Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - February 25th, 2011 - The dust is settling

Quote Originally Posted by Ekarona View Post
    Where is EET? Now I don't know when it is
    It is on the Testserver.

Often it is held in ICC, but sometimes other locations are chosen.( I am not sure yet which is why I didn't mention it)

Once you log on, if it isn't immediately obvious where we are,just ask in the social chat channel.

thanks for your interest, hope to see you there!
    Tir Muffin Co-op : Free muffin lovin' for all teh clanners

220 Shade | 220 NT | 220 Crat | 220 Fixer | 220 Agent | 165 Adv

Friday with Means - February 24th, 2011 - The dust is settling
    Isn't today the 25th? Can't wait for MP documents..

*sigh*
    'The problem with the gene pool is that there's no lifeguard.' - Steven Wright

New graphics engine Q1 or Q2 2011! \o/ You read it right here folks
    Manicmouse AR SMGs - 220/30 Clan Solitus Soldier - General of New Order
    Lawmaker Pistols - 220/30 Clan Atrox Bureaucrat | Sellyoursoul Shotgun - 220/30 Clan Nanomage Trader
    Adiee Pistols - 220/30 Clan Solitus Doctor | Boltcutter MA - 220/30 Clan Atrox Engineer | Anorexia - 220/30 Clan Nanomage Enforcer

Lazy: the caste system of ao today is clan > omni > wildlife > neuts.

Gatester: Crats have the best toolset for supporting a team in PVE.
    Aramsunat: WRONG! The team supports the crat if the crat is unable to solo (which is rare)!

uhmok
    Niles73 220/30/70/s/p/(-and (preLE/Alba/DB)Guide) - Trox way => can't make life? Take life!
    Phoeniles 200/30/60 - reborn ranged opi adv!
    Nilose 220/30/68 /s - plays for team alt gear farm
    Nilbit 220/30/70 /s - parked gimptast
    Nilo 220/27/68 /solo pvm/pvp - parked DD

Duke Nukem Forever is out.. now what?

Please note it's BETA not the final launch, it may take 3 or 4 months for them to iron out all the problems that pop up during beta.
    "A whole new place to run around for ages in then die suddenly without warning."

"I know who coded pet pathing... and when I see him I say "/follow" and I start waling in to walls :P"

The "Trolls" option is incorrect. The term trolls is not used to describe the gathering of information on the Internet.

<@Kintaii> L2P

Quote Originally Posted by Technogen View Post
    Please note it's BETA not the final launch, it may take 3 or 4 years for them to iron out all the problems that pop up during beta.
    Sorry... i had to.
    Aeliniyah Opifex Doc | Venkula Solitus Doc | Rohtoiivari Trox Doc | Yutheron Solitus Trader Ianamura NM Crat
    Technigyro Trox Enfo | Gizmoplex Trox Keeper | Icarya Opi MA | Vinetto Opifex Shade | Retku Solitus Engineer
    Geraplex Trox Sold | Tuulispaa Opifex Fixer | Wertion Solitus MP | Kemoplex Trox MA
    And a fleet of other alts...

Quote Originally Posted by SoapTarder View Post
    its funny how AO requires so much grinding and effort to make any progress, both ingame and in Development

should have corrected it better and made it say decades :P
    "A whole new place to run around for ages in then die suddenly without warning."

"I know who coded pet pathing... and when I see him I say "/follow" and I start waling in to walls :P"

The "Trolls" option is incorrect. The term trolls is not used to describe the gathering of information on the Internet.

<@Kintaii> L2P

Beta? more like alpha quality, at best
    But we're used to it so no big deal or change there
    Don't you just hate this kind of ppl
    http://redwing.hutman.net/%7Emreed/w...rouscranus.htm

And this is where I unsubscribe and spend my money on a better P2P game.
    A few years ago you said you'd release the engine, now you're saying you might put out a beta version? Doesn't sound like dedicated work, Guild Wars is only 20 levels but i'm sure it's better.

Thank you for a good and constructive post Means.
    Nice to hear how things are moving along, what things are the ones affecting the description of no videos, but allowing people at a party in Oslo to watch.
    I look forward to the things coming to AO, especially that storyline Mr. McAtee has been talking about (and lost in a boating-accident as I recall it)
    Thank you for listening to the community.

Kind Regards
    -Ariensky

FunCom trust +1
    Humankind can not gain anything, without first giving something in return.
    To obtain; something of equal value must be lost.
    That is the 1st law of equivalent exchange

Rubi-Ka needs: a nickel statue of an astronaut pointing at the sky
    With the description / plate saying:
    When the stars burn out and I find I lack the strength to continue...one of YOU wil pick up the flag and carry it forward.
    This really isn't a corporate product anymore...it belongs to all of us. Where it goes it up to us.

Quote Originally Posted by Manicmouse View Post
    correct way to read would be: yet another time they changed ( to a longer one ) the ETA, and instead of the engine itself being round the corner ( as promised for q1 the last time the ETA was changed ) its a BETA that will come after the engine was supposed to be out,,, nothing suprising tho
    Last edited by Insane666; Feb 25th, 2011 at 18:25:23.
    The most obvious MB on Rubi-Ka
    Insane666 ( 220/30/70 ) Solitus Soldier Insanity669 ( 220/30/70 ) NanoMage Doc Insanity699 ( 220/30/70 ) NanoMage MP
    Insanity696 ( 220/30/70 ) Solitus Bureaucrat Insane669 ( 220/30/70 ) Solitus Fixer Insanity666 ( 220/30/70 ) NanoMage NT

Insane699 ( 164/22 ) Solitus Trader Insane969 ( 150/20 ) S10 Trox Smurf

Omni-Tek
    Hells Hero for a decade, now a Punk
    spreading insanity all over rk, since 2005

What you expect them to some how magicly do work with their systems down? The whole build environment is STILL down from the move, and won't be up until next week at the earliest. On top of that they have to wait until AoC's code is more complete as the engines are based off the same code work, so problems in AoC's code is going to effect AO's code.

Come on, I want the engine out as much as anyone else and would have preferred it being out years ago, but the amount of DERP that's going on about this is getting out of hand.
    Last edited by Technogen; Feb 25th, 2011 at 18:38:00.

<@Kintaii> L2P

No. I don't see the year...
    Also Friday is 25...

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    work going on that is NOT engine or balance related...
    That sounds interesting...
    Is it something from the game suggestions section?
    http://forums.anarchy-online.com/forumdisplay.php?f=259

Man, I was definitely one of those "Are we there yet?" guys, but even I am not so jaded that I can't get excited by the fact that they are looking to release something that we can play with the new engine within the next two months. And I would much rather see something released to beta first then just slamming it home. The eventual transition should be much smoother that way. We wanted an update on the progress of the engine, we got it. Sheesh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunfytr View Post
    I have played my toon 280 days. You have played ur toon 36 days. My toon is better. Get over it.

I'm glad you're finally getting settled in the new offices

That's not what I read.
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    The Engine:
    We are not going to be able to release the engine in Q1 but we are still hoping for an "Early Beta" in Q1 or early Q2...but at this point it is still dependent on the release of the new version of the engine in Conan as to how much resource we will get in getting it set up and running.
    I read he's hoping for a beta release in Q1 or early Q2, and it's all depending on external events.
    ::: My Tools & Stuff :::
    ::: Cratine Savagedheals Enfine Zoewrangle Demoder :: Solitron Demotionform :: IRC Demoder Savagedlight :::
    ::: AOItems :: Blog :: CIDB :: HelpBot :: ItemsBot :: PlanetMap Viewer :: Tower Wars :: Twitter :::

Quote Originally Posted by hellsslaves View Post
    Guild Wars is only 20 levels but i'm sure it's better.
    naaa... i played trial - bought it - played another hour and never again =)
    -[nitr0]-
    sexiest trox alive

Quote Originally Posted by Insane666 View Post
    correct way to read would be: yet another time they changed ( to a longer one ) the ETA, and instead of the engine itself being round the corner ( as promised for q1 the last time the ETA was changed ) its a BETA that will come after the engine was supposed to be out,,, nothing suprising tho
    There were never any promised dates so I think it's a bit unfair to be so critical. I keep seeing that word "promise" flying around so losely that its seemingly lost its true meaning. Also, the BETA timeframe is not a promise so keep that in mind.
    ----------------------------------
    The Dark Order Of Chaos

Monchil - MA
    Maxxon - Bureaucrat
    Gunnymonch – Soldier
    ----------------------------------

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast