Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Updated Fixer Guide

Great guide!

Just one thing: i think SMG buffs aren't rollable.
    Demyle, Kingpin - Rank: Accomplished - equip
    Ikillstuff, Spectre - Rank: Common - equip

I know the higher level ones aren't, at least.
    Necosileo, Pimpin Kingpin of Rimor
    Retired President of Alpha Omega

Buff Begging 101
    All your thread are belong to me

Porta, I'm sure most ppl realize they can either play the game or use an IQ ring to lvl up fast. I'll see if anyone disagrees on that point. Otherwise I'll leave it as is.

Necro, I'll remove the rest of the sentence but the link will stay.

Demyle, you're right. I'll fix that in a sec too.

Agi
    Aginorgotd's Updated Fixer Guide - If you have a Fixer question, the answer is probably here
    As mentioned in Sorhan's journal
    Atlantean Omni Unredeemed Kingpin Fixer, Unit Leader of Majestic Twelve
    Aginorgotd, auno.org - Equipment and Perks, auno.org
    Aginorgotd, from anarchy-online.com - Total Equipment and Perks Report, from aomainframe.info
    Too many alts to list

Quote Originally Posted by AginorGotD
    Porta, I'm sure most ppl realize they can either play the game or use an IQ ring to lvl up fast. I'll see if anyone disagrees on that point. Otherwise I'll leave it as is.
    This guide is geared toward the new fixer, so I don't think we should encourage powerleveling to people who should be learning the game. But when I'm leveling an alt, it's a high ql xp ear, xp rings x2, xp perks, and baton ftw.

Buff Begging 101

Quote Originally Posted by Aginorgotd
    Missing the point really I guess. I don't think most new players (the people who need the guide the most) realize they can equip a ql200 IQ ring with only 101 Int. Also any item you put on to better your character will likely help them to level faster, IQ rings just clearly do a better job of that than title locked + dmg rings, and a guide is all about informing people of their options. /shrug, they'll read it here anyways, or i'll tell them first!

Quote Originally Posted by Neco
    This guide is geared toward the new fixer, so I don't think we should encourage powerleveling to people who should be learning the game. But when I'm leveling an alt, it's a high ql xp ear, xp rings x2, xp perks, and baton ftw.
    Your point is well taken, although it contradicts with Aginorgotd's... although I wouldn't consider wearing 2 x 7% xp rings powerlevelling. I would say it's helping you get the most from your time xp-wise.

Anyways.. great guide. I always point the new fixers here.
    Mr. "Porta" Pottie - 220/19/59 Opifex Kingpin
    Mr. "Chewon" Somathis - 217/17/58 Brute Savior
    Many, many other alts... none worthy of mention yet...

General of Omni SV-9 an OT org on RK-1, part of Call of Fate, a multi-MMO guild.
    First 220 Fixer to play AO on my computer!

not sure how many read this far down but....

Just wanted to say that any new fixer should take the time to read this, as it has helped me a whole hell of alot. I greatly appreaciate agi for taking the time and making this into one of the best i have seen in any prof. guide. Heck i made a fixer as my first char mainly because I knew my first char wouldn't suck as bad with a guide this good to use until i figured the mechanics of the game out.

So I bow to you agi for all the great work.

Great Guide!

I've been sort of levelling up as quickly as I could, as I took a break for at least 6 months and deleted my chars before I left.

I'm at 34 in two days, thanks to SL and crippler cave. However, reading this I realize I need to print it and go over it with a highlighter and fine tooth comb. Brilliant amount of information I never realized I was missing.

I'm already having more fun with my 34 fixer than I had with my 111 NT or my 70somthing Soldier.

Thanks Aginor!

LOL If I stop getting teams b/c I'm the noob warned about in the fixer guide, I'm blaming you Agi!! <3
    Sorhan 220/30/70 fix * Aeschines 220/30/70 crat * Mengqi 220/30/70 sol * Hephaistion 220/30/67 adv
    President of the Obsidian Order - Join us today!

Best Ever Fixer Guide

I loved this Agin! Im following it right now as I level up my fixer. Works great and Hopefully it'll get my fixer as uber as yours. I suggest to Everyone that they follow it cause Agin seriously knows what he's talking about

This guide has helped me a lot with my upcoming new fixer lovechild, Best guide I've seen so far concerning anything about AO.

Thanks Agi
    Probably "Parthelius" Hungover 220/30/70 Martial Artist
    Muff "Parthelia" Diver
    220/23/70 Trader
    Oh "Snippetty" Snap 218/22/67 Enforcer

President of Transcendence

BUMP for a kickass guide!!

makes bringing up my new Fixer a lot easier. Thanks!!
    Joe "Sefus" Werkit 212/17
    Squad Commander - PR - Recruitment
    3305 Local

Found this guide in the stickies but still worth another bump.

I just started a fixer about a week or so ago, and loving her so far. Only a few issues came up that I didn't see much on here, and it would be interesting to see feedback from Neutrals on this as well.

I'm staying Neutral until at least level 40, because of f-grid quest, and thought I would toss a few observations in here. I'm also a token whore on my sided toons, so the missing tokenboard is that much more noticeable, especially with not adding any IP to psychic and nano pool. I've uploaded a few nanos that I can't use because my nano pool isn't high enough and of the nanos I can cast, most eat up more than half my nano pool.

This is only a temporary problem for me but for people staying Neut, it may take some adjustments that sideds don't have to deal with.

BTW, awesome guide!
    Last edited by DreamSnake; Mar 2nd, 2006 at 20:42:48.

---
    If you have 1000 tokens at 100, you’re a better person than I am.
    ---
    Just hit 1000 tokens at level 108

Can't say this too many times: great guide. My loved fixer is coming along nicely. Gonna get myself 4 more levels and start blitzing stuff to pay for my SMG. Stupid me missed the QL188 blitzing though, got greedy and wanted to have a big pool before killing myself and dinged 106 by mistake
    Hermesia RK2 Fixer

Jesus rolls 20 and saves!

Quote Originally Posted by Mjolklarse
    Just hit 1000 tokens at level 108
    Sad note: I'm 211 and I just got 1k 2 weeks ago.
    Not so sad note: I got my 1750 board a few days later

Buff Begging 101

Quote Originally Posted by Neco
    Sad note: I'm 211 and I just got 1k 2 weeks ago.
    Not so sad note: I got my 1750 board a few days later
    I'm not going to repeat the feat of doing 250 to 1000 tokens running missions that give 5 tokens per in less than a week any time soon
    Hermesia RK2 Fixer

Jesus rolls 20 and saves!

I'm so glad I got 1900ish tokens before I hit 200. I couldn't stomach runing guns to Eel all day. Even when I farmed for my 2500 board I just looted the token drops and killed all the bosses repeatedly.
    Aratink 220/30 Fixer
    Proud General of Dark Front
    Clanslator
    Quote Originally Posted by Kijomimi
    See? It all starts with you doing something stupid. Maybe if you were not so stupid, you would have less problems.

But Aratink, gunrunning sounds so Fixerish. I'm at 1100 tokens and couldn't stomach the thought of even doing the 1750 token board awhile ago.

There are days that I wished I had started this game earlier than I did.

Agi
    Aginorgotd's Updated Fixer Guide - If you have a Fixer question, the answer is probably here
    Aginorgotd, from anarchy-online.com - Total Equipment and Perks Report, from aomainframe.info
    Too many alts to list

Since I just replied I won't have the stigma of bumping a thread I started needlessley (which I dislike intensely). I would just like to take this opportunity to apologize to everyone for all the clanspeaky bad grammar in the guide.

When I first wrote it and split it into parts it fit into the 15000 char limit just nicely.

Successive editing has forced me to truncate a lot of words to save space while making some sense even if it is in clanspeak.

So if you see the following please translate it as such.

2 = to
    u = you
    ur = your

and so on and so forth.

Agi
    Too many alts to list

heh, this guide might be aimed @ the new players, but I know for a fact that the first time I read it my fixer was around 140-160ish and it still helped me out a ton.

And as for the clanspeak Aginor it ain't that bad, least it's not l33tsp34k
    Freqflyerdnt (Fix) - Codney (MP) - Fiddlybit (Crat) - Breaker117 (Enfo) - Spasticdent (NT) - Fiveof9 (Keeper) - Maleshai (Advy) - Tacitblue (Shade)

Squad Commander of Ab aeterno animus liberi

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy
    clearly, it's all because arbalest is clan-only. all the omnis pvpers went clan for arbalest and all the omni pvmers went clan for the 35% xp buff so now the ratio of clan to omni is 9:1 herp derp clan favouritism herp derp devs are clan.

But Aratink, gunrunning sounds so Fixerish. I'm at 1100 tokens and couldn't stomach the thought of even doing the 1750 token board awhile ago.

There are days that I wished I had started this game earlier than I did.

Agi

Hehe, I know it does....but it's just too repetitive for me. That's probably the reason I could only do SK for an hour at a time, unless I got to pull whole camps and make a survival game out of it. You can only shoot at a rock for so long before you go nuts.
    Aratink 220/30 Fixer
    Proud General of Dark Front
    Clanslator
    Quote Originally Posted by Kijomimi
    See? It all starts with you doing something stupid. Maybe if you were not so stupid, you would have less problems.

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast