Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: atrox doc seeking advice

atrox doc seeking advice

So far Ive had a great time with my atrox doc, Right now hes lvl 24 and doing pretty good... so far I have been using 2hb. But my question is.. is it worth all the IP for 2hb? I was thinking about going rifle but right now I only have 3 RP's and it would take 4 to respec to rifle. also I heard someone talking about a Full Respec? what is that supposed to mean?

thanks..

mmmmm advice to you, re-roll nanomage or solitus...

as far as Full Respec* as you mention, that's a full IP reset. which from what I heard, will not happen again for a VERY long time.
    Olivia "Haminie" Nguyen - Current Setup - 220 Doctor
    "Intrauterine" Device - Current Setup - 220 Shade

Haminie - Slightly less than twice as uber as Chanelle

To [Destromane]: I'm not a horrible player ;p
    [Destromane]: just a horrible person

Yep, the best advice you can get is to reroll now, before you get too attached to that character. Being an Atrox doctor is a pure style choice. Does it work? Yes, it works fine, but you get absolutely no advantages over nano and solitus doctors and a couple of serious drawbacks.
    Konstas
    Screw SK. I was a divine presence at 200.

Bah, you get a major advantage, been wearing Kick Pistol since lvl117 and luvin every minute of it.

Golg, if you wanna stick with trox doc, do it. It took me a few extra lvls to cast heals then my solly friends, whoopdiedo, I double them in dmg. I am up there in dmg with trader/soldier/fixer/enf they obviously do more dmg, but I am a lot closer then the other docs I have grouped with including a good lvl192 friend.

2HB works very well to begin with Golg, I wore a beam up to 117 when I was able to IPR and put on my Diomondine Kick Pistol.

2HB works well because you are able to 3x Implant it without effecting any nano skill implants and you can max out the OE on it because you can get along with a wrangle Brutal Thug for another 90ish 2HB.
    RK2 Clan
    ManiacMD 210 Trox Doctor
    ManiacZX 174 Opi Doctor
    Yberninja 56 Sol Martial Artist
    Saroka 54 Sol Adventurer

Gimped on nano pool trox are.
    GalxandJoan "Toxinator" Rox :: 202 Doc
    He "Tearspoint" Totem :: 215 Nano Tech :: Equipment :: Perks
    General :: Band of Brothers :: Band of Brothers Forums

Account Created
    2001-08-23 04:59:27

Account Status:
    Open

If you know the drawbacks I see no reason not to roll an atrox if you still like. It's unique, and fun

/me points at her soldier in her sig
    Fun!

Vhir / 215 Doctor
    Nynke / 205 Agent
    Letah / 200 Doctor
    Firerose / 200 Soldier

Yeah I'm back, no need to ask your ebay-check questions

My trox doc vs friends sol doc

He had 1000-1500 more nano pool then me, slightly higher heal, much higher HOT (I hadn't blitzed new one in a while).

I have Kick Pistol he has Ithaca

I hadn't raised Duck-Exp yet he had it raised about half way.

I was using lowest unbreakable init debuff, he was using 2nd unbreakable.

So with all of this you might think he won the fight.

In the course of 3-5 fights, I outdamaged him by so much that he ran out of nano before I did and lost every fight. Including one of the fights I had about half nano left.

These fights were done without first aid stims because we didn't have time to spend 30 min per fight.

I don't know his exact setup but he is a good friend and a vet player so I wouldn't think for a second it is because his doc wasn't setup well, of course there are ways to top it out, but this showed to me the nano pool issue isnt quite as much of an issue.

Also, following these fights I put on my 200 alby and 200 thick flesh hood giving me another 800 nano majorly cutting down the difference that we had in nano. (He had 200 alby on but no flesh hood).
    RK2 Clan
    ManiacMD 210 Trox Doctor
    ManiacZX 174 Opi Doctor
    Yberninja 56 Sol Martial Artist
    Saroka 54 Sol Adventurer

That maybe is the case for y our lvl, but my nanoregen allows me heal against a doc for at least 1 hour - didnt try me because of the boredom after a while. If you get about 20 levels any doc vs doc duel will be quiet useless; even without nanostimms (asuming both docs are smart and using triple ndeltas).

Ah well, game isnt about doc vs doc anyways, so it doesnt matter.

Vhir / 215 Doctor
    Nynke / 205 Agent
    Letah / 200 Doctor
    Firerose / 200 Soldier

Yeah I'm back, no need to ask your ebay-check questions

heh

I started my doc out with a stigma...switched kinda fast......at like lvl 50.....equiped a beam (this owned, but then qb came)....so i equipped a qb (kickass damage......but tooooo slow in pvp for a doc with blue skills), equipped my ql 200 15+ scope and a ithaca (this owns) and im still using it.

I can use every heal,every buff there is in the game (with a contract with bm/mm, which most people got now days). I got 5k nano pool and its all good.

-docxxx - 197 atrox doc-
    Fuhh - 202 keeper - main
    Cuhh - 217 soldier - on hold
    Agwe - 211 crat - pocket xp
    Kneeclapper - 213 shade - on hold

Mixed Martial Arts

[Tykkimies]: lets see how much u solo selfbuffed ****ER

I play an atrox doctor, Deggial lvl 155 currently on Atlantean server. And I love him, just got him a manex and a tim scope and he rocks. I was thinking of beams too but didn't want to waste so much IP.

Anyway, about my experience as an atrox doctor...

Until level 60ish, my only problem was nano pool. Wearing a carbonum armor (and I still wear carbonum armor) solved this and my progression as a doctor was very normal till lvl 120. Until then, I didn't lack in anything comparing to other doctors.

Then heals got a bit behind, mainly because we cap int at 400. Yet, with 400 int, 360 psy and a ql150 massive cannon turret i got CH at level 138, so I guess I still am a very good doc, most ppl I've teamed with say so.

The main advantage is that I'm loaded with HP. I went to PW hunting borgs the other day with a few lvl120ish to get cyborg armor for the guild and I got to be the tank - worked absolutely fine even with 3 adds.

Main disadvantage is I will never get the last team hp buffs, unless I completely ignore either MC or TS and use implants for just one of them (prolly TS, I don't like soloing). Another disadvantage is low nano, but this is solved with carbonum and albrecht. Currently, I have 4k nano and nanopool isn't maxed.

My evades are a bit behind too, but that's only because I wanted to get SFA as soon as possible to help the guild. Working on improving them now. And I've also maxed runspeed cause I like to blitz, which cost me a lot of IPs too.

-----

Deggial, the atrox Butcher... err.. Surgeon
    Vengeance of the Clans, Atlantean server

"He who runs to live today, he can run another day"
    Last edited by Deggial; Feb 10th, 2003 at 17:05:18.

Thanks for all the advice

I think I am in fact going to stick with my trox doc... lvl 30 now, wielding an Energy Scythe :P I might go back to beams but I looooove this scythe, great damage for a doc

edit: Oh yes Ialmost forgot... I need imps and I need imps bad, Ive been using the ql20 imps I got in the basic shops but I get the feeling they SUQ.

Can someone give me soem advice on what I need to do? thx :P
    Last edited by Draul; Feb 10th, 2003 at 19:33:38.

I've rolled up Konstas in the first days AO's release, which makes me one of the oldest (if not the oldest) active Atrox doctors in AO. I love this character and it is the only one I play, since none of my alts made it past level 20, but there are days when I wish that I made him a Nanomage or Solitus. Realistically speaking, Atrox doctors work, but compared to their Nano and Solitus counterparts they come up lacking.

The first major drawback is a considerably smaller nanopool. With the nanopool I have (around 5k) I rarely encounter situations where I run out of nano, but in those rare instances a couple of extra thousand nano would come in handy. In retrospect, most Nano and Solitus doctors of my level have about the same number of hit points because while I'm implanting to increase my nanopool, they implant to increase their health, thus cutting down the small difference in hit points all the while retaining superior number of nano points.

The second drawback is less nano skill points due to trickle down. At breed attribute cap both Nano and Solitus have several levels' worth more skill points than we do. Add into the equation Nano-only special items such as Prof. Jones Vest and Shades of Luc, and Nanomages come out way ahead. The Notum Wars booster pack has not rendered this point completely moot like some would have you believe. Surely with towers and organization bonuses provided by Redemption I can self-cast pretty much anything, BUT not everyone is a member of an "uber" guild with QL 250 bases. Moreover, towers get destroyed and org contracts are buggy.

Originally posted by ManiacMD
    Bah, you get a major advantage, been wearing Kick Pistol since lvl117 and luvin every minute of it.
    As far as ManiacMD's point about being able to use Diamondine Kick pistols is an advantage, it really isn't. At most, it is a perk (thrown to all Atrox like a bare bone to shut some of us up). Pain of Patricia is a qualitatively better pistol that can be used by anyone. It is slightly harder to get, but it is not like anyone can go and kill Diamondine Soldier on his or her own. Having said that, even these pistols are not exactly the best weapons for a doctor to use outside of PvM. Implant wise they conflict with such important clusters as bright/faded MC/TS and a shining nano regeneration cluster, which no doctor (especially Atrox) should neglect. In NW battles they are slow and lack range, which means that in addition to raising pistol/shotgun/fling/burst/(multi ranged), you would also have to raise weapon smithing and perception in order to be able to self-equip a Yatamuchy Movement Predictor as well as rifle/aimed-shot for the optional TIM scope.
    Last edited by Konstas; Feb 10th, 2003 at 19:37:49.
    Konstas
    Screw SK. I was a divine presence at 200.

Keep your trox doc. The secret here is to build on the skills the trox is already good at. In other words, implant to increase your attack damage and your hit points. So you miss out on a team heal or so, who cares? No doubt there are already nanomage and solitus docs in your org, so let them worry about being a true doctor. Focus on having the most HP instead of nano points and your ability to augment that advantage by healing yourself will help you drop anyone who stands in your way.

In every MMORPG that I've played, the issue always boils down to how many HP you have and how well you can heal. An atrox doctor has both abilities, perhaps not the best of both, but both are there. Don't think like those other wimpy doctors--be an atrox.

Originally posted by ManiacMD
    How can you get on Kick Pistols at lvl 117 and not be 117 and not be gimped? Not being accusatory, just want to really know how so I can do it for my trox. What implants did you use etc? What buffs and wrangles did you have to get to put them on, all the good stuff please.

To me, the only reason that somebody would be an atrox doc would be , of course for the extra hp....but the available weapon choice.....

Becoming an Atrox doc to use a riffle, is pointless in my oppinion.....so i would stick with a beam, of course you will waste alot of ip....

just a thought....atrox is a hard breed for doc, too involved for me personally =)
    "If you have built castles in the air, your work need not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them."
    - Henry David Thoreau

• Eynstine - 165/4 - Workin hard, but hardly workin

• Vodkanoreos - 104/0 - Yah, chasin vodka with oreos..reason i rolled a crat...

Personally I ran out of IP trying to keep my beam up, so I stopped upping it around lvl 60 or so and went with a Soft Pepper instead. I'm 112 now, and just got a 150 beam on again, with all stats maxed, heals maxed (no pm, si, mc), and evades up. So I had trouble through TL3 but now I'm back to being a damage dealer. Playing the Trox doc is definately a lot of fun and the nano is tight, but you can tank a lot longer than the nanomage doc (besides how well you do depends more on your implants than your breed, I've out healed nano docs 10-15 levels above me so...)

Anyhow, good to hear there's another trox doc in the world
    Caduceus 207 Doctor of the Bratpack
    Matahari 147 Agent
    Lyra 156 Crat
    Testlive

Ive had a QL 115 Hammer self equipted since lvl 70 and I did great dmg with it. Im starting to fall behind with my attack rating now, but with my new imps I think it should be at least acceptable. Another bonus to having a trox doc is you can get AC thta will be at the same lvl as the enf and sol in fact alot of the time I have better AC then them. This helps alot in the early lvls as Str/Sta are the easiest attribs to buff. I also see the nanos and sols dying after a couple good hits but I can take a beating for long enough for someone to take agro off me.

Thats true, but the high end game is lot different. I'm starting to get into it at lvl 140 and I can tell you that agro stops mattering around lvl 130ish.. I'm a nanomage doc, and I can tank very very due to decent ac's and 4khp and 4k np... The mobs at this lvl don't stay around long enough to put me in danger... We practically run through the missions most of the time.

its at the lower lvls where i saw the biggest difference, say around lvl 80-110... Those were the toughest because we were getting creamed all the time, i was dieing left and right. Someone could sneeze on me and I'd die!

Now, its a lot easier, i've got the hp, np and ac to make it... And I'm not even fully twinked, just a lowly nanomage doc.

But, GL with your 'trox doc, its a diffferent choice, and one i can respect. I look forward to seeing you lvl and finding out how it goes for you.

Hope "Doctordustin" Heals - main
    "Hecha" - ubah twink
    Harlan "Brdekard" Unsell - twink

If the Iron Reet is outside all day long, do you think it has rusty nuts? - stolen from Elonn
    am i the only crazy one? Guide to Teaming with Doc's

"Amusement parks in the Metaverse can be fantastic, offering a wide selection of interactive three-dimensional movies. But in the end, they're still nothing more than video games."
    --Snow Crash by Neal Stephenson

Achiever 93%
    Socializer 46%
    Explorer 33%
    Killer 26%

Originally posted by Konstas
    as well as rifle/aimed-shot for the optional TIM scope.
    true things said in konstans' post side that u need to raise AS/rifle to get a TIM on, UA/TTS/132 does the trick

nice thread tho
    Rookie Thelsai 201 NT - eqp - Back to life, feel the power of teh damage

Kaneos - Retired Keeper due to prof gimpness Oo

x-3's , caders, stygian desolator, ki-8's, krutss
    all viable

depends what kinda dmg you want, and what IP your willing to invest
    "Sanosuke" Sagara
    Rurouni Kenshin on RK1
    " Anime Enthusiasts Org"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast