Thread: MP Wishlist: Chat Server Changes

MP Wishlist: Chat Server Changes

Hi All,

I'm adding the following ideas regarding chat server changes to the wishlist based on recent threads and questions in the Profs Question process. Feel free to add/update these ideas if you wish.

X

Pet Related Chat Server Changes
    ========================

There are several changes that MPs would very much like to see regarding the chat server:
    • 1) Pet damage should be included in the "Me hit other" section of the chat display.

Often seeing the damage that is being done by our attack pet is the only way to be sure of what is actually going on with our pet. Unfortunately, in order to see this we have to switch on "Other hit Other" in the chat server settings and as a result have massive damage spam that makes it hard to see what is going on anyway.

2) Message to owner when hostile nano is landed on a pet:

With the introduction of root/snare breaking nanos for our pets, the MP finally has a chance to make their pets more effective in mass PvP. Unfortunately, since we simply don't know when our pets have been rooted or snared, we rarely know when to use this nano. In addition, when pets are "scared" or charmed we often have no idea that this has happened. Some messaging to inform us that a hostile nano has been landed on a pet would help enormously.

3) Message to owner when heal pet heals its target

In the same way that we see messaging when we are healed by our own heal pet, it would be useful to get a message when our heal pet heals another player.
    Xtremtech: MetaPhysicist currently resident on Test. (209 + 21 AI Levels).

Various other test MPs of differing levels and builds available.

Well I actually don't care much about a chat change although it could be nice to have.

I'll trade any chat for a pet GUI displaying a health bar, a nano bar and an aggro symbol, plus possily icons indicating buffs/debuffs that could be on them.
    Malusz, Fist of Chronos.
    Raised by the Guild of Meta-Physics.

IMO...

Flood me with information, and let me pick and choose the ones that I wish to see.
    Demonsguile 204 MP HYDRA General
    Korrupshun 147 Trader (The MP anti-thesis)
    Renown 104 Enf (King of the Ring, before OE patch)
    Bloke 76 Keeper
    -He who angers you, conquers you.
    -Those who complain the most, do the least.
    -Goals are not made to be attained or achieved. They are made to be surpassed.
    Originally posted by Sallust
    They can't show us new pets because they have better things to do then camp for the items

1) Pet damage should be included in the "Me hit other" section of the chat display.
    Just wanted to bump this (I know it's already sticky). But in the Temple, we get hit not just with our team's damage messages; but with the messages of teams in nearby rooms and on other floors. I've given up on trying to watch how my pet is doing because it takes so much effort that I become oblivious to everything else. I'm sure it's even worse in the mass PvP areas.
    Heals - they're not just for tradeskills anymore
    Hypos omni doc RK2 <-- stupid enough to have thought that going past level 150 would help her be a better doc
    Phlair omni mp RK2 solo char
    Nerfbat omni enf RK2 awarded the hammer of braveness
    Shadow Ops

I am all for this change. But priority would be the pet GUI first.

Also while we are at it why is that nukes damage not labeled
    Joseph "Votary" Zodiac - RK1 Clan Atrox MP
    I can summon pies (now mochams infused!)

"Holy Mocham!" - Votary

I like'em all

So badabump!

I think a GUI would be so cool, so you could actually know whatsup whith da tentacled balloons.

And the chat thing must be a bug, right? So we shouldn't even have to wait for this fix, swadi thinks anyways

/me feels very optimistic atm

/me hopes not many moons will pass until they fix this bug with the "chat-server" thingy.........*sigh* ohh well we'll see.......
    I want to be a campaign!!
    Tarilliux MP fun,fun,fun (should have been a crat with a name like this )
    Hexar ::::Nanotech::::
    Imothar Engie (For once on the recieving end of MP buffs)

And a few other lowbies can't for the life of me remember their names

1) Pet damage should be included in the "Me hit other" section of the chat display.
    - should make it like
    I.e: Your pet hit Real Mean Rascal for 1034 points of melee damage. with same color as You hit blabla color. and of course it shoudl be included in teh "Me hit other"
    Last edited by korzac02; Jun 22nd, 2003 at 03:42:07.
    ---
    Korzac02

Re: MP Wishlist: Chat Server Changes

I would not like that I think as I don't always care to know what my pets are doing but I still want to know what I am hitting for. My counter suggestion would be to add a chat option (if possible) IE pet damage chanel. I agree enabling "other hit other" is onerous outside of solo mission play.

The mention made for pet GUI panel is also something I have thought would be nice but let me put it where I want

Best part if this ever happens is that FC makes happy three profs at once. I suspect however that there are problems with this and how pets are bonded to thier masters. Hope I am wrong on that.

OK! I'll try and do one somewhat contructive post before I head home from work.

I don't think it should pose a to big change, as they already added some type of conection when you issue orders to your pet.

The attacked is told in chat whose pet he/she is getting attacked by, right?

So why would this be difficult? Well I don't know the answers to that, but one would think a hotkey for pets should be fairly easy to, not to mention the reload button, so maybe it's more complex than making a booster, and a expansion, without implementing this. What do I know?
    I want to be a campaign!!
    Tarilliux MP fun,fun,fun (should have been a crat with a name like this )
    Hexar ::::Nanotech::::
    Imothar Engie (For once on the recieving end of MP buffs)

And a few other lowbies can't for the life of me remember their names