Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Melee Init

Melee Init

How does this work then,

I am lvl 45 and have about 80-90 melee init (might be even lower than that)

I have a hammer equiped and it is bloomin slow as something really slow.

For example if a weapon has an 5 sec attck and 5 second recharge time how much difference will maxed out melee init make from half melee init and no melee init?

I have the ration :1 sec less = 1000 melee init, in mind.
    But I have nothing to backup this.

And since I was really bragging about it in another thread, it seems that 800 melee init (massively buffed) is really fast. I have unbuffed 300 melee init and with my beam I have a ratio of 2-3 hits / 1 brawl. With 800 melee init I have something like 6-8 hits / 1 brawl.

I do crit a lot more too, even without crit buff. statistically it makes sense.

Still have no real numbers, but I think that recharge time is not that much affected by melee init increase. And thus the hammer with its huge recharge time does not take as much benefice as the supprot beam.

Not much but hope that helps a bit.
    "Donner à des millions une connaissance de l'anglais, c'est les rendre esclaves". (Hind Swarâj, ch. 18)

600 melee init should shave off 1 second from your attack timer. your recharge timer should be unaffected.

Melee init is wonderful.

I think it has even more effect than 600=1 sec off.

I have 350 init unbuffed, with my flurry of blows and rage it gets up to 700 ish and my attacks go *mad*. Seems about half the time between attacks at 700 than at 350.

I intend to keep plowing IP into it for sure.

FOBs can bug u, deflection shields can bug u. mix both and u can get the uber speed bugs, or uber slow bugs. just gotta keep trying until u get what u want, will take the kind of patience i'm not willing to spend on it.

hmm, guy I know says that 600 melee init is 1 sec off attack, 2 sec off recharge ... *shrugs*

just what he told me
    I am Dnastyone Official Broom pusher for The Professionals
    Painmage my newest funnest guy
    PHEAR ME RK1 Yazule IMMMM BACK

I would have to say that this is an typicall example of how an flame should not look like. You need to think things through and calm down before you try to write an flame... Im sorry but I would rate this flame with an 1. Aggression is to high, grammar and cursing isnt to well planned... Maybe he has an point somewhere in there but I dont even want to find it. - Centurion3

ROFLOL

FoB doesnt produce the same effect as increased initiative.

Before I started increasing my Melee Init it sat around 350. I've pumped it about to about 507 with implants and some IP.

Now 507 is almost exactly what my init showed as during FoB. However, FoB to 507 made me swing like a madman, init to 507 has had a much, much, much smaller effect - almost negligable.

Exclamation

About melee init. Now you have to remember that when you have max agro setting it gives you +300 to inits. And since 600 seems like 1s more it's only when you have max agro. Keep in mind that all those speed things are calculated at 50% deff/agro setting. So 1000 in melee init gives 1s more speed.

Originally posted by BGumble
    FoB doesnt produce the same effect as increased initiative.

Before I started increasing my Melee Init it sat around 350. I've pumped it about to about 507 with implants and some IP.

Now 507 is almost exactly what my init showed as during FoB. However, FoB to 507 made me swing like a madman, init to 507 has had a much, much, much smaller effect - almost negligable.
    Mmmmmh... am I going to spare IPs here ? I was ready to follow the same track...
    "Donner à des millions une connaissance de l'anglais, c'est les rendre esclaves". (Hind Swarâj, ch. 18)

Originally posted by Matsui
    About melee init. Now you have to remember that when you have max agro setting it gives you +300 to inits. And since 600 seems like 1s more it's only when you have max agro. Keep in mind that all those speed things are calculated at 50% deff/agro setting. So 1000 in melee init gives 1s more speed.
    when I look at melee init I take into account full agro = 1 second = 600 init, and seems to work out perfectly.

and init DOES affect recharge, the disimilation of the client says 600 = -1/-2 to your swing with the cap of course (now lets argue if it is.5/.5 or 1/1 hehe)

Wish I could link to the info on the guy that picked appart the client, but I dont have that info.

The world may never know.

I would have to say that this is an typicall example of how an flame should not look like. You need to think things through and calm down before you try to write an flame... Im sorry but I would rate this flame with an 1. Aggression is to high, grammar and cursing isnt to well planned... Maybe he has an point somewhere in there but I dont even want to find it. - Centurion3

ROFLOL

Originally posted by Gummizluv
    Mmmmmh... am I going to spare IPs here ? I was ready to follow the same track...
    Stupidly I thought it would be like constant FoB.

Disappointed with the effort for the implants, the money and the IP spend (quite a bit as Psyche IIRC has to be pumped first).

about melee init i have it around 300 something but since it depends on some basic skills to upgrade, like sense agility and stuff .. i'd like to know how high u have your basic abilities
    i have been maxing str/sta and agi lately to get on a primus coat on havent put much in the rest ... from 100-120 each, but about u guys ?
    Path to Enlightenment
    How to Become a Tester.

I am at a point where I dump IP's into int, the second req on melee init, have it up to 260 or so, at some point int wont be enough, so I will work sense (some ongodly low # right now).

The reason I do int is because my NANO SKILLS are capped, and their main is int.

my init is about 470 or so fully buffed, then stack rage and FOB on that and it pops up to about 600-700, though FOB dont show for some reason, must add to somethin else that makes you faster.

I am capped now, so I will have more IP's to spend soon I am sure.

ROFLOL

link

Me and Yaz are arguing about the same subject here:
    http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...&threadid=7893

(starts off as a whiny fixer thread but then gets into init. debate)

. . just so you and me dont have to retype Yazule

hehe, ya and me and mike were talking the same talk HERE

ROFLOL

Exclamation

If you actually look at a flurry of blows description, i think (my memory is a little foggy at 5 am) that it increases the agg-def value.. not the melee init value specifically. And if melee init is like ranged init, it is 300 skill = 1 second off time. About the agg-def.. not sure exactly how this works.. but (this makes sense in my head anyway) the higher you agg, the faster you swing, so if it's set to a new value, then you're going to swing faster if you are all the way aggro, or slower but get hit less if you're all the way defensive. Now i have to go see if FoB actually does increase init or what.. sigh ::logs in::

Okidoki, been deep-sea diving in the archives I see. This thread is ancient :P Check dates before replying, since this thread was active, the way inits work has changed.

For the record: FoB does add init AND increase your agg/def setting. By no small amount. Although the agg/def increase was reduced for high ql FoB's since it made people using them vulnerable out of proportion to the benefit of using them.

Currently the way melee init is thought to work is 600 init = 1s / 2s off attack / recharge on weps.

Chronita has a rooted thread on the MA forums that explains inits in detail: HERE

Have fun!
    Best regards,
    Kanatach
    Kanatinka
    Kanataz

"This existance of ours is as transient as autumn clouds
    To watch the birth and death of beings is like looking at the movements of a dance
    A lifetime is a flash of lightning in the sky
    Rushing by, like a torrent down a steep mountain."

ok. So you are telling me that it realy is worth it dumping all those points into the base abillities to get the melee init up? I tend to get "base abillities to low" at every lvl and end up spending a fortune of IP on deep blue abillities. =(
    There is just never enough.
    And don't even get me started on the nanoskills =P

It just seems so awkward to force a clas to uppgrade deep blue skills to be able to use it's standard and class specific stuff.
    Spotless Clanner agent Squad Commander Of Angels Of The Night RK2.
    Viking Clanner Enforcer Lonely wanderer. RK1

Originally posted by Spotless
    ok. So you are telling me that it realy is worth it dumping all those points into the base abillities to get the melee init up? I tend to get "base abillities to low" at every lvl and end up spending a fortune of IP on deep blue abillities. =(

It just seems so awkward to force a clas to uppgrade deep blue skills to be able to use it's standard and class specific stuff.
    Read my lips "*always* *max* *inits* *whatever* *it* *takes*"
    Papabear 'Prejudiced' Primakoff
    RK1 Clan Godfather

~ Made a career parallel to AO ~

Originally posted by Spotless

As Primakoff said it - pump init up every level. You'll suffer if you don't. What I do is up sense 2 or 3 points, then go back to speed and max melee init and repeat that until it no longer says base abilities to low. I maybe up it a total of 5 points each level.

I'm using a QL40 Flurry of Blows and when I use it plus Berserk Rage it pushes my melee init just over 600 (level 59) and let me tell you: It makes a HUGE difference swinging that Stygian Desolator around. Even the extra 100 init from Berserk Rage makes a difference.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast