62 8.55%
  • New Shadowlands Mission

251 34.62%
  • Towerwars changes

244 33.66%
Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: You decide, first edition!

Quote Originally Posted by Macrosun View Post
    Now that the 18.7 branch is getting really close to a “testlive” state ...
    How do i vote "focus on 18.7" ?

Option 2 and option 4.
    But since only pvpers and vets spend all there time complaining on the forums, pvp will win. What a dark world we live in.

option 1 and 5 everyone will still come back and complain about it.

honestly, more than likely the pvp option will win because the pve population will be split amongst the other 4 options. Regardless, any improvement is better than none.. they all need to be done technically.
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

And id imagine all will be done over time, but the discision is about what happens first?
    Metafly7 220/30/70 "E"

Advfly7 170/19/42 "E"

Proud member of ~Spirit~ Rubi-Ka Atlantean

Anarchy proves this quote wrong: "War would end if the dead could return." ~ Stanley Baldwin

I like all the ideas, but had to choose one so I chose randomly.
    Towerblock, 220/30/70 Engineer
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

I couldn't find the 'Outlaw multiboxing' alternative. So I just hit a random bttn.

To the optimist, the glass is half full.
    To the pessimist, the glass is half empty.

To the engineer,
    the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

New SL missions for me. No more constant inf missions would be a godsend.
    Deadfroobs - 18 agent- Work in progress
    Reidsangry - 30 enf - Work in progress
    Reidsmp - 76 mp
    Reidsagent - 95 agent/enf
    Reidsdrainz - 114 agent
    Reidscrat - 161 crat
    Reids - 218 crat
    Reidventurer - 220 advy
    Reidsma - 220 MA

Hm.
    I am going to give a hit to the aoforum from my ip for the 1st time since merge 'cause my good friend jihnna asked me post an opinion and i promised i would.
    1- No ty, yet another doc enfo crat soldier and 2 of the "other things which hit the boss for damage values" instance which following the example of the gauntlet instance will introduce to the game world much needed,carefully designed and balanced items like say a ring that adds 75 aad/aao,30 to nanoskills, 40 to all damage types, 3 crit decrease/increase, 15% reflect and double cheese, forcing people like me to log on and do nothing for the next 3 years but show people who log to play once per 2 weeks and dont wanna pay LR to those who make more profit out of the game than you, the owners of it, how to do that instance isnt needed....at all.
    2 – No ty. Public raids do nothing but flag poor enfos and even poorer docs who try to do what they must do as part of playing the public raid, catering to those who 14 years after still think its funny to "pwn the noobs" who attend public raids/open playfields and go mr perk a enfo who is clearly ready for pvp while tanking a 300 level boss and 15 adds and is generally pre-occupied with keeping 60 people alive.
    3- If that will fix the "i lose agg for reasons unknown and fully heal" bug/whatever then yes plz -finally- do.
    4- Instead of going through all that....how about you fix penumbra missions and have them give real rewards to people over 190 level and maybe maybe MAYBE people will go do those again. What possibly can you ever make in the shadowalnds that can compete as "part of the levelling process" with "ding 159 in ely in 2 days, kill 20 hecks with 220, pass pen, wtb ice golem PST, kill golem afk even with a 200 twink, /follow your 220 in inf mish" that everyone does all these years (oh i am sorry, everyone BUT the people in this forum). So you will release once again, optional material for "the bored and the weird" who wanna spend 1 year farming with 5 220s the money and gear to equip a 115 toon to go kill ...scheol mobs for 2-3 levels worth of reward and add in their signature "first 100 level nanomage mbc keeper to kill big kolaana in scheol quest" . Why not. It's clearly essential.
    5- 2014...towers...maybe some historical re-enactment u mean ? "And here you see what people did to equip a intelligent symbiant before we added 400000 items who made towers obsolete for all but 1-2 breeds-profs-slots"
    Gabrielpeter, Organlegger, Ypexwde, Findnkeeper, Sp.icecaravan cause apparently sp.ice gets censored oO, Strpb, Xasomerhs, Wtbhoardcure, Hasomeris, Panzerwerfer, Wurfrahmen40, Stabilizer, Stukazufuss, Hohoikilledu, Aimedslaps and some 40 more paid and froobs. Probably the last AO player from Greece for quite a while now...

Tower war changes.
    Mcbtj 220/30/70 Adv
    Mcbtk 220/30/70 Fixer
    Syntactician 220/23/70 Doc
    Clyptica 170/24/42 NT
    Fluffydeer 60/6/14 Enf
    SPIRIT

Tower wars changes up in this btch

Well I hope you can check the ip for each vote, since anyone with multiple accounts, can login multiple forum accounts, and vote as many times, as accounts they have.

kinda makes this whole poll idea useless if not.

I vote shadowland missions, as long as you guys revamp pen and ado missions as well as inf.
    Last edited by crimson; Apr 8th, 2014 at 02:28:43.
    †IC XC†
    †NI KA†

Littlepistol 200/30/52 MP
    Idontknowu 220/30/70 MP
    Kurratica 150/20/22 Crat

“Political language ...is designed to make lies sound truthful and murder respectable, and to give an appearance of solidity to pure wind.” -George Orwell

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

1. Tempted by new instance...Again if this wins please please please make the new loot "lateral" as suggested by Kazeran. I don't think this will really be that satisfying, however, when you look at how quickly people tired of Gauntlet, etc. and were complaining that there was "no new content" to do. Either this kind of thing comes around very regularly or you should focus on other stuff.

2. Maybe there isn't enough info about this monthly boss thing, because I'm not sure at all what would happen. What would be the rewards? Would they happen just once a month, so you'd have to be logged in at a certain hour? That would kill it for many.

3. Pathing, as someone said, is something we've all adjusted to and should be a last priority. A minor annoyance.

4. A new mission type? When you say "the old inferno missions would be less wait and more play" then I really don't care what the alternative is. I never, ever want to go back to the days of waiting for docs to log in to sk.

5. I don't participate in tower wars because I hate them. If there is a shred of chance that you could make them interesting, I'm all for it. I voted for this despite being a pure PvM player.
    General of Nocturnal Fear
    Trypha 220/30/70 Engy | Trypothecary 220/30/69 Doc | Tryptophy 220/30/68 Crat | Trypocalypse 220/30/70 Sold | Tryharder 220/30/68 NT | Trypointy 220/x/x Shade | Peasantry 200/30/69 Keeper | Trycharm 150/20/42 Crat

Personally 1st seems best option to me.

Time limited content isn't very nice, if it's like Halloween, Christmas or Anniversary it's just a grind after first time and not something to be done at leisure...

Pathing might be good option if it fixes issues like hyper-HD and allows mobs not to be stuck until server reset. Though I'm not sure if massive efforts are needed.

SL missions really depend on balance you are going for in future. Where do you want to give people opportunities to grind the XP and SK. Simplest way would probably be to lock the difficulties of missions regardless of rollers level and add reward to pen.

Towerwar updates are waste of dev-time, unless you make it PvM content ;D
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.
    Ekaslave 220/low Female Solitus Trader, FLAT(TM) pricing TS, almost all can do!
    Ekaros almost there/almost there too Male Solitus Martial-Artist.
    Ekadv gimp/gimp Female Opifex Adventurer

Why do all the new things have to be new player experience and end game stuff. Why not mid level encounters to encourage people to not sit at kite hill all day? or just nerf the hell out of heckler xp.

Quote Originally Posted by crimson View Post
    Well I hope you can check the ip for each vote, since anyone with multiple accounts, can login multiple forum accounts, and vote as many times, as accounts they have.

kinda makes this whole poll idea useless if not.

I vote shadowland missions, as long as you guys revamp pen and ado missions as well as inf.
    That's a dam good idea, thanks.

darknightt, I have been asking the same thing, but Since the whole play-style of AO is now lvl as fast as possible to lvl 220, they dont see the point in any other lvls.

Quote Originally Posted by Traderjill View Post
    honestly, more than likely the pvp option will win because the pve population will be split amongst the other 4 options. Regardless, any improvement is better than none.. they all need to be done technically.
    Dam you are right. The PVE vote wins but they are split. The Devs are so cruel.

Love your work Macrosun. Here is my opinion on the choices offered.

Option 1: New Instance
    A new high level raid instance for the Pyramid of Home which will feature two new and difficult and unique bosses and new high level loot. This instance will be a challenge for players who have seen and done it all, and is meant for level 220 players.
    Unless there was some unfinished work from years ago, this will entail a LOT of time and effort, even re-using some already existing textures (recycling mob and just renaming them). 220's will expect better equipment and as it is with the current items there is no balance... why make more items which will add even more work to a rebalance which was promised years ago.

Option 2: Monthly Boss Events
    Design and implement one boss encounter per month. Every month would bring a new world boss with unique boss only available from the event. To receive the reward, you would simply have to join the raid, and every month would bring a different reward. These events would be of a relatively small scope since there would have to be 12 of them.
    This, is an excellent idea, other MMO companies do this to maintain interest on their titles across the entire year (Perfect World does this a lot on most of their titles which is why I play STO). If this idea would have been implemented in 2010, I feel that the retention rate of players would have been higher. Of course the rewards would be mostly... cosmetic items, like a new cool vehicle, or some set of clothes or pet, or item which does not affect PvE/PvP.

Option 3: Pathfinding
    Upgrade the pathfinding system to improve the quality of NPC pathfinding. The first deliverable would be to change and improve the data used by the current NPC pathfinding, with the end result of NPCs getting stuck less (This includes pet pathing). If the initiative is a success and this option is picked, there will be a possibility to continue improving this system in following "You decide" editions.
    This option concerned me... it told me that you certainly have the skill to improve something which has been an issue (on and off) since the game came out in 2001. If you can do it, I would expect it to be on your current "to do" list, not on a "let's vote for what we do next" list.

Option 4: New Shadowlands Mission
    Create an alternative to standard inferno missions or heckler killing. We would make a new mission type for the gardens with focus on team play. This mission should give the same reward regardless of level.
    As part of this initiative, we would also investigate if we could base the xp reward amount on the mission level and not the level of the mission roller so that the old inferno missions would be less wait and more play.
    This like the first choice, seems like a lot of work, for something that is not truly needed. Yeah at high level you get a bit bored of inferno missions and heckler killing, adding another choice to the grind won't make it any less frustrating. Reworking the current options instead, giving them a "revamp" could be more cost effecting in time and effort rather than do a whole new alternative.

Option 5: Making changes to Towerwars
    Redesign tower mechanics. This change would affect how towers are held and captured, pvp ranges and pvp range rules in land control areas, tower health and abilities, gas cycles, and so on. The new system would give you a warning/notice of when you need to defend, instead of the very big timeframes where towers are currently open for attack.
    I don't particularly like PvP, however... NW came out in late 2002 and after a decade it deserves a full redesign. Originally sold and publicly labeled by Funcom PR as a "booster pack" somehow over the years it has been re-categorized as an "expansion".

Doing this work would be very good not only for the current players but it may get the attention of former players who mainly enjoyed PvP but got bored of it (they may come back) and gamers out there who prefer that aspect of MMO's and did not find the current NW to their liking.

So my vote will be for the redesign of NW, it will not affect my gameplay since it's not an aspect I was invested in, but I feel that it will benefit the community and the game as a whole.
    Last edited by Windguaerd; Apr 8th, 2014 at 04:12:10.
    Twitch Channel - Youtube Channel - Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO Fansite Worldwide - Site Founder (Retired). | AOSpeak - Unofficial AO Teamspeak 3 Server - Founder (Retired). | AO Recipebook - In-Game Recipe/Tradeskill Bot - Founder (Retired).
    Founding member of the Council of Truth Clerical Staff.
    Keep in mind: My posts are my own personal views and thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by Genele View Post
    Since Macrosun has been looking in to this from a coder's point of view, I will do the same, only from a designer's point of view (Since this is my main role on the Anarchy Online project for those who didn't know.)

Everyone seem to be in agreement that multi boxing/dual logging in pvm/pve is acceptable and doesn't cause many problems. I know from personal experience that most of you play Anarchy Online with at least two accounts simultaneously.

From what I read through all the complains we have received in regards to multi boxing, the issues people present are clearly related to how pvp works in AO and especially tower wars.

So what we could do from a designer's point of view is to limit the benefits that multi boxers get in notum wars by re-designing the system so that defenders get enough time to gather people for a defense. We would also look in to making a new normal set for towers so that they have a more balanced amount of health at the various level ranges.
    However, any design solution to a problem takes time and resources to develop. It would also need to be prioritized over other initiatives. If you want us to spend development time on this, please vote for it here.
    lol. they dont want to revamp nw, they think the emoquitting is due to towers being killed all too quickly. this is getting ridiculous. clan had all tl7 towers despite the multiboxers. how does that indicate a problem like outlined above. for christ's sake...not even the clowns who quit complained about it killing towers too quickly. its about people getting killed at the push of a button. so if you don't want to give players a "balanced amount of health across all level ranges" this is as much of a failed attempt as it can possibly be.

of course people should get a fair chance to defend their towers. but towers need to be fragile!!!! if you give them 10 or 100x health (fc dont does do nothin half way mkay), the only option is to all go clan and have orgs fight over the land. how is that not obvious to a game developer? how is any of this not obvious to a person with a minimum of game knowledge in its current state.

my feeling is that with the emoquitters and the 18.7 patchnote quitters, fc now got desperate. if you had any doubts ao will die, this new grasp the last straw attitude has a good chance of doing the trick. but dont blame fc. they try. what pushed them over the edge were the hardcore pvpers who were instakilled by one guy once too much so their praised cojones said baibai. the groundwork though was some aoc guy's ignorance.

my accounts are open for the remaining subscription time. i'll just sit back and enjoy the chaos which may in fact be ao's apocalypse...and in due time i'll see if i hit reactivate. judging by the constant flux of nonsense by players and fc officials alike, i guess not. but why not enjoy the ride.

pitchfork, please!
    Last edited by Xootch; Apr 8th, 2014 at 05:50:33.

Quote Originally Posted by Xootch View Post
    lol. they dont want to revamp nw, they think the emoquitting is due to towers being killed all too quickly. this is getting ridiculous. clan had all tl7 towers despite the multiboxers. how does that indicate a problem like outlined above. for christ's sake...not even the clowns who quit complained about it killing towers too quickly. its about people getting killed at the push of a button. so if you don't want to give players a "balanced amount of health across all level ranges" this is as much of a failed attempt as it can possibly be.
    Actually, rapid tower death is a major problem at TL5 with 10 Crats, 20 pets, and 2 Fixers dropping a CT in 2 minutes.

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

Towerwars and pathfinding, kthx

As part of this initiative, we would also investigate if we could base the xp reward amount on the mission level and not the level of the mission roller so that the old inferno missions would be less wait and more play.
    would be cool to do stuff in our own levelrange

it is also the levels between 80-160 and 201-215 that could use a look at. players need loot too btw, not just xp.
    Last edited by leetlover; Apr 8th, 2014 at 07:45:43.
    Disclaimer: My posts should not be read by anyone.

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast