Thread: MA Doc special attacks

MA Doc special attacks

Can someone go over/list whats available for docs using these MA atacks and what they do , which are best etc

ie: attack or snake, bird of prey, blessed with thunder , shen etc etc etc
    Umm.. yes, i chose a crat.. i know.. WHY oh WHY?

Rocco Romble Eberling

Playing my alt Lakespeed like many other crats

Account Created 2001-06-28 3:08:07

Attack of the Snake is nice if you aren't increasing any secondary MA skills (specifically parry and dimach). It runs off pure MA skill, and it recent was boosted so that it did more than 1 damage per hit. It also recharges fairly fast, you can occasionally get off two on the same mob in a fast team. This is a great low-level attack, and/or a great attack for the IP conscious. If you're using MA at all, you get this attack for no addition IP expense.

Bird of Prey requires that you raise a secondary skill or two, though the secondary requirement is low. I think it's Dimach but I can't seem to remember off-hand; it might be Brawl. Either way, it's also been boosted recently, and recharges quickly enough to be used at least once per fight in a fast team. If it uses brawl as the secondary, consider it an IP freebie, since you'd want to raise brawl anyway. Probably the best attack to be using in a fast team.

Blessed With Thunder requires the absolutely useless IP-hole named Parry. However, in terms of damage, especially damage over time, this is the best MA attack out there. After an initial damage, it also DoTs the target for 6 pulses, 10 seconds apart. It will stack with your nano DoTs, as well, and furthermore gives you a Melee damage shield. This is a great attack for soloing or for slow teams, and for bosses when you can land it.

Shen is now useless. Just don't bother.

Flower of Life is often overlooked, especially by us because of our heals. But it can be a great panic self-heal, especially in PvP, and it has an awesome animation. The downside is that it requires high Parry skill, which as I've said is a black hole of IPs.

New MA attacks are being added with MA-only tags. So things like Upon A Summer Wave and the upcoming 14.7.8 Tree of Enlightenment attacks we might as well forget about too.
    Taren "Jynne" Suitt, Level 216/16 Eternalist
    Knight of Unity of the Rose - Check out our AO Tools!
    The Doctor Guide to: Notum Wars Martial Arts Perks! Nano Controller Units
    The General Guide to: Auto-Combat General Perks

Visit the Roses and check out the shops in our City, NE of ICC at 4500x1500 in Andromeda!

Iron Law of Exploits: If it can be exploited, it will be exploited. However a rule is exploitable, the exploits become the rule.

Jynne is quite correct in all regards

I'd recommend Bird of Prey (reqs MA and Brawl, which you whould max if you are going the MA route) for low/med lvls and for teaming. Fast, pretty solid damage and it has a chance to stun the target. If you have IP to spare, put them in parry. You wont parry anything at all, but Blessed with Thunder is the best damage over time and Flower of Life is a free powerful selfheal for those utter emergensies. Also, note that Flower of Life has a DMS debuff attached to it, so if you're facing a big lotsa HP team mission boss, try using a FoL and you will see quite a few crits/hits for 10 seconds or so. Excellent if you want to lose aggro, everybody will hit/crit on the mob and you just stand there and heal

Edit: Oh, and the new MA only specials kinda suck. Both in what they do and that they are MA only. I'd really prefer to see MA being a possible path for other professions then MA's.
    Last edited by DaveDread; Jan 13th, 2003 at 23:50:51.
    /DaveDread (D.A.V.E.D.R.E.A.D.: Digital Artificial Violence and Exploration Device/Replicant Engineered for Assassination and Destruction mohahaha)

200 Opifex Clanner Gimp - Dinged in Style! (dimached a Virulent Minibull) Finally got my head straight, nothing like a goat helmet to get you in shape again. Oh, and those marks on my forehead (yah, still visible through the helmet, duh)... It was a Motorcycle baby. Really. Ran me over in West Athens while I was working on my tan. Think I look bad? You should see the biker.

Blessed with thunder

Blessed with Thunder is really really good. It almost makes it worth it to raise Parry. Almost

Bird of Prey is not bad, but BWT does about 6 times the damage.

Basically it does more damage than a Bird of Prey at same level and then it pulses the damage 5 mores times of so.

So using BWT at a level pretty far below yours is still decent.

It's mission only. I found a level 216 BWT in a team mission. It does about 600 damage.
    Healios clan Doctor
    Megawattz clan Enforcer
    Gaspard clan Adventurer

thks

thanks for the answers, 2 more questions,

1.why are they no drop?

It would be nice to be able to buy them over the shopping channel as finding them in QL you need are difficult or rare at times.

2. BwT, FoL do these lock the parry skill on use?

If not can they be used in conjunction on 1 fight? I actually have a low lvl parry deflective shield so was thinking maybe some ip to parry if all 3 of these things could work in conjunction it may no be such a bad ip[ sink. Also, perhaps FC may fix parry down the road?
    Last edited by Romble; Jan 14th, 2003 at 02:08:06.

Rocco Romble Eberling

You can only use one MA attack at a time.

You must wait for it to recycle to cast another attack (of whatever type)

I typically get off 2 BWT in a fight. The last one is a finisher, ussually, just one pulse.

They don't lock any skills, like Parry or Brawl. You can still Brawl, or Dimach. Parry is broken anyway.

If you don't care about PVP then going with BWT makes you a PVM killing machine. Of course you can always re-ip to ranged later in your career.

Some MA user's in my guild swap a weapon (bow) out with their MA to get the extra specials and do more damage. (assuming they can close)

You could possibly do more damage if you used BwT then finished with BoP, but I haven't bothered to check it.

Ussually if the mob isn't almost dead by the end of the first BWT you are running for an exit.
    Last edited by Healios; Jan 14th, 2003 at 02:27:43.
    Healios clan Doctor
    Megawattz clan Enforcer
    Gaspard clan Adventurer

Continuing this topic.

Could one of the parry stick (or ex parry stick) MA docs tell me what the rules are for succesfully duel wielding with fists and is there any way to tell if it worked.

Originally posted by diatribe
    Continuing this topic.

Could one of the parry stick (or ex parry stick) MA docs tell me what the rules are for succesfully duel wielding with fists and is there any way to tell if it worked.
    Well, in order to do more damage with the parry stick than without it, you need at least 600 phys init and to fight on full aggro. 900 is ideal... still on full aggro... if you're using a parry stick. Get First Strike buffs from MAs

MA weapons have a hidden requirement for dual wielding with fists. It can be found in Jayde's database I think; all I know for certain is that with 800ish MA skill you can successfully dual wield any parry stick with your fists. If you keep your MA maxed and implanted, by the time you have the IP to put in to phys init and 1h blunt, you'll have enough MA skill for it.

You can tell it works because you'll kick and punch in addition to swinging and thrusting the weapon.

Visit the Roses and check out the shops in our City, NE of ICC at 4500x1500 in Andromeda!

Iron Law of Exploits: If it can be exploited, it will be exploited. However a rule is exploitable, the exploits become the rule.

I also saw 2 more not mentioned here..

Angel of Night?

Bright Blue Cloudless sky?

They use Riposte skill but what is their purpose anyways?

Rocco Romble Eberling

Neither is worth the IP investment in Riposte for a doctor. Both were broken when I was using MA; they have been fixed but they still aren't very good.

Angel of Night is a ranged attack I think, possibly an area attack.

BBCS is a 10-second init debuff, but we have init debuff nanos that last much longer (2-3 minutes) and are stronger debuffs.

I know this thread is old, but here's a good summary page for the MA attacks.
    Tip of the day: Don't spend IP unless you know what good it is for. - Afelia
    Clever phrasing does not equal logic.
    Shadrock - advy
    Daedrick - MA
    Meritt- doc
    Doulos - engy

This thread is beyond old, it is a feat of pure necromancy to raise this one from the dead

Omg I'm actually being helpful and nice in this thread... wow how times change

Dont forget that Flower of Life isnt just a Heal but its a -450 add all Deff on its target .... Really helps to get off those AMS perk lines if needed.

Eunucha
    Inner Circle
    Since 2001

omg necromancy !!!
    Edis - Level 220 AI29 - Atrox, Keeper.
    Azazel0 - Level 220 AI17 - Solitus, Adventurer.
    Deadbaby - Level 216 AI20 - Opifex, Agent

This thread is the reason doctors need a turn undead spell. =/
    Deaus, 220/20 Doctor. Sentinels
    Deaus was born on Wed Jul 11 17:56:19 2001

Necromancy is bad. Closing this down.
    Advisor Ronedell
    Community Relations, Forum Moderation
    Advisors of Rubi-Ka

..:: Social Guidelines ::..
    ..:: ARK Public Site ::..