Thread: Gala Event to Mark Change in Management at The Cup

Gala Event to Mark Change in Management at The Cup

Gala Event to Mark Change in Management at The Cup
    Frank Levinson McRae

West Athen -- (FJRK) -- On Friday and Saturday, March 26 and 27, Rubi-Ka's most fabled café will be the scene of a gala event to mark the official appointment of Beverly "Lightswift" Puller as Deputy Manager of The Cup on Rimor.

The Cup, a quaint café located in picturesque West Athen, is perhaps best known for its ambient, almost serene atmosphere, and of course for its gourmet coffee. However, since the opening of the Shadowlands portal, business at the once-bustling café has taken somewhat of a downturn.

"The Cup has been a hot spot for the people of Old and West Athen for some time." Ms. Puller explained in a recent interview. "Clans have been using it as a nice relaxing place to have meetings or meet new people. Unfortunately, business has gotten slower with the portal to the Shadowlands opening up. I hope we can change that."

Ms. Puller will officially mark the launch of this campaign of change on Friday, March 26, 29478, by hosting a party of gala proportions at The Cup.

"To celebrate my new position we are having what I call a Grand Reopening party. There will be a live DJ, dancing, and great company to take everyone's mind off the problems outside. I'll be serving food and drinks all night at lower than standard prices."

The first half of the party will kick off at 20:00 Rubi-Ka Standard Time (RKST) and will run until 22:00 RKST, at which time an intermission of sorts will take place in order to give everyone, in the words of Ms. Puller, "a chance to recover." The second half of the party will begin at 02:00 RKST Saturday morning, and will run until 04:00 RKST. There are unconfirmed rumours that Rubi-Ka's premier entertainment organization, Gridstream Productions, will supply the DJ for the event.

For those who do not know Ms. Puller, she was born on Rubi-Ka, in Newland. At the age of 18, young and in love, she moved with her fiancée to Sabulum, where, in 29476, she took up arms for the Clan cause in its battle against Omni-Tek's occupation forces during the Sabulum Crisis.

"I won't go into the dirty details of it all, but after the relationship ended I moved back to Newland for a while, and then here to West Athen, where I took up a job as a waitress here at The Cup." Ms. Puller was employed for almost one full year as a waitress, before aspirations of ownership sparkled in her eye.

"To be honest, it was kind of strange." Ms. Puller began. "Just out of curiosity, I decided to ask the owners how much they'd sell the place for. You know, just in case I ever had the ability to purchase it. They were pretty direct in that they would never sell. Then, out of no where, they told me that they needed someone to take over management, and with my past experience, I could take it."

While The Cup is firmly Clan-controlled and operated, Ms. Puller maintains that members of all factions are welcome.

"My policy has always been that any paying customer is welcome here, as long as they leave their faction at the door." Ms. Puller explained. While this policy of non-discrimination currently governs Ms. Puller's business model for the café, she did state that this is certainly not set indefinitely in stone, saying that, "if it proves not to work, I will change the idea to Clan and Neutral only."

Preparations for this weekend's party are currently being finalized, and while staffing for the event is not deemed to be a problem at this time, Ms. Puller is asking that anyone who wishes to assist with serving contact her for an interview.

As for what may lie in the future for The Cup, Ms. Puller offered the Free Journalists of Rubi-Ka a promising glimpse.

"I am hoping to appeal to the creative crowd, for example, and have things like poetry readings and maybe a fashion show. Above all, I fully intend to welcome everyone back to the little café they forgot."

Shortly after our interview with Ms. Puller, the Free Journalists of Rubi-Ka received reports that a group going by the name of The Syndicate may be plotting to disrupt the evening's festivities, and has full intention to interfere with Ms. Puller's operation of The Cup. However, Ms. Puller assures the FJRK that the event will go as planned.

"They are nothing but a group of thugs who think they can push around the little guy and make wild claims that they know Dust Brigade…obviously they are just looking for attention. They won't be an issue."

*sighs*
    ~Trolls~
    Malcom "Chamaelo" Ashwell - Ex-Immortal.
    Vanguard Adriaan "Demongun" Blackwind - Hermit.
    Jawquez "Jawalooc" Loocazt - Bounty Hunter.
    Michael "Mirkle" Kreble - Creep.
    Christopher "Xelger" Junior - Coffee Maker.

Child Of The Omni - The Boy With The Kitten - Sleepless - The Storm/Breathe - Terminal

"You've just got to keep writing, if that's what makes you happy,
    even when there is no indication anyone is actually reading your work." - Savoy

(ooc) is the party only in RK2 if not ) Ill lend my service as a body gaurd for that party And be on the lookout. And im sure most party goers carry some sort of weapon.......sad world huh.....but still as long as we come prepeapred it will be ok.

(ooc if it is in RK2 only) RK2?

I wouldnt mind sharing some of my rather depressing poetry with people, heh :P

((And yes which dimension, I have characters on both ))

Benjamin "Fixerben" Bacarella - L212 AL10
    Haywood "Brawlking" Jablomy - L220 AL21

*coughs and points to last word in this sentence*

West Athen -- (FJRK) -- On Friday and Saturday, March 26 and 27, Rubi-Ka's most fabled café will be the scene of a gala event to mark the official appointment of Beverly "Lightswift" Puller as Deputy Manager of The Cup on Rimor.
    -Finalizer Vixentrox-
    Former President and Founder,
    -Whisper's Edge-
    Former Member of the Atlantean CoT Clerical Staff

Socializer 73% Killer 53% Explorer 53% Achiever 20%

Kissysuzuki -
    WTB small enough brain and lack of imagination to be able to sit and solo hecklers for 5 days straight.

as general of The Syndicate i would like to say that our little event at the cup is just the start of our mayhem!! people of rubi-ka beware of our wrath. The syndicate is coming.........

Yes, please fight amongst each other. It makes Omni-Tek's job that much easier.

Warm regards and best wishes on your in-fighting efforts,

Like i have noted before the cup was just the start of our mayhem.. soon omni will fall to the feet of The Syndicate.
    please by all means, think what you want, laugh now but we will still be the once laughing and standing strong in the end my fellow people of rubi-ka.......

Ah yes, I see were thugs now. Kinda funny us thugs had your little bouncer on his knees. Oh yeah, considering we bring you'z guys more buisness then anyone else, Id watch it. And the Dust Brigade? We didnt say we know the dust brigade, these are erm..false accu..accu..acusations to uh..ah forget about it. We came to you offering a deal, and you call us thugs? Ive seen some pretty rundown joints in my time, but yours takes the stogie. We could have turned that place around, now we just tear to da' ground. Hope you get some better bouncers next time, well, atleast ones who dont bleed so much.
    Last edited by Sturmfaust; Mar 25th, 2004 at 00:27:21.
    Sturmie "Sturmfaust" Smalls, 220 Enforcer. (Totally the Enforcer on Ninj00's Billboard)
    The Syndicate Join the Family.

First Enforcer on Rimor to declare war on Romania as a whole, not because of their beliefs, but simply because they're different.

In the fine words of Phil Lynott: The boys are back in town.

And as far as I remember the lyrics:

Friday night they'll be dressed to kill
    Down at Dino's bar and grill (In this case the Cup)
    The drink will flow and blood will spill
    And if the boys want to fight, you'd better let them

Stay away, my advice. Or blood will spill.