Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Monthly Development Update: June 2012

Quote Originally Posted by IHaveHugeNick View Post
    12man is a 3 year old instance, as far as im concerned it should be soloable by now, or doable with 2 man team at best. Thats how entire world does it.

Making old stuff harder is just a pathetic excuse for lack a new content, excuse transparent to all the players.
    Maybe you've heard of this other game called WoW where they make old content hard again for highend players and offer up some reward and and call that content patches and save time while keeping old stuff relevant.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Quote Originally Posted by Alternity View Post
    Well

Shadowlands really ruined the whole sci-fi cyberpunk atmosphere AO had going imo, the first time I saw a frigging pony I wanted to cut myself.
    Those ponies existed in base AO
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    Those ponies existed in base AO
    Yeah, how does that justify an entire expansion of fantasy creatures.
    Darkempire 220/30/70 Agent
    {edited by Anarrina: see me if you have questions}
    When specifically asked for positive words, responding with a personal attack is incredibly rude and inappropriate. Please do not repeat such behavior.
    Quote Originally Posted by nums214 View Post
    If my wife never got preggo omni wouldn't have lost their fields. 2009 is pretty much when I quit.

Yeah, how does that justify an entire expansion of fantasy creatures.
    It doesn't But you could've vomited earlier. Though, the ponies on RK were more like twisted mutants than shiny dancers...
    The Red Brotherhood

@Alternity
    is Camelot Castle with Tarasque Sci-fi
    or Bronto mama with her two slack milk....

Quote Originally Posted by Brampfine View Post
    @Alternity
    is Camelot Castle with Tarasque Sci-fi
    or Bronto mama with her two slack milk....
    Seeing as how it's a weird mad scientist guy who had it all cooked up, and brontos are genetically engineered creations...
    The Red Brotherhood

Quote Originally Posted by Ilikethongs View Post
    Of the remaining players, many are indeed cynical. I am one such. However, the cause of my cynicism is not necessarily because of changes and delays, but rather simply by the way this game had been bleeding active players with seemingly fewer and fewer new ones. It's kind of sad to log on to check !online with org bot, and see 7 people online but with at least 2 people dual logged. A couple of years ago, my org (Spartans) had 30+ unique players online on a regular basis.

The worst of all is to see that FC doesn't realize how unique AO truly is. Think about the other Sci Fi MMOs out there. How many of them are alive today? Even the ones released recently such as SWTOR are on the brink and are converting to a free to play model. Instead of fortifying AO to make it THE flagship scifi MMO for the genre, FC becomes engaged in projects such as MMO Legos? Their priorities are completely wrong. In this economic climate, not a lot of people have the funds to support multiple MMOs. Yet AO is full of players who are supporting not 1, not 2, but 3 paid accounts simultaneously.
    I'm a remaining player and I'm quite optimistic about how things are goin I only have 2 paids going though. You r0xx0r AO Devs. I'ma play forever with my org mates who're lovin' the game too!

But that doesn't mean I'd like to see some flagging fixes asap, you guys really kind of botched that one :\ Remember it's not just keepers that are getting nailed, it's crats too! Please please please make it so that auras only land on flagged players if you're flagged too. How hard can that be? And I really would like an answer on this one. I really think this would fix *all* the flag issues... If you disagree, let's hear why!
    Clan for life

Great orgs:
    -Defenders of Rubi Ka (PvM)
    -Devil Inside (PvP)
    -Equilibrium

Quote Originally Posted by jijie2 View Post
    have no make stone to for sword we make sword box for sword to put sword in for sword ?

It doesn't But you could've vomited earlier. Though, the ponies on RK were more like twisted mutants than shiny dancers...
    I can stand the RK stuff though. It's just the aspect of fairy castles and their inhabitants, we're just missing hobbits and it would be perfect. Pande is as close to Mount Doom you could get
    When specifically asked for positive words, responding with a personal attack is incredibly rude and inappropriate. Please do not repeat such behavior.
    If my wife never got preggo omni wouldn't have lost their fields. 2009 is pretty much when I quit.

I do have some inside information that new engine will be out around same time as Finland wins soccer world championship.

Quote Originally Posted by fakiiri View Post
    I do have some inside information that new engine will be out around same time as Finland wins soccer world championship.
    The real question is how long would Finland's soccer team have to lay off the booze in order to finish a match?

dogs run after balls
    You hit Tarasque with nanobots for 18280 points of melee damage.
    First shade with Blades of Boltar
    ---
    How much is enough?
    Member of Halinallet!

Quote Originally Posted by Ilaliya View Post
    Let me ask you an honest question here. Other than a delivered, fully-working engine, what sort of progress indicator would you actually consider meaningful and not a "trick"?
    I don't think any communication of the update sort should actually be posted on the forums. It feeds the wrong kind of person in the wrong format. I believe that at this point it should be done on a webpage linked to via monthly updates in a PDF. People that look for information about the status of a game don't log into forums, especially people that don't play ... the potential people that might be interested in coming back when they are implemented. The webpage is always the first place I go to see the most recent info on a game. The fact is that if you continue to post these updates on the forums and someone DOES come here to see the updates they get swamped by QQ posts. It really diminishes the experience.

Seriously, consider that.
    Last edited by Obtena; Jul 10th, 2012 at 14:40:12.
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

Talk, talk, talk.Everybody talk about the game, about how it should be or how FC should handle some problems.In my opinion, we are just a small headache for the Dev team because they have to keep this game alive for one more day.For some reason they just cant unplug the servers and thus to have more time for TSW or whatever they are building now.
    I dont know about RK2 but RK1 look more empty with every day and that say alot about the futures of the game.
    Sry about my bad enghish

Maybe you've heard of this other game called WoW where they make old content hard again for highend players and offer up some reward and and call that content patches and save time while keeping old stuff relevant.
    And how is that relevant to making old content harder while offering no incentive, all for the sake of cleaning the mess made by random system changes?

Oh right , its not.

Updating old content is fine, the same way Pande and APF loottables were updated , breathing new life to both zones.

Pointlesly making old content tougher to complete only makes it harder for new and returning players - surely that will help a great deal to game thats slowly dying from lack of players.

Quote Originally Posted by IHaveHugeNick View Post
    And how is that relevant to making old content harder while offering no incentive, all for the sake of cleaning the mess made by random system changes?

Oh right , its not.

Updating old content is fine, the same way Pande and APF loottables were updated , breathing new life to both zones.

Pointlesly making old content tougher to complete only makes it harder for new and returning players - surely that will help a great deal to game thats slowly dying from lack of players.
    Seems to be if the game is as dead as everyone says it is Then if everyone is a new player, the changes will not seem drastic or anything to them.
    The Red Brotherhood

Seems to be if the game is as dead as everyone says it is Then if everyone is a new player, the changes will not seem drastic or anything to them.
    Unless they don't roll one of the 5 essential professions.
    Facebook
    Idiots are just like slinkies. It makes you smile when you push them down a flight of stairs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Undercutting View Post
    Bs isn't where the real pvp happens, tis' where the pvmers' go to feel like they've pvped.
    [Zacyx]: i will perma bann u from MR

Quote Originally Posted by lindelu View Post
    I'm sorry if any of you feel that I am being a jerk regarding this, but this is the way I wish to run things.
    Sums it up for me. Lindelu is in charge and there doesn't seem to be any compromise.

I want to point out that not everyone hopped on the "S10 Billionaire Bandwagon" and have froob toons just to hold their credits. So, bleed us all with the the GMI. Bleed the orgs as well. Doesn't matter how the player feels. Lindelu is restructuring AO as she sees fit and if you don't agree, remember, she's running the show. Might as well save your breath.

/refusestograbankles

Quote Originally Posted by agentpatogen View Post
    Talk, talk, talk.Everybody talk about the game, about how it should be or how FC should handle some problems.In my opinion, we are just a small headache for the Dev team because they have to keep this game alive for one more day.For some reason they just cant unplug the servers and thus to have more time for TSW or whatever they are building now.
    I dont know about RK2 but RK1 look more empty with every day and that say alot about the futures of the game.
    Sry about my bad enghish
    RK2 has half the population of RK1.
    Twitch Channel - Youtube Channel - Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO Fansite Worldwide - Site Founder (Retired). | AOSpeak - Unofficial AO Teamspeak 3 Server - Founder (Retired). | AO Recipebook - In-Game Recipe/Tradeskill Bot - Founder (Retired).
    Founding member of the Council of Truth Clerical Staff.
    Keep in mind: My posts are my own personal views and thoughts.

Well

Shadowlands really ruined the whole sci-fi cyberpunk atmosphere AO had going imo, the first time I saw a frigging pony I wanted to cut myself.
    Show up with a laptop (with a solar powered charger) in the Middle Ages and what to us is tech, to the people of that time is... magic (or sorcery).

It's plausible that in out RL future technology may be biologically based, were you see a tree and don't think of it as a CPU today, in 100 years we may have developed a forest that is part of a "core" of a super computer.

Just because SL feels like fantasy, it does not mean it is. Like the Nox in Stargate SG-1 (if you are into sci fi, you KNOW this tv series).
    Twitch Channel - Youtube Channel - Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO Fansite Worldwide - Site Founder (Retired). | AOSpeak - Unofficial AO Teamspeak 3 Server - Founder (Retired). | AO Recipebook - In-Game Recipe/Tradeskill Bot - Founder (Retired).
    Founding member of the Council of Truth Clerical Staff.
    Keep in mind: My posts are my own personal views and thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by agentpatogen View Post
    Sry about my bad enghish
    Your English isn't bad, it's the content of your post that is
    The Red Brotherhood

Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast