Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: New Engineer Nano Changes!

So how will NSD, divest/plunder and all other nano skill debuffs affect an engineer after this? Is it intendedtm that engi's won't have their pets go OE anymore?
    Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with...

My pvp stats: Duel wins: 945 / losses: 368 - Solo kills: 5632 / team: 7511

My org mate: Solo kills: 24 933 / Team: 683

The way I'm reading it with the fact that self blockers now only have a 1 sec cast time and a 40 second lock out that means every 40 seconds if my blockers are about to be ripped I can just cast a new nano.

If that is the case seems fine to me as it promotes a more proactive defensive toolset.
    Brofist 220/30/70 Engineer
    Techbro 220/30/70 Nano-Technician

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by eroz_c View Post
    The agent concern is quite valid too. Does FP engineer convert nano skills to tradeskills now?
    As we've said before, the concept of Agent Mimics will be changing very dramatically in the rebalancing efforts - This is not something we have forgotten. =)
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    Former Senior AO Designer & Jack of All Trades
    (2007 - 2012)
    ~~ Twitter :: Facebook :: Norse Noir ~~

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    As we've said before, the concept of Agent Mimics will be changing very dramatically in the rebalancing efforts - This is not something we have forgotten. =)
    Answer my question! Will we be able to manually refresh self blockers just by recasting the nano since it has a 1 sec cast time?

Edit: Re looking at the documents I see the 480 absorb portion of the self blocker nano refreshing, but not that actual blockers part, I was under the impression that self blockers would still auto refresh but team ones would no longer.
    Last edited by Brofist; Nov 12th, 2010 at 18:57:17.
    Brofist 220/30/70 Engineer
    Techbro 220/30/70 Nano-Technician

Quote Originally Posted by Brofist View Post
    The way I'm reading it with the fact that self blockers now only have a 1 sec cast time and a 40 second lock out that means every 40 seconds if my blockers are about to be ripped I can just cast a new nano.

If that is the case seems fine to me as it promotes a more proactive defensive toolset.
    Yes/no the blocker caster has a 40s lockout, but the blockers refresh every 30s

........... I think, I"m not sure all the sudden this document is kinda confusing.
    "A whole new place to run around for ages in then die suddenly without warning."

"I know who coded pet pathing... and when I see him I say "/follow" and I start waling in to walls :P"

The "Trolls" option is incorrect. The term trolls is not used to describe the gathering of information on the Internet.

<@Kintaii> L2P

Well, this is a complete joke.....The amount of stupid **** in this thread is mind boggling
    Devil Inside
    Demon Inside

^ It's okay, we get to buff NP now.
    Nerf 219 Shadow lurking Agent
    Markerz 220 Scented Engineer
    Cruellia 164 Villain Bureaucrat
    Bender 76 Shiny metal Agent

Tradeskills: Engineer nanos will now require tradeskills to cast instead of nanoskills. This allows Engineers to be able to focus their IP better, as well as freeing up IP expenditures in the future. It's important to note that as the itemization parts of the rebalancing work have not been detailed/released yet, we will be accommodating this new method of casting nanos in the Engineer's toolset beyond just nanoprograms.

Tradeskills needed to cast nanos are as follows: Quantum Physics, Weapon Smithing, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, and Chemistry. You may notice Tutoring listed in the nano document, but this will not be utilized for nanocasting going forward.
    Maybe you could elaborate on this?

From the document it seems not all nano lines use tradeskills.
    Wich nanolines do?
    What nanoskills are being replaced by tradeskills?

It would be helpfull if we could get a general feel of where you guys want to go instead of hitting us whit some pink sheets of excell....

Alien hunter Shinya - nano engi
    In progress Rhinoceros - Atrox crat
    Rerolled - Spaceboy - Now neutral fixer
    Nearly there Tentonhammer - Former Squad Commander of Black Faction Take care out there guys

Quote Originally Posted by tentonhammer- View Post
    Maybe you could elaborate on this?

From the document it seems not all nano lines use tradeskills.
    Wich nanolines do?
    What nanoskills are being replaced by tradeskills?

It would be helpfull if we could get a general feel of where you guys want to go instead of hitting us whit some pink sheets of excell....
    From the doc I am looking at all nano lines use tradeskills, please point out any that are not.
    "A whole new place to run around for ages in then die suddenly without warning."

"I know who coded pet pathing... and when I see him I say "/follow" and I start waling in to walls :P"

The "Trolls" option is incorrect. The term trolls is not used to describe the gathering of information on the Internet.

<@Kintaii> L2P

I have taken a deeper look at the document and I really like it. Continue to insult me ingame for it, I don't care. I like it.
    Especially that my request for beeing able to buff froobs with +125 tradeskills has been granted. Thanks for that.
    I am pretty sure that this will be some interesting setups we can tinker with once this hits testlive or even live. I am looking forward to it.

And also the new players will have a lot of benefits from it. As I just did hit 200+, I can remember how hard it was to keep ME/WS/QFT up to date to be able to trim my pets.
    While speaking about trimmers, I could not find any changes here.
    Kintaii, will trimmers get a rework too in the future? For example displaying a buff how long the trimmer lasts? Thanks.
    Happy employee of the Omni Tek corporation.
    I am destruction. I am creation. I am Engineer.
    Free Tradeskill Services on RK1. Includes AI Armor.

AOMover | AwesOme Script
    Open Source Licenses, enjoy your freedom

Having a strictly mid-level PVM engi myself, the concept of downgrading the duration to 2 minutes, reducing the range from 35 meters to 1 meter, not downscaling the amount of nano required to cast in an equivalent manner to time reduction and then reducing our blinds does kind of suck. I am not one to go /afk while in missions, so now it seems that I will have to, 1.) run up to my pets and rebuff them if the fight takes longer than 2 minutes instead of staying back a bit and 2.) having to ensure that I recharge my nano pool more often and 3.) hope the reduced blind is enough to keep any other mobs from killing me.Is that about right or am I missing something? I am not trying to be negative, just want to make sure I understand what my future state will be.

Next, I assume by Kintaii's comment about (items) that all the gear that we have collected to buff MC/TS and such will also now buff EE/ME and so on?

The 1m thing is that you dont have to target a pet to cast it, just cast it and it will land on a pet within 40m.

<@Kintaii> L2P

Oh Boy, Okay, here we go...

Tradeskills: Engineer nanos will now require tradeskills to cast instead of nanoskills. This allows Engineers to be able to focus their IP better, as well as freeing up IP expenditures in the future.
    This is even more ridiculous than the first draft of Enf docs. Now, I understand the logic behind it, and if this were a new game, it'd be great. But it's not. We already have very well established setups that work.

As an engineer who is both a top damage-dealer AND able to craft anything currently ingame, this change brings very little benefit to us in the way of IP savings to justify the change now.

For further reference,

This is my usual combat setup, and this is what my Tradeskills tab looks like. And I only have to swap HUDs (NCU/Reasearch/Alb Enhancer) from that to buff. Nothing more.

This is
    my general walk-around-and-make-stuff equip
    and Tradeskills. I can craft 99% of items ingame like this. Only 250ish+ mutated clumps require more swaps and 5-gems aruls send me to the HQ machine.

I'm looking at the casting reqs on the new nanos, and I am very concerned this change will mean more swapping to buff...aaargh.

Seriously, please, stop trying to appease the tradeskill monkeys and lazy wannabes. They don't care enough about actually playing the profession anyway.

It's important to note that as the itemization parts of the rebalancing work have not been detailed/released yet, we will be accommodating this new method of casting nanos in the Engineer's toolset beyond just nanoprograms.
    And damnit it better be worth it.

Tradeskill Buffs: New composite tradeskill buff nanos have been added for all level ranges of Engineers. The Rubi-Ka tradeskill buffs have received Nano Programming as a buffed skill, and other buffs have been improved (Chemistry, Breaking & Entering).
    Where's the Psychology buffs? I'll give credit where it's due, you guys finally acknowledge that we (and traders) are the de facto tradeskilling profession(s). If you really want to help us, lightening our burden on this dark-blue, poorly-buffed IP sink of a skill that is of absolutely no use to us personally is a GREAT way to do it.

Weaponry Buffs: New Ranged Energy and Shotgun buffs added. New combined lower-level weaponry buff; total amount of Pistol buffed remains the same as pre-rebalancing, amount of Grenade buffed has been improved. Extreme has been added to the Pistol buff line - We will most add a dedicated Grenade buff nanoline in the future as well.
    That's a little out of left field, but I like it.

Pet Procs: There are three new lines of pet procs: One which deals additional damage, one which taunts and debuffs reflect, and one which debuffs AR (the fullscreen 'blind' effect will be removed in the future). Only one of these procs may be active at any time and will be cast on both pets automatically. The proc has a 100% chance to land on hit - When the pet hits, the proc will go off without fail.

Pet AoE Snare: New nano. When activated, all active Engineer pets will cast a 20m AoE snare program.
    Being able to debuff the mobs that are attacking us but not attacking back yet is a HUGE part of our survival ability. We desperately need the AOE blinds to stay, even if it's in this new one-pulse form.

That's all from me for now. I'm still just waking up, so...yeah.
    Last edited by MajorOutage; Nov 12th, 2010 at 19:45:25.
    Because Race Yalm

Quote Originally Posted by Kari View Post
    New dog from Scheol. OK you really do hate us :P
    In that light, are the two nanos (lesser min becomes mini and mini becomes new dog) still going to be Scheol quest rewards? I can imagine that the answer is yes, but that is only because I am of the opinion that the people who get to decide have not set foot in Scheol in quite some time.
    Liamboru 220 Engineer - Brianboru 220 Soldier - Padraigboru 150 Soldier - Tadghboru 60 Engineer - Cormacboru 15 Engineer
    ...and ofc, the army of buff hoes
    ------------------------------------
    PvPDood: Hey, come back and duel me again, I hardly ever get to fight a gimp like you! - Get a /tell like that and it sort of makes you want to evaluate what you thought was a twink!

Walker
    : Anarchy! Anarchy! Anarchy! Anarchy!
    Texas Ranger
    : I don't even know what that means, but I love it!

Quote Originally Posted by Tazalanche View Post
    In the past I had given up on playing an engie because I had the option of a tradeskiller or a leveling/playable toon.
    No, no, you really didn't. You just couldn't figure it out. Now we all have to suffer for that. Thanks.
    Last edited by MajorOutage; Nov 12th, 2010 at 19:50:27.
    Because Race Yalm

Quote Originally Posted by Technogen View Post
    Yes/no the blocker caster has a 40s lockout, but the blockers refresh every 30s

........... I think, I"m not sure all the sudden this document is kinda confusing.
    Eh could you find out? If casting refreshes the blockers that means it's a slight improvement over how they currently work. If it doesn't it's a fairly big nerf. And I need to find out if I should be pissed off or not

Quote Originally Posted by Liamboru View Post
    In that light, are the two nanos (lesser min becomes mini and mini becomes new dog) still going to be Scheol quest rewards? I can imagine that the answer is yes, but that is only because I am of the opinion that the people who get to decide have not set foot in Scheol in quite some time.
    The 1st shrink nano, the -25% one has turned into the new dog, so if you have completed that quest you will have a new dog instead of -25% shrink. The second nano the -50% shrink is the same as it currently is.

<@Kintaii> L2P

Quote Originally Posted by Phargus View Post
    Eh could you find out?
    I am trying to find out but I have not been able to yet, I will update everyone when I find out.

<@Kintaii> L2P

Quote Originally Posted by Technogen View Post
    The 1m thing is that you dont have to target a pet to cast it, just cast it and it will land on a pet within 40m.
    Thanks for clearing that up!

Quote Originally Posted by MajorOutage View Post
    No, no, you really didn't. You just couldn't figure it out. Now we all have to suffer for that. Thanks.
    Historically doing tradeskills while at a lower levels has been a pain in the rear.

This should not result in more swapping for engineers, we get more support for tradeskills than nanoskills, prof in the fact that you can currently with less IP into your TS than Nanoskills, buff up enough to make anything.

Stop whining and look over things, Items have yet to be changed and items like the Nano Controller Unit will be addressed when the item changes are made.

<@Kintaii> L2P

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast