Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Breeds

Breeds

Ok, I've seen talk of Doc's as Solitus or Nanomage. Atrox for me is out, although I've seen a few. Question is, why not opi? I thought the structure went like this from most to least:

Nano: nanomage, opi, sol, atrox
    HP: atrox, sol, opi, nanomage

I just started a doc, and made him opi, and am going the MA route. If what I said above is not correct, could someone please correct me. And maybe a little feedback on going MA for offense. I will be leveling this doc to only 90ish to be used in a team specifically designed for tower PvP within my guild. I could use any help you could provide. Thanks doc's!
    Jellobiafra General of First Order
    First Order-Cleaning clanners since 29210
    Visit our website to join!!

opis have over all better breed abilities but they have less hp and nano than soli at the gain of a few extra trickle down points i dont think it really matters at all though which breed you pick anything works good for a doc
    BettyRoss (A) dont ever turn yer back on a shady motha backstab4lyfe
    Gwend (A) The original complete healing engineer
    wtts :: prof ring quests

the "i dont need punctuation" army

Gwend about sums it up. Opis will have slightly better trickle down in speed skills - which is nice because it's a pretty weak area for doctors as a profession. The cost will be some hp and nano, and lower trickle-down in some weapons areas.

But as a doctor you can do good as any breed. I'm waiting to see the first atrox doctor using a kick pistol
    Taren "Jynne" Suitt, Level 216/16 Eternalist
    Knight of Unity of the Rose - Check out our AO Tools!
    The Doctor Guide to: Notum Wars Martial Arts Perks! Nano Controller Units
    The General Guide to: Auto-Combat General Perks

Visit the Roses and check out the shops in our City, NE of ICC at 4500x1500 in Andromeda!

Iron Law of Exploits: If it can be exploited, it will be exploited. However a rule is exploitable, the exploits become the rule.

opie gets less hp and nanopool than solie.

at level 90 the trickle down benefits aren't great.

ma is not so good in pvp because you need to run up to the somebody to attack them. if you want to attack then you need to move up in the lines but if you need to stay near the people you want to heal. with ma you generally need to choose one or the other. if you decide to go attack, you make yourself a big target because you tab first and you are a doc, and people are more than willing to help docs find the reclaim terminal.

Taking that into consideration, should I attempt to generate any damage dealing at all? If I'm only going to level till 90ish, is there a best way to go? Thanks.

/me re-rolls doc
    Jellobiafra General of First Order
    First Order-Cleaning clanners since 29210
    Visit our website to join!!

Hmm that depends. There won't be an appreciable difference between a solitus and an opifex doctor at level 90, unless you max agi and sense as an opi and wear agi/sense based armor, instead of the more standard int/psy or psy/sta doctor setups.

My advice, if you're definitely aiming to be a pvp-twink, is to skimp IP in SI and MC (in fact, just be able to cast expertises and don't raise MC at all), but raise PM and TS. Make sure your evades are good and that you have high first aid (and of course the best possible implants). Oh, and get enough nano init to insta-cast with your slider on under 50% agg/def. Use a Recompiler

If you still have IP after getting your PM and TS up, look into a weapon. I'm not sure what to suggest... you almost certainly won't have a lot of IP to put towards an initiative skill or specials, and crit-or-die just won't serve well anymore...

I would look for a ranged weapon that's fairly fast naturally, and is one-skill with one or no specials. For some reason the Flamethrower sticks in my head. Maybe an OT Kerans or Sol Chironis SMG, if you have more IP than I think you will.

I'd really recommend tinkering with the skill emulator before spending much IP.

But again, at level 90, you won't see a ton of difference.
    Taren "Jynne" Suitt, Level 216/16 Eternalist
    Knight of Unity of the Rose - Check out our AO Tools!
    The Doctor Guide to: Notum Wars Martial Arts Perks! Nano Controller Units
    The General Guide to: Auto-Combat General Perks

Visit the Roses and check out the shops in our City, NE of ICC at 4500x1500 in Andromeda!

Iron Law of Exploits: If it can be exploited, it will be exploited. However a rule is exploitable, the exploits become the rule.

Only reason why Opifex docs would be better is better PsyMod and TimeSpace abilites and their evades would be slightly better. However, it is not a huge difference. Evades can't save you from my dots and init debuffs or an NT's nuke.
    Olivia "Haminie" Nguyen - Current Setup - 220 Doctor
    "Intrauterine" Device - Current Setup - 220 Shade

Haminie - Slightly less than twice as uber as Chanelle

To [Destromane]: I'm not a horrible player ;p
    [Destromane]: just a horrible person

If you seek a twink then opi doc is best, only because of the green agil and implants being based on agil mostly. Unless you can afford a lot and go nanomage with a vest and shades.

Vhir / 215 Doctor
    Nynke / 205 Agent
    Letah / 200 Doctor
    Firerose / 200 Soldier

Yeah I'm back, no need to ask your ebay-check questions

lol I wouldnt count out trox docs.... Kickpistols hit hard

Eunucha 198 doc

Lol old thread-reply 0_o

Vhir / 215 Doctor
    Nynke / 205 Agent
    Letah / 200 Doctor
    Firerose / 200 Soldier

This thread may be a couple weeks old but I am going to have to drudge it up (thx Eunucha for bumping it) and defend the Opifex Doc as I am one.

Opifex doc is quite nice. If you max str/agi/int and raise sta/sen/psy to decent lvl (or max some depending on ip avail) you can put on great armor. With the advantage in agil opi get it makes for putting on str/agi armor higher then others very easy you can implant agil and get feline and then for the str all you need is IC and an essence.

Since you are talking about doing towers I would suggest doing rifle, even though it is only 3 per lvl for us it is also 60% agil and 40% sense so its natural opi skill. Also this will let you keep in the backlines, use whatever good rifle you can get with the best range and stay back as far as you can while still providing heal and firepower.

Since you won't be going up higher then 90 you won't be affected by breed caps, opifex does have a somewhat low psychic cap, i think only besting atrox. But my 174 opi doesnt have any issues with nano pool and I havn't even bothered getting GPH, just have my -15% cpu upgrade in.

As jynne mentioned, scrub MC and SI. SI is mainly useful for outside combat, only good combat buffs are nano init and nano resist, but a recompiler should be decent nano init for you and hopefully in the backlines you wont see too many nanos being cast on you. And DOTs just arent that useful.

Also the PM use depends on what style you want to play. I would suggest for towers focus on healing as your main since your guys will be taking some good damage prob and then use your weapon from the background to assist where you can. Using init debuffs can be nice and really piss the enemy off but thats more nano you are using and unless you put in a Nano Range Inc tool also you will have to move up some to debuff them.

Anyway, opi docs are nice. At 174 I could raise my rifle almost as high as my other weapon skills even though its 3 vs 4 per lvl just from all the agi and sense i have (around 650 agi right now i believe). And for melee, which is what I use, 1HE is my highest useful weapon class. Piercing goes a bit higher but there isnt really anything to use. Even when using byom blade/ryder exec with the lowered AR by heavy weapons I still had around 850.

Btw Eunucha, yes kicks do look nice, my new trox doc might be using those later. I still can't decide if I want to leave the melee route though.
    RK2 Clan
    ManiacMD 210 Trox Doctor
    ManiacZX 174 Opi Doctor
    Yberninja 56 Sol Martial Artist
    Saroka 54 Sol Adventurer

Exclamation Atrox as doc!

FC has ruined the doc class with NW & latest patches. We r definately the VERY first to hit reclaim in NW (mass pvp), so what u need is HP, tons of HP, so the logic choice will be Atrox. If u r the dude that really have some sick pleasure of always save others butt (team xp race) go for nanomage. But i cant see ANY point in xp race...

Careful in saying the profession is ruined, as that just isn't so.

A couple changes were made that make us less effective as healers to people outside our pvp range during tower battles. Sucks, but I wouldn't say our class is ruined as a result.

Yep, we've been hit by multiple nerfs, but not ruined. It is getting to more and more of a niche professions, though. I'm convinced that our damage output is in the process of being nerfed to the "why bother" state. That's just my belief, though.

But to the purpose of the thread, it appears that breed is no longer relevant. They're all so close for docs that picking a breed is more a matter of style now than anything else.

What's far more important than choice of breed, is choice of guild. You want a large, powerful guild that will accept you at low level and stresse the things you need for organizational advantages. That will do more for you than any of the breed options. Best to shop around for a guild early on.
    Heals - they're not just for tradeskills anymore
    Hypos omni doc RK2 <-- stupid enough to have thought that going past level 150 would help her be a better doc
    Phlair omni mp RK2 solo char
    Nerfbat omni enf RK2 awarded the hammer of braveness
    Shadow Ops

"I'm convinced that our damage output is in the process of being nerfed to the "why bother" state.
    All i have to say is "?". Where did that come from? My dmg out put in fine, infact its great
    :: Disco "Strayduck" Duck - Equipment - History ::

Re: Atrox as doc!

Originally posted by Drxtc
    FC has ruined the doc class with NW & latest patches. We r definately the VERY first to hit reclaim in NW (mass pvp), so what u need is HP, tons of HP, so the logic choice will be Atrox. If u r the dude that really have some sick pleasure of always save others butt (team xp race) go for nanomage. But i cant see ANY point in xp race...
    Hehe take a look at MA and Engie boards for example, no, we are still doing just fine We have some issues yes, and those are adressed. What I do like is that the hostility here is much lower (pff /me just read a lot engie threads and is glad with the doc community here)

Vhir / 215 Doctor
    Nynke / 205 Agent
    Letah / 200 Doctor
    Firerose / 200 Soldier

posted by Strayduck

All i have to say is "?". Where did that come from? My dmg out put in fine, infact its great
    Grats. Must be nice. Personally, my damage output is poor.

Where does that opinion come from? First, from the crit nerfs that have made the traditional doc choices for weapons less effective. Second, from the response of FunCom to our damage output concerns - that we don't need help in that area. Third, from the changes to nano resist that mean we need to go full defense to get the best chance of resisting. Fourth, by the change in FunCom's stance on soloing. For a long time, FunCom maintained that all profs should be able to solo at all levels. Not too long ago, they changed to say that soloing was never intended to be the way the game was played so they'd make no effort to make sure everyone can solo. Fifth, from the attitude of some docs and many non-docs that docs should not use weapons or nukes to inflict damage at all. Last, and perhaps most importantly, from the justifiable desire of profs like MAs, Enfs and Soldiers to do greater damage than profs like docs. As these profs get boosted, other game factors like mobs get adjusted correspondingly reducing the effectiveness of damage output from docs.

Again, only my opinion. You're entitled to your own. But to me it seems like the ground work is all there and we're headed toward a "why bother to even try to do damage" environment.
    Hypos omni doc RK2 <-- stupid enough to have thought that going past level 150 would help her be a better doc
    Shadow Ops

But as a doctor you can do good as any breed. I'm waiting to see the first atrox doctor using a kick pistol
    Come help me kill Diamondine Soldier, Jynne, and I'll do it!
    Velveeta - The best atrox doctor on Rubi-Ka 1!
    Aiboforcen - A change of pace..
    Shikhi - The return!

Digital Gunfire - Music to level by.

Got a kick pistol and I love my damage output But I couldnt of had it without Hypos help

Eunucha 200 atrox doc

lol. I was there, but certainly don't deserve that much credit.

Grats on 200, btw
    Shadow Ops

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast