Thread: **Upcoming - Update Notes 18.0**

**Upcoming - Update Notes 18.0**

**Upcoming - Update Notes 18.0**

This new series will enhance the GUI for even further customization, another slew of fixes and new content as well. We're proud to introduce a new quest/raid system (separate from the ones you get from terminals). EDIT: We've added NEW Gameplay enhacements.

- GUI Enhancements -

- Team Window now has an assist button next to each player's name. Clicking on it automatically will target the mob that player is fighting.

- Minimap now has 2 buttons to scroll the area quicky.

- Minimap now displays a new icon when a player is in a mech in the zone you are in.

- Planetmap now shows the locations of players in your team in the world. If they are in an instance or inside a mission their position will be fixed in that location.

- Chat window(s) can now be set to "lock" in place, so you can't accidentally move them with your cursor.

- A new Raid Window is now available. Up to 4 full teams (24 players) can now enter specific raid instances. The moment a raid is created, a raid channel will be available to all participants. The player who created the raid will automatically be set as "raid leader" (the position can be transfered and works the same as team leader). The raid window also allows up to 4 players to be assigned as "callers" in which players have the option to toggle them on/off their screen. Callers who are selected will have an assist button next to their name.

- A new Quest Timer Window has been added as well. Certain quests will have a time lock which means you cannot re-enter the quest instance for a given amount of time. This window will keep track of the time lock and display the name and location of the instance and how long you need to wait to try again.

- First person view has been enhanced when inside a vehicle. If you are inside a mech, you will see yourself inside the cockpit of your mech with new cool HUD display. A similar cockpit will also be seen when using a yalmaha (we're working on cockpits for manta and other type of vehicles). This view is optional and it will automatically be disabled. If you want to use it, enable it in the GUI options.

- The Trade process has been reversed to it's original state, no more popup window to verify what your doing. However a new disclaimer text is now displayed stating all trades are final and you are responsable for all your trades.

- A New Window with Perks combinations listing has been added. The list displays each profession's perk and the correct combination with eachother for special attacks. Learn these combos to make your team a force to be reckoned with!

- Gameplay Enhancements -

- All AXP gain has now been tripled, you will now be able to reach AI 30 at a much more reasonable period of time.

- SK (shadow knowledge) gain has been increase by 10%.

- No changes to XP gain between levels 1-200 has been made.

- Pandemoium is now a raid instance (more info later on), up to 24 players can enter the instance. More challenges have been added, with 4 full teams the chances of success (if the players are experienced) are about 50%. The zone has a raid lock of 3 days.

- 2 New Raid Instances! -

- Players beware, you will need 2-4 teams to have a chance to succeed in these new raid instances. They are huge, challenging and will test your skills as a gamer.

- Omni Raid Quest: "Dark Sentinel". The Sentinels clan has stolen Omni-Tek advanced technology from the Orbital Battlestations and are in the process of building a Super-Mech that can change the tide of the war. Your Mission: Neutralize all possible escape exits from their secret underground facility in Wailing Wastes, eliminate all military personnel, capture at least 10 scientists alive (we believe there are 15 of them) and reposses the stolen technology and any other military tech found.

- Clan Raid Quest: "Corporate Juggernaut". Omni-Tek Armed-Forces has been developing a new heavy-assault vehicle based on Omni-Pol's Juggernaut-Class vehicle. The new military transport is twice as big allowing 2 full teams of omnis to be transported within as well as new Kyr'Ozch-based heavy weaponry and shields. This would not be much of a problem, if it wasn't because it is rumored the hull of the new beast will have new stealth capabilities to hide it from any kind of surveillance or scanning. Your Mission: Infiltrate their secret underground facility in Clon****, eliminate all military personnel, capture at least 10 scientists alive (we suspect there may be more) and either capture or destroy the new Juggernaut!

- Both raid instances will have complete different layouts, and different defenses. The Omni-Tek base will have fewer personnel but stronger cannons and defense turrets creating a hard to breach defense. The Clan Base will have fewer mechanical defenses, but omnis will have a very large number of sentinels eager for blood.

- Fixes -

- When you are getting out of your yalmaha at high altitude over Old Athen you will no longer hear a voice screaming "Dingleberry!" in the background...that was a joke a dev made...he has been relocated to the AoC team.

- Yalmahas no longer will sink into the water if you fly too close to the surface of a body of water. It's the future, vehicles don't drown, they crash.

- The large tree in the middle of Old Athen will no longer drop coconuts randomly on players walking under it's branches.

- Players enterting Omni-HQ will no longer see the PvP timer counting down in green numbers. A new time display has been added with the image of Donald Trump, when it reaches zero you will hear "YOU'RE FIRED!".

- Billboards will no longer display advertising for the TV show "Captain BOBO and the Hoe Factory" due to being canceled in it's first season.

- The naked dancing atroxes has been removed from a certain clan quest, they were meant to have been added to the Happy Rebel club in Tir.

- The posters for the re-release of the classic holo-vid "Dude where is my yalm?" has been fixed, it was posted upside down in some entertainment clubs.

- Can you tell I wanted to become one of AO's Game Designers?

- Yeah, I have no clue to coding, but when it comes to ideas, I think I would drown the Devs into oblivion with my imagination.

- You do know at this point that all these notes are fake right?

- You didn't?

- Aww! well sucks to be you then!

- I had fun, always have with AO.

- And yes, I would move to Norway if I could work on AO.

- Probably won't happen, but one can dream. Enjoy the fruits of my imagination.
    Last edited by Windkeeper; Jul 30th, 2007 at 16:54:58.
    Twitch Channel - Youtube Channel - Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO Fansite Worldwide - Site Founder (Retired). | AOSpeak - Unofficial AO Teamspeak 3 Server - Founder (Retired). | AO Recipebook - In-Game Recipe/Tradeskill Bot - Founder (Retired).
    Founding member of the Council of Truth Clerical Staff.
    Keep in mind: My posts are my own personal views and thoughts.

A Man can Dream <3

Lots of nice ideas, these posts of yours really should be in the game suggestions area as well
    Transcendence
    ----
    220 iii "Quilluck" iiiiii :: iii "Quillster" i 165
    074 iii "Tradeursoul" i :: i "Fourthaid" ii 220
    ----

Damn, some of those GUI and xp changes were good ideas.

You had me until the Dingleberry one.
    Causes:
    Make the battlestation a reality for all levels!
    FC, we need Noob Island fixed!
    Go go Godzilla! (Please)
    Amateur CoH Chest Detective
    Temporarily out of game due to XBL. I shall return.

KAES
    Breakdown: Achiever 53.33%, Explorer 46.67%, Killer 60.00%, Socializer 40.00%.

you had me too until raid window :P

How about :

- New turning animation for all breed and morphs models. (seriously the code is here for mechs)

- The missing nanoprogram sounds have been added.

- Footstep sounds have been changed to its original state.

- New ! (Or old) Sounds will be played when you hit your target, depending on your weapon and your target.

- Upon missing with ranged weapon, ricochet sounds can be heard if a wall is nearby. Again.

- Ranged weapons using bullets or shotgun shells now eject empty shells.

- The skysphere have been fixed and shouldn't show distorded textures.

- Several nanoprograms have received new visual effect.

- Several perk actions have received new visual effect and animations.
    Server first !!! Neutral Solitus Male Soldier named Boltgun to wear a short with pink spots on RK1 !!!
    N E U T R A L I Z E R S

I was suckered too, just like Kyai did when she posted her april fools joke in the enf forums.

dirty pool, old man!
    Towerblock, 220/30/70 Engineer
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

Fool you again!
    Twitch Channel - Youtube Channel - Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO Fansite Worldwide - Site Founder (Retired). | AOSpeak - Unofficial AO Teamspeak 3 Server - Founder (Retired). | AO Recipebook - In-Game Recipe/Tradeskill Bot - Founder (Retired).
    Founding member of the Council of Truth Clerical Staff.
    Keep in mind: My posts are my own personal views and thoughts.

You set the tone just right ... was very good, I like the ideas.

I think I saw something similar that wasn't as good so I was on my guard for this one. Also there was no quote or link to the original posting of it.

Now, everyone heave! Let's get this sucker into the game suggestion area and bump it until that forum breaks.