Thread: Final List of FC Questions for this week

Final List of FC Questions for this week

OK everyone,

Here's the final list of questions for this week. I've added a suggested prioritisation for the top 5 questions to be put forward to FC. I'm honestly not attached to anything - so if you have a feeling that something needs to be prioritised higher make your voice heard. I'll adjust the priorities as the discussion goes on based on the general feeling of the posters here.

• 1) Can the design team commit to providing some means for bringing the pets directly to the owner when they do get stuck, as it seems they always will to some extent - even if this is only when the pet is not in combat mode itself? If not why not?

Pet pathing is clearly unlikely to be perfected since it has been priority #1 for several patches and we've seen little or no improvement on attack pet pathing in particular. It's also very sensitive to game environment changes so that even if it is 'fixed' now it's likely to be broken again down the line. (recent threads here, here and potential PvP impact thread here)

2) What concrete plans are there to make the MP's present toolset more effective by fixing or adjusting it? This covers issues like:
      - the mez pet effect being fixed and phantom damage fixed (see thread for some ideas)
      - creation weapons adjustments (more damage/faster speed, versions based on cheaper weapons skills e.g. 2HE, Bow and pistol and other skills or possibly armour too...) An interesting thread here and here
      - Seperate nanos for atk rating buff (long buff) and additional dmg buff (anima style) (cross-profession discussion here)
      - adding higher QL nanos to existing nano lines: higher QL pets, higher QL nukes, higher QL wings etc
      - Demons made so they can taunt (see thread here)

3) When are we likely to see new content for MPs in terms of nanos/items beyond level 130 skills levels that give us new abilities not simply higher QLs of the present tool set and what sorts of additions are we likely to se? As one poster put it, we have the following series of abilities "Attack Pet -> Heal Pet -> Nano Buffs -> Flying -> Nano Debuffs -> Int/Psy Buff -> Curse and Shutdown -> NOTHING. For ideas on new abilities see this thread and this thread and this wishlist thread."

4) How soon will we see a Pet Targetting hotkey? (recent thread here)

5) Will the design team reconsider allowing pet owners to conceal pets in some way given that at present pet owners cannot effectively hide while all other professions can do so? (recent thread here)

* Is it possible to put our pet's damage into the "Me hit other" section of the chat server? Having to have "Other hit Other" on causes huge damage spam.

* When will we see new MP armour that isn't incredibly rare and difficult to get?

* Is it possible for pet owners to get messages when hostile nanos land on their pets?

* If a pet is 'scared' can we have it self-terminate after a short period? Cases have been reported where 17 sets of pets end up zoning back and forth with the owner....

* Why is the mez pet line of nanos a 'hostile' nano? Our other pets are not, but the Mez pet is. This results in fumbles.

* Can we have higher QL nano rechargers available in shops?

* Is the pause between a pet dying and being able to cast a new version of that pet a bug or an intended effect? It can take anywhere up to 15 seconds before a new pet can be cast when one dies which can be the difference between life and death.[/b]
      * When can we expect /pet "petname" terminate to work across the playfield as /pet terminate already does?

You can also give your opinions on the priorities of the other questions that are not in the top five. Those opinions will still be important during prioritisation next week.

X
    Last edited by XtremTech; Dec 12th, 2002 at 23:30:20.
    Xtremtech: MetaPhysicist currently resident on Test. (209 + 21 AI Levels).

Various other test MPs of differing levels and builds available.

Yup, I will go with that..

One thing: MP armour. Can we have an MP armour that does not require you to be a nanomage? My psychic is not that high, nor ever will be. Atrox's are people too you know..
    Gimme sammich!!1

Reborn Sammich

bump

Well said
    - Professional NT Rezzor! -

MP armour. Can we have an MP armour that does not require you to be a nanomage?
    Feel free to add such a question to the list next week Ntrox. The Question collection thread for next week will go up on Monday.

X

The above list is great. A lot of the "Top 5" are content issues, which I am not gonna hold my breath on. I'd likely put more emphasis on gameplay issues that are achievable without new content.

Like:
    * When can we expect /pet "petname" terminate to work across the playfield as /pet terminate already does?
    * Is it possible to put our pet's damage into the "Me hit other" section of the chat server? Having to have "Other hit Other" on causes huge damage spam.

But that's just my opinion, all of the above are wonderful ideas to get across to the devil-opers.

You know precisely that question occurred to me too Curmudgeon. There are two content questions included in the top 5 - and one of them is about "What will future brand new content be?" which we know from experience FC doesn't usually tell us until the patch notes are out.....

It might be better to take out the Future Brand new content one and replace it with one of the others.

What does everybody else think?

X

Keeping them separate will wield more complete answers as far as quick fixes are concerned. Also, question 2 and 3 share common content..
    Gimme sammich!!1

Reborn Sammich

Talking Trox!

Atrox are people too? This can't be a feature, better send a bug report.

Seriously I don't see how to make an MP armor where all breeds would be equally satisfied unless instead of using abilities as the requirement skills were to be used.
    Then would it have to be Time & Space, Nano Programming or something else?
    Additionally, even armors that use a skill (Psychology for Corona, right?) as a requirement still demand abilities to reach some high level to be equipped.

What would those be so that as few breeds as breeds as possible suffer from that?

I suppose we could set intelligence as a requirement because all nanoskills are based upon it, now apart from that what?
    Stamina or Strength wouldn't do for nanomages, and as you put it Psychic won't do for the trox.
    This more or less leaves Agility and Sense available, making a MP armor love for the few Opifex that chose the job.

Analyzing this makes a summonable armor (not a blue one, and even if not, not one with grid-like features all over for some obvious reasons) a lot more preferable than a solid one.

A summoned MP armor would/should have TS be 80% of the equip requirements (or maybe a bit less).
    In order for that not to be an MP oriented grid armor, and the way shields and staves work, this armor should have to be summoned piece by piece (as opposed to GA whole body armor).
    Contrarily to summoned weapons and shields it would be nice to not go to 1 HP/Nano, although something like it would have to happen summoning the full set.

Now should such an armor give advantages, and if so which ones? It obviously can't be a huge boost to the evade skills. There's right now no justification for a nanoskill boost. This leaves room for plenty of various improvements though, nano delta could be one (finally some Atrox love from me ).
    Malusz, Fist of Chronos.
    Raised by the Guild of Meta-Physics.

I think that list is good. Most items are things I'd really like to know - though I fear the general answers will be a jolly mix of "No" and "Maybe sometime in the future, but not ETA."

Yes, I'm kind of pessimistic when dealing with FC, but then again, that's a good thing cause if my expectations are much too low, I'll get positively surprised on occasions
    Archelan, Ancarim Iron Legion

Vandreren (Adventurer) - Arctech (Engineer) - Egori (Fixer) - Sherringham (Bureaucrat) - Kurtwood (Trader)

1) Is fine.

2) Might be trying to roll too many eggs into one basket.

3) Same as #2 and even more fits the type of question FC said they would specifically not answer.

4) Is fine, but assumes that we will be getting pet targeting in the first place. Question might be broadened to include the Evocation issue. Remember that if we get a targeting hot key there will be less of a reason to change Evocation, and changing Evocation is ultimately the better fix since it eliminates the need to target your pet in the first place.

5) Is fine.
    ----------------------------------

Other things:

(a valid question...but is a game nuance really, not important)

* When will we see new MP armour that isn't incredibly rare and difficult to get?

(assumes the answer that we will be getting new MP armor in the first place...and also includes a complaint against high level boss camping. A better way to ask this question would be: 'are MP's getting any new class defining items (like NT's "cyberdeck" or Fixer DS armor) between now and Notum Wars? What is the expected accessibility of the item(s)?'

* Is it possible for pet owners to get messages when hostile nanos land on their pets?

(a valid question)

* If a pet is 'scared' can we have it self-terminate after a short period? Cases have been reported where 17 sets of pets end up zoning back and forth with the owner...

(a valid question...but would rather report this as a bug, rather than burn a Question that could possibly give us insight to new MP content. Putting it another way, if its a bug that potentially benefits the MP, then let Funcom deal with it on their own time.)

* Why is the mez pet line of nanos a 'hostile' nano? Our other pets are not, but the Mez pet is. This results in fumbles.

(a valid question...but not important)

* Can we have higher QL nano rechargers available in shops?

(a valid question)

* Is the pause between a pet dying and being able to cast a new version of that pet a bug or an intended effect? It can take anywhere up to 15 seconds before a new pet can be cast when one dies which can be the difference between life and death.

(a valid question)

(a valid question - but again assumes the fix. Might consider removing the "When" from the question.)
    Last edited by Psiraven; Dec 11th, 2002 at 23:42:45.
    MP's should be FEARED.

Hey Psi,

Yup I share the worries about rolling a lot into a question but also see the benefits at the back end if they get answered even half well. The questions were agreed in the Question Collection thread though and we're just prioritising for now.

Let's see what we get back from the questions we choose as top 5 and then we acn maybe alter our approach based on that for next week.

As to prioritisation it's certinaly sounding like the general mood would be for leaving out question 3 this week as we don't think we're likely to get answers on it.

So we'd have:

1) Pet warp

2) Content Extension/Fixing

3) Pet Targetting key

4) Pet Conceal

which should be the last question to be put forward this week?

X

I would like #5 to be the Higher QL nano rechargers availiable in Shops.

Hmm.. can nano chargers be made? If not, how about a tradeskill based on CL and NP? We MP's would rock at that, and so would our brother NT's (which means no whinging about it!) I would love to make my own QL200 chargers. I think this is better than making them available in shops.

As to the MP armour, I think there are 3 options:
    1) each breed has its own MP armour, with same relevant requirements, same effective AC's and bonuses.
    2) Put level caps on the armour, with low requirements.
    3) Extension of 2), make it upgradeable like the agents' mask, and place the requirements TS/MC.

I like the idea of option 3, maybe with some quests thrown in at each cap to upgrade it. Realistically I think oprion 1 is the choice.

Sorry for going off topic
    Gimme sammich!!1

Reborn Sammich

Ntrox,

yup you can make high QL nano chargers - but for somne perverse reason the tradeskill made ones make you blind for a short time after use...

Don't ask me why - I've never understood it.

X

Ok everyone,

From reading through stuff all around the boards, I'm thinking the following questions would probably be best:

1) Pet warp

2) Content Extension/Fixing

3) Pet Targetting key

4) Pet Conceal

5) Playfield-wide /pet terminate by name

If anybody has any serious objections to these 5 questions going forward - speak in the next few hours - because I'll be closing the thread at 22:00 GMT.

X

/me claps

that works for me.
    GalxandJoan "Toxinator" Rox :: 202 Doc
    He "Tearspoint" Totem :: 215 Nano Tech :: Equipment :: Perks
    General :: Band of Brothers :: Band of Brothers Forums

Account Created
    2001-08-23 04:59:27

Account Status:
    Open

Closing the thread now. Five questions were submitted as described above.

X