Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: now that the new engine video is actualy out...

now that the new engine video is actualy out...

Pricecuts - 220 Trader
    Feel free to contact me via PM or in-game.

Raggy - 220 Bureaucrat || Raggeh - 220 Fixer | Back as 'Raggys' - Shade for the time being. | Nuclei - 217 Nanotechnician || Nanobiology - 214 Doctor

Tip #743: As noted in Tip #244, tea bags have an infinite variety of uses. However, there's always one jerk who will want to give you crap over drinking tea. Particularly if in a new town, use this as an opportunity to assert yourself. Any drunken idiot can win a bar fight. It takes a real man to win a bar fight while enjoying a cup of Earl Grey.

Last edited by SoapTarder; Mar 27th, 2012 at 14:25:13. Reason: borken link
    wtf happened to my avatars eyebrows?

I used to listen to Dubstep in the 90's... every time I connected to the internet.

It's great that we waited so long for a 30 second clip obscured by Premiere filters.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Wow, you know it's bad when FC's paid forum spokesman isn't happy!
    This was what I was wearing. Tell me I asked for it

Quote Originally Posted by Marinegent View Post
    Soldier reflects just flat out need to be much stronger all the time (70%~ at level 220 at all times...)
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowgod View Post
    the day our pets last forever, like yours, is the day your reqs will be lowered.
    Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    To be fair, you are lucky the mods are as forgiving as they are.
    Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    your an idiot

I like that multiple companies got the exclusive.
    Ghosts of Rimor
    Gorastopr 220 MA Doctor :: No pew pew. Thwack thwack.
    Goratinkr TL5 OT Hurler Factotum Engineer :: Bringin' the thunder since 2008.
    Scrubup 100 Bow Doctor :: Will she ever get out of perk reset? Stay tuned!
    Ghosts of Atlantean
    Unda TL7 MA Engineer :: Crying for more crit.
    Measles LVL1 Pistol Doctor :: It takes 2 stims to self the Expertises.

Quote Originally Posted by Le-Quack View Post
    i might be a troll

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    It's great that we waited so long for a 30 second clip obscured by Premiere filters.
    This. And the scenes that weren't obscured were essentially the screenshots we've already seen.

There's more to come, they are going to focus on more character cuts now. (I think it was).

Since it's a teaser we haven't actually gotten the video yet. I suggest you whine more.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by Gorathon View Post
    I like that multiple companies got the exclusive.
    They are different language markets. A site generally only cares about an exclusive in its native language, so we got exclusives with 4 sites of different languages.

and so it shall begin...

(this post is directed at the devs, god help you.)
    Last edited by Xyphos; Mar 27th, 2012 at 21:48:02.
    "When life knocks you on your butt, you have to get back up and punch it in the face." --DJ Ashval of GSP

Nullified "Bitbucket" Deadcode - 220/25 Neut NanoMage Engi
    Bits10 - 150/14 Clan Opifex Trader

Quote Originally Posted by Ilaliya View Post
    They are different language markets. A site generally only cares about an exclusive in its native language, so we got exclusives with 4 sites of different languages.
    Personally, the copypasta between interviews is what mostly bothered me.
    Because Race Yalm

Quote Originally Posted by Xyphos View Post
    and so it shall begin...
    (this post is directed at the devs, god help you.)
    since conan utilises physx and after playing Batman and Alice.. there is no way i would go with AMD/ATI in the close future :P
    You hit Tarasque with nanobots for 18280 points of melee damage.
    First shade with Blades of Boltar
    ---
    How much is enough?
    Member of Halinallet!

Quote Originally Posted by Otansaanpas View Post
    since conan utilises physx and after playing Batman and Alice.. there is no way i would go with AMD/ATI in the close future :P
    Only if you can afford to. At the high end, nVidia is better priceerformance (680 vs 7900 series) while in the lower and middle brackets, ATI wins priceerformance (6870 vs 560, 6790 vs 550ti, 5770/6770/7750 vs gts 450)

ATI cards on paper always sound better than how they actually perform. websites like this can actually make someone believe card-X will beat card-Y, when under realistic conditions and multi-hour heavy loads, a cards design flaws really show, both with ATI and Nvidia. piles of bandwidth on a card is great, but poor heat transfer design throws that out the window, which ATI is classic for; while you can spend a couple hundred bucks on a fancy cooling system for an Nvidia setup, and see no increase in performance. basically, anything below 200 bucks for Nvidia and ATI are not going to make you happy, unless you have a really small monitor, which sucks for gaming anyway.

I used to listen to Dubstep in the 90's... every time I connected to the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by SoapTarder View Post
    anything below 200 bucks for Nvidia and ATI are not going to make you happy, unless you have a really small monitor, which sucks for gaming anyway.
    Irrelevant considering there is very little on the market these days that isn't also designed with consoles in mind, meaning a cheapish card you buy now will last you for quite a long time yet.
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader
    Feel free to contact me via PM or in-game.

Raggy - 220 Bureaucrat || Raggeh - 220 Fixer | Back as 'Raggys' - Shade for the time being. | Nuclei - 217 Nanotechnician || Nanobiology - 214 Doctor

Tip #743: As noted in Tip #244, tea bags have an infinite variety of uses. However, there's always one jerk who will want to give you crap over drinking tea. Particularly if in a new town, use this as an opportunity to assert yourself. Any drunken idiot can win a bar fight. It takes a real man to win a bar fight while enjoying a cup of Earl Grey.

its irrelevance is contextual. newer mmo's, like TSW or TERA for example, will obviously run on cheap cards, but my real point is you will not be happy with a cheap card, unless you love low framerates.

For AO after engine update, I doubt a low end card like a 550 Ti will perform any less then a gtx 680, unless you are quad logged, using big monitors while pumping hot into your computer case with a hair dryer. so for AO specifically, A low end card will likely do just fine.
    Last edited by SoapTarder; Mar 28th, 2012 at 05:08:24.

The Community corner thread is full of thoughtful words that the dev team will appreciate. I really look forward playing with you all again.
    Server first !!! Neutral Solitus Male Soldier named Boltgun to wear a short with pink spots on RK1 !!!
    N E U T R A L I Z E R S

Quote Originally Posted by SoapTarder View Post
    ATI cards on paper always sound better than how they actually perform. websites like this can actually make someone believe card-X will beat card-Y, when under realistic conditions and multi-hour heavy loads, a cards design flaws really show, both with ATI and Nvidia. piles of bandwidth on a card is great, but poor heat transfer design throws that out the window, which ATI is classic for; while you can spend a couple hundred bucks on a fancy cooling system for an Nvidia setup, and see no increase in performance. basically, anything below 200 bucks for Nvidia and ATI are not going to make you happy, unless you have a really small monitor, which sucks for gaming anyway.
    What kind of nonsense is this? Poor heat transfer design? A well ventilated case is a must. Regardless of manufacturer or design or whatever. nVidia cards in particular generate a ton of heat and eat electricity like a starving man at a buffet. The 680 is a turn in the opposite direction, hopefully it that edge scales to the upcoming mid and low range cards.

And a 150$ card like a Radeon 6850 or similar will give you loads of playtime at 1680x1050. Or 1920x1080, one in combination with a cheapo 3.1ghz Athlon X3 unlocked to X4 runs BF3 at high settings at respectable framerates at 1920x1080 without MSAA. Go lower on either settings or resolution and you up performance considerably.

I'll be getting a 680 when custom PCBs start appearing and an appealing one makes itself noteworthy. Will mark the end of my 2,5 year stint back in camp red. Too bad I upgraded my monitor, or the 5870 would've kept on ticking for the foreseeable future. Since 680s cost the same, more or less, I shan't be buying one alas. I need that performance.
    Last edited by Mastablasta; Mar 28th, 2012 at 10:29:59.
    The Red Brotherhood

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast