Thread: Secret AO Project Revealed! - RecipeBook released

Secret AO Project Revealed! - RecipeBook released

Yes, RecipeBook is coming to AO!

The bot (available in RK1 and RK2) is intended to have as many tradeskill recipes as possible (similar to Recipebot but with more features). Any player can submit a new recipe through the official RB website (http://aorecipebook.com) which will be put on a queue for someone with admin access to review for approval. Approved new recipes will be automatically added to the bot listing.

Project Lead: Rageballs (Coder)
    Project Team: Mercury Dragons Clan (Ideas, Feedback and Test)

The priority is to get as many accurate recipes listed as possible, providing the correct credit to sources of information and people/groups involved.

Official RecipeBook Launch Party @ The Grind with Gridstream Productions, hosted by the amazing DJ Tarryk! Saturday, September 22 @ 5:00 PM EST (Daylight Saving Time). See ya at the parteee!
    Last edited by Windguaerd; Sep 20th, 2012 at 21:58:43.
    Twitch Channel - Youtube Channel - Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO Fansite Worldwide - Site Founder (Retired). | AOSpeak - Unofficial AO Teamspeak 3 Server - Founder (Retired). | AO Recipebook - In-Game Recipe/Tradeskill Bot - Founder (Retired).
    Founding member of the Council of Truth Clerical Staff.
    Keep in mind: My posts are my own personal views and thoughts.

Doesn't Recipebot fill this role already?
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader
    Feel free to contact me via PM or in-game.

Raggy - 220 Bureaucrat || Raggeh - 220 Fixer | Back as 'Raggys' - Shade for the time being. | Nuclei - 217 Nanotechnician || Nanobiology - 214 Doctor

Tip #743: As noted in Tip #244, tea bags have an infinite variety of uses. However, there's always one jerk who will want to give you crap over drinking tea. Particularly if in a new town, use this as an opportunity to assert yourself. Any drunken idiot can win a bar fight. It takes a real man to win a bar fight while enjoying a cup of Earl Grey.

And why are you posting misleading thread topics again?
    Hellcom "Stillian" Receptionist | Eternalist | Squad Commander of Primal Evolution
    Agent "Lilmiz007" Isbeak | Finalizer | Squad Commander of Primal Evolution
    Style "Heldale" Attack | General | Squad Commander of Primal Evolution

|| Primal Evolution ||

as we know, there has been lately discoveries in tradeskills (some boots). so there could be somekind of lists what item is good as source/target material and how many combinations are yet to be found.
    You hit Tarasque with nanobots for 18280 points of melee damage.
    First shade with Blades of Boltar
    ---
    How much is enough?
    Member of Halinallet!

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    Doesn't Recipebot fill this role already?
    Unfortunately Recipebot has become unreliable in the past year, some days it's up, some days it's down.

Attempts have been made to contact Beaexn (creator of Recipebot) with no luck. I have great respect for her work.

I encouraged a friend of mine to not just create a new bot for recipes, but to make something with more features, more flexible and the feedback from my org and other users combined with his own ideas expanded the concept.

After the launch we'll work on Phase 2: Update 1, which will expand and refine some features.
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO Fansite Worldwide - Site Founder (Retired). | AOSpeak - Unofficial AO Teamspeak 3 Server - Founder (Retired). | AO Recipebook - In-Game Recipe/Tradeskill Bot - Founder (Retired).

Quote Originally Posted by Stillian View Post
    And why are you posting misleading thread topics again?
    I've mentioned the secret AO Project I was working on for the past few months, on Facebook, on AOSpeak, in-game and also on occasion here at the Official Forums.

Sorry if I got you excited thinking this was about something else.

No worries, I missed all that so it did get me a bit!
    Hellcom "Stillian" Receptionist | Eternalist | Squad Commander of Primal Evolution
    Agent "Lilmiz007" Isbeak | Finalizer | Squad Commander of Primal Evolution
    Style "Heldale" Attack | General | Squad Commander of Primal Evolution

|| Primal Evolution ||

Would be nice before the title of the thread is changed, to be at least notified about it. I changed it to something more accurate, yet it still shows the wrong one.

You are just terrible at titling threads.
    <Lazy> who knew ao f*rum denizens were such homophobes?

Lordstage Free to do anything
    Byracka iddqd
    Battlespork Eats what he kills
    Bloodforbaal Utter bastard
    Pinealgland Too weird to live, and too rare to die
    Dagenham Radioactive courier
    Fascinated Elderly nature enthusiast

Awesome, good to see people still care about this game enough to make something like this.

Anyone know what happened to this? its been down awhile now

I also want Recipebook back online . I use it all the time.

Bump from me, wondering where Recipebook has gone..

That was a useful bot
    One profession to RoO them all, one profession to proc stun them, one profession to calm them all and in the darkness Exp perk them!

Crataiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution - 3rd AI 30 'Crat on RK 1 Setup
    Calms 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution
    Medicaiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution Setup
    Newen 220/30/70 President - The Galactic Milieu
    Mettagirl 220/20/** General - Primal Evolution
    Krataiken 150/18/40 General - Primal Evolution Setup

Quote Originally Posted by Aiken View Post
    Bump from me, wondering where Recipebook has gone..

That was a useful bot
    Some bots have it integrated..
    Quote Originally Posted by Vgman01 View Post
    With a kite team you generaly pay for your lvls. Imo this makes it ok..
    Quote Originally Posted by Vgman01 View Post
    Pocket teaming is fine to because (most of the time) players actualy step up and kill the hecklers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hvyshadows View Post
    OST is actually a good thing. In many Ely heck teams where there is a pocket the rest of the team sits around and chats every once in awhile.

Quote Originally Posted by Metafizis View Post
    Some bots have it integrated..
    Budabot certainly does. Although it isn't perfect - sometimes really important information such as which item determines the final QL, where to get the items, etc. is missing. Really there should be a checklist of things every crafter needs to know about every recipe and each page should have them all, even if it is things everybody knows.
    General of Nocturnal Fear
    Trypha 220/30/70 Engy | Trypothecary 220/30/69 Doc | Tryptophy 220/30/68 Crat | Trypocalypse 220/30/70 Sold | Tryharder 220/30/68 NT | Trypointy 220/x/x Shade | Peasantry 200/30/69 Keeper | Trycharm 150/20/42 Crat

Great idea, I have to look up trade skill processes often, so thanks for AoU in that respect too.
    Caloss2 LVL 220 melee VANGUARD (semi retired).....Llewlyn 220/30/70 meepmeep.....Boooocal 220../30/70 Soldier.......Knack 220/30/70 Keeper.....Hiesenberg 215/xx/xx NT NERFED Neytiri1 220/30/70 Shade Knacker220/30/70Meat shield
    https://www.youtube.com/user/caloss2 for guides/walkthroughs/letsplays and all your other AO needs
    Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta
    In my special design documents that I feed to the FC devs, who are my willing slaves.