Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - October 22nd, 2010 - Update incoming

good stuff, I tried some of the new Alien content on TL, and it's fun!

smex
    I touched Death in a bad place.

My corporate slavery came with a shiny decoder ring.

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    One of my favourite tunes..thanks for the reminder Klod
    You are welcome. And now about that engie doc... ETA?
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

I dont care.
    Asasello, Sottcapo, Ciex, Rychu, Ciek, Zomowiec, Ciekafsky, Rysiek, Chinaski, Libertarian, Propertarian.

- The following daily missions all including kill objectives have been moved from the normal mission handler to the elite handler (different blocker)

* The Subway
    * Temple of Three Winds
    * Biomare (Foreman's)
    * Crypt of Home
    * Mantis Hive
    * Smuggler's Den
    * Deeps of the Mantis Hive
    So I take it this means that we won't be getting these kind of daily missions unless we go to the Elite Handler? Does this also mean that we can do a normal daily, like Embrace of Shadows (find the shiny pile of crap in U-Turn valley) and then also an Elite like CoH (Plug) on the same day?
    Enter the Information Age
    Proc Descriptions

Hunt, and be hunted: The Hunting Grounds | Alien Tower Field :Aliens, that really invade!
    Pet argo management: Servants Protection | Expand the Notum Silo :Make it worthwhile

Rimor
    Tesgri - 220|17|58 (Omni Agent)
    Leara - 220|25|62 (Omni Doctor)
    Ponygirl - 220|25|56 (Omni Bureaucrat)
    Means: "We have done way dumber things than this..."

Quote Originally Posted by farbman View Post
    What do this mean? Exported to work in the new engine?
    Every so often, as you're running around on RK, you'll see a rock hanging out in mid air. Every time I've seen one I generally report it, but given the size of RK there might still be a few around. The distance varies from a couple of feet to over 3 meters up in the air, I've even seen a tree about 40m up from the ground once. Getting these found and straightened out is always a good thing, even if it's in the background compared to other things.

Is the alien daily mission lockout on the same timer as regular daily missions?

From what I recall, on test it is currently.
    Tir Muffin Co-op : Free muffin lovin' for all teh clanners

Now this is a patch i can get behind! Nice fixes and brimming with new content.

Thanks for the turnaround on HHaB, keeping tl6 out of Pande after 7 years of access was never gonna go down well and it takes a brave man to admit he was wrong.
    ALTS: Alienhunter, Moonglum, Quellist, Quellcrist, Jesharet

- The following playfields have been exported without floating objects (like trees and rocks and buildings)

* Aegean
    * Wailing Wastes
    * Milky Way
    * Clon****
    * Coast of Peace
    * Andromeda
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    ... it just means that we've gone through those playfields and done some general cleanup. We had to export them anyway for various changes we've made, so while we were at it we figured it'd be a good idea to run through 'em and get rid of any older floating issues we were aware of. Again, major thanks to Chrisax and his crew for helping us out with locational information on floating objects. =)
    Thanks to you, to Lindelu and to Flaptoot and all the Devs for all the work we did and are still doing together to make AO world cleaner. It has been awesome to work for AO with you and see how dedicated you all are. And it's great to see now 6 first zones fixed.

I can even tell the players community that they will find 2 small camps (nothing special, just scenery, but still) that have been buried for years in Milky Way around 3122.6 1098.4 and 3666.9 856.4.

On a side note, I think that even if all this isn't directly related to the new engine, it's much better if the new engine lands on a world where geometry is cleaner, and the "new players experience" can only be better too.

We're on SL now, scouting and reporting floating or buried objects, stuck points, geometry glitches again. So some more work for you soon. (Uh, Lindelu… could you stop staring at me and playing with this huge gun… you're making me nervous…)
    Chrisax
    MP 220, AL 30, Research 70, active, Born on Rimor
    In AO since 2001
    Founder and elected President of Athen Paladins
    www.athenpaladins.org
    Member of the Clerical Staff of the Council of Truth

Additional note: despite all our efforts it may be possible that a small issue remains somewhere (floating or buried object, stuck point, inconsistencies and glitches,...). Everyone, please feel free to report such issues, if any.
    (Darkbane has a thread open for this on Test Live forums.)
    Chrisax
    In AO since 2001
    www.athenpaladins.org

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisax View Post
    I can even tell the players community that they will find 2 small camps (nothing special, just scenery, but still) that have been buried for years in Milky Way around 3122.6 1098.4 and 3666.9 856.4.
    Is that related to those missions you sometimes pull in milky way that lead you to a big rock formation with no doors?
    Now, one of the reasons we’ve spent the last month arguing about the debt ceiling is that half of the "teabag" Congress signed a vow to never raise taxes. Someone just handed them something and it wasn’t a gun, a crucifix or a fetus — so they signed it. Why? "Because we’re rugged individuals who love freedom. Now excuse us while we sign this document swearing to do as we’re told." --Bill Maher

can't wait for the AI dailies

/me looks around for killroy... hmmm I guess this is one place he missed..

LOL, Cheers!
    --Being Neutral IS a choice, not a failure to make one!--
    Main Character - Doctorval (Advisor of Harmony Rk2)

Quote Originally Posted by quitter456 View Post
    Is that related to those missions you sometimes pull in milky way that lead you to a big rock formation with no doors?

ffffffffffuuuuuuuuuu--

back when i was starting out that was the last rk mish i did before saying "screw this" and refusing to do any more. i hate rk mishes :/

After another week of polishing and tweaking the horribly mis-named "Halloween Update" will be coming to the live servers this Tuesday
    will also see the introduction of the long awaited Sector 7 151-200 Alien Team instance and the introduction on an entirely new AXP daily mission system
    Err, to me it seems premature. The S7 weapons are still out of the drop tables as they are being reviewed again, bosses and other mobs could use more tweeks and various stuff still looks broken or keeps getting changed around every or every other test patch. It just doesn't seem to have settled down to a nice "it's read to go" stage to me. Then last I checked two or three AXP dailies were still out as they aren't ready.

So I'm reading this as "we need the Halloween patch out now and we can always tinker with S7 some more and add the other AXP dailies later." I'm kinda guessing they'll be sending out "come back to AO and here's ___ days of free play time and look at all the cool new stuff we've added" e-mails so want those two things in the patch.

- After a great deal of constructive feedback HHAB will once again be wearable at TL6 but without the full NR modifier.
    Well thank goodness for that.

Thumbs up Our teletubby

Music
    A song dedicated to Rubi-Ka, AO and Means

You're a song
    Written by the hands of god
    Don't get us wrong
    cause this might sound to you a bit odd
    but you own the place
    Where all our thoughts go hiding

And right on Rubi-Ka
    Is where we find them

Underneath its crust
    There's an endless story

There's the man we chose
    There's our teletubby
    And all the things we deserve
    For being such good girls, honey

Because of you
    We forgot the smart ways to lie
    Because of you
    We're running out of reasons to cry
    When the friends are gone
    When the party's over
    We will still belong to each other

(Chorus)
    Underneath its crust
    There's an endless story

There's the man we chose
    There's our teletubby
    For being such good girls, honey

We love you more than all that's on the planet
    Movin' talkin' walkin' breathing
    You know it's true
    Oh baby it's so funny
    You almost don't believe it
    As every voice is hanging from the silence
    Lamps are hanging from the celing
    Like a lady tied to good manners
    We're tied up to this feeling

Underneath its crust
    There's an endless story

There's the man we chose
    There's our teletubby
    For being such good girls

---
    Thumbs up for the Haloween items; the chair, backpack, protest placads and removing the NR buff from HH@B, giving it back to TL6 and S7.
    Thumbs down to the Special Edition Kyr'Ozch weapon profession locks..

But all in all:
    Thank you for listening and happy Halloween

Kind Regards
    -Ariensky
    Humankind can not gain anything, without first giving something in return.
    To obtain; something of equal value must be lost.
    That is the 1st law of equivalent exchange

Rubi-Ka needs: a nickel statue of an astronaut pointing at the sky
    With the description / plate saying:
    When the stars burn out and I find I lack the strength to continue...one of YOU wil pick up the flag and carry it forward.
    This really isn't a corporate product anymore...it belongs to all of us. Where it goes it up to us.

Quote Originally Posted by ArienSky View Post
    Thumbs down to the Special Edition Kyr'Ozch weapon profession locks..
    They removed the weapons last test patch to be adjusted and unless they put them back in with no adjustments they are not available now nor may be available on Tues. when it is to hit live either.

Quote Originally Posted by quitter456 View Post
    These camps are not missions spots as far as I know.

Regarding the "can't find mission spot" concern in MW, only a Dev can answer you. Our "work" didn't involve mission spots. To summarize, it was more "let's find everything that doesn't look consistent or that could cause traveling issues" (I'm still on some traveling issues BTW). So "Floaty", the database system (named after the evil Leet that made all those objects float) only records these kinds of issues, at least so far.

We'll gladly go check missions spots if we can get a list of coordinates, of course.
    Chrisax
    In AO since 2001
    www.athenpaladins.org

After a great deal of constructive feedback HHAB will once again be wearable at TL6 but without the full NR modifier.
    here is a thought, stop making ninja changes and people wont bitch about them.

first in line for my rollback '10 shirt
    what if the hokey pokey?...is what its all about
    I AM BORED!!!!
    Capnsfix, Capncaveman, Denamari, Monkeylips, and boatloads of others
    Insanity inc. still waiting on our in game strait jacket

Quote Originally Posted by Liamboru View Post
    What is the NSD thread view count up to now, like 15x the actual population of AO?
    I lol'ed.
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast