Thread: Yes, another x3 thread....

Yes, another x3 thread....

Ok , its been done, but the x3 needs to be tuned up....

OK, im a lvl 107 docta, soli babe,

and i am having the best of times raising my doctor,

I am curious, i need to know about this whole x3 thing, i dont even use aimed shot, i dont have a high enough concealment...is it worth just reseting my ip and goin with a shottie or something else?

I know the x3 is a great weap, and it does some seroius dmg later on, but im just not sure, a shottie sounds much more practicle in my mind.

tell me what you think, all responses are greatly appreciated =P

Not to mention, i like the image and the look of the shotties anyhow =)

Have you already spent IP in rifle, aimed shot, and ranged initiative to use the X-3 with?

If you have, I would say keep it. There's no need to spend any IPR, or to put IP in another weapon skill at this stage in your career. In fact, prior to level 140-150, you don't really need to worry about your damage output at all; groups will love you for your heals.

Rifles will serve you quite well when you do need to start dealing damage, and you'll have more IP at that point to max out your rifle skill.

Aimed shot is a great special, especially for PvP. The higher your AS skill, the more damage you will do with it, and the faster it will recycle. You don't need to put any IP at all into conceal in order to use aimed shot in PvP, and in PvM you can get off aimed shots if you target the mob and AS it very fast, before the mob becomes aware of you, even if you aren't sneaking.

It takes a little practice, but the technique is to run into the room in a mission and tab the mob and hit the AS key very fast.
    Taren "Jynne" Suitt, Level 216/16 Eternalist
    Knight of Unity of the Rose - Check out our AO Tools!
    The Doctor Guide to: Notum Wars Martial Arts Perks! Nano Controller Units
    The General Guide to: Auto-Combat General Perks

Visit the Roses and check out the shops in our City, NE of ICC at 4500x1500 in Andromeda!

Iron Law of Exploits: If it can be exploited, it will be exploited. However a rule is exploitable, the exploits become the rule.

Hmm. If I was gonna be a rifle doc, and knew that from the get go....

Here is the title level 4 doc rifle of choice.....

http://auno.org/ao/db.php?cmd=view&id=124227

20 to BM/MC.

They make a weird noise when you fire them and puts out a blob of red smoke.

Meta anon you'd be lots happier with that than the X3 I bet.
    LVL 220 Vanguard Out to pasture
    LVL 220 Eternalist researching
    LVL 220 Dictator Retired
    LVL 220 Field Marshal Resetting/twinking

LVL 220 Savior (researching)

Firetree Server, Horde of course

Im an X3 Doc. I love it. I will never IPR this weapon. You can triple implant it without gimping ANY nano skills. the AS in PvM and PvP are great. ( i have not a single IP spent in concela btw, and I can AS 10k hits in PvM )

X3 is better than shottie I think personally. X3 = the best of the rifles.

I use a Caterwal for PvP ( 30 second AS recycle )

Both those guns own. You do need to have a high ranged init to use them very well though.

IMO

X3 > Shottie

by far specially since crit nerf.
    Nitsobar - lvl 219/13 Doc - Equipment - Perks - History
    MrBruce - lvl 204/6 MA - Equipment - Perks - History
    MsHackalot - lvl 123/9 Twink Fixer - Equipment - Perks - History

Veterans of Synergy Factor

Click to email me

I currently have a 105 Soli doc with a ql174 X3 on. Just barely OE'd which will solve itself in about 5 lvls so no biggie. I have 550ish Ranged Init with the TIM scope so it's actually not that bad. Doesn't conflict with nano skills and can be triple implanted which is a huge plus. I have a range increaser also, so it can hit from pretty far in PVP. Unless something better comes along the X3 is the way to go for the highest Attack Rating.

I also do not have many points in conceal, you just have to be faster than the server.
    Rotamus, 196 NT
    Littlebitt, 200 Doc
    Ranxacka, 153 Trader

Proud general of Immortal Ascension

America's Finest News Source

Hollywood Stock Exchange

Shotgun is a +4 skill but only shining implantable = 800 atk @ 200
    Rifle is a +3 skill but triple implantable = 800 atk @ 300

Yes, after critnerf Rifle is the way to go! Caterwaul for pvp for its AS. X3 for PvM. Caterwaul actually is faster then those 30s if you maxed AS; Itahaca shotgun is at 27secs at 1100 AS (I use that), its AS recharge is slower then caterwaul. I'd guess caterwaul would be at aroun 20s or even 17s with the same AS value.

Vhir / 215 Doctor
    Nynke / 205 Agent
    Letah / 200 Doctor
    Firerose / 200 Soldier

Yeah I'm back, no need to ask your ebay-check questions

Shotgun is triple implantable :P

With the 1K token board my AR is 950ish now. Using the hand cluster for shotgun means I can't cast wrack and ruin/sng but I'm only 14 points off which means that if I had a MC tower I'd be there.

Using the bright hand for weapons also means you can't swap the head implants (PM/MC/NR).

Nice thing about Doc is you can always pop another set of implants in to play around with.

I like how the Ithica does more damage with the higher AR, and less misses, with my implant setup, I use lower range temp HP and HOTs and therefore have to do more CHs.
    I'm not saying everyone should do it like this but its another way of doing things.
    LVL 220 Dictator Retired

Its possible but you are sacrificing a lot nanoskills needed though. IMO its no option but its possible

Vhir / 215 Doctor
    Nynke / 205 Agent
    Letah / 200 Doctor
    Firerose / 200 Soldier

A caterwaul will recycle AS in 14 seconds with 1000 AS skill (reachable with maxed AS, a VE, faded right hand implant, and TTS during title 5).

The AS recycle time forumula is (40 * weapon recharge) - ((AS skill * 3) / 100).

IMO the caterwaul is the absolute best mass PVP gun around at this time. It's got that super fast aimedshot, a 20 shot magazine, and a 35 meter range without a predictor. The regular shot damage isn't great, but it's not laughable, and the crit modifier on a weapon doesn't really matter in PvP anymore for non-agents/non-MAs.

It's perfect for sitting on low agg/def and ASing opponents who can't even reach you because they're using a melee weapon or a manex and are being CC'd.
    Taren "Jynne" Suitt, Level 216/16 Eternalist
    Knight of Unity of the Rose - Check out our AO Tools!
    The Doctor Guide to: Notum Wars Martial Arts Perks! Nano Controller Units
    The General Guide to: Auto-Combat General Perks

Visit the Roses and check out the shops in our City, NE of ICC at 4500x1500 in Andromeda!

Iron Law of Exploits: If it can be exploited, it will be exploited. However a rule is exploitable, the exploits become the rule.

Originally posted by Letah
    Its possible but you are sacrificing a lot nanoskills needed though. IMO its no option but its possible
    Absolutely. You do give up something to get more damage.

I guess I'm weird about this but I really only like to use weapons I can self equip, and I am used to playing my adventurer who always has a really high attack rating and who self equips everything.

If we could self equip the Cats it would be another story altogether, just change from Cat for PVP to X3 for PVM and you are done, I do that with my adv with good results.

Ranged wise though, only weapons docs can self equip are pistols and shotguns, and then only if they are triple implanted.
    LVL 220 Dictator Retired

I self-eqp my Krutt shotgun with only shining But thats cause its max QL184. My Ithaca needs happy imp switching.

Going triple shotgun on an ithaca has 0 use, because its not a dmg gun but a crit gun

Rifle already can be used triple imped.

Vhir / 215 Doctor
    Nynke / 205 Agent
    Letah / 200 Doctor
    Firerose / 200 Soldier

Originally posted by Letah
    I self-eqp my Krutt shotgun with only shining But thats cause its max QL184. My Ithaca needs happy imp switching.

Going triple shotgun on an ithaca has 0 use, because its not a dmg gun but a crit gun

Rifle already can be used triple imped.
    Ithica does do damage with better skill, not lots but some :P

On green/orange mobs Ithica hits for up to 500 normal damage, not uber but not negligable either. For the Real Means and Aces you just get crit damage. Miss rate is lower also with higher AR, and when I finally get a chance to max RI I can switch to a Home Defender for tower bashing/unique killing.

What I'd really like to put on my Doc is a pop-I'd triple implant pistol, go back to BM cluster in waist and chest, and implant MC in head. Only skill I'd short then is PM but I would still be able to cast rapid palsy, which is "good enough" I suppose.

I'm a little skittish about the Cat/AS thing....guess I'm scared of a nerf, although as I level I'll have enough IP to raise rifle if that is what is required.
    LVL 220 Dictator Retired

ty

This thread has been more than helpfull, thank you for all of the help, and i will now keep my riffle =)

I hope to see you all ingame =)

I don't get why people keep saying that rifle is so much better because you can triple implant it. Rifle maxes out at 539, ql 200 triple implant gives you 207 and the total comes out to 746. While shotgun maxes at 659, shining implanted gives you 105 and the total comes out to 764. So they pretty much have the same skill. Not unless you have towers then you might be able to drop those clusters, and give you a much higher atk rating on shotgun.

Shotgun and rifles have different advantages and they are pretty equal to me. Its just shotguns are more friendly to people who don't like going around asking for buffs.

Cause you can get better buffs for rifle over shotgun. As well as the TIM scope that adds rifle.

my AR with just UA and Exp going, is 1120.
    Nitsobar - lvl 219/13 Doc - Equipment - Perks - History
    MrBruce - lvl 204/6 MA - Equipment - Perks - History
    MsHackalot - lvl 123/9 Twink Fixer - Equipment - Perks - History

Veterans of Synergy Factor

Click to email me

Originally posted by Vyness
    I don't get why people keep saying that rifle is so much better because you can triple implant it. Rifle maxes out at 539, ql 200 triple implant gives you 207 and the total comes out to 746. While shotgun maxes at 659, shining implanted gives you 105 and the total comes out to 764. So they pretty much have the same skill. Not unless you have towers then you might be able to drop those clusters, and give you a much higher atk rating on shotgun.

Shotgun and rifles have different advantages and they are pretty equal to me. Its just shotguns are more friendly to people who don't like going around asking for buffs.
    Because the rifles are better weapons then the shotguns, AS is the way to go in PvP.

Vhir / 215 Doctor
    Nynke / 205 Agent
    Letah / 200 Doctor
    Firerose / 200 Soldier

Post weapon route

1 - 130sh - MA (can solo, can do damage, cheap IP wise at that lvl range - good choice)
    130sh - 150sh - X3(changed to it damage wise(when manex not introduced in game), with TIM work fine)
    150sh - 178 -> Manex (OMG, ITS not a gun - its damn mini handy cannon in my hands best for PvM IMHO. for PvP downside is low range, hard to use it and stay far in TNW fights, with yatamuchy mov predictor + TIM scope - does ok in arena tho

Sharlatan 178 solitus doc RK3
    Vich 174 solitus soldier RK1