Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Agent Issues Discussion

Agent Issues Discussion

Got an issue? Post it here.

EDIT: Please, stick to issues, suggestions are not interesting here.
    Last edited by Morphex; Feb 11th, 2003 at 12:17:16.
    Kind Regards
    Prince "Morphex" Olveda

Agent Professional
    Proud Member of Legion
    [pic] [stat] [eqp]

Unknown: "I am a nobody, and nobody is perfect; therefore, I am perfect"
    Scope755: "To all Devs: ISNT SOO COOL TO BE NOT WELCOME IN INFERNO SK TEAMS."

Snares : Our snares are way too weak for both pvm and pvp, should be brought up to pair with fixer snare lines.
    They end at low ql and are therefore useless at higher lvls due to the lvl % resistance.

Dot´s : Our dots are also way to weak compared to the nanocost and execution times, also when introduced people didn´t have as much hp as today, should be beefed up considerably.
    Marius-AO: Camping and farming is a very bad thing I hate it We will do everything we can to avoid this, and I am very positive we will succeed Although sometimes there will be a need for great difficulty to obtain certain items the general rule is that it should be fun to obtain them ..no boring camping ..[/size]

I'd like to mention that the skill Chemistry is only useful when it comes to tradeskills while it has the «Chemistry is used to make poisons» description.

I have yet to see any deadly poisons out there yet...

I think our defining factor is there already; we are a profession that thrives on killing the mob or the target player as fast as possible with as many critical hits as possible as instant kills are no longer possible, we need to approach this from a different angle. But here is my suggestions for improving that defination.

1) Agent lines of DoT, if we are going to keep them at all, make them impossible to resist and let them affect the evade skills and runspeed by greatly decreasing them on the target player (would appear as the affected target is snared). Does not require NCU to affect the target player. Anti-snares\roots wouldn't work against it. Would need an antidote of the corresponding QL of the nano casted to be or Epsilon Purge.

2) Our greatest disadvantage in the field is not the players playing different professions, but rather what nano buffs they have running and therefore, we would need something like a item or a nano that terminates all nano buffs (not affecting the hostile ones tho).

3) Introduce a Agent version of the of Phalanx. But gives the Agents in the team massive damage buffs (+200 or so) and adds (+300 or so) to Rifle and Aimed shot. It would allow the agents to make teams to take out very specific targets and while likely killing the target in question, it would still not overpower us as we do not have the evades or the healing abilities if we get caught in the fire.

The idea is simple; Agents team, gets into the area with the target, conceals, everyone select the target, attacks with our only real special attack and then get out.

Going to come up with more ideas, but I need a few hours of sleep first.

Lastly, off-topic, I decided to change my forum name for reasons I am not going into at this moment. Mostly because I am writing this with closed eyes and are afraid that I am going to write something dumb.. like when morphex asked me if I thought he was cute in a Augmented Biomech Armor Helmet.

oooh if we could cast our agent nanos without the negative nano init when in fp (with another nano or whatever) would help this low lvl agent out (lvl106) and go a long way to fixing fp imo.. (as fp is too useless atm same as ap.. mp is where it gets good..!!)

do something with sneak attack.. make it dark blue and give us green dodge projectiles or something more useful (would haveing evade clsc green be fair..?? i would like it but aint we meant to be crappy at close combat?)

dots are pretty much useless.. a nano dot that we can run at same time would help a bit but trying to fix these would require too much work that could be spent somewhere else useful (it would be good to have a useful dot line but i dont see it as a priority)

puhleeeze give us the abilty to change our damage by useing chem skill...would help alot and would make chem useful

and the idea of us having a nano that terminates all nanos on the opponent is just so damn cool..!!!

i dont think what the agent profession asks is too much compared to what 50% of the professions allready have..!!

Everybody wants overpowered equipment. ;)
    -Vegavak
    Quality.
    Quantity.

yah.. why do we get/have cruddy stuff and everyone else gets overpowered stuff.. i agree.. not fair
    list of useless agent stuff:

balaclava: crap mods ugly
    dots: enemy or agent dies b4 2 ticks of it are done
    fp/ap: fp enforcer and mp are useful lower levels.. other than that useless
    deimos rifle: no comment needed-just crap
    holograms: haa what ARE they used for?
    repressor: works less and less as the levels go up
    shadowfade/gloomfall armour: nice attempt (great mods) but anyone know where to get it? (shadowfade i know) ill be keeping cds until i get mkii i thinks

agents are a nice class but we dont have anything ... id like to say the x-3 is ours but anyone can use it.. dammit hehe

i think our main problem is that we have way too much useless stuff and nothing that we cant live without. please fc next thing u give to us make it somehow useful, i would trade in all that crappy stuff for a good nano or 2 and a great gun no-one else can use (cause of too high skill reqs or something)
    Last edited by bodyjar; Feb 11th, 2003 at 04:56:54.

Not necessarily in order of priority:

1)We are not masters of aimedshot, even though it is our sole
    special. Any class can have an aimedshot skill higher than an
    agent. Much like fixer's Nano skill item, we need a more effective
    item to up our aimedshot. Perhaps a TIM scope upgrade......?

My god, I just got an idea...

Why not have a agent only rifle that has a 100% chance to stun
    an enemy after an AS special? It would make us masters of the
    Aimedshot by doing this alone and would complement our need
    to do damage faster than people can heal, which is difficult...

2)New agent only items are nice, but they stink. Gloomfall should
    have AC's on par with CDS, and add to all offense instead of
    base damage. Honestly, who wants to hit for 102 instead of 50,
    when +52 add all offense effects damage done, crits, and crit
    chance a hell of a lot more. +Add all offense is much more valuable.

And quit modifying CONCEAL, damn it. We DON'T NEED ANYMORE!

Augmented demios? Uninspiring and shouldn't even have fling.

3)Our nanos are outdated. Snares are quite uneffective, our only
    stun is too easy too resist. (and it is great PvM when it sticks.
    Better wasting time in AP/MP trying to heal pre-150.) We need
    those two lines expanded, and a few more added to help us
    become less dependent of FP to exist. A few ideas for this are..:

a)Nano Damage Nano. A 1 second cast, 10 second recharge, 8
    second duration nano. A valuble tool in PvP, giving us an actual
    purpose, that being the caster crippler. This would be amazing.

During those 8 seconds, our damage effects nano pool.

b)A good set of debuff lines. Some of which should be combined.
    We are not meant to stand toe to toe, no, but we should be able
    to level the playing field by casting them down to our level...

-addalloff and evades
    -inits and runspeed (A "super snare")
    And, proudly..
    -critical chance. Oh god, we'd be master beduffers then.

Improve our DoT line. Lower resist chance and at least 100 more
    damage. Don't half ass and create a stacking line, just revamp it.

c)New NCU saving nano lines for weapons buff. For starters a
    mid range sniper's bliss. +75 rifle/50 AS. Down the road, a TL5+
    nano that comines the two but stacks with TTS(but not UA.)
    which will help us come to par with any other aimedshotter.

TL should be like Q175, adding 170Rifle/75 AS.

d)Ruse of Tauren should add greatly to evades. 25 for 1, 50 for
    2, and 75 for 3. Traders even have evade buffs. At least this makes sense.

e)A reconceal in battle nano. Nuff' said.

4)We MUST be able to zone concealed and come out as such. If
    we are to be the master infiltrators, shouldn't we be able to
    enter concealed. Otherwise, we die of lag damage and hang there.

(Minor gripe.)

5)Agent unique X-3 alternative that is obtainable by all agents.

Originally posted by bodyjar
    yah.. why do we get/have cruddy stuff and everyone else gets overpowered stuff.. i agree.. not fair

i think our main problem is that we have way too much useless stuff and nothing that we cant live without. please fc next thing u give to us make it somehow useful, i would trade in all that crappy stuff for a good nano or 2 and a great gun no-one else can use (cause of too high skill reqs or something)
    Couldn't have put it better. Problem addressed, right there.

The deal i see with conceal and other prof spec stuff is gonna come with Shadowland. I think concealment might be worked differently when SL comes out.

I also think that one of the new professions is going to be the Agent Profession. What FC thinks it should be, the revised Agent, because face it, FC is turning the agent profession around on us.

Need to change our Profession Title. Something other than Grandmaster Assassin.

That green Sneak Attack was so that we could be "more diverse" in the weapons we choose. To give us the option to be more like a thief, so I was told by a GM. Ya right... give a different skill that green.

Do I like what they are doing with us? No. But I'll see what this new profession is going to turn into, then decide from there.

Before we start begging for new crap, we should wait to see what FC has in store for us, they are not listening to us. They make stuff they think is good, not what us, the players of agents, think may be good.
    Platypus, President of Lost Chapter

just a reminder guys, funcom has stated that no existing nanos will be changed until shadowlands is released. so those of you saying improve our dots and add evades to ruse line are out of luck until then. i agree that they need changing, but funcom is just going to say exactly what i just said. hopefully after shadowlands we can get funcom to look at all of our nanos, and give some improvments to our damage/executioner line as well as ruse and dots.
    Mattie, 209 GrandMaster OT Finalizer
    Agent Professional
    send me an email
    or visit us on irc.funcom.com

"For everything that works, there was a time when it didn't."

Originally posted by Morthoseth

Augmented demios? Uninspiring and shouldn't even have fling.
    Care to explain why it shouldn't have fling while the non-augumented version has fling? While I completely agree with people who thinks its requirements are high, but I couldn't care less as the weapon is not aimed for the lowlevels.

Ah, fling shot is a dark blue skill? Well, it is still your choice if you intend to use the Augumented Deimos - you can either peacefully ignore it as it is one rifle of many or you can be one of those that are curious about it. And don't give me that old and boring argument "I just need to look at its numbers" in your reply.

I have heard Mattie come with that argument way to many times in his pre-12.6 rants, so it would be nice if you actually thought something out.

I would like to see an expansion to our existing fp/ap/mp line.

This is just an example of course, but something along these lines would help boost our profession in my opinion.. the catch would be that the nano acts like our long and short duration crit nanos, that they won't terminate if we were to die and that we would have to wait out the full duration of the nano to be able to cast another fp/ap/mp/ep nano.

Embrace Profession: <profession>
    Requirements:
    Psycho modi from 1068
    Sensory Impr from 1068
    Bio Metamor from 1068
    Agent

Nano cost: 2667
    Duration: 02:00:00

Modifier:
    nano cost modifier 10
    nano range -10
    nano interrupt chance 5
    sensory imp -125
    matter meta -125
    biological meta -125
    psycho mod -125
    matter creation -125
    time and space -125
    nano init -550

The nano leaves you with 15 more nano skill points and 200 more nano init then our mimic line, but the downsides is that you won't be able to cast another FP nano untill the 2 hour duration runs out, even if you die or terminate. Also it has a high requirement to cast. To further complicate the matter you could let Special Agent Lamb be the only one that has a chance to drop them.

I got several...

But I have grown weary and pessimistic...

Don't have strength to write that huge post before I know that something would actually come out of it.

Zarch and da chars including 186 Agent

PS.

If for some reason I would have to choose 1 character to keep and all others would be deleted it wouldn't be the Agent even when it is the highest one. I think that says about all of our current situation.

Please guys, no suggestions here. Only issues.

An issue is something like "agents have too much spare time" or "apartments should be pink". While a suggestion is something like "hey, I want a pink pony". Okey? Stay away from suggestions
    Kind Regards
    Prince "Morphex" Olveda

Agent Professional
    Proud Member of Legion
    [pic] [stat] [eqp]

Unknown: "I am a nobody, and nobody is perfect; therefore, I am perfect"
    Scope755: "To all Devs: ISNT SOO COOL TO BE NOT WELCOME IN INFERNO SK TEAMS."

I consider this an issue. There's almost no mid-level content. I want quests for agent items just like the high levels get, but with items that are obviously useable at my level. Funcom keeps adding low level and high level items/quests/dungeons, but nothing that I'm able to do with my little lvl88 toon.. Make an "agent goat" and the like that have cool agent stuff that toons my level can make use of..

I think there should be another thread of "general game issues" as well, because really, mid-level content is lacking for everyone. IMHO, our professionals should not only be addressing agent issues, but also the major game issues as well...

Lack of any sort of heal beyond the standard kits is killing us as well. We can't kill quickly anymore, so we need something to compete with healing classes..

BTW, the quote below is the exact problem with too many people today. No one cares about anyone else unless it benefits them. We need agents who look at the big picture and think beyond their own levels. No, I'm not asking for the high level items. Keep your Deimos. I just want more items and stuff to do for *ALL* agents. Funcom seems to be adding new stuff for lowbies and high levels, but they need to reexamine the dead spot between 50 and 150...

While I completely agree with people who thinks its requirements are high, but I couldn't care less as the weapon is not aimed for the lowlevels.
    note to Whisp.. I'm not trying to blast you. I just think you should understand where I'm coming from when I keep seeing new and exciting things added to the game, yet continue to feel ignored by Funcom.. I just feel that sometimes Funcom could take that same effort that they put into a mediocre rifle for high levels, and design an item or weapon that is decent and scales for multiple levels. It can't be that much more work, and it would benefit a lot more people.. Actually, I don't want to take away high level content, nor low level content, all I really want is for Funcom to add mid-level content and do a lot more things that benefit agents as a whole.

I know it sounds like I'm leading some type of "mid-level" content campaign. Maybe I am in a way. However, I feel strongly about this and have come to the point where I don't even want to play anymore because of the limited choices at my level. I've not actually "played" in well over a month now because I just can't force myself to mission, hunt, or PVP.. I just sorta login once in a while and chat and wander around..
    Last edited by Hodaka; Feb 11th, 2003 at 16:05:57.

Has anyone ever asked.....

I'm a trader by heart...but my next highest toon is an agent, albeit, he's only level 63. However, I have a suggestion that, in my opinion, would give Agents a clear role in game AND would make many of thier skills more useful.

It seems to me that agents, and agents alone, should be allowed to re-hide after attacking an opponent. Consider this:

Agent sneaks up to a target that is engaged in battle with his teammates. In hiding he bides his time to take the perfect shot. For the moment of this shot he is revealed to his enemies by the flash of his weapon, the glint off his scope..whatever. Why, if he is so far away, shouldn't he be allowed to go back into hiding and sneak around for another attack?? Of course you shouldn't be able to AS, hide, AS, hide, AS, hide instantly...there should be a timer...but agents should be allowed to get out of battle as easily as they get into it.

If an agent is targetted by an oponent their chances for a successful hide should drop dramatically but there should always be a chance. Some variables that should factor in:

Distance form the opponent
    Opponenets Perception ability
    Agents sneak skill (which might be compared to opponents attack rating)

In other words, an agent should NEVER be able to hide from an MA who is whacking him right up close..but just maybe they can get away from a trader or similar long range person who is caught reloading their gun... Hmm..that's it...the timing between shots could also be an important factor...

anyway..agent VS agent battle would be incredible events..

Go watch the movie Sniper

Nozzzs

Re: Agent Issues Discussion

Bleh, ignore me, I shouldnt post when Im drunk
    Last edited by ACM; Feb 22nd, 2003 at 02:17:21.

Oh, just remembered another issue:

Ruse3 is still badly bugged. You get stuck everywhere. Try using Camelot's stairs without jumping, its impossible.

And that is just Ruse3, without Shrinking Bracers or Chain of Concealment. When we are small, we get stuck everywhere.

Wink

My issue is the same as bodyjar´s:

Most all agent only stuff sucks.
    From nanos to weapons to armor.
    Remember I say´d most...

fix plz

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast