Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Fixer guide by Fiix

aye

Well first of all i think we both agree that eather solitus or opifex are a great breed for a fixer. Solitus has its advantages and opifex his. In essence its a personal choice. But when i say that opifex is a fixer breed is not really my opinion. What I was trying to say there is that when FC thinks of Fixers thinks of Opifex breed and some future items might be influenced by that. That might be a good/bad thing I just tought to mention it. The reason i got to this conclusion is when i look at some of opifex only times that are coming in 14.5. Who knows maybe the solitus items might be better for a fixer then the opifex ones.

About why i went MCS instead of Sol or Kearan Grinner is because I think MCS/MPS are more easier to find or get then Sol. In the end again is a personal choise. I think MCS is the best damage for a gun thats easy to get. At low lvls if you a big powerleveler like me you got no time to hunt special weapons. Some ppl take it slower and like to experiment and use different weapons then other. But this guide is made more for ppl who wont to go from 1-150 quick and then with all of the xp expand the caracter. Truth is till 150 you don't have the IP to play to much.

After all i have all of them in ql 200 a MCS, Sol, Kearan, and even a Excelent River 6 and in PvP i'll probably use the one that does best damage.

Now in PvM as soon as you can equip a CHS other weapons become secondary only for PvP because CHS is so much better with its 10k FA. Of course 15% scope is an item that is almost neccessary
    Last edited by Fiix; Sep 11th, 2002 at 00:54:21.
    Novice Ozzie Fiix Ozborn

Wait a sec.... Are you reccomending a 14-15% scope over a TIM scope with the CHS? Won't that kill its atk time?
    ~Streaz~
    "Self Proclaimed Fixer God since Jan 2002"

Note: This account was stolen from me by someone I thought I could trust. I didn't realize what was going on untill someone from my guild contacted me and let me know what was happening. Funcom was gracious enough to give the account back to me, the original owner, but the account is deactivated for the time being and my main concern was just getting it out of the hands of an unsavory character. Sorry for the drama.

-Streaz

good question

Personly didn't try it myself. I don't think it will mather much in PvM you will still get decent damage i know cause i was using a 3% scope before I swiched to a 15%. On the 3% scope i was shooting fast but not much crits and i would hit about 2 out of 10 FA will be 10k damage while with a 15% i would hit slower more crits and 7 out 10 FA is 10k plus they are usually not under 7k.

Now TIM scope I didn't try but i assume it will be good for PvM probably better then my 3% cause adds 180 Range Init.
    Also since 15% are so outrageusly expensive TIM is a great substitute.

How does TIM and 15% scope compare in PvP i dunno. Maybe we should test it and see.
    Novice Ozzie Fiix Ozborn

la bump

Fiix, however much longer this discussion goes on (an interesting read, for sure), it's mostly a mix of refinement, opinion, and personal style. This guide ROCKS.
    Dorfone
    Fixer
    XIII Neutral, Rk-2

I was Rambo in the disco
    I was shootin' to the beat
    When they burned me in effigy
    My vacation was complete.

exactly

EXACTLY.

But hey this is maybe good for fixers to exchange ideas

In any case when i was writing it i was trying to explain to some guild friends some basics that will make their fixer very good and not waste IP in the early 150 lvls till they learn more about fixers and how they work so later they don't have to use as many IPR points.
    Last edited by Fiix; Sep 11th, 2002 at 02:44:43.
    Novice Ozzie Fiix Ozborn

Very nice guide, Fiix.

It's not sticky yet, so I added it to the "newbies tips (and others too)" sticky thread.

- schma
    schma

:: schma ran out of cookies on the 4th of march, 2003 ::
    :: Hitched a ride back with the aliens ::

Bump for a sticky
    Clan fixer, Fourth Title

Director of Information
    Analog Myth

Originally posted by Luxxan
    Bump for a sticky
    Working on it

Arg
    Argulace
    President
    Total Aggression Gaming
    Mercenaries of Kai (TAG)
    Chapter I. LAYING PLANS "All warfare is based on deception."

Re: good question

Originally posted by Fiix
    Personly didn't try it myself. I don't think it will mather much in PvM you will still get decent damage i know cause i was using a 3% scope before I swiched to a 15%. On the 3% scope i was shooting fast but not much crits and i would hit about 2 out of 10 FA will be 10k damage while with a 15% i would hit slower more crits and 7 out 10 FA is 10k plus they are usually not under 7k.

Now TIM scope I didn't try but i assume it will be good for PvM probably better then my 3% cause adds 180 Range Init.
    Also since 15% are so outrageusly expensive TIM is a great substitute.

How does TIM and 15% scope compare in PvP i dunno. Maybe we should test it and see.
    The CHS is a PvP gun. Period. If you are going to PvP, especially if you use Grid Armor, you'll need every drop of Ranged Init you can get in order to allow you to drop your AGG settings. Even if you fight at full AGG, the gun is so slow that it is not a good idea to even think of using a crit scope.

If you use a crit scope with the CHS, you are doing yourself a huge disservice.

yes and no :)

Maybe but don't plan to use CHS for PvP. Attack rating too small and since FA has no effect whats so ever on a char with high evades MCS and some other SMGs are better in PvP expecially now with new SMG buffs its harder for a trader to deprive you out of it. And the MCS burst recicles as fast as the burst and the fling of a CHS. Again thats how i see it since I tested it vs some other fixers. About the 15% scope and TIM Highjack is probably right if you are using a CHS. I really have to go to Foreman and get me one and test it. I'm really currious how it works with MCS.

In PvM the CHS has no rival.
    Last edited by Fiix; Sep 12th, 2002 at 18:56:54.
    Novice Ozzie Fiix Ozborn

Well a lot of fixers say mcs is better than chs but from what ive seen fixers do that use chs i decided to start edging toward the chs route.

The highest range you can get a mcs to using a ql 200 yatamutchy scope is 24m(and dont ever plan on using a yalm if you get one of those things on...). You could use a vision enhancer or crit scope but you need every bit of RI for mcs since its a slow gun. Imho chs theoretically should be faster since 2.50/2.50 both speeds are the same and ranged init will reduce it more.

I can't root and shoot well using a mcs. In 2ho im often swapping to the sol after i get MA/agent crit buffs...Feel like a melee class almost..Doesn't help any as well considering most soldiers will coordinate with each other to 'burst the smurf' getting so close will make you an easy target for 2-3 soldiers to all use flashpoint fling/burst on you and even the full auto dmg will add up, insta-killing you. The base range of the CHS is 26m. with simply a yatamutchy scope ql 200 you'd be boosting your range by 50% (RangeInc. 50 on a ql 200 yatamutchy) so 26 + 13 = 39m. Now, i would sacrifice using a yalm with some excepted occasions to have this type of range. 24m is just not enough.

Attack rating or not though, chs still does more damage overall...lets put crits aside for a moment - 1-455 projectile damage, high 800ish attack rating. 1-400 chemical damage, 1100 attack rating.

*Damage types will NOT matter anymore after the bracer nerf. After 140 everyone has corona's MKII armor and until there is some requirement change or new armor introduced with a weakness damage types do not, at all, matter.

*Your damage output with a chs will be made up by the extra 55 statistic damage on the chs.

*you will not be screwed after using burst, because you still have 2 more specials to unload.

*Heck, after 140 ANY gun is good in pvm.

*About LLTS's on chs, it may be a viable idea for 15% llts because of how the VEs and LLTS crit scopes work. LLTS is % chance to crit everytime you shoot, not just hit, everytime you shoot. VE allows a % chance of a crit ONLY when you hit. Thus, a llts makes you more accurate and it makes the full auto more reliable. The speed minus is terrible though. Atleast this is my understanding on the crit nerfs/scope nerf.

I hear that there are ql 400 VEs for the future in the AG database that add 15% critical chance. Since it requires only perception, swapping it in and out could be useful since it is easy to boost perception as a fixer. One could do this now with TIM/8% VE.

After i go chs, i doubt i'll ever go back. I pvp a lot, and it seems triple/double specials are almost required, unless you are using a weapon like the river series 6 which is totally crit dependant.

A fixer friend told me about an idea he had - using an MCS/flashpoint combo...wonder how thatd work.
    "A man is someone who has a cause he's willing to fight for and has a woman in his life he'll do anything to protect."
    -SDI Ssgt. Port, USMC, MCRD Parris Island S.C.

Experienced Stars "Stromm" Nstripes - Retired

Fun stuff: 1 2 3 4 (NEW!!)

Re: yes and no :)

Originally posted by Fiix
    Maybe but don't plan to use CHS for PvP...

In PvM the CHS has no rival.
    Actually, the EXACT opposite is the truth. The MCS is better in PvM, especially against tough boss mobs.

In PvP, specials are key and the CHS has them. Even with a lower attack rating (for example, my attack is 200 less with the CHS) I still do far better with the CHS than an MCS. Even my regular shots are about equal.

Cool .

Well obviously we disagree, but we should not continue it any more. Maybe when I get time and i make my smg implants we can test this out. In any case I'll try to get a TIM scope this weekend if any luck and see how it works i'm really intregued with it.
    Novice Ozzie Fiix Ozborn

I have Tim scope as well as anything neccesarry to test all. I belive SMG line is superior to CHS at PvP that what I experienced and use as my setting. Good for them if the otherway works better for others.

And I have used CHS for a long time to reach this point of belief so its no addiction.
    Lion Strimple aka Sware

How did this thread get soooo unstuck?

Bump.
    Dorfone
    Fixer
    XIII Neutral, Rk-2

I was Rambo in the disco
    I was shootin' to the beat
    When they burned me in effigy
    My vacation was complete.

This one should be sticky no doubt about that.

Now we wouldnt want new fixers to do the same mistakes that I did.

Opifex in Carbo Armour with a Byom Blade and a albrech tank.

wait I did that on purpose.

Eka - Byom Blade Fixer
    Run Buffed Fixers finish fast
    Devgodz on Amnra

Sol Chironis... 900 RI, I can sit at 10% aggdef and still fire 1/1.

Not bad.
    Gunned down the young. Now old, crotchety, and back.

I like my Sol. I'll like it even more soon as I slap on QL 175 imps, my QL 200 Sol (which as, the Lamest Fixer on RK2 I of course bought for some exhoribant amount), and much bigger crit scope.

--K

Woot it got rooted tnx Cz
    Novice Ozzie Fiix Ozborn

Talking I love you guys/gals/neuts

I just want everyone to know how much a noob like me appreciates this thread. I have been playing AO for just a few weeks and I can already tell that I will probably be playing when patch 50.whatever comes out. If any of you fixers on RK1 ever want another fixer for a team I'll be there in a flash (lvl 50 right now) or if you just want to go shoot the ****. Give me a tell.

And for any low lvl fixers like me reading this for the first time. BLITZ BLITZ BLITZ
    I'm Back

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast