Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pop POP poPityPOP (pop question)

Pop POP poPityPOP (pop question)

what is a good off hand gun to use with the POP? or is it better to leave it as one gun.

is 1151 multi req even possible for us to get right now (dual POPS), I know maybe later it may be possbile but how about now?

I have never touched multi reqs so I dont know how high we can go, and limited buffs in that area dont look to good.

But let me know of your ideas =)

Docs are probably better off single wielding a POP.

To quote Inocybe, " a pop is a one handed Manex".

The 1151 MR requirement is only obtainable by a title level 6 adventurer with lots of hoops and hurdles to overcome.

I"m guessing a doc could get his MR up to around 800 or so, maybe 900 with special armor, not really high enough to put on anything "interesting", or good enough to not decrease the damage output of the POP.
    LVL 220 Vanguard Out to pasture
    LVL 220 Eternalist researching
    LVL 220 Dictator Retired
    LVL 220 Field Marshal Resetting/twinking

LVL 220 Savior (researching)

Firetree Server, Horde of course

cool thanks that is what I thought unles I can come across a high lvl freedom arms g2 i think I keep it one headed..

Morelian, what about an atrox doc dueling a Pain of Patricia with a Diamondine Kick Pistol? Takes work to get both, sure, but do you think that would work well?
    Heals - they're not just for tradeskills anymore
    Hypos omni doc RK2 <-- stupid enough to have thought that going past level 150 would help her be a better doc
    Phlair omni mp RK2 solo char
    Nerfbat omni enf RK2 awarded the hammer of braveness
    Shadow Ops

yes pop and kick together do some nice dmg did some missions with an adv using that combo
    BettyRoss (A) dont ever turn yer back on a shady motha backstab4lyfe
    Gwend (A) The original complete healing engineer
    wtts :: prof ring quests

the "i dont need punctuation" army

Originally posted by Hypos
    Morelian, what about an atrox doc dueling a Pain of Patricia with a Diamondine Kick Pistol? Takes work to get both, sure, but do you think that would work well?
    Kick pistol lots easier to get than POP.

That combo works fine yes.

Kick has low MR so even an Atrox doc could dual 2 of those.
    LVL 220 Dictator Retired

PoP isn't really good for doctors, it's no better than Manex but the implants for Pistol clash with just about everything..

Rather use a Manex or wait till they get that new dungeon in game and get a Maw of the Abyss.

If you really want to use PoP you could maybe use a onehander in your offhand, to be able to use aimed shot in PvP.

Originally posted by Auno
    If you really want to use PoP you could maybe use a onehander in your offhand, to be able to use aimed shot in PvP.
    I thought you didn't get to use the specials of off-hand weapons?

Originally posted by Castoroil

I thought you didn't get to use the specials of off-hand weapons?
    Fixed now, old bug

Vhir / 215 Doctor
    Nynke / 205 Agent
    Letah / 200 Doctor
    Firerose / 200 Soldier

Yeah I'm back, no need to ask your ebay-check questions

My personnal opinion on guns right now is, if you're using one that does damage right now, dont change it.

I heard so many rumors of nerf its unbelievable. AS = NERF = bu bye Cat and Snake and every other riffle wich should put energy guns back on track (right now going energy weapon doens't make sense AT ALL, you get less atk ratting even with 2 x Khealer, more ip cost, and less damage). Manex and PoP are getting a nerf also sometimes soon.

My humble opinion on this is, all the gun system will get turned up side down when Shadowlands hit the shelves when they have more people working on balance. Right now AS is overpowered like it or not. Guns like Ithaca or simply overpowered compare to others...

Manex and PoP are getting a nerf also sometimes soon.
    Since when
    :: Disco "Strayduck" Duck - Equipment - History ::

I'm not so sure about this nerf business. You have always been able to gain a higher attack rating using a single skill weapon-shotgun, rifle vs a mixed skill weapon, etc.

With my adventurer, I can get as high an attack rating with a heavy gamma beamer or Manex as I can a shotgun. I can get an even higher attack rating with an assault rifle using Khaelar sleeves (+70 AR).

If you think about it, the AS enhancement as it were balanced the Ithica and Rifle users when crits were nerfed. Precrit nerf, X3 >> Cat, afterwards, Cat >> X3.

Some weapons are better for PVP, some for PVM.

Manex and POP are nice PVM weapons that function well without crit buffs. PVP docs may or may not do better with one or the other, but I"m guessing PVP skills being the same, a Cat user would do better because of range considerations and ability to go full defensive, as a doc would have to go full aggro to shoot either Manex or POP at any decent speed.

Both weapon classes have their place. The weapons that have suffered the most are the crit dependent guns with poor base damage and no specials, IE Missile Raids.

Auno, the one hander is a nice nasty little gun, but I've used one with my adventurer, and it just doesn't have the range for use in tower wars. 12M range and poor base damage, burst of 1200 max and while the AS is nice, you will rarely get up close enough to someone to ever use it Perhaps a doc with max conceal in leet form might get off a shot, but the doc that does that isn't healing and is just in gank mode, and he's gonna be rooted and alphad if he is that close to the enemy line.
    LVL 220 Dictator Retired

Yup.. I've used pretty much all of the guns out there, and unfortunately there just isn't a decent PvP gun out there for docs, one that wouldn't suck too hard in PvM.

At the moment the only viable PvP weapons for docs are Caterwaul and Snakemaster really, because of aimed shot. The PoP + Onehander combo would be decent if the guns had better range, but a 12m range on onehander and 18m range on pop just isn't going to cut it. And the normal-hit damage on Onehander is pretty much nonexistant.

I'm using Manex at the moment, and hoping that the new dungeon will be opened soon.. then I can get a Maw of the Abyss and have both shotgun and aimed-shot triple implanted: I will be able to self-equip both the Maw for PvM and either Snakemaster or Caterwaul for PvP.

I got real life connections that are ARK, and he says more nerfs are comming :-)

Manex = to fast
    PoP = Was never ment to be that able to get
    AS = Overpowered
    Last edited by NoWay; Feb 14th, 2003 at 20:59:35.

Originally posted by Letah

Fixed now, old bug
    Oooo, that changes some things for me... What are the rules for the off-hand weapon? I assume you don't get twice as many bursts, flings, ASes if the weapons are identical (it sure didn't seem I was getting twice the specials when I dual-wielded some xp pistols)? Is it just the additional specials that are added by the off-hand weapon?

whenever they put in inner sanctum dungeon, the parasitic hectaleech is a pretty decent off hand weapon with low MR, and drops pretty often. A title 6 doc could self equip it. They also look cool as hell when they shoot
    President of Midnight Reveries

Originally posted by DrZatan
    I got real life connections that are ARK, and he says more nerfs are comming :-)

Manex = to fast
    PoP = Was never ment to be that able to get
    AS = Overpowered

Manex is pretty slow for anyone that is not on full agro, the burst recharge is low to boot.

PoPs are not _that_ easy to get unless your in a guild that can consistantly kill the mercs.

AS can easily be considered overpowered in PvP.

-----------------------------------

As for my opinions on guns, i think that PoP is one of the best choices that a doc can do.

Now, I dont have alot of levels as a doc, but have have done alot of looking into this and 2 of my best friends play docs.

The damage output on the pop is decent and its a good weapon when single, or dual wielded with another pop.

Pistol is the least IP intensive ATK skill for a doc, afaik, and It can be buffed alot (EP, Gen, Pistol Mast)

The only problem is that pistol conflicts with MC (dots, temp) and thats kind of a problem. I don't however think that makes a doc bad, its just balance.

Realisticaly other weapon choices would be made to suck really bad for docs, and you would have to go pistol. Pistol + DoT + healing is a dangerous combo.

But then most of my experience is as a soldier

(Note: Solitus doc can self cast all relevant DoTs, Temps, HP, Hots... and still have a PoP on Non-OE)
    215 Solitus Soldier RK1
    Advisor Midnight Reveries.

Do politics exist? Yes.
    Who's involved in them? Anyone who wants to be.

If you spend your time worrying about what everyone else is doing in their lives, you'll miss what's happening in yours.

I had manex equip, I got a PoP in bank, after thinking alot about it, I went back to Snakemaster heh.. I was looking at the at the implant setup, aside from the fact that PoP conflicts with Mat C (just like Manex and Snakemaster if you want more atk ratting like I do). When you want to tripple implant PoP to get decent atk ratting you loose your shinning nano reg from the wrist if I remember correctly, that was issue number 2 for me with PoP :-|

For now, id rather stick with Snakemaster+15% for pvm wich is still really good when you can get yourself 2 GoC and MoP. We all know the kind of things Snake can do for pvp...

What id like to know at this point. Whats beter for a doc 200 lets say...

Snakemaster in pvm with MoP and a 15%... Or PoP with MoP.

Lightbulb

Its not possable to weild 2 Pop Pistols as far as I know but Pop and kick pistol is. I have a 200 kick pistol and a 200 home Defender on. I havent played the game for a wile now there maybe something new to get higher muti ranged but the best I could do is like 820.

Eunucha 200 Doc
    now if I can get myself to play
    again and get myself a PoP pistol.

DrZ.

I dont care what your ARK buddy says, until it happens it is only rumor. Rumors never do ANYONE any good. Until you can back it up with fact ( such as a signed letter from Cz or Gaute ) please refrain from posting that stuff, and quite possibly, needlessly scaring alot of people.
    Nitsobar - lvl 219/13 Doc - Equipment - Perks - History
    MrBruce - lvl 204/6 MA - Equipment - Perks - History
    MsHackalot - lvl 123/9 Twink Fixer - Equipment - Perks - History

Veterans of Synergy Factor

Click to email me

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast