Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: nullity sphere 2

Quote Originally Posted by Pafpuf View Post
    And set those prices according to what ? If they're store buyable their prices should match store buyable nanos.
    prices can be set at whatever the devs want to set them to. it's entirely irrelevant what they charge.

What defines a piece of equipment in ao essential ? More so if someone considers something essential they would in fact spend time and effort in obtaining it.
    would you like to spend 900m to buy dof for your fixer? or maybe spend 3 months farming rk missions for it?

...or maybe that's just me not being used to having everything handed on a platter. ^^
    no it's just you being shortsighted.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    prices can be set at whatever the devs want to set them to. it's entirely irrelevant what they charge.
    What if they charge 900m for it ? ^^

would you like to spend 900m to buy dof for your fixer? or maybe spend 3 months farming rk missions for it?
    If I found something essential I would pay 900m for it. I payed more than that for things I found essential for my characters. A lot of people do, check the prices of css/cc armors for example. And I've spent a lot more than 3 months acquiring certain things, as did thousands of other players. I don't know when you started actually playing this game but not everything was as easily obtainable as it is nowadays.

no it's just you being shortsighted.
    Or simply not lazy, pun not intended.

Quote Originally Posted by ameratsu View Post
    There is no content/quest that gives ns2.
    What? Far as I know you can get it through RK missions from bosses and chests and you can get it from dynabosses. Then there's all the things you can do to farm money to buy one. Plenty of content.

Doesn't matter that it's "old" or otherwise "outdated", that is not an argument.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    What? Far as I know you can get it through RK missions from bosses and chests and you can get it from dynabosses. Then there's all the things you can do to farm money to buy one. Plenty of content.

Doesn't matter that it's "old" or otherwise "outdated", that is not an argument.
    What is an argument is that's horrible game design.
    Dagger 220/30/70 Shade // Attempted 219/24/?? Enforcer // Canidae 180/0/0 Adventurer // World 185/26/32 Meta-Physicist// Cramp 150/20/35 Engineer
    Ya wanna fix something - give RK mobs better xp, make RK matter again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamman View Post
    Give shades love or we will stop buffing people!!

Quote Originally Posted by Notcrattey View Post
    What is an argument is that's horrible game design.
    Not really. Just a lack of players doing the content at the moment and an inflation in currency.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I stopped playing my NT because soloing without NS2 is just flatout rediculous.
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader
    Feel free to contact me via PM or in-game.

Raggy - 220 Bureaucrat || Raggeh - 220 Fixer | Back as 'Raggys' - Shade for the time being. | Nuclei - 217 Nanotechnician || Nanobiology - 214 Doctor

Tip #743: As noted in Tip #244, tea bags have an infinite variety of uses. However, there's always one jerk who will want to give you crap over drinking tea. Particularly if in a new town, use this as an opportunity to assert yourself. Any drunken idiot can win a bar fight. It takes a real man to win a bar fight while enjoying a cup of Earl Grey.

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    I stopped playing my NT because soloing without NS2 is just flatout rediculous.
    You fail.

Quote Originally Posted by mishikato View Post
    You fail.
    Yes, I fail, because without NS2 my NT cannot kill mobs which other chars of comparable level can.

Layers, blinds and roots only get you so far.

AI Dailies, mobs in enclosed spaces, anywhere where it is impossible to kite, NTs get shredded.
    Last edited by Raggy; May 7th, 2013 at 03:15:43.
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader

Raggy - 220 Bureaucrat || Raggeh - 220 Fixer | Back as 'Raggys' - Shade for the time being. | Nuclei - 217 Nanotechnician || Nanobiology - 214 Doctor

Tip #743: As noted in Tip #244, tea bags have an infinite variety of uses. However, there's always one jerk who will want to give you crap over drinking tea. Particularly if in a new town, use this as an opportunity to assert yourself. Any drunken idiot can win a bar fight. It takes a real man to win a bar fight while enjoying a cup of Earl Grey.

I've been soloing inferno catacombs for years, pretty enclosed space, hard hitting mobs. NS2 is not at all essential there.

But then, NTs were never good at soloing anything but certain specific places. Which 4 more seconds of activity really don't make much of a difference in.
    The Red Brotherhood

Either way he would be enjoying using his NT more if the NSII nano was more available.

Sure its got to be fun, its a game.

Var
    Varsbot
    Variable004

Fun is different for everyone. If fun was getting everything easily and nothing was rare or otherwise something to strive for, you should probably play a different kind of game, like Quake or something. Where the game is centered around different things and not mixed in with soft-sim elements.
    The Red Brotherhood

Fun is different for everyone. If fun was getting everything easily and nothing was rare or otherwise something to strive for, you should probably play a different kind of game, like Quake or something. Where the game is centered around different things and not mixed in with soft-sim elements.
    It doesn't have to be easy to get, we just think it should be available through more fun or engaging means.

The current way is terrible and you know it.
    Dagger 220/30/70 Shade // Attempted 219/24/?? Enforcer // Canidae 180/0/0 Adventurer // World 185/26/32 Meta-Physicist// Cramp 150/20/35 Engineer
    Ya wanna fix something - give RK mobs better xp, make RK matter again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamman View Post
    Give shades love or we will stop buffing people!!

I've been soloing inferno catacombs for years, pretty enclosed space, hard hitting mobs. NS2 is not at all essential there.

But then, NTs were never good at soloing anything but certain specific places. Which 4 more seconds of activity really don't make much of a difference in.
    News just in, End-game NT is able to solo stuff, more at 11.

I'll just throw this example out there a moment. A 175 NT in Penumbra trying to solo mobs that hit for 1.5k+ without the use of NS2. It's horrible, it's hacky, it's stupidly dangerous. The earlier portions of NT levelling are ridiculous since Evades are close to irrelevant and Layers stop being a contributing factor to survivability around level 100 so what are they left with? Blinds?

It's such an integral part of NT survival. Why it's so hard to get, I have no idea.
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader

Just have to stop solo leveling, I guess :|
    The Red Brotherhood

I'll just throw this example out there a moment. A 175 NT in Penumbra trying to solo mobs that hit for 1.5k+ without the use of NS2. It's horrible, it's hacky, it's stupidly dangerous. The earlier portions of NT levelling are ridiculous since Evades are close to irrelevant and Layers stop being a contributing factor to survivability around level 100 so what are they left with? Blinds?

It's such an integral part of NT survival. Why it's so hard to get, I have no idea.

I guess I'm an anomaly in the system then. Admittedly, yes, I am the world's slowest leveling NT, in my high 190s. However, I have most of my leveling past 100 on up as a solo player. I have done all of the Shadowlands zone quests solo (barring pattern bosses) and I am in Penn. now and I haven't found any group mob spawns that I can not solo. Do I have to be cautious? Yes. But they are workable, just not always easy sauce like farming hecklers for example.

I am not pro and I don't claim to be but I know how NTs work and I've played mine since AO launch. I have done this with high evades, stims, spamming layers, rooting, blinds and, yes, I do use NS1.

I still use all my profession tools, excluding NS2, and they are all useful.

I don't think anything but kiting will help you there. Having 5 seconds longer invulnerability per minute and 9 seconds more casting time per minute isn't going to magically make things soloable that you aren't close to being able to solo before.
    Shhhsss. Careful. Behind all the colours, there are ears, ears who listen.

+1 I beleive I started doing catacombs at 150 for ado and around 180-190 for inf. (wearing med suit for better stims)

News just in: The reason some people don't play AO anymore is because it's too hard for them.

What a load, NT has imo the best solo toolset in game. Any NT worth 1/2 a cell should have learned long before pen to use range increase and just root/nuke. I never even wore armor until lvl 210ish when I started doing inf team missions because I never got hit!

I have NS2 and NBG and the only time I use either is for 12m, db1-2, pande, collector, arid rift and maybe pvp. Reg mob encounters they never even come up.
    Last edited by Psikie; May 11th, 2013 at 15:51:32.
    ~Anyone can level, but only the wise gain experience~

*Bronto Burger, serving 10,000 high level noobs daily*

http://wolf-brigade.webs.com/

My Story

Don't feed the Mensa Tralalalala

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Quote Originally Posted by Psikie View Post
    News just in: The reason some people don't play AO anymore is because it's too hard for them.

What a load, NT has imo the best solo toolset in game. Any NT worth 1/2 a cell should have learned long before pen to use range increase and just root/nuke. I never even wore armor until lvl 210ish when I started doing inf team missions because I never got hit!

I have NS2 and NBG and the only time I use either is for 12m, db1-2, pande, collector, arid rift and maybe pvp. Reg mob encounters they never even come up.
    Do you even play AO? Root and nuke things with a 40m attack range, in a game with a 40m visual range. I'd love to know how you circumvent core game principles

Best solo toolset in the game?

Shade
    Crat
    Enforcer
    Solder
    Doc
    Fixers
    Traders

All these have a far superior soloing toolset.
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader

Do you even play AO? Root and nuke things with a 40m attack range, in a game with a 40m visual range. I'd love to know how you circumvent core game principles

Best solo toolset in the game?

Shade
    Crat
    Enforcer
    Solder
    Doc
    Fixers
    Traders

All these have a far superior soloing toolset.
    For someone who hasn't played in years...and has never played all those profs at 220, you sure do have a strange opinion.

Unlike some every prof you listed I have a 220 in addition to MP/keep/engi, and once again IMO I still think NT has best solo toolset. THE best "toolset" because the NT unlike all other profs is NOT dependant upon equipment to be effective.
    ~Anyone can level, but only the wise gain experience~

*Bronto Burger, serving 10,000 high level noobs daily*

http://wolf-brigade.webs.com/

My Story

Don't feed the Mensa Tralalalala

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Quote Originally Posted by Psikie View Post
    For someone who hasn't played in years...and has never played all those profs at 220, you sure do have a strange opinion.

Unlike some every prof you listed I have a 220 in addition to MP/keep/engi, and once again IMO I still think NT has best solo toolset. THE best "toolset" because the NT unlike all other profs is NOT dependant upon equipment to be effective.
    Gotta love how you are projecting. I have a 220 Crat, Fixer, Soldier, MP, 200 Doc and Trader and have played 220 Enf and Shade. Also I've been playing for the past 2 months.

Oh, I didn't realise you started out on an NT with the capability to cast all the top-end nanos for that level

Everything you spout is pure misinformation.
    Last edited by Raggy; May 11th, 2013 at 20:15:06.
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast