Thread: Surprise Attack at Newland City

Independent Reporters of Rubi-Ka Editor: IRRK's Avatar

Surprise Attack at Newland City

Surprise Attack at Newland City
    Reporter Jots

Newland City -- (IRRK) -- March 17th, a brief but fervent battle occurred in Newland when the Omni-Tek personnel gathered at a local Grid terminal repelled a group of unknown Neutral assailants.

After a short exchange of barbs, the group opened fire on the Omni-Tek people in the area. The defenders then returned fire until the attackers withdrew. The surviving participants said the attackers were lightly armed, and equipped with light but very effective armor. Their weapons did little damage, but their armor was able to withstand the quite considerable firepower levied against it.

The attacking force was not identified, but the defenders did consider the possibility of Dust Brigade involvement as the attackers were heard chanting, "Ashes to ashes. Dust to dust." Several of the defenders expressed concern that it was only a show of force to taunt Omni-Tek similar to the past attacks in Omni-Entertainment. One recalled that the attackers made statements that even Omni-Tek would not be able to protect them from what was to come.

None of the attacking force remained behind to question, so it is unclear to the defenders why they chose to attack a random crowd of people in this common gathering place. It was noted that the Newland Militia guards were neither surprised by nor interested in the attack. Neither the Newland Militia nor Dust Brigade has issued any statements regarding this incident.

I am proud of Omni-Tek to still helps out at Newland - we can't let the Newland Militia have coffee break when innocents are under fire! I hope the guards are yet going to issue a statement on this.
    Anyway, good that we Omni-Tek employees stay sharp since the attack on Omni-1.
    That's me!

Eldor is correct. It warms my heart to see that the citizens of Omni-Tek are indeed prepared. Now that the Dust Brigade has returned, we can no longer afford to drop our guard for even a second! You never know where or when the Dust Brigade may strike again.

Stay vigilant! Be prepared!
    Zack "Eternalforce" Craddock
    Professional soldier of fortune.
    Quote Originally Posted by dustynova
    ahhh Ao where the men are boys the women are men and the leets are very very nervous.

Just wanna say Im proud of the short time it took 40-50 Omni Tek`s to join he battle. It was about 30secs only before Omni`s answered the attack full force
    Proud agent of the Disciples of Omni-Tek

Commissioner of the RKDC

"One should not lose one's temper unless one is certain of getting more and more angry to the end."
    William Butler Yeats

Not bad for Omni's

As a member of the united clans Its refreshing to see that the Omnis are fighting against the traitor to the Clans I Can only hope the these rebels can be brought down fast enough that many of my fellow clans-men and even the Omni that still really do want the best for rubi-ka (of course they're means suck)

This is disturbing...

Benjamin "Fixerben" Bacarella - L212 AL10
    Haywood "Brawlking" Jablomy - L220 AL21

The Brigade on one side and Midia on the other, and what ever there is in the Lands, and some rumblings about something else coming this way.

Yeah, i would call that disturbing indeed.
    "On the frontlines, there is but one commandment...
    Thou Shalt Kill."

"As i stride knee deep through the dead, all is clear. I know what must be done...
    My cause is just...My will is strong...
    ...And my gun is very, very large!"
    The words of a true soldier.

Disturbing? I would say ...... interesting.
    I think you are all underestimating the power of the force we all are. Im guessing we will see these outlawed(by all) getting more and more desperate as they increasingly gaining enemys from all sides. Yes, we, the Omni and the Clan have vast differences. And to some degree the Neutrals too have quarrels with us both. But when these three forces are threatened by a common enemy there is almost no limits to the power we together can muster.

I dont like the Clans. I can never accept them the way they are now. Still, I realize that with them and the Neutrals by our side(or maybe a step behind to our sides) the lands of RubiKa may hold the largest, readiest and most up to date army the Univers may have ever seen.

Brigade, Midia and all other threats I think the time when the tide turns soon will fall upon you. You will be the hunted. You will know what its like to be ambushed at every corner.

Indeed........ I wont let myself be shaken by these "threats".
    I`m in a state of firm belief they will more and more unite us.

It will be very interesting.

Commissioner of the RKDC

"One should not lose one's temper unless one is certain of getting more and more angry to the end."
    William Butler Yeats

Fionnghal having just sent an electronic message to Whispers Edge requestion an interniew, sits down at the cup to read the news. This is her routine every morning since she arrived on Rubi-Ka. The news being an importance to her as a bureaucrat. As she reads the news and sips her tiny espresso, she comes across the news articles on the Dust Brigade. Slowly as she absorbs all the information her face turns grim. After she has read all of it, she shakes her head lightly and half speaking to herself.. half to the bartender or whoever might listen in on idle conversation.. she says "Gods of Saturn.. Don't they understand that violence has never brought about lasting change.. all it tends to do is bring more violence."

She sighs and sips her esspresso. Again.. as if speaking her thoughts to no-one in particular.. "Poor people of Rubi-Ka.. The day for real reform seems so far away." She turns and pays the bartender as she puts away the unit she was reading the news on. "Thank you, and have a Good day.." This time directed at the bartender.. She gets up and walks out of The Cup, hoping that she can somehow help the people of Rubi-Ka in her own small way.

It is important to note that there was considerate questions concerning the possiblity of the Reporters Association to be in league with the Dust Brigade itself.

Beyond these rumors, new rumors have popped up concerning the possiblity of the Reporters Association to in fact be masterminding the attacks in the first place, equiping the Dust Brigade with personal-self grid technology as well as advanced communication hardware, all in order to manipulate news sales RK-wide.

Further investigation is pending into these allegations as no Reporters have come forward to be questioned.

I do not know who you are, Xenotoxic, and I do not care to. I do know that your rumors are completely unfounded. The OTPC, IRRK, and even the FJRK have absolutely nothing to do with the Dust Brigade, I can assure you.

Think the next time you feel like spreading rumors and mis-information; such practice is not wise.
    Zack "Eternalforce" Craddock
    Professional soldier of fortune.
    Quote Originally Posted by dustynova
    ahhh Ao where the men are boys the women are men and the leets are very very nervous.

There were talk about this Xenotoxic just like you say. However, I feel that everyone understood that these were a bit "wild" accusations. Reporter Jots would never do anything like this. The brief moment of total chaos right after the fighting these accusations were made in, simply were to chaotic to take serious. We were lucky that Jots was in the area so he could write his fine report.

Commissioner of the RKDC

William Butler Yeats