Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: The old servers?

... because it would help keep that population from leaving the game as they would be consolidated with RK1.

You are familiar with the processes and reasons one would do it? For example, that RK3 does not have critical mass but they would with RK1?

Sure, combining the RKs wouldn't be such a bad idea I guess to get the population up. But I don't see how making a new RK that has an even lower population than RK3 has right now would do the game any good. Not only would it have the maint costs of RK3, but it would also bring even less money back in. And that sounds like a good idea... How?

Unless you want even worse customer service and ads forcibly enabled at all times for everyone. But I don't know if it could pay for itself even then, unless everyone who plays in it would have to pay double for it than they pay for regular AO with expansions.

And when I said "lowest pop servers" in the last post, I meant RK3 alone. Because RK3 isn't just one server as it consists of a bunch of servers . Dunno why I said "servers" instead of "server" cuz I thought it might cause a bit of confusion. So I probably should have elaborated on it... But I did now!
    Executing Nano Program: Gift of Assurance. Target has not enough nano controlling units (NCU) left. Swordbreaker: Not enough NCU. O_o Fixichong: FFS Fixichong: ive failed as a fixer Fixichong: i quit

One of the first of those people who put the Infused Dust Brigade Engineer Pistol (2,7k ME/EE making req) + Infused Master Engineer Pistol on the same Engineer before any updates that fixed anything (including the original sync issues inside the DB instance), lolz!11

How many people left because of SL, hate it even now? How many would come back for another go at it without SL and the other expansions?

... and when you are 100% sure that is less than the population of RK3, tell me the length of a piece of string while you are at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenshai View Post
    How many people left because of SL, hate it even now? How many would come back for another go at it without SL and the other expansions?
    Less than a dozen? Who knows. Probably not a whole lot, unlike what you seem to think. Those who have left have left for more likely other reasons than just cuz they didn't like an expansion.

And I'm a living example of the type who would've left the game without the expansions (being a froob was like having a second job). So it works both ways.

... and when you are 100% sure that is less than the population of RK3, --
    I guess it's you who should first bring up evidence of there being more people who'd play on an RK only server than people who play on RK3.
    Executing Nano Program: Gift of Assurance. Target has not enough nano controlling units (NCU) left. Swordbreaker: Not enough NCU. O_o Fixichong: FFS Fixichong: ive failed as a fixer Fixichong: i quit

One of the first of those people who put the Infused Dust Brigade Engineer Pistol (2,7k ME/EE making req) + Infused Master Engineer Pistol on the same Engineer before any updates that fixed anything (including the original sync issues inside the DB instance), lolz!11

How does auno know the population on RK1 and why doesn't it work on RK2 and RK3? For all you know there might only be that dozen online on RK3

How does auno know the population on RK1 and why doesn't it work on RK2 and RK3?
    Dunno. Probably because the person who owns the site couldn't be assed to make it for RK2 and RK3, too?

For all you know there might only be that dozen online on RK3
    And for all you know there might be a whole lot more. That's not evidence of RK3's low population. "For all you know tooth fairy might exist."

Conclusion for this? Nothing, waste of time.

*Bump*

The conclusion is that you're asking for FC to merge servers so they can lose MORE money on their then-obsolete server farm that was used for RK3 rather than possibly lose some due to running RK3 as it is.

Currently, running three servers.

Afterwards, running two ... (merging all three for fairness. )

Been playing a bit more on RK1, it does seem a bit more empty than RK2.

Been playing a bit more on RK1
    Do RK2 a favor and stay there.
    Quote Originally Posted by kesh View Post
    I heard black troxes have a huge nothing.
    Berinda: Assault rifle

Wenona: SMG

-
    --
    ---
    ----
    -----
    ------
    -------
    --------
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    bump it up!

-=Jobe Whompa A Place Called Home!=-
    "What would you do if you knew you could do anything? As an NT you shall not ph33r what is to come but what you can acomplish."

Creator Of The Anarchy-Online Gatherings.
    *2005*[Borealis]*2006*[ICC Platform]*2007*[Baboons] *2008*[LushFields Resort]

Quote Originally Posted by Berinda View Post
    QFT

And of course, for Jenshai's server that only will have at most a couple of teams worth of people making it even worse an endeavor financially than RK3, there should be no LFT window because it came after SL, just the LFT channels. And of course, as per the original intent, anyone should be able to PvP with everyone, meaning that a TL1 or 2 guy accidentally flagging up or running through a 25% zone can be ganked by a TL6 guy! And so on and so on!

Yay for FC ending up cancelling AO as unprofitable if they ever did something as stupid as this!

Quote Originally Posted by Berinda View Post
    bump
    Villagebike - 220/22 Metaphysicist - Rebuilding
    Fyxi - 220/25 Fixer - Schtuff
    Nullnvoid - 164/6 Keeper - Supahgimp
    Skrappy - 150/2() Agent - wtb axpeh pl0x
    Irolldadvlol - 60/2 Adventurer - Ubahgimp

Quote Originally Posted by Means
    "FC Nerfsquad" When I have that made into a t-shirt I'll give you full credit.
    Join Primal Instinct in Age of Conan
    give it some love

Quote Originally Posted by Zudahh View Post
    ... there should be no LFT window because it came after SL, just the LFT channels.

Yay for FC ending up cancelling AO as unprofitable if they ever did something as stupid as this!
    Hello thick head, try reading. I can see I will have to post this on every page:

fr00b != pre-SL

Very simple, server is the SAME as it is now, however, expansions are disabled.
    oh and ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Zudahh View Post
    And of course, as per the original intent, anyone should be able to PvP with everyone, meaning that a TL1 or 2 guy accidentally flagging up or running through a 25% zone can be ganked by a TL6 guy! And so on and so on!...
    Wrong server troll, go !reroll now.

Bump
    Formerly Vhab.
    Once upon a time ruled a server. And then sold out. Sorry.

fr00b != pre-SL

Very simple, server is the SAME as it is now, however, expansions are disabled.
    So you basically want to play a froob without seeing any cities or towers? Wouldn't it be vastly easier to implement a client-side toggle for that? (You'd have solid air around cities and tower sites though)

EDIT: Okay, it just occurred to me that you might mean the server code to be the same as now, with all bugfixes, but the database taken from the original version. Is that it?
    Last edited by Mikenche; Aug 7th, 2008 at 16:36:47.

Server the same as the ones we have now but everyone does not have expansions.

Just think about it.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast