atrox will have the highest AR, and Opi will be good at evades.
    Last edited by Demoted; May 14th, 2004 at 07:48:08.

Originally posted by Hyperlink
    I'll study deeper into this but I'm very confident for all around abils Soli is the best, Atrox will have the highest AR, and Opi will be good at evades.
    pre-201 opifex has the same amount in every stat as a solitus except sense / agi which is actually higer, stam is blue.. but! you can raise it just as high as a soli . After 201+ opifexes get a bit lower cap on some skills then a solitus, there for makeing the solitus over take their opifex counterparts. Opifexes used to actually be the best class for enforcers before Atroxes got thier boost.
    Last edited by Balrogis; May 14th, 2004 at 13:01:04.

BTW I am currently rewriting this guide to be more readable and place a ton of more information in it, also to include 100-200 Please post any relevant information here, if I get a bunch of info on 200+ I'll add it in as well...

Calling all 200+ keepers to post a bunch of information, I'll sift through it and produce that part of the guide as well

- demoted