Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Need three dailies back

Need three dailies back

Funcom.....we need 3 bs dailies back. That change was 1 of the top 3 worst decisions you've ever made.

EVER.

That's all.
    Number
    Sliza
    Chewy

what were the other 2 decisions?

and bump for the bs dailies.
    Cause the players gonna play, play, play, play, play
    And the haters gonna hate, hate, hate, hate, hate
    Baby, I'm just gonna shake, shake, shake, shake, shake
    I shake it off, I shake it off

Far too many to name.....
    Number
    Sliza
    Chewy

/signed

Person who did that should be fired!
    Something that was done long time ago and on purpose by Means got "fixed" by another incompetent GD 2 or 3 years later.

To make things more hilarious the reason for this "fix" was exploit !!!???
    1. How something that was intended by former GD suddenly become exploit?
    2. "If" there was expolit in the first place how was it possible for FC to allow it for such a long time !!!???
    3. "Fixing this exploit" made all BS ranges almost dead - "good job FC"
    Awikun 220/70/30 Ranged adv - my Main that I hardly ever log
    Awisha 220/70/30 Shade - Can solo 95% of all bosses
    Cratawi 200/70/30 Crat - S7/DR Solo farmer
    Awiken 220/70/30 Eng - Pvm Eng
    Nukiwa 200/70/30 NT - almost forgotten (awaiting retwink)
    Awidoc 200/70/30 Doc - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awix 200/70/30 Fix - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awienf 220/70/30 Enf - tanked every single boss (and still lives)
    Soldawi 220/70/30 Sol - Pvm Sold
    Awima 150/xx/xx Ma - best S10 MA farmer
    Doctorawi 220/70/30 - Pvm Doc
    Awienfo 200/70/30 - Atrox with Pande red belt and 2xQL300 hammers
    Macierewicz 220/70/30 - Pvm Crat
    Zlakobieta 220/70/30 - max complit +top tradeskiller

Quote Originally Posted by Chewy1 View Post
    Funcom.....we need 3 bs dailies back. That change was 1 of the top 3 worst decisions you've ever made.

EVER.

That's all.
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatsNotMyName View Post
    what were the other 2 decisions?

and bump for the bs dailies.
    Seems like 2 other things came into your mind. I also would like to know.

I stopped playing over half a year ago, still get some e-mail alerts for new threads, and the title of this one made me gasp.

Change this back.

guys, enjoy the 1 bs per day while it lasts
    when genele gets fired like everyone else, the next GD will give us bs only in weekends
    Genele: ofc I come back to u difs. U used to look as hot as me

Quote Originally Posted by Difs View Post
    guys, enjoy the 1 bs per day while it lasts
    when genele gets fired like everyone else, the next GD will give us bs only in weekends
    You will find the Monthly BS in this subforum.
    Last edited by Notcrattey; Today at 05:51:45. Reason: Didn't actually edit it, was a mistake!

Just to reiterate the 3 BS dailies per day was an intentional design change implemented by Means:

Quote Originally Posted by Means
    Other things next week's update will contain that is not Christmas related:

- The Gauntlet should no longer cause issues with multiple bosses.
    - The ancient novictum refiner should no longer be unique nor nodrop, but it will still be expensive to buy.
    - You can now ask John Smith for up to 3 Battle Station daily missions per day.
    Source: http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=595827

A correction to the bug that allowed dailies to be queued and completed 3 at a time was what was needed not a complete design 180 reverting back to 1 daily. Was Genele aware of Funcom/Means original design decision to increase the BS daily limit from 1 to 3 in December 2011? Has Genele been briefed on all other historic design decisions? Why was the switch to a single BS daily categorised as an "exploit fix" rather than a design change (a predictably unpopular one at that).

Destroying BS when there is an entire gearing path and many nanos linked to VP (which is primarily acquired though BS) just seems completely crackers to me.
    Last edited by nat3s; Jul 29th, 2014 at 23:35:23.
    Defrag 220 Crat
    Chuckle 220 Doctor
    Nates 220 Shade
    Magnite 219 Enf
    Chipbutty 212 Fixer

I dont think it was the "3 battlestations per day" the recent change was made to fix -
    but instead it was possibly the quickest, easiest way to stop ppl obtaining all 3 "daily XPs" from one Battlestation round which I dont think was intended.

Var
    Varsbot
    Variable004

Quote Originally Posted by Variable View Post
    I dont think it was the "3 battlestations per day" the recent change was made to fix -
    but instead it was possibly the quickest, easiest way to stop ppl obtaining all 3 "daily XPs" from one Battlestation round which I dont think was intended.

Var
    Yeah agreed, which is why I said this in my previous post:

Quote Originally Posted by nat3s
    A correction to the bug that allowed dailies to be queued and completed 3 at a time was what was needed not a complete design 180 reverting back to 1 daily
    There were ways to fix the queuing bug whilst still keeping 3 BS dailies. It seems design decisions are led by "what is easiest to achieve" rather than "what is best for the game" which, given that the subscription is one of the highest in the market, doesn't represent good value-for-money in my mind.
    Defrag 220 Crat
    Chuckle 220 Doctor
    Nates 220 Shade
    Magnite 219 Enf
    Chipbutty 212 Fixer

Quote Originally Posted by Awikun View Post
    /signed

Person who did that should be fired!

[...]
    Yes, rob someone of its livelyhood due to minor irrelevant gaming content you mildly dislike.

Maybe think about what you are saying before doing so...

(Sorry, off-topic post but this somehow struck me...)
    220 Agent + :: 220 Doctor + :: 220 Soldier + :: 220 Enforcer + :: 220 Bureaucrat + :: 217 Adventurer + :: 217 Trader + :: 159 Engineer :: 112 Fixer

Inferno Travelguides

This was the main reason I didn't take advantage of the anniversary offer,
    as much as I wanted to.
    I'm just a casual player and counted on these to get some research done.

Along with the apparent lack of interest in BS since this change ...

I would image no one is doing the daily missions that now only give VP (ie no longer give XP). I know I completely stopped doing the tower tag / miner's dailies.

I would have expected that a company would listen to its customers ...

Emma

Quote Originally Posted by Keex View Post
    Yes, rob someone of its livelyhood due to minor irrelevant gaming content you mildly dislike.

Maybe think about what you are saying before doing so...
    Livelyhood shouldn't be the only criteria for a certain job position.

Quote Originally Posted by Pafpuf View Post
    Livelyhood shouldn't be the only criteria for a certain job position.
    +1

Allthough I would have chosen a "stern talking to" rather than "get fired".

signed.

Bring 3 BS dailies back. Maybe it's also time for a battlestation level redux to reinvigorate interest.

After Means left, GD was merely a title

Constantly firing people means replacement employees never get past the "trying to figure out what all the buttons do" stage. Yeah, sure, let's fire everyone. While we're at it, you should be fired from your job for every little mistake. Certainly every business can become a well-oiled machine by adhering to this strategy.

When I go to work, I'm not there for you. "My purpose" is not to "serve customers." I'm there to trade labor for money so that I can live. I'm being coerced by the threat of starvation. I will adjust my work as necessary to better help people who have legitimate needs and are paying real money (and/or if they're nice and attempt some kind of human connection rather than treating me like their slave -- which is funny, because they come in and treat people like that, but just an hour ago, they were on the other side, at their job; it's like they just forgot what it's like in one hour), but at no point is every person who comes through the door and flops down a dollar bill on the counter entitled to my time or my consideration.

Furthermore, trying to place upon a specific individual, a scapegoat, the blame for a fault in a product, its design ("balance") still fluctuating, produced by a whole team of people, some of whom aren't even still around, is both illogical and morally reprehensible. Sure does feel good to sacrifice a scapegoat, though, huh? Is it just because you don't have to deal with the fallout of doing your part to try and starve someone who doesn't deserve it?

Quote Originally Posted by vitriolic-v View Post
    Constantly firing people means replacement employees never get past the "trying to figure out what all the buttons do" stage. Yeah, sure, let's fire everyone. While we're at it, you should be fired from your job for every little mistake. Certainly every business can become a well-oiled machine by adhering to this strategy.

When I go to work, I'm not there for you. "My purpose" is not to "serve customers." I'm there to trade labor for money so that I can live. I'm being coerced by the threat of starvation. I will adjust my work as necessary to better help people who have legitimate needs and are paying real money (and/or if they're nice and attempt some kind of human connection rather than treating me like their slave -- which is funny, because they come in and treat people like that, but just an hour ago, they were on the other side, at their job; it's like they just forgot what it's like in one hour), but at no point is every person who comes through the door and flops down a dollar bill on the counter entitled to my time or my consideration.

Furthermore, trying to place upon a specific individual, a scapegoat, the blame for a fault in a product, its design ("balance") still fluctuating, produced by a whole team of people, some of whom aren't even still around, is both illogical and morally reprehensible. Sure does feel good to sacrifice a scapegoat, though, huh? Is it just because you don't have to deal with the fallout of doing your part to try and starve someone who doesn't deserve it?
    If your employer saw that they'd probably fire you, "customers are your job" and customer service counts. As for singling out an individual well the logic is that they are accountable for the people they manage, when people complain about service they talk to the organ grinder not the monkey.
    Caloss2 LVL 220 melee VANGUARD (semi retired).....Llewlyn 220/30/70 meepmeep.....Boooocal 220../30/70 Soldier.......Knack 220/30/70 Keeper.....Hiesenberg 215/xx/xx NT NERFED Neytiri1 220/30/70 Shade Knacker220/30/70Meat shield
    https://www.youtube.com/user/caloss2 for guides/walkthroughs/letsplays and all your other AO needs
    Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta
    In my special design documents that I feed to the FC devs, who are my willing slaves.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast