Thread: Tank Armour and question about agility

Tank Armour and question about agility

Just got meh tank armour and I have to say Im pretty depressed, It was poop.

If i take it off/put it on it only saves around 3 points of damage when they are hitting for 60 -70 odd then it doesnt really make it worth it, Im lvl 43 (armour lvl 50). I think I would be better with no tank and save it (the armour) doubling my nano useage for casting, I would be better off casting thicken skin and mongo instead.

My agility hasnt been increased for ages and still hangs around 80, I was looking at getting a decus coat, but didnt want to pump IP into Agility if that is not worth it, if only for taht benefit though I am sure that agility is also strongly linked to evades.

Are decus coats mission only items?

Bit of guidance pls folks

thanks.

You can buff your AGI with Feline Grace (Agent), general buff and implants (obviously). Pumping some points in it is quite worth it anyway - Decus coat are way better than tank, they will give you better AC without crippling your nano skills.

You can find some Decus doing missions (with friends if necessary). Don't bother buying them at ridiculous prices.

Still I think that the market has dropped a lot now that everyone is doing missions to sell Decus.

Last word : don't neglect AC too much, you'll need it to figth reds mobs. You may be fooled because it is less relevant with yellow / green mob, but you need good AC.
    "Donner à des millions une connaissance de l'anglais, c'est les rendre esclaves". (Hind Swarâj, ch. 18)

agility is god, it decides how high you jump! just be careful, with 408 agility I sometimes jump through the ceilings in missions and get stuck above LOL
    I am Dnastyone Official Broom pusher for The Professionals
    Painmage my newest funnest guy
    PHEAR ME RK1 Yazule IMMMM BACK

I would have to say that this is an typicall example of how an flame should not look like. You need to think things through and calm down before you try to write an flame... Im sorry but I would rate this flame with an 1. Aggression is to high, grammar and cursing isnt to well planned... Maybe he has an point somewhere in there but I dont even want to find it. - Centurion3

ROFLOL

yeah..and im beggining to jump and hurt myself

Be careful looking at damage values during a fight. I did the same test as you and it made no difference to the damage I recieved... I was told you need to do it before the fight starts.

are you saying I can take off tank armor during a fight and have the same effective ac? and no nanodelta? hrmm..
    I am Dnastyone Official Broom pusher for The Professionals
    Painmage my newest funnest guy
    PHEAR ME RK1 Yazule IMMMM BACK

I would have to say that this is an typicall example of how an flame should not look like. You need to think things through and calm down before you try to write an flame... Im sorry but I would rate this flame with an 1. Aggression is to high, grammar and cursing isnt to well planned... Maybe he has an point somewhere in there but I dont even want to find it. - Centurion3

ROFLOL

Errr ?

Good point.

Try it.

I took off a tank that was adding abuout 40% to my AC and didn't see any noticable difference in damage received.

Interesting concept if that *is* what happens.

interresting!
    hmmm... maybe tank armour will prove to be good again?

well u'd still have to be able to self equip the tank armor which i can't do myself atm so i get the expensive nano costs

but i could use a coat if i had one
    Path to Enlightenment
    How to Become a Tester.

Originally posted by Yazule
    are you saying I can take off tank armor during a fight and have the same effective ac? and no nanodelta? hrmm..
    That's what I used to do with my first enforcer back when senpai coats were all ql1 and tank armor not fully "fixed".
    At worst you take an extra hit but you can cast mongo at no extra cost.
    The only obvious condition : being able to self equip the tank armor

In teams with a good doc I was using an overquipped battlesuit and mostly taunted with aggro multipliers with also enough nano to mongo twice (solitus breed with almost 2k total nano). When you consider the AC they give and their price it's an interesting option but not viable for solo (and battlesuits look great).

Both tank armors and battlesuits are cheap now, might be worth it to give them a try.

Get in the temple

Tank armour bad
    Exarc robe good.

You are self nerfing if you dont get one

For those above lvl 60 - hope they bring out the next dungeon quickly.

ANi.
    PLEASE, give use a simple YES or no answer as to whether or not the CoH chests can be opened

Never stupid tank, use robes/coats, until you can squeeze into Alb.

Easy to get 130ish Alb on at around lvl 90ish. Temporary plants are your friends then.
    Papabear 'Prejudiced' Primakoff
    RK1 Clan Godfather

~ Made a career parallel to AO ~

Guys did you notice this post is over a year old?

There were no such things as albrechts back then, and tank armours had a 100%(?) nanocost modifier

215/15 | Lagerlad Atrox Adventurer | eqp | Mostly indestructible
    214/13 | Xpie Atrox Meta-physicist | eqp | Supernova!
    Member of Ragnarok

Lmao

I guess Ani was bored and dug out an ancient thread...and then here I come, none less bored, and reply withouth even looking at dates
    Papabear 'Prejudiced' Primakoff
    RK1 Clan Godfather

~ Made a career parallel to AO ~

Ani was bored

but no, I didn't dig out this thread, I was looking at the enforcer sticky thread.

Besides, over the year the issues have changed, good to update the story now.

There is the tank armour that drops from the big sword buckethead with bad attitude in the temple that is better than exarc robes, and wearing it proudly announces the fact you could convince other people to go and attack him for you, as you wait back for him to get to 10%. I think there should be decals you can apply to the armour to remember the people that died getting you that armour.

Ani.
    PLEASE, give use a simple YES or no answer as to whether or not the CoH chests can be opened