Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Predator Armor

Predator Armor

Does this armor only drop from the Pained Predator or from any of the 4 named in Ely?
    ACCOUNT STATUS
    Cancelled
    This account was cancelled at:
    2004-11-07 04:09:22
    It will remain playable until : 2004-12-06 15:13:07

All the named predator mobs drop it. All 8
    StabbaH - 200+ Shade

Bah! 8?!?! Oh well...I'll let someone else have the other 4
    ACCOUNT STATUS
    Cancelled

to my knowledge there are only 6. the usual 4 south of sabres cradle and the 2 east of the shattered heartlands omni sanctuary statue(close to nero)

"to my knowledge there are only 6. the usual 4 south of sabres cradle and the 2 east of the shattered heartlands omni sanctuary statue(close to nero)"

There's 4 around Shattered Heartlands, too -.^

fair enough. i always thought there was 2.

6 hours of camping netted me 1 complete set, 2 spare sets of gloves and a spare vest.

Good luck camping.
    ACCOUNT STATUS
    Cancelled

all 8 named predators drop the armor, but it seem that the droprate is better on the 4 in Sabres cradle.

Originally posted by Gorehound
    6 hours of camping netted me 1 complete set, 2 spare sets of gloves and a spare vest.
    Lucky bastard :P I camped there for 8 hours one night and ended up with 2 extra vests and 2 extra gloves, I already had both, and none of the stuff I needed :P
    Alexander "Talan" Calnid
    Currently AFK, will see you all in a few months
    Advisor of Shattered Dreams ~ My Equipment ~ Bio ~ My AO-Journal
    Alts of Note: "Malta" Desan ~ Equip || Jiro "Stone" Yamato ~ Equip || Jane "Lustywench" Scarlet ~ Equip || Scape ~ Equip

Tsukts: Yeah... You were the naked perv in bor. lol
    Talan: yep that was me
    Tsukts: I still have nightmares about you.

Just curious, at what level can you "safely" solo them? I just love the predator's circlets

Whenever the normal predators are gray otherwise you'll get nibbled to death.
    Alexander "Talan" Calnid
    Alts of Note: "Malta" Desan ~ Equip || Jiro "Stone" Yamato ~ Equip || Jane "Lustywench" Scarlet ~ Equip || Scape ~ Equip

Ok
    I had hoped it was like the Elysium mortiig bosses which where somewhat doable (= meaning either killed them when I have one bubble of health left, or them killing me when they have one bubble left ) while the regular mortiigs are orange-red (if you know how to pull). Them being grey means being level 120-130, right?

I was doing it around 96 and the normal preds were gray then, didn't take not of their level sorry.
    Alexander "Talan" Calnid

"I had hoped it was like the Elysium mortiig bosses which where somewhat doable (= meaning either killed them when I have one bubble of health left, or them killing me when they have one bubble left ) while the regular mortiigs are orange-red (if you know how to pull)."

You can deal with the kitties in similar manner too, just need to work a bit on clearing the spawn from the regular mobs (although maybe not when they are orange-red, the predators doesn't have the mortiigs' tendency to kill themselves with their own nano nukes)

"Them being grey means being level 120-130, right?"

Way sooner than that.. i think the bosses are l.85, the regular mobs go up so 75'ish or so.

Originally posted by Joannah
    (although maybe not when they are orange-red, the predators doesn't have the mortiigs' tendency to kill themselves with their own nano nukes)
    So that is why they drop half health sometimes!
    Alexander "Talan" Calnid

Actually, the mortiig aren't suiciding themselves with nano nukes, they're just using Enforcer's rage Except that in SL, it's pretty lethal to do that... A pretty high level rage actually, the 972 FireAC damage is the one you get from Infernal Rage :

Name: Infernal Rage
    QL: 139
    ToUse:
    Self BiologicalMetamorphosis >= 639
    Self MaterialCreation >= 639
    Self MaterialMetamorphosis >= 639
    (damn, these mobs do have crazy nano skills, wish I had that on my Enforcer!)

RunSpeed and NanoResist +800
    Inits +350
    DamageShield +95

That's actually more kamikaze mode than suicide... If you're a fast hitter and/or have adds, this can be pretty nasty... My MA tends to think that damage shield does hurt a lot! If you're dual-wielding 1/1 pistols/swords, the damage shield is really nasty too... No to mention they do hit faster when in kamikaze mode...
    Anyway, I kind of like it that way... It tends to turn the fight to turbo mode... If only they could fix the XP bug (since the mortiig is technically killing itself, it's the one getting all the XP)...

"Actually, the mortiig aren't suiciding themselves with nano nukes, they're just using Enforcer's rage ;)"

Ahh so that's what they are trying to do :o I thought it's just a part of their script being screwed (like when they do the 'taunts' in Vicinity and use their own name in there "Me much stronger than you, Mortiig" etc) which would imply they 'target' wrong person and could also extend on their combat system... i mean, if the Redeemed mobs can heal wrong target (me instead of themselves) i could see the Mortiigs nuking themselves instead of me, as well ;s

I went there once with my MA. The MA was about level.. um.. I dont remember but the bosses was yellow/orange and the regular mini-panthers around the bosses where greenish.

Didnt have any problem soloing the bosses even with 2 adds selfbuffed. Only ql 130 implants.

Then this clan doctor came along and wanted to camp the place too and he actually didnt manage to outdamage my MA with his dual flux setup and he was level 194. How gimpy is that. I didnt use dimach either

Question drop rate/ spawn time on preds

Does somebody know the spawn time or drop rate for the armor? So the armor drops... not pieces that i need for making it but the straight armor right?
    Last edited by Form; Jun 24th, 2004 at 12:05:12.

The armour drops. The only thing is that the Facemask is Agent only, but it can be converted into the Circlet.
    I've been hunting the Predators on and off for a few days now and after about 25 or so kills I've had 1 facemask and 2 pairs of gloves (but they drop patterns/pearls and outsiders armour as well).
    Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity. Hanlon's Razor.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast