Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Friday with(out) Means - August 13th, 2010: Friday the whatnow?

boop!

edit: NO!! second page jgtrthjgvrfhjdgsajgsk,b ts

well i for 1 think that if the new pf is not tied to the BS as was originaly intended, the BS will become a empty, non running zone, its hard enough atm to get it running in all but t7 and even there if not in prime hours it can sit a long time without running than when it does start half the peeps that signed up have logged off or found something else to do and dont come so it kicks us out
    Proud Advisor of Spartans

Taskersolder Level 220 Soldier
    Taskdoc Level 220 Doc
    Jarew Level 220 NT
    Tasker1 Level 220 Fixer
    Taskcrat Level 220 Crat
    Tasky Level 220 Trader
    Taskmann Level 220 Adv
    Healer01 Level 220 Doc-semi-retired TT dispenser

Funcom employee

One thing I should add in and note is that we *do* want the BS to still be the main source of VP for an individual; we will be adjusting the VP rewards in the new playfield to ensure that our goal of the rewards not overshadowing the amount of VP an individual can receive in the Battle Stations. So while the playfield will maintain rewards and fill in it's own niche, we don't want it to be seen as a greater alternative to receiving VP in the BS.
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    Former Senior AO Designer & Jack of All Trades
    (2007 - 2012)
    ~~ Twitter :: Facebook :: Norse Noir ~~

So, guess I wasan't so wrong afterall.

Cause I almost got crucified on Test for saying that the way that server works doesen't test anything at all...

ATM :

Testing PvM with Test Server feedback will get you easy instances.
    Testing PvP with Test Server feeback will get you imbalanced pvp.

Now that you guys have broken your own rules and tested stuff on live, whats the difference on the feedback ? Way better I bet.

Let me post my petition again :

1. Delete all characters on Test Server every 2 weeks.

2. Motivate people to join Test Server by providing them "phatz" on LIVE server (lets say.. a T-shirt ? ;P )

/rant over

Gratz on the pvp instance , its fun as hell :=]

I vote for making ppl subscribe for BS to enter.. that will spoil my fun, but if all the core pvpeers go to the new playfield i bet BS will be deserted.

Another fun thing would be the mining area in the center randomly spam QL 1-300 Notum chips/Nuggets etc, that would be a funny way to bring pvmers inside to check it out.

Since you're asking for feedback on the BS que, I don't really care if you link the new pvp playfield to the bs que or not. But while you are working with the BS que, could you *please* take people that have logged off out of the que?

It inflates the number of people signed up, and at lower levels causes the bs to run when it shouldn't. That just means that you can't sign up and go about your play session without getting pulled into a bs round that ends immediately.

Thanks!

How about just increasing BS reward since they are running less and less as time goes on? The VP grind is horrible enough as is, and just gets slower and slower as more and more people get sick of BS and/or abandon it for the new playfield.
    Autohead 220/30/70 Solitus Soldier - Synergy Factor
    Auron 220/25 Keeper ::: Shadowslave 220/23 Shade ::: Radius 211/21 Nano-Technician
    Sunza 207/21 Martial Artist ::: Voss 182/15 Engineer ::: Shadowhead 150/16 Agent

How is sector 7 progressing, any ETA on it?
    What's done?
    what's left?

I'm kinda curious
    Don't you just hate this kind of ppl
    http://redwing.hutman.net/%7Emreed/w...rouscranus.htm

nice read

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Racheloblade dropped in to check out the office and look at some of the new stuff we're working on; even got to show him the new engine, despite the fact that Parsed is unfortunately out sick today. Despite a few bugs that have cropped up in the last week or so, he seemed to really like what he got the chance to see - At any rate we now have at least one more person in the world who knows that the thing really does exist.
    engine pix! plz

Insane idea but why not scrape the omni/clan in BS and just have a red/blue side so that bs is always running however many people are in the queue.

Funcom employee

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by zukio123 View Post
    Insane idea but why not scrape the omni/clan in BS and just have a red/blue side so that bs is always running however many people are in the queue.
    We've discussed this internally, but getting it to work is a lot harder than it sounds. Like "make Macrosun cry" territory. So while I won't say we'll *never* go down that road, it isn't a likely possibility any time in the near future.
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    Former Senior AO Designer & Jack of All Trades
    (2007 - 2012)
    ~~ Twitter :: Facebook :: Norse Noir ~~

I stole the engine vid, I couldn't let "that" get published ;p

yes, please keep the new PvP area and BS as separate entities.

I never go to BS, I just dont like the concept, but have have been enjoying the new area quite a lot this week. If I could only enter the new area by being in the BS queue I wouldnt go to either.

1st one writing a stupid running number in his post...

It's Friday the 13th... that must be the reason for my terrible headache, my back-pain and the reason for the excessive garage bill while the car was finished with four days delay (wait, it wasn't the 13th four days ago... hmm).
    Whatever... I didn't see the new playfield yet... isn't anyone offering a job with my actual (or higher) income but the possibility to play AO during work?
    220/26 Shade, 220/26 Enf, 220/26 Crat, 220/25 NT, 220/25 Fix, 220/23 Doc, 217/24 Trader, 214/23 Agent, 200/23 MP, 171/22 Sold, 167/21 MP, 157/21 Eng, 150/20 MA, 150/16 Keeper, 150/13 Adv, 123/2 Fixer

How about making it so that instead of queueing for the BS it will queue them for either the BS or the new PF. Once enough people are queued, the system will randomly choose one or the other. To make things even more interesting do like this:

BS = Omni vs Clan
    New PF = "red vs blue"
    Youtube
    Twitch

AO
    Rakhabit 220/20 Agent FINALLY
    Halfempty 220/16 Engineer/Evade Negator
    Primatene 168/20 Original Doc Twink

TSW
    Myyah "Read" Hawwa
    Shadow Dominion
    Cerberus

Good stuff on the new pvp area I'd prefer it as a bs waiting area with a forced warp in. Hopefully there will be a debuff cleanup when you get warped up if you decide to go that route tho. I got warped into bs from the new area on my sold with everything but nano skills inoperative removed from my ncu when I hit decon. Was no fun...

2nd !
    (page ...).

Okay, now where is the new engine video ? Racheloblade spit out the files stolen with your camera-glasses, already ...

... mhkay, until that i'll have 2 things to say :

- about new PVP playfield : i think doing it totally separated from BS would kinda sucks, and risk is to spread the people more than they already are. also, think how nice that would be to have it instantly accessible esp. when the BS is unbalanced [e.g. 30 people of side1 and 10 of side2 ; at least during the running BS, the 20 waiters of side1 can enjoy the PF & instago BS when slot available]. so my opinion is you're invited to this PF while being in BS queue, and you get the usual invite anyways when BS starts whether you're in ICC or PF. this way you're still free to stay where you are (answer "no" or ignore invite) or be teleported to BS (answer "yes"). at the end of BS you get back to ICC, queue in and go PF until a new slot in started BS is up for you.

- about the Testlive : you should promote it more & also rewrite the Become a Tester page, especially the part "10" saying you need to create a new car, wich isn't true as you can x-fer a toon from a free "Paid Service" (? makes poor sense ...) in account admin. Endly, outta speeding up patching, the "reward" of helping FC to test stuff isn't attractive to lotta players : points only useable on Testlive ? ... there should be a way to improve that without ruining the company incomes (e.g. offer PaidP every X bugsyP, etc).

cyaz next week !
    Last edited by bitnykk; Aug 13th, 2010 at 17:08:43.
    Bitnykk/Bittorrent - young RL of AP & old emissary of CODE

Don't tie the new pf and BS together. Just remove that damn BS, it's just a failed experiment. Remove VP too, make all OFAB cost creds not VP and make PVP daily complete when you die in the new pf.
    /rant off
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii
    So while the playfield will maintain rewards and fill in it's own niche, we don't want it to be seen as a greater alternative to receiving VP in the BS.
    Say what? Only PVMers needs VP. You can remove VPs from the new pf, the amount of people attending it won't go down. The only thing the new pf can do (from a PVMer pov) is turn a BS that rarely runs into a BS that never runs. Can I haz a VP daily (and I'm not talking about a mere 1500 VP) that has nothing to do with BS?

Nice post as always Kintaii

On the new PVP area and BS:

If you want BS to be the main source of VP, then one possibility could be to remove VP from the new PVP area and replace it with something else. The ones that hang out in the new PvP area are people that want to PVP. The ones that go in there for VP mostly complain about being chainkilled by people while trying to loot their VP's. If BS and this new PvP area is kept separate then perhaps it would be a good idea to keep VP separate from the new PvP area as well. Then VP can be the reason why BS is still running, because people will go there for their VP. The new PVP area will also still run even if there is no VP there because, as I said, people generally hang out there just for the PVP.

One alternative way of adding a new PvP playfield like this without making BS stop running completely, is to have the new PF be open like it is now for 1 hour, then closed for 1 hour, then open for 1 hour and so on. All throughout the day, every day. So whenever the new PF is closed, people in there will join BS queue instead. When the new PF is open, BS might still run, it does run at times right now even when the new PF is accessible 24/7.
    Last edited by Wrangeline; Aug 13th, 2010 at 17:07:32.
    Veteran of Equilibrium

Quote Originally Posted by Wrangeline View Post
    Nice post as always Kintaii

One alternative way of adding a new PvP playfield like this without making BS stop running completely, is to have the new PF be open like it is now for 1 hour, then closed for 1 hour, then open for 1 hour and so on. All throughout the day, every day. So whenever the new PF is closed, people in there will join BS queue instead. When the new PF is open, BS might still run, it does run at times right now.

\o/

nice!

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast