Thread: Friday with Means - November 12th, 2010 - Changes large and small

Make everything buyable for 2 weeks, all items yesdrop as well as Levels, Victory Points and Veteran Points then after that introduce patch that makes everything nodrop then watch piggys squeal....... rinse........ repeat

Thumbs down Wtf

Boost to 199 on an engi because you have a 220 enfo? You are so RUINING the game.... like we didn't have enough lvl 200's that didn't know how to play.... and Making Ofab Yes-Drop?? WTF!?!?!?! That's stuff that should be earned.. not bought!!!!

Funcom is just bowing to the people who are here just to show off.. not to those of us who love the game.... if you Love anarchy... why would you boost to 199

my God.. watch how many toons are instantly 199 and buy all their ofab from creds they bought online... then go running into endgame areas, getting the whole damned team killed because they don't know their class.

Say goodbye to Battle Stations...

Major Fail

Remove VP.

...and...

"Items not available NOW...but planned for in the future:

Time Limited Access (passes) to expansion content for free players.

Level packs (Boost to 50, Boost to 100, Boost to 150, Boost to 199). These items will only be available to accounts that already have a 220 Character as an option for those who want to play another profession at end game but do not have the time or inclination to replay the lower level end of the game another time.

Pre-packaged 'buff' items which can be used for twinking purpopses. These are already available in today's Testlive patch, but will not be going into the shop until we have additional code support for their use requirements. These buffs are designed to be used for twinking purposes only and will consist only of buff nanos you could already receive in-game from other characters (IE: targeted-cast nanos from professions)."

HUGE NO. DO NOT.
    Ofab - Doctor [e]
    Clipfury - Soldier
    R22866281602 - Bureaucrat
    Icey2 - Soldier [deleted]
    First to receive an infraction worth 1337 points.

Bump this thread for Black Atroxes!

Omfg! Could you please redo keeper doc, whilst smoking the same stuff as you where while writing the engi/soldier doc's

Loving the yes drop ofab armour though. It's a lot easier/more fun/less painful farming vp's on some classes compared to others
    Lordplayer: Lets just put it down to people being completely retarded carrying on the "reply nerf to any keeper topic" mentality of years gone by.

Cergorn 220/30/70 Atrox Keeper
    Yamura 220/30/70 Soli Crat

Quote Originally Posted by Fixdem View Post
    Boost to 199 on an engi because you have a 220 enfo?
    yabut think about it, you'll never have to waste your time finding a tradeskiller again!
    bai2u!
    -::l2pvp!1::-
    Electronite: FFA also destroyed Clan hegemony when it comes to tower wars. Ironically the downfall was started by the most active pvpers. Another ironic thing is that the downfall happened due to pvm conflict. Silirrion: (We have pretty good anti-troll filters by now though) Means: Thong-wearing troxes will always be a part of this game and a point of AO pride. Keldros: Obviously reall trolls don't use conditioner Marlark: If this forum was Swedish in it's language .. id pawn you any day. 220 NT: tl7 is a joke most of the time. 90% of the people are double double dead. some are worth debuffing tho. Mastablasta: you guys are right and I'm wrong. Ebag: No. You alpha me'd due to the stat bug. More Ebag: I don't have any twinks currently, nor do I participate much in mass TL7 PvP (though I do go occasionally, usually just to watch). Questra: an MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

So, cut the long story short - Rich people will get FUN, and poor will get grind.

Can't belive its actually happening to AO. I thought about since few years, when somone suggested it on forums and I never thought of such thing becoming live.

Wrangeline wrote things clearly.

So, what, that I can use my VISA and do 199 char (I have already some 220)? Atleast there are ppl to team with... Insta 199 = solo for much more players after this thing hits live.

Personally, I dont like it and if takes effect as I (and many others) predict, I wont enjoy AO anymore.
    I like PvP
    TL6: Tereshkova 200 eng / Patrollerz 200 sol / Tankietka 200 NM enf / Pielegniarka 200 Tank Doc / Oleska 200 SOLIKeep
    TL5: Miazga 150 sol / Piknababa 150 NM Enf 2he / Gigantika 150 NM Enf / Malutki 150 Enf Trox WIP
    TL4: Ladyrazor 112 fixer (retired) / Shha 100 NT / Cycolina lvl 100 NM Enforcer
    + Tons of other chars...
    I make weird TwInkz!
    Signature updated: 29/06/2016

Bump for no to buffs that other players can already cast, how unsocial!

Quote Originally Posted by Fixdem View Post
    and Making Ofab Yes-Drop?? WTF!?!?!?! That's stuff that should be earned.. not bought!!!!
    I am totally no to VP with PP, but ofab armor/weapon was ment for lesser advanced players tho.

So I think the lesser special LE-items should be easy to get.

Getting and upgrading a set is hard for a casual player at low level.

Rememeber that other armor and weapons are already available in regular shop.

Level boost, phat. For those of us with more free money than free time it sounds nice. And honestly, people who want to level quickly will do so anyway and not interact with random players much anyway. I'm not opposed to some compromise tho

1. Ebon's idea, play 1-10, boosted to 50, play 50-60, boost to 100, etc

2. +200 levels per account. You can boost one alt to 199 or 2 to 100, 4 to 50, etc

3. Some lower limit would be ok. 1-120 or so is the worst imo. After that you have enough useful nanos and such to enjoy yourself.

It remains to be seen if there will be any point to a boosted character though, BS was dead months ago, it will only be more so after buyable VP and yesdrop ofab.
    Now, one of the reasons we’ve spent the last month arguing about the debt ceiling is that half of the "teabag" Congress signed a vow to never raise taxes. Someone just handed them something and it wasn’t a gun, a crucifix or a fetus — so they signed it. Why? "Because we’re rugged individuals who love freedom. Now excuse us while we sign this document swearing to do as we’re told." --Bill Maher

So... I guess I can't use my fixer's stack of idle VP to equip my new agent, given it can't use the agent shop. I could just buy the VP for the agent and buy the armour with that - wait, isn't that ingame gear that provides an advantage which I just bought for cash? Bad taste, guys. I never had a problem with the PP store ( used it a fair bit too ), this is something else.

While I'm not feeling as badly as Wrangeline does, I would certainly much rather be paying my rather high monthly subs for the sole access point to this game world. I uninstalled Lotro & TF2 recently, I was rather hoping this would be one of the few persistent games I could feel comfortable playing. I'm really failing to see how this is going to attract new customers, having an item shop is surely not a value added unique selling point, is it?

Maybe you ought to go the next obvious step & copy Eve, and let people trade game time for ingame credits. I might be a bit more tolerant of the shop if I wasn't paying real cash for subs.

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    At the same time Basic OFAB armor pieces (not upgraded) will become Yes-Drop so can be sold by players with large surplus amounts of VP.

Quote Originally Posted by Kari View Post
    So... I guess I can't use my fixer's stack of idle VP to equip my new agent, given it can't use the agent shop. I could just buy the VP for the agent and buy the armour with that - wait, isn't that ingame gear that provides an advantage which I just bought for cash? Bad taste, guys.
    Yeah, thats lame.

Having some parts yesdrop is ok tho conveniencewise. Solve profession-lock on shop access somehow.

When not twinking you just wanna slap on some armor to become adequate and get on with playing the game so, not have a huge stop just to obtain armor/weapons aimed at people more new to the game/casual players to decrease the gaps between newbies and more experienced ones. Which was the intention of ofab.
    Last edited by Lletah; Nov 13th, 2010 at 03:05:00.

You act as if people level with other people in this game to begin with, ha.
    Dagger 220/30/70 Shade // Attempted 219/24/?? Enforcer // Canidae 180/0/0 Adventurer // World 185/26/32 Meta-Physicist// Cramp 150/20/35 Engineer
    Ya wanna fix something - give RK mobs better xp, make RK matter again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamman View Post
    Give shades love or we will stop buffing people!!

Levels, VP, ofab and tokens cross the line for me. Levels being the worst offender.
    For every complex problem, there is a solution that is simple, neat, and wrong. - H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by Stillian View Post
    Hi, welcome to the grown-up world. Let's put that in a different context.

lol... so let me get this straight, if Bill Gates with hundreds of thousands of millions (that NONBILLGATERS dont have and have no reasonable expectation of EVER attaining) buy expensive s**t and sell/give it to friends thats ok...

But robbing a bank and then having the temerity to spend that stolen money on items for a 199 pre-lvled toon is game destroying?

This is not Hello Kitty Online. This is not a fair game. Regardless of your repeated assertations about what you get up to, the game itself is PVP oriented. Everything in PVM is designed to feed into PVP. If you don't play half the game, and therfore put in half the work, but still charge 10 dollars to your Visa and then get what the rest of us worked for... yes, we will be slightly miffed.
    Can you explain how in any rational accounting how this game is PVP oriented? You do know that NW was an expansion right? And a "booster pack" style one at that.

"Everything in PVM is designed to feed into PVP"... seriously? I did not know that for the almost 10 years I've been playing PVM only. Can you explain this statement?

Ok once again, Shadowlands... no PVP, AI ... no PVP. Xan ... no PVP (except when possessed by Deranged Xan and you dont hit "Q" lol). So again, can you explain how "half of the game" is PVP? Maybe to you half of the game is, but it surely isnt to me.

I dont have Bill Gates money, neither do I resent him for it. What I resent is a "PVP" expansion that gives PVPERS a clear advantage in PVM, which allows PVPERS to buy weapons and armor that are usable in PVM. Go PVP all you want, but dont tell me this game is based on PVP, because if it was I would have left a long time ago lol.

The sooner FC completely splits the PVM/PVP mechanics to where items, nanos, perks, damage ranges, etc are only useful in one of those areas... the better.
    Last edited by Deaconfrost; Nov 13th, 2010 at 04:18:12.
    Innervoid 220 / 30 / 70 MA (sadly no longer teh main man cos MA haz no lub)
    Thedarknight 220 / 30 / 70 ADV (name reset FTW)
    Shrektehogre 220/ 30 / 70 KEEP (Prolly the Main, maybe)
    Enemywithin 220 / 30 / 70 AGENT (RAWR)
    Lastsamurai 220 / 30 / 70 SOL (6th 220 FTW!)
    Innerpeace 220 / 30 / 70 CRAT (First Calmer)
    Stargazer 220 / 30 / 70 MA DOC
    Abyssgazer 220 MP (8hr CM lubbin/all around MP gamp)
    Misterscott 220 ENGY / Deaconfroste 220 SHADE / Vforvendetta 220 ENF / Haljordan 220 Fix

AO is a great social experiment indeed, I had no idea some people (not the majority I guess) can be so vocal about concepts they are unable to grasp.

*checks the sky* Not falling, move along.
    WTB WTS

“The year was 2081, and everybody was finally equal. They weren’t only equal before God and the law. They were equal every which way….”

Quote Originally Posted by Deaconfrost View Post
    Can you explain how in any rational accounting how this game is PVP oriented? You do know that NW was an expansion right? And a "booster pack" style one at that.
    Actually the game was way more PVP oriented when it first launched, practically everywhere was a PVP enabled zone (e.g. MMD, etc.) FC nerfed gas after carebear crying, then NW made PVP more goal-oriented.
    bai2u!
    -::l2pvp!1::-
    Electronite: FFA also destroyed Clan hegemony when it comes to tower wars. Ironically the downfall was started by the most active pvpers. Another ironic thing is that the downfall happened due to pvm conflict. Silirrion: (We have pretty good anti-troll filters by now though) Means: Thong-wearing troxes will always be a part of this game and a point of AO pride. Keldros: Obviously reall trolls don't use conditioner Marlark: If this forum was Swedish in it's language .. id pawn you any day. 220 NT: tl7 is a joke most of the time. 90% of the people are double double dead. some are worth debuffing tho. Mastablasta: you guys are right and I'm wrong. Ebag: No. You alpha me'd due to the stat bug. More Ebag: I don't have any twinks currently, nor do I participate much in mass TL7 PvP (though I do go occasionally, usually just to watch). Questra: an MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Lusos101 View Post
    Hu? Wut? I mean, really, WOOT? You can read right? And you can understand what you read? Yes? Because it seems you dont. What goal posts? Are you trying to use the "Chewbacca Defense"?

I say it for the last time. This game, if it wants to survive, should not cather to a few veterans who log on to farm a few bots or a have a laff in the BSs. That will not bring new players into the game, quite the opposite.

PS- You sure lol a lot. And "last time", like now, I made no assuptions about other peoples lives. Maybe "metaphoric couches" are to much for you? Or you still are butthurt because I pointed to you that your many accounts are irrelevant to the validity of your arguments?

DISCLAIMER: My use of the words "lazy veterans" is not intended to offend people who like to play the game and have done so for a long time. It is meant only for those who consider that even powerleveling toons is already to much of a bore.
    You mean those "few veterans" who've kept the game alive all this time? I'd respond to the rest but Kintaii is already mad so I'll just lol again
    Misterscott 220 ENGY / Deaconfroste 220 SHADE / Vforvendetta 220 ENF / Haljordan 220 Fix

Quote Originally Posted by Chrys View Post
    Actually the game was way more PVP oriented when it first launched, practically everywhere was a PVP enabled zone (e.g. MMD, etc.) FC nerfed gas after carebear crying, then NW made PVP more goal-oriented.
    Yeah there were many places with 25% or lower gas lvls, but PvP was still optional and in no way necessary for any type of lvling or gear acquisition. NW introduced Tower bonuses , which I have mostly done without for the past 9 years. Since I dont pvp I cant really ask my org to let me plant towers now can I? I had zero problems with ppl getting towers bonuses, because since I dont pvp those bonuses dont affect me, and in PVM they make those toons better so thats a plus. I have a serious problem with ppl getting PVM usable items from a source that is not equally available to PVMERS.

Once again if you like to PVP then you can easily keep doing so, if you do PVP solely to get VP then do you really "love" PVP? Or were you just forced into it as the only rational method of obtaining gear that affects PVM...

Here's the biggest problem of it all IMHO:

Funcom created the grind and can make it easier or harder if they want. Instead, they are selling it.

So they choose to ask players to pay them extra money to avoid the less pleasant aspects of the game (for those people). Notice which items they chose? (VP, Tokens, XP) They are selling you a cure to frustration they themselves cause. Instead of making the less pleasant aspects better, the are asking you to pay them to fix it.

Wanna make the game easier? More accessible to the casual player? Great! Try to monetize that? FU. This is not a way to attract more new people or to get people to stop thinking "man I want a new toon but I cant imagine doing all that over again."

What they could have done instead:

- make ALL drop rates better.
    - make weapons in shops actually decent (eg the grippo et al)*
    - make cluster shops useful
    - make armor in shop useful (leather/steelribbed/organic)*
    - increase the XP from all mobs overall.

But instead, they are asking their few and loyal fans to pay them more money.

Sorry Means, Kintaii, I have liked quite a bit the changes you have made to the game with new content, and dailys, and the like, but this feels like an insult. And to ask these things as the new engine and rebalance seem to be ever pushed back....

I particularly dislike that they are going back on promises made when Paid Points were introduced. Considering ofab is the best armor in some slots, is it really a leap for people to wonder when you can purchase an acdc some day down the line? The more things you can purchase to save time, the more you incentivize creating artificial time sinks in this game.

Also I think Wrangline's posts said it pretty well, but one more thought along those lines:

If you think new players will be attracted to this game, consider: When I look at other mmos, and consider playing them, if they have item stores and micro transactions for real in game items, I immediately stop considering such a game. As I know the game is going to enviably be designed towards pushing me to keep opening my wallet for them.

So please

NO buying VP for real money
    NO buying levels for real money
    NO buying tokens for real money
    NO buying buff packs or stims for real money

*These are examples for attracting new or froob players

Blackmesa
    220/30/68 Clan Agent

ja

Quote Originally Posted by blackmesa View Post
    - make cluster shops useful
    - make armor in shop useful (leather/steelribbed/organic)*
    Yeh, one idea I had was to make ql 300 clusters/basic imps avaible for VP for example.

So pvp-orientated players don't have to be forced to pvm too much. Fair as those who dislike pvp might get the pvp-grinding for armor decreased a little.

Quote Originally Posted by blackmesa View Post
    -
    NO buying VP for real money
    NO buying levels for real money
    NO buying tokens for real money
    NO buying buff packs or stims for real money
    Seconded, at least no VP-buying. Enough to make non-special armor and weapons yesdrop. More social too.

Decreases the grind, which is what matters to players it seems

For tokens: Just increase the instances they occur and decrease the price they cost in LE shop.

Lets say you make level 100 twink and want 1k board...it shouldn't take you like almost a year (asuming it would take very long at that level) to complete it
    Last edited by Lletah; Nov 13th, 2010 at 05:25:23.

Well this FwM is well on its way to being even more active than the one that had the first round of suggested BS changes. If history repeats itself next week or maybe even sooner Means will make a post saying how things are not set in stone and they provided that info to get feedback.

Page 15 of 29 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920212223242526272829 LastLast