Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: *Official* Daily Mission Bug reports

Quote Originally Posted by Uragon View Post
    As there were a few "One Green Hill too hard" kinds of reports, I think I should just state quickly that it seemed rather easy on my Engi (184/185 at the times I did the quest, well equipped) -- pets, area debuffs and bio cocoon made it a very easy experience. Guard on the Slayer and follow / attack on the dog ensured aggro was on the right things.
    Not everyone has blinds, reflects, ACs, coon, etc. etc.

I pulled it on my still fun side project froob MA when he was probably 196. Pretty hard mish. No limber, no AAD perks, no Xuyun, crap heals, mediocre damage, and so on. It was the first mish he ever pulled and after dying twice, said screw it and got my 220 Fixer to destroy every mob for him and a random 170ish doc experiencing the same issue
    Ruffixx, 220/30/66 Omni Opifex Fixer
    Pugilius, 206/30/49 Omni Opifex MA
    Blessedbrawl, 200/0 Omni Froob Opifex MA
    Medor, 199/23/42 Neutral Solitus Doctor
    Vindicius, 189/20/46 Omni Atrox Enforcer
    Evilrilius, 100/10 Omni Nano MP - Foremans Killing Machine

Proud General of Obsidian Order

Quote Originally Posted by Ocene View Post
    Don't know if it's been reported. Using the item to charm the dog while yalmed, will fail, and you will run the 30 mins hostile nano saying that you charmed a dog already. I also think the dog receives a nano making it uncharmable by others, not sure.. anyway after 30 mins I removed the yalm, and looked for a fresh new dog.

BTW, I was surprised we could not use the Trained Dog to redo the quest. I mean, it's in the name, it's trained for it, but can't kill nada? Maybe it's on purpose so that it can't be abused on other types of mobs, or worse, PVP .
    as long as u have the nano in your ncu u still get update on killing balls even without a dog

i did it on my soldier, buffed dog with helepolis of besieger for funsies (-150 rs) that rooted him...so i just killed him and tried killing a ball since i had nothing better to do... and it updated

btw if this is not intended, can FC please buff the dogs runspeed?

Got the mish to pew level 190+ mantises in Smuggler's Den on a level 100ish character. I realise this mish is probably meant to encourage teaming, but 3 or 4 level 100s taking out the mantises in in Smuggler's Den? Seriously? The mission being given to level 100s has got to be a bug.

Ophiuchus : 220/30/80 HAHA etc
    Nahuatl
    :: 220/30/80 Melee 4lyfe
    Khurkh :: 220/30/80 healtankpew
    Transcendence
    Msanthropic
    : 210/26/60 nanostab
    Spidershiva :: 165/23/42 kite? eh?
    Silentmotion
    : 150/20/42 tankthink
    The Union

Quote Originally Posted by Ophiuchus View Post
    Got the mish to pew level 190+ mantises in Smuggler's Den on a level 100ish character. I realise this mish is probably meant to encourage teaming, but 3 or 4 level 100s taking out the mantises in in Smuggler's Den? Seriously? The mission being given to level 100s has got to be a bug.
    You most likely got a mission to pew pew level 100ish mantises. If you go the wrong way, they will be level 190+.
    Eroz, finally 220/26/70 Adventurer & proud General of Regulators on ex-RK2 (outdated) equip
    Rokroland, 170 Engineer No more crab for j00 Northern Front on ex-RK2
    Ranged roxxorz!
    Sig last updated properly when West Athens still had people sitting about the subway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Siahanor View Post
    Complaining about the realism of height changing mechanics in a game that has people who can channel their anger to make huge killer meatballs.

Quote Originally Posted by Uragon View Post
    As there were a few "One Green Hill too hard" kinds of reports, I think I should just state quickly that it seemed rather easy on my Engi (184/185 at the times I did the quest, well equipped) -- pets, area debuffs and bio cocoon made it a very easy experience. Guard on the Slayer and follow / attack on the dog ensured aggro was on the right things.
    I managed it first time on 197 doc but it was touch and go for the first couple minutes of near constant CH/perk cycling. I could see it being a nightmare for a froob though I think some my problem was the shock of being body slammed by the spawns at once. I wouldn't call it easy but it was a hoot once I got settled into a rythym.

Unfortunately, I haven't been able to pull it a second time since the game now only gives me Enigma Dogs.

Which brings up my real question -- are you supposed to get the same mission 3+ times in a row? I can't tell if this is really bad luck on a bunch of toons or working as intended.

Quote Originally Posted by nikkydkhick View Post
    Not sure if this is a bug or just too few mission types at a given level, but my level 145 toon has so far pulled 4 daily missions:

1. Smuggler's Den Crate Mission
    2. Smuggler's Den Crate Mission
    3. Roller Rat Mission
    4. Smuggler's Den Crate Mission

Can you say 'repetitive."
    My lvl 135 fixer had Roller Rats for 1st ever mission, then its been all Smuggler's Den :|

Extraction:

Level 158 Neutral opi advie, morphed kitty. First and second try, lots of bodyguards but nothing else. Third try, only bodyguards again and both entrance and exit had bubble block. Fourth try, found NPC in the same place that there had been bodyguards all three prior times and got through it perfectly fine.

Same equipment and same buffs each time.

Quote Originally Posted by Johael View Post
    Apparently there is more than one hill you can use. My well equipped level 179 enforcer found this mission extremly hard. Had to do two spawns of the hill & kite till bulky got aggro off me, as it is impossible to take on four of them at once solo. Squishy professions, froobs, & new players will have a very hard time soloing this.

The first time I managed to get credit for killing 3 (I think bulky kill steals you) & mission updated, when I targeted Bulky to check it, the mission reverted to it's original state, instead of giving reward, so I had to kill another 3 (bulky might have to be at a certain % of health).
    Strangely, I didn't find it hard on my 183 MA. Maybe because the mobs went down quick, before DoF expired?

Anyways, on my 1st attempt didn't get a credit for one of the kills, so I reset it by zoning out (there's a player city close by) and coming back to the hill.

Still looking forward to getting anything but "place the bomb"

6 times in a row now.

One a green hill was pretty hard at first but second and third time was easy on my trader mezzing all and killing one at a time is easy solution...

Still got prisoners for 4 times I think...
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.
    Ekaslave 220/low Female Solitus Trader, FLAT(TM) pricing TS, almost all can do!
    Ekaros almost there/almost there too Male Solitus Martial-Artist.
    Ekadv gimp/gimp Female Opifex Adventurer

Level 115 enfo
    got Mantis mish 2x in a row, 1st one timed out, went to vendor, bam new 18hr flag
    next pull, same mish, same timeout...same new 18hr flag

this lower mantis mish wouldn't be so bad if the spawns were a tad faster, but taking more 2 hrs just to get the 1st portion done = fail since your fighting for pops with plenty of others.
    Plugsz
    President, Newcomers Alliance 220/30/70 Gun Advy RK1
    Advy Guns since day 1 and damn proud of it
    Manguyver's Foremans/Biomare Services services on pause for now

Hardcorree 200/30/67 Bringing DD and off-tanking to a battle near you.

Level 7 Clan froob pulled lowbie Daily Mission. Its in Bliss with level 40 mobs between Bliss and mission, get in the mission and they're level 25.

There appears to be no level adjustment - character to mobs - when pulled in a daily mission.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorathon View Post
    Wouldn't it be better if all the attributes were combined into one skill called "goodness?"

I finally dinged 175 and got something other than "place the bomb"

But now Im in Longest Road trying to trigger the "one green hill" mission.

From what I can tell from previous posts, the ottous are supposed to spawn when i near one of the logs. But after having run around in circles for 20 minutes teabagging the 3 logs, I can safely say nothing happens.

Am I missing something, or are these mobs on some long spawntimer.

Extended location information:
    - 996.7, 1316.3, 20.1 (996.7 1316.3 y 20.1 795)
    - Pf Proxy: Model=51100:795 GS=0 SG=0 R=795, resource: 795
    - zone: 3736, area: "Nano canyon"
    Server id: 3127, character id: XXXXXXX, time: 2010-05-14 16:09:16 (UTC)
    Version: 18.3.5_EP1, map id: 18.3.5.0_12.05.2010_15.10.39, build: 48821.

Just completed a Daily Mission to hack Omni Basic/Advanced/Superior Shop terminals. Upon returning and talking to the receptionist I recieved the mission complete messages but no SK. All I got was the warning message about not being able to change side after 201.

I had dinged 200 yesterday through doing a Daily Mission (Den Mantis Ravagers).

So I guess my question is..

Will I be able to gain SK on this alt through daily missions now that the system has got past the warning messages?

PS-It might be normal but I swear I was given the warning messages twice.

Edit: Just spent some time to check my system messages:

You will not gain Shadowknowledge until you have made your final choice of side!
    You will not gain Shadowknowledge until you have made your final choice of side!

So I can see why I didn't get SK for this daily mission, due to not having made my choice of side before this. It must be that dinging 200 through a daily mission will not prompt the choice question to show, and therefore stop players at level 200 gaining further SK untill they have made this choice. Whats the work around here? I guess that after hitting 200 you need to go into SL and get some SK, no matter how big or small, to prompt the side choice question. As all Daily Missions are currently on RK I'm guessing killing RK mobs would'nt cause the side choice question to pop...
    Last edited by Tanana; May 14th, 2010 at 20:47:44.

well from quick browse..best solution to daily is get an higher lv alt to "solo" with you ^_=
    "Don't think...feel, it's like a finger pointing towards the moon"

Quote Originally Posted by Tanana View Post
    So I can see why I didn't get SK for this daily mission, due to not having made my choice of side before this. It must be that dinging 200 through a daily mission will not prompt the choice question to show, and therefore stop players at level 200 gaining further SK untill they have made this choice. Whats the work around here? I guess that after hitting 200 you need to go into SL and get some SK, no matter how big or small, to prompt the side choice question. As all Daily Missions are currently on RK I'm guessing killing RK mobs would'nt cause the side choice question to pop...
    That's pretty much correct. After dinging 200, the first thing that would give SK will cause that prompt to appear, but you won't get that SK even after answering the question. I can imagine how annoying that is when the question is triggered by such a large SK gain. There's a "Shadowknowledge question" option in the settings window, disabling that might give you SK straight away. Or it might lock you to 200, haven't tried

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixOfAges View Post
    With Dark Ruins DOJA chips the mission to turn the chip in gives you a mission location as to where to go. The new ones they added don't, be nice if they did for those that don't know where she's at.
    This. No waypoints = lots of confusion. Fix them. please.
    Eroz, finally 220/26/70 Adventurer & proud General of Regulators on ex-RK2 (outdated) equip
    Rokroland, 170 Engineer No more crab for j00 Northern Front on ex-RK2
    Ranged roxxorz!
    Sig last updated properly when West Athens still had people sitting about the subway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Siahanor View Post
    Complaining about the realism of height changing mechanics in a game that has people who can channel their anger to make huge killer meatballs.

One Foggy Hill.

Firstly, it was confusing to arrive at the place with a lone Sprout up and nothing happening when I enter the shrine. Even though I had read the reports of this and the green hill mish, and having a mission marker, I had to check the zone for other possible locations to make sure I was at the right place.

Second, the sprout kept KSing me. Out of the first spawn, I got only one Dark Enigma kill. On second attempt I mezzed everything, including the sprout. This proved to be not very easy, since one of the Dark Enigmas had DoTed the sprout, which broke the mezz on it, and it then proceeded to attack the Dark Enigma. Fortunately it did not have aggro on the others, and I was able to wait for the DoT to end and then mezz the sprout (I wasn't sure what it would do if I attacked a Dark Enigma while it was around).

For the first problem, I suggest increasing the number of spots for doing the mish and having the system actively avoid sending two players to the same spot at the same time. For the second, please make it so that mob damage isn't counted at all when determining loot rights (and thus kill credit) in these missions. Out in the wild the current behaviour is ok, as it prevents players from exploiting various guards to kill hard mobs for them.

One Foggy Hill.

first round, kill 3 Dark Enigma. have no calms so the Enigmas killed the Sprout. kills done, newmission tab the Sprout. respawn after 10minutes, tab done, new missi kill 3 Dark Enigma...
    loop.
    also without a dying sprout it gives the loop.

I tried returning to Longest Road today, but im still out here utterly alone with nothing apparant to do.

How exactly am I supposed to complete "One Green Hill"? How am I supposed to spawn the mobs in the first place?

Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast