Thread: Mysterious Diplomatic Vessel Arrives on Rubi-Ka

Independent Reporters of Rubi-Ka Editor: IRRK's Avatar

Mysterious Diplomatic Vessel Arrives on Rubi-Ka

Mysterious Diplomatic Vessel Arrives on Rubi-Ka
    Reporter Bill Macdonald

(IRRK) – According to sources aboard the Morningstar space station, an Omni-Tek transport named the "Longhorn" passed silently through Rubi-Kan space using an obscure diplomatic protocol which prevented the vessel from being scanned by orbital ICC sensors.

This diplomatic protocol is normally reserved for vessels carrying top executives of hypercorporations, the ICC or humanitarian groups, to prevent unauthorized scanning of computer databanks and cargo. However, a search of the interstellar diplomatic transport registry reveals no mention of any vessels, owned by Omni-Tek or otherwise, named the "Longhorn".

Moreover, the ICC has no listing for the Longhorn filing an interstellar travel itinerary with its offices, nor did the vessel make any contact with any other vessels, colonies, or outposts through the course of its journeys. The Longhorn slipped into Rubi-Kan atmosphere relatively unseen; tracking contact from the Morningstar was lost within seconds after the ship passed through Rubi-Ka's ionosphere.

For their part, Omni-Tek Corporation representatives had very little to say about this report. Omni-Tek Corporation of Rubi-Ka media liaison Burton Shogren declined the IRRK's request for an interview on the subject, as did officials in Omni-Pol.

Stay tuned to the Independent Reporters of Rubi-Ka for more on this story as it develops.

Yanno...

Unless you folks can't put pieces together...

Lightswift was recently accosted by a "Dr. Harry" and was under his control due to new implant technology. He was supposed to leave and go offworld to deliver the goods so to speak... Could this ship have been his rendevouz vessel? I hate to be the one that points this out with all of those military and diplomatic minds out there trying to figure out what is going on...

As far as I know "Dr. Harry" will go on trial soon for his crimes...

erm...yeah and that's all I have to say about that...
    The Union - Neutral Org.
    ... Wardencraft ... - Neutral Atrox Keeper
    ... Gizmocraft ... - Neutral Nanomage Engineer
    ... Clobbercraft ... - Neutral Atrox Martial Artist

The Company - Omni Org.
    ... Boomcraft ... - Neutral Solitus Trader
    ... Blitzcraft ... - Omni Opifex Fixer
    ... Ragecraft ... - Omni Atrox Enforcer
    ... Traumacraft ... - Omni Solitus Doctor
    ... Voodoocraft ... - Omni Nanomage Nanotechnician

More videos coming soon on YouTube: BlockAndLode

You can be sure the vessel is here for purely legit reasons. Honestly.

Some noob with a plan to

1. Steal thongs
    2. ?????
    3. Dance!

(And why can't I use my proper name of "Cosmik"? OMGORZ! Nerf!!)

My words are found at n3rfed

Post Comments from Director Moscardelli

I roll my eyes reading this article. There is nothing to fear or hide with this ship. I am confident it is just a few Omni-Tek officials coming to view Rubi-Ka first hand. It is not something to worry about. I am not sure why this has made the news, but secrets always get people interest. I know by experience secrets lure even the laziest people.

Why the secrecy you ask? The obvious reason is security. If the Rebels knew high ranked official were on planet, they would be out with the sticks and rocks looking for them. Not to mention the ICC would ask too many questions into why these officials are here when the reasons is just a sight seeing trip.

My comment and conclusion: it is nothing to worry about, stick to the surface of Rubi-Ka.

So... you want us to take your word for this being a peaceful group of fools, who just happen to the most important planet in the galaxy, and they arrive in an largely unknown ship, with not communications...

I dont buy that one, well, they are fools of cause, but here on peace? Im quite sure they are here to talk to Boss Ross to get his rear in gear and do something besides running around like a headless chicken.

And who said it was Omni anyway?
    "It's your life. Keep it up! Keep it real!"

Originally posted by Arila

And who said it was Omni anyway?
    This quote did: ...an Omni-Tek transport named the "Longhorn"...

But if you don't believe the vessel is an Omni-Tek vessel, then please do go ahead and believe that. Less explaining for me to do.

Some noob with a plan to

1. Steal thongs
    2. ?????
    3. Dance!

(And why can't I use my proper name of "Cosmik"? OMGORZ! Nerf!!)

My words are found at n3rfed

I know what i said, also what the news reporter said, but thats jsut it: They said it was an OT ship., but that does not mean that it is OT scum inside now does it?
    "It's your life. Keep it up! Keep it real!"

Pfft

I think there's too much paranoia going on about a vessel with a damaged comm system. How do they know its name is the Longhorn? It's probably a miscommunication during transmission. This vessel probably found trouble with some pirates while headed for some other destination, and found Rubi-ka just in time to get saved. My theory is that their communications system is mostly banged up and they were forced to use simpler, more archaic codes to enter Rubi-ka as sanctuary. Furthermore, if this mysterious vessel landed on Rubi-ka, why in bloody hell doesn't anyone go to its landing site and clear this thing up once and for all? Sure, Rubi-ka's a big planet, but our damn biosphere's tiny and overpopulated, I'm sure it couldn't be that difficult. In the end, I think people should stop freakin' out about this and go check out the facts themselves. Not like it's some kind of Alien Invasion!

I don't trust the ground the omni works on... what makes anyone think that a Clan member should trust a random diplomatic vessel appearing in Rubi-Ka and for me to not keep my eyes opened for what may happen...
    Nexeus Fatale
    Former GSP DJ
    website

Zane "Tharkael" Conmy

- "The secret to "the list" is that once you are on it, you automatically become Timelapse's and Regulas' chew toy."

Tharkael have fun watching all our Cargo vessels roaming over RubiKa. Ill hand you a glass of water if I spot you running wildly around trying to figure out witch vessel poses the most danger to you.
    We can hide secrets on them to you know.
    If you dont trust the ground we walk on, move to another planet.
    Proud agent of the Disciples of Omni-Tek

Commissioner of the RKDC

"One should not lose one's temper unless one is certain of getting more and more angry to the end."
    William Butler Yeats

This is paranoid and narcissic... "I don't know what it is, therefore it must be bad for me". *sigh*. Why would it be bad for anyone and why do you think you are involved?

Omni-Tek went through the painful process of changing the ship's name and going through this rarely-used protocol. There is little chance that anyone on Rubi-Ka would be interested by the original ship's name.

My belief is that the ship's name and cargo were secret for off-planet reasons. Typically information that Omni-Tek doesn't want the other megacorporations to know. I can perfectly visualize important OT clients coming to Rubi-Ka to visit the installations and sign a new contract.

Cheers!
    Concealment is bugged in PvM: hit sneak two times after you zone. Only then you will be able to sneak properly.

Longhorn

*looks around smuggly and checks his computerized notebook*
    If anyone has done their research, which I am sure you haven't, Longhorn is the alias of one of the few known Dust Brigade members. He is an Atrox Enforcer, and to the knowledge of Omni-Pol a mere applicant to the organization.
    *takes a swig of Lime Slime*
    Perhaps the Morning Star recieved word from the craft and assumed it was called the Longhorn, when in reality, the pilot was attempting to point out that they were victims of an off-surface terrorist attack.

*nods to himself* Yes.. that could also explain the crash site outside of Omni-Entertainment that appeared a few days ago....