Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - June 5th, 2009

Grayfox, your last sentence reminds me of a song from NoFX...

"We've seen the ice berg from 50 miles away, the captain orders the ship to stay the course." ^^

But at least it really looks like they've got a concept for fixing the balance between professions.
    Last edited by Nosgoth; Jun 6th, 2009 at 01:23:43.
    I thought there was a state wide ban on selling klingon weaponry to arachnids.
    This quote is from back on earth

When the stun gets changed to a root I guess it will mean no more alb for melee again. Means going old school making alb range only again. It was nice while it lasted.

Worst fears about crats confirmed. Tempted to post something stong enough for a forums ban here but honestly i'm more dissapointed than angry.

Hey Means, how about next freaking time you start fixing the broken parts of Crat profession BEFORE you remove the band-aid stuff?
    ALTS: Alienhunter, Moonglum, Quellist, Quellcrist, Jesharet

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    Not being able to run away from the pets of the near future is going to be very significant.
    Nice. Glad to see this change coming.

Also, thanks for fixing the login delay with the launcher. It was about to drive me crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Neista View Post
    you start fixing the broken parts of Crat profession BEFORE
    AS pistol, 80% dodge checking super nice Pistol Mastery perks, 200% nanodamage proc, ability to perk PM9 and PM10 for extra Pistol AR. That's a big offense boost right there. Since stunprocs were introduced crats got a better malaise, a good NR debuff so nukes land far more often, better nukes (even with deinits), working fears...

In this very thread he announced new main pets in the near future for you too, so that's even more damage.

Seriously how much more things do you want to get BEFORE they can remove stunprocs? Then only to start crying you got nerfed because they removed stunprocs AFTER bringing out a ton of fixes, when you got used to stunprocs + preparation-to-remove-stunprocs-fixes?
    Lupusceleri L220/30/70 Agent -- Advisor of Spartans -- equip endgame AR setup endgame def setup <3 Azs wearer of Cheree's pants
    Arrowsmith -- Arafellin -- Alphacenta -- Aesculapias -- Wolfseye -- Lysdexic

TL5 enf twink: im out those MPs are to overpowered

crattey: The Balance Discussion forum. Where common sense goes to die.

Quote Originally Posted by Mailana View Post
    Seriously, I dont see why I should keep paying for the pvm game I play if pvper considerations are going to trump my concerns every single damn time just because they whine louder on the forums.
    pvper considerations?

Stuns were much more detrimental to pvm than pvp. They basically trivialized pvm content and made encounters easymode. Crats will still be the incredible soloers without stuns and raids will regain some difficulty again.

Quote Originally Posted by Lupusceleri View Post
    AS pistol, 80% dodge checking super nice Pistol Mastery perks, 200% nanodamage proc, ability to perk PM9 and PM10 for extra Pistol AR. That's a big offense boost right there. Since stunprocs were introduced crats got a better malaise, a good NR debuff so nukes land far more often, better nukes (even with deinits), working fears...

In this very thread he announced new main pets in the near future for you too, so that's even more damage.

Seriously how much more things do you want to get BEFORE they can remove stunprocs? Then only to start crying you got nerfed because they removed stunprocs AFTER bringing out a ton of fixes, when you got used to stunprocs + preparation-to-remove-stunprocs-fixes?
    You dont get it at all do you? DD isnt the issue, defense is the issue and the more DD we get the weaker we are in pvm because we pull agg off our pets who already have major problems holding it...

I want to see more defense for crats before stun procs are removed not more DD thats only of use in pvp or in raids.

You dont get it at all do you? DD isnt the issue, defense is the issue and the more DD we get the weaker we are in pvm because we pull agg off our pets who already have major problems holding it...

I want to see more defense for crats before stun procs are removed not more DD thats only of use in pvp or in raids.
    A mob with an unremoveable root/snare is going to attack your pets who they can hit, and not the crat outside its range....PVM boost imo. Only thing is your pets are gonna take more damage but oh well you can't solo entire instances as easily now.

Don't say more crat defense lol. If you mean surviviability as in mitigating damage, well what better than an UN removable root? Oh yeah stuns that last for an eternity, well sorry I think we all agreed they were a bit overeffective

Just wondering though, are there any other crats that don't want more DD?

Quote Originally Posted by gatester View Post
    A mob with an unremoveable root/snare is going to attack your pets who they can hit, and not the crat outside its range....PVM boost imo.
    Soooo...replacing 10/15 second stuns with 5/8 second roots is a pvm boost? yeah, right

Soooo...replacing 10/15 second stuns with 5/8 second roots is a pvm boost? yeah, right
    Yeah cause chain stunning mobs is fun pvm for brain dead people.
    Freshman $oulez 220/25 atrox bureaucrat
    Freshman $oule$oldier 220/29 nanomage NT - Stuff (outdated)
    Freshman Duratrox 220/20 Kung fu master

O Means... Btw...

I won this price 4 years ago...

What's the ETA on it? Just wondering...
    Neophyte/Sergeant/Tactician Escritores - Proud General of ..:Nordic Alliance:.. - 220/27/56 - Soldier - Equip - outdated...
    Poacher Overpoweredz - Proud UC of ..:Nordic Alliance:.. - 169/9/X - ADV - Equip outdated
    Chiropractor/Tactician Kartoon - Proud SC of ..:Nordic Alliance:.. - 150/12/12 - Doctor - TL5 PvP incoming. Under construction.
    Also a Freshman Crat, Freshman/Student/Squire/Captain Keep, Freshman/Phreaker/Scout Fix and a bunch of other tower punks and alts...
    Soldier Weaponrack: Anger of Xan, Dreadloch Modified Shark, Amplified KOC-Type 13, Lord Of Anger, AHF, SRPB, KOC-Type 12, KOEC-Type 3, 179-214-237 Coop, Supernova, Omni-Flamer.
    Gromulator: Go troll in your cavern , mr happy Bunny.
    Romaas about lvl 49 soldier BS twinks using CDR's
    Quote Originally Posted by Romaas View Post
    at 49 its totally awesome damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    Not being able to run away from the pets of the near future is going to be very significant.
    Does this apply to all pets, or are you just saying that crat pets will soon be improved so much that an unremovable root will be plenty powerful in conjunction with them?
    New Engine - Announced: June 2007 ETA: Soon™ I'm speechless (June 2015)
    Rebalancing - Announced: January 2009 ETA: December 21, 2012 Started! (April 2015)
    New TL7 Pets - Announced: March 2009 ETA: Uh...
    AS Changes - Announced: July 2009 ETA: TBA
    Parry/Riposte - Announced: October 2009 ETA: ??? Did it! (April 2015)
    Perk Changes - Announced: October 2009 ETA: Right after server merge Started! (April 2015)
    Breed Change - Announced: November 2009 ETA: Hell freezing They did it!!! (Oct 2012)
    Beta Server - Announced: January 2010 ETA: Pigs Flying Did it! (Feb 2014)

So can we also get the other stuns in game taken out please?

Quote Originally Posted by DePreach View Post
    So can we also get the other stuns in game taken out please?
    agreed
    Neekochan 220/30/70 Clan Bureaucrat
    Tooya 220/21/60 Clan MP
    Kagerou 150/19/42 Clan Fixer

... and others who I lazy to mention

@}-,-`-

The whine is strong in this thread. The Crats that were rolled because of stun procs are certainly coming out of the woodwork.

No decent Crat needs stun procs. No decent raid force needs stun procs.

New perks, better pistol support comes before stun proc removal. If you're so concerned about soloing and pulling agg off pets, do what I did, put crap pistols on for soloing.

The future for Crats looks pretty bright right now. Those too short sighted to see past their precious stun procs, do us all a favour and roll something else, or be quiet and wait and see.
    Member of Spartans
    Hacre/Solitus/Keeper/220/29/70 - Ninpopotamus/Solitus/NT/220/30/70 - Charmming/Opifex/Crat/220/30/70
    Quote Originally Posted by randomalpha View Post
    in the end soldier is not Op or even near from that never was never will be just for the record only keepers are the ones before soldiers on the nerfest list
    Genius at work.

Quote Originally Posted by Nosgoth View Post
    Triple landing != getting wtfpwned by one single triple
    Maybe yes maybe no.

But a 213 NT landing triples and doubles on an endgame pvp crat with all alphas on, AND 450ish additional perk up...now that surely fits my definition of 'wtfpwned'.
    If not by that very NT himself, then by the devs...
    You survived...You prevailed....Yet a bird's flight knows no end...
    Reality is a momentary dream but a dream is a reality for an eternity.

Kawaii "Koizumi" Akira - 220/25/70 soon-to-be-Berserk MA (refreshing!)
    Deadalus "Yumeno" Proxy - 220/30/70 Former stunwhore
    One "Namichan" Piece - 220/30/68 Drainwhore
    Aj Ar "Spawara" Triplenab - 220/24/45 Nuke-Welder
    IOmnomnomjoor "Emohatetellz" - 2/0/0 TL5 killer in progress

Quote Originally Posted by Quitter123 View Post
    How about this new nano for enfs, it takes random amount of nanoskills and nano to cast, when landed on random opponent it debuffs random weaponskill by random amount for an unspecified length of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Koizumi View Post
    Maybe yes maybe no.

But a 213 NT landing triples and doubles on an endgame pvp crat with all alphas on, AND 450ish additional perk up...now that surely fits my definition of 'wtfpwned'.
    If not by that very NT himself, then by the devs...
    Yeah those pre 214 nukes coming from a mega squish that is a sub 220 NT sure do hurt.
    Member of Spartans
    Hacre/Solitus/Keeper/220/29/70 - Ninpopotamus/Solitus/NT/220/30/70 - Charmming/Opifex/Crat/220/30/70
    in the end soldier is not Op or even near from that never was never will be just for the record only keepers are the ones before soldiers on the nerfest list
    Genius at work.

Quote Originally Posted by tacoleet View Post
    200/300% Nano damage... mm.. yea... I find no reason to use that.. ever. If I'm kiting something I'm not going to waste time casting a nuke when i can burst/fling/fa the crap out of it and then get killed by reloading.
    Hint: Press Q when kiting and reloading (your pets should keep agg on target, yes?)
    Eroz, finally 220/26/70 Adventurer & proud General of Regulators on ex-RK2 (outdated) equip
    Rokroland, 170 Engineer No more crab for j00 Northern Front on ex-RK2
    Ranged roxxorz!
    Sig last updated properly when West Athens still had people sitting about the subway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Siahanor View Post
    Complaining about the realism of height changing mechanics in a game that has people who can channel their anger to make huge killer meatballs.

Quote Originally Posted by eroz_c View Post
    Hint: Press Q when kiting and reloading (your pets should keep agg on target, yes?)
    Yes.
    Member of Spartans
    Genius at work.

Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 LastLast