Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - Light at the end of the tunnel - February 26th, 2010

Nice picture. Bright lightning but that can be adjusted.

BR: pretty dumb imo. I for one would certainly start getting Minor Reflective Field (Extended) or Greater Harmonic Cocoon instead of RRFE. Loosing a few points of reflects is better then giving opposing traders mini TMS.

GTH: I'm a bit disappointed. Duration is definitely better but it still wipes target flat within the recharge of 1-2 nanos assuming they were at max nano to begin with; prevents any kind of nano regain with 15% drain per second instead of darining every 2 seconds like before and still leaves the target out for a long time after it ended to regain their nanopool. On top of that it renders traders NBD useless again. There were better suggestions out there.
    Deadly Whisper - RK1
    too many alts for to little space

Quote Originally Posted by cbus97 View Post
    as a soldier, i love the new changes!

Ok, balancing done. You don't need to change ri move along, nothing more to see here ...
    that!
    RK1

220/30 Soldier, 220/22 Shade, 170/24 Agent, 150/14 NT, 150/14 Adv, 150/19 Keeper, 150/20 Crat, 165/21 Fixer, 150/20 MA, 150/18 Doc, 100/10 MP, 150/11 Trader
    60/06 Enfo, 60/06 Engi, 60/06 Fixer

Actually, why do traders get to have a nemesis nano usable on everyone? I understand that they're a prof. that causes a lot of QQ, but still..

Make enforcer evade debuff effect everybody, agent nanoskill drain work on any target..

There's nothing illogical there, right?
    Solidstriker 220 Soldier- Pewpew Galore | Markerz 220 Engineer- Widowmaker
    Speedyadvy 165 Adventurer- PvP Gimp | Cruellia 164 Bureaucrat - Puppies!
    Nerf 219 Agent - From the Shadows | Swishswash 157 Fixer - Vector Tap
    Northaurora 85 Nano-Technician - Shimmering Light

That is exactly their plan as written by Means.
    Deadly Whisper - RK1
    too many alts for to little space

The BR changes are retarded. Instead of a nemesis nano it is now just a powerful nano against everyone. Before the changes it stripped a soldier to 0% reflect, IF they used AMS. Now it strips a soldier under AMS to 50%, a soldier under PNS to 15%, and every other profession (except NTs of course, wouldn't want to affect them) to 0%. Before a trader gained 30s of invulnerability against a soldier, now they get 60% reflect when facing anyone. No other nemesis nano provides an innate bonus to the caster, and the bonus to the trader lasts four times as long as the debuff effects any other nemesis nano.

Even if the debuff only lasts 15 seconds, anyone who has fought a Zset MP knows that killing something with 60% reflect can be damn tough, more so when you have -950 to weapon skills, no nano, and no reflect.

All that needed to be changed with the original were the amounts drained and amount given to the trader.
    New Engine - Announced: June 2007 ETA: Soon™ I'm speechless (June 2015)
    Rebalancing - Announced: January 2009 ETA: December 21, 2012 Started! (April 2015)
    New TL7 Pets - Announced: March 2009 ETA: Uh...
    AS Changes - Announced: July 2009 ETA: TBA
    Parry/Riposte - Announced: October 2009 ETA: ??? Did it! (April 2015)
    Perk Changes - Announced: October 2009 ETA: Right after server merge Started! (April 2015)
    Breed Change - Announced: November 2009 ETA: Hell freezing They did it!!! (Oct 2012)
    Beta Server - Announced: January 2010 ETA: Pigs Flying Did it! (Feb 2014)

Should give credit to FC for stating officially they want to redesign all nemesis nanos currently in place. If that can be extended to other areas of the game (a profession can be the nemesis of an other not only because of some nanos), that would be good. Now they just need to get the numbers right.

Unfortunetly, and as i stated somewhere else, but i seem alone there, they can't get the numbers right without playing in-game a lot.

Test server is cool, if there is enough population on it.

About the BR and the argue that "reflect is solja's main defense", what about asking some additionnal defense tools, or keeping that in mind if it has been allrdy stated (didn t check solja forums) ? Without additionnal tool to solja's toolset, any design to BR will probably cripple em unless the nano is so weak it doesn't worth to cast it.

About 30% reflect versus 0% reflect, big edge for the reflect toon. About 0% reflect versus 60%, even bigger edge

About trader's heal currently in place, 60% reflects instead of 30% = 2x their healing rate, except for cappin hit that bypass reflects.

Means i saw you on newbie island.

You enter Newbie Island with NPC in front of you you. He has Blue name over head "Serious nano rebalance".

And you just "turned to the left".....

Before soldier can run with 38% reflect and no touch of Borrow Reflect. For borrow reflect soldier should have 75% reflect nano.
    Now you lowering reflect check to 24% (from 75%).
    Yeah you giving less reflect to traders....but nerfing soldiers more and more. Borrow reflect + -reflect from engineer. Thanks a lot.

I see only one bonus. Soldier can have some reflect with AMS while getting BR. But for the price of running around with less static reflect than before.

And btw.: when somebody has 24% reflect and trader will get 30% i cannot count this as "borrow".

It should work like: 1. do you have some reflect not greater then 38% ? Then i will borrow it (but maximum 24%). You had only 13% (from the graft) ? Then i (trader) borrow only 13%. And cooldown timer inc (few mins).

Why not greater than 38% ? Because soldiers only defense (reflect - TMS/AMS - 75%) should be not touched.

Engi can stil rip some reflect and trader can drain soldier skills (weapon or nano).
    Last edited by EIS; Feb 27th, 2010 at 08:41:43.
    -o--oOo--o--
    Yama*007
    -o--oOo--o--

Quote Originally Posted by MassDebater View Post
    Pets are rarely on guard unless the engineer is accidently flagged and a PVM noob.

The nano makes pets unresponsive which is a huge boost to the agent.
    Any decent Engineer on RK2 put their pets on guard for dueling or PvP in general. The fact is the nano can be negated by /pet guard

Or, make it so if pets go OE they stop what they are doing period, but there are too many other nano debuffs out there so this isnt a viable option. Granted the nano shouldnt be 100% land rate, i get that, but the fact that we have a nemesis nano that can't be used on anyone with a brain is garbage.

Your arguement is null and void, the nano remains broken.

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    These are first steps in making these nanos again more generally useful without making them the most important aspects of combat.
    This was the first version of these changes to BR and GTH that were OBVIOUSLY meant to generate discussion. There has been a great deal of supportive and constructive feedback in this thread that will help make sure that the versions of BR and GTH that are actually patched to live will be as they should be from our perspective AND the playerbase's.

We do not think these are "done"...I'm sorry if anyone got that impression.
    Colin Cragg
    This "Means" Cake
    Past Game Director (2008-2011)

Good to see that he community is actually seeing through this claimed "balanced nerf" to BR as the huge BOOST it actually is.

Except the ever present trader wielding trolls that is ofcourse.

This was the first version of these changes to BR and GTH that were OBVIOUSLY meant to generate discussion. There has been a great deal of supportive and constructive feedback in this thread that will help make sure that the versions of BR and GTH that are actually patched to live will be as they should be from our perspective AND the playerbase's.

Why not listen to the community as you did with orbital strike? It took you 3 years and multiple nerfs.

But when you finally did what the community asked ppl were happy.

And tl7 NW started happening again, so it worked.

The nemesis nanos were a bad idea from the start, I think that's obvious to everyone by now.
    They were not needed and they are by definition designed to let one class own another.
    They are very opposite of balance . They were also extremely imbalanced among themselves.

So let's remove them completely instead of trying to band aid something that was wrong from the start.

ps. As for BR, a good trader will almsot always beat a good soldier without using BR. So why is this nano needed at all?
    Last edited by Noob76; Feb 27th, 2010 at 09:52:07.

If everyone starts running with less then 24% reflect i don't see how this change can be considered a "boost" . They d be able to debuff only soljas, shield MP and other traders with the BR effect on em. Or did i forget any other setup ? Some situationnal keepers perk and guardian stacking with the passive 20ish% reflect buff everyone will be running with ?

Quote Originally Posted by Drakeep View Post
    If everyone starts running with less then 24% reflect i don't see how this change can be considered a "boost" . They d be able to debuff only soljas, shield MP and other traders with the BR effect on em. Or did i forget any other setup ? Some situationnal keepers perk and guardian stacking with the passive 20ish% reflect buff everyone will be running with ?
    Because "everyone" won't. Just like "everyone" won't listen to you when you tell them that leveling your tl5 twink to 174 is a bad idea for instance.

And soldiers were plentiful before for traders to get BR up alot of the time.
    They probably will in the future as well.

Personally I play mp too. So that's another toon that traders will own even easier now.

How about we make all reflects except auras from soldier and engineer self only? Everyone else can either team with these professions or grab a reflect graft - the latter will guarantee you a partly trader-hassle-free pvp experience.

Seriously, I wouldnt mind seeing that happen. Ive been a strong advocate for self-only RRFE for so many years anyway - can as well extend it to all reflects and solve all the issues people have with reflects and BR once and for all. For that, I'll gladly function as a primary BR target for traders as long as it is toned down from its current (ridiculous overpowered) state.

Quote Originally Posted by Apothis1 View Post
    Traders have carried the "I WIN" torch for too long, and this may give us a chance to actually win.
    TY

Now what could be done with RI?
    Nothing. Our "other" nemesis nano is totally worthless and you - as an agent - wont likely be spamming CH like you used to in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Berinda View Post
    Just tried out the new BR on test. The debuff only lasts 15 seconds.

Given how powerful it is for the trader because it's still spammable, though, I think a lockout of 80-120 seconds is appropriate.
    There definitely needs to be a cooldown to prevent spamming.

Quote Originally Posted by Worldofalts View Post
    lol. if BR doesn't stack with RRFE or other reflect nanos, than whats the point of using it at all.
    Reducing the targets defense capability? Being able to grab a reflect from potentially anyone without begging a soldier or engineer for it?

Quote Originally Posted by Worldofalts View Post
    heres an idea for BR. Make the nano simply remove anyones reflects by 3/4 or 1/3, regardless of the percent and giving trader 20-30%% reflect while wiping any other reflects currently running on trader. even though BR wouldn't per say be a true nemesis nano, while being useful against everyone, It wouldn't give trader God-mode or 60% and it wouldn't leave solder completely defenseless.
    No THAT is an idea I would like to see refined and tested!

Quote Originally Posted by rapp3d View Post
    u gotta be kidding ... BR will be usable on ANY target? thats a big ROFL and all my hopes that devs know what they do totally gone

so now trader is EVERYONE'S nemesis. not just sold lol?
    Time for you to roll a trader then.
    ಠ_ಠ

Glad to hear this Means, thanks for the update

Wooohoooo no more "RRFE pls" in BS.

All together now !!! woooooooooooooooooooooo
    Funcom hire me as Content Designer !!

It's a more logical change to the nanos.

Trader defence is a worry though, with this.
    Should debuff the trader's evades, or something. Or not stack with rrfe, etc. SoZ style def'ed traders with their debuffs is a worry.
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

Who said it won't affect NTs? I play defensive mode, as will most NTs when triples and doubles take a hit from the nerfbat. So that means trader will not only drain all of my NT's nano but also be able to take away 30% of my NS2 and be almost invulnerable (60% reflect huh). Sounds worse than it is now.
    Techno "Calamite" Witch -- 220/22 soli crat
    Hbar -- 220/28 nano NT
    Electropanic -- 170/17 opi NT
    Insanenomore - 174/17 soli engi
    Darksmile -- 220/21 nano enf
    Drifting -- 150/8 nano MP
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    got more, but don't remember their names

Quote Originally Posted by Berinda View Post
    Just tried out the new BR on test. The debuff only lasts 15 seconds.

Given how powerful it is for the trader because it's still spammable, though, I think a lockout of 80-120 seconds is appropriate.
    I completely agree on AMS having a 10 minute lockout as well.
    Neophyte Nerf"Shareida"Batted First Order
    Freshman Jefferey"Bailan2"Ginsberg - Retired
    Shareidah - First Order

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    it's written in the bible.
    Matthew 23:13 "and the trader hath casteth bulk trader at the young age of 14. and it was good. and so he hath an extra 260 comp lit and he hath equippeth better ncu's. and it was good too.
    A Producer's point of view

Keep the effect on Nanobot defense in mind.
    Neophyte Nerf"Shareida"Batted First Order
    Freshman Jefferey"Bailan2"Ginsberg - Retired
    Shareidah - First Order

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    it's written in the bible.
    Matthew 23:13 "and the trader hath casteth bulk trader at the young age of 14. and it was good. and so he hath an extra 260 comp lit and he hath equippeth better ncu's. and it was good too.
    A Producer's point of view

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast