Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Letter from the Game Director

Quote Originally Posted by Eluisa View Post
    Feedback?! ROFLMAOAHAHAHAHEHEH!HAHHAAH *dies* like they listen to anything the players say,hell, motorcycles was a player suggestion and now they are charging for it!

Balance needs a step back from the content updates, and back to the basics.
    That's it guys, Eluisa says we need no more content updates and start from scratch. I'm sure that will fix all of the problems. OR you could send in your feedback and they might consider it. OR you could make a post in the forums expressing the problems AND ALSO provide some answers to those problems. You can't just say, "Balance the game, it sucks". If you have already done this, in a constructive manner, then maybe what you are suggesting isn't feasible.
    DJ Meenstreek
    The Goodness on Tuesdays @ 8pmEST
    Top40 Rock & Alternative

GridStream Productions
    "Pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis is a
    floccinaucinihilipilificated word." -cgl

I've tried to find an answer to my questions on the post but there's so many! What I wanna know is: Will these boards and bikes have a Run Speed statistic and what will the requirements be? Are we going to have to boost Vehicle Ground to 500 before we can even equip them?!?!?! Will we need to put research into a Vehicle Line or perhaps spend a perk point (or more) in them?!?!?!

Please tell me this isn't so. With the way IP is, it's practically impossible to spend it in everything you want/need as is, without adding this to the load, perk points are equally difficult and limited. As for the research... that could work!! I can see spending a few hours of grinding out research to get that, though I don't think I'm looking forward to that option either. Or will they, as is my hope, only have a purchase requirement like the banners/boxing gloves/etc in Veteran booth?

Suddenly August seems so far away. Also I might have missed this but will it be early or late August?

Cudos!!,

Ken

Those who know me call me Ken. Those who don't will add the end.

Rule of the internet,
    Rule 15:The harder you try, the harder you will fail.
    Eluisa, 220 Doctor of Dewm!
    Cherries, 220 Shade of Bewbs!
    Lidan 190 Martial Artist of Nano!
    Mefesto, 183 Enforcer of Flab!
    Catti, 163 Crat of Hecknoob!

General of Paradise

This one is nice to.

Rule 25: Relation to the original topic decreases with every single post.

and rule 26: Any topic can easily be turned into something totally unrelated.
    Eluisa, 220 Doctor of Dewm!
    Cherries, 220 Shade of Bewbs!
    Lidan 190 Martial Artist of Nano!
    Mefesto, 183 Enforcer of Flab!
    Catti, 163 Crat of Hecknoob!

General of Paradise

Oh and here's a really nifty concept that FunCom has come up with:

Taken from: http://www.funcom.com/wsp/funcom/fro...TENT&item=1004
    Quote Originally Posted by FunCom
    "The Funcom points can at first be purchased in 10 and 20 USD / EUR packages. As an example of the price a new jetbike starts as low as 3 dollars, while a complete set of bikes can be bought for about 10 dollars. Players who are paying subscribers of Anarchy Online will get a set of monthly points included in the subscription price, and longer pricing plans like 6 and 12 months gives extra points. As an added incentive Funcom will send points to the player account upon receipt of subscription dues."
    Which means most of you who are mid to long time subscribers won't even have to pay for these points because FunCom is giving them away for FREE.

/me puts a tick mark next to: FunCom Is Not Being Greedy
    DJ Meenstreek
    Top40 Rock & Alternative

GridStream Productions

Rule 1: People that are cynical in nature will find the bad in everything and will not accept the fact that a company might actually be trying to serve their clients.
    DJ Meenstreek
    Top40 Rock & Alternative

GridStream Productions

Rule 42: Just because someone is cynical doesn't mean their main ideas are wrong.

I agree that FC has made a WHOPPER of a great announcement today.

But none of it addresses the problems with shades that have Eluisa so torqued.
    Theonara: "...but if I weren't married, some days I'd offer to kiss you. You just make too much sense. "
    Maeventura: "Sigh, once again I can but only bow for hyde's wisdom."

...."Social" keys, lightbars, wen-wens......Better tabbing!

... First Troxdoc with QL300 symbs (AO 17.0 pre-Albtraum guide) ... as well as first with 12 of 13 Alpha symbs.
    ... First TL1 Clanner with Omni-Armed Forces armor (pics) (pointless yet hawt)

<original UI hacker ... when not actively playing AO ... email = 'hyde [at] athenpaladins • org'>

Man you complainers are too much.

It is the SAME thing as if they diddnt release them in smaller lower cost booster packs and instead diddnt release any parts early, pooling all the small things together for around a year and then release 1 big $30 Xpack.

And about the money, you any company worth their salt will be working on atleast 2 future projects at the same time, planning for the future. They have AoC and their next game "The World Online" (which just got some official new title i diddnt remember) even further down the line, all being made and not yet pulling in any income.

There is Alot of new stuff on the horizon for such an old game with not the Hugest playerbase. Rather them not do the pay for boosterpacks? Fine, then there Wouldnt be any of that new content at all, since im sure the budget for all this planned stuff wouldnt be there.

If AI was broken down to smaller parts, the AI yalms could of been considered a small optional component at a low cost. Adding all components together could of cost the same as a normal Xpack, but essentially is the same.
    Well its the same with this stuff.
    Krause Equip

*** Krause's Evil WTB Thread! (Weird/Odd Stuff) ***
    (Items like "Lost Faith/Hope", "Wreath of Insects", "Chirop Exoskeleton Wing Mesh", "Small Jar", "Old Barrel")
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    This is going to get done if it kills me or preferably someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Krause View Post
    the AI yalms could of been considered a small optional component at a low cost.
    Yeah, since only about half of the AI yalms are in game.
    -Ashram 202 ish fixer on rimor- Proud owner of Manta A.V.

Quote Originally Posted by Kendor View Post
    I've tried to find an answer to my questions on the post but there's so many! What I wanna know is: Will these boards and bikes have a Run Speed statistic and what will the requirements be? Are we going to have to boost Vehicle Ground to 500 before we can even equip them?!?!?! Will we need to put research into a Vehicle Line or perhaps spend a perk point (or more) in them?!?!?!

Please tell me this isn't so. With the way IP is, it's practically impossible to spend it in everything you want/need as is, without adding this to the load, perk points are equally difficult and limited. As for the research... that could work!! I can see spending a few hours of grinding out research to get that, though I don't think I'm looking forward to that option either. Or will they, as is my hope, only have a purchase requirement like the banners/boxing gloves/etc in Veteran booth?

Suddenly August seems so far away. Also I might have missed this but will it be early or late August?

Cudos!!,

Ken

Those who know me call me Ken. Those who don't will add the end.

Buut... then really, whats the point of those skills? They gonna be turned into another relic of the past, no longer meant to be supported?

Sure some should be able to be used at no IP cost (atleast at endgame, with all that trickledown) but there still should be some that utilize those skills.
    Krause Equip

(Items like "Lost Faith/Hope", "Wreath of Insects", "Chirop Exoskeleton Wing Mesh", "Small Jar", "Old Barrel")

Quote Originally Posted by Ashram View Post
    Yeah, since only about half of the AI yalms are in game.
    You seem to have missed the point I think :/
    Krause Equip

Quote Originally Posted by Silirrion View Post
    'Lag' is a many headed beast, and no, even a whole new server farm won't resolve all of its many forms but it will provide us with a stable and better performing platform on which to provide a reliable game experience to everyone in future.
    Any chance you'll ditch Savvis during this upgrade?
    Theonara: "...but if I weren't married, some days I'd offer to kiss you. You just make too much sense. "
    Maeventura: "Sigh, once again I can but only bow for hyde's wisdom."

...."Social" keys, lightbars, wen-wens......Better tabbing!

... First Troxdoc with QL300 symbs (AO 17.0 pre-Albtraum guide) ... as well as first with 12 of 13 Alpha symbs.
    ... First TL1 Clanner with Omni-Armed Forces armor (pics) (pointless yet hawt)

<original UI hacker ... when not actively playing AO ... email = 'hyde [at] athenpaladins • org'>

Quote Originally Posted by Krause View Post
    Buut... then really, whats the point of those skills? They gonna be turned into another relic of the past, no longer meant to be supported?

Sure some should be able to be used at no IP cost (atleast at endgame, with all that trickledown) but there still should be some that utilize those skills.
    WTB Ariel combat x.x yalms with guns, drive by hoverbikes and float by beheadings via a hoverboard ! That might make spending IP on a mode of transportation something meaningful more than "oooh shiny" ^_~

Okay, time to let my thoughts out about Sil´s letter:

- New gfx-engine - sounds good I only hope it still will work for those of us who can´t afford an uber computer (like me) ... one of the things I liked about AO compared to games like EQ / EQ II is that I could run it an okay way even on my Duron 800 for quite some time and I don´t feel / can´t afford anyway to change my Athlon 1.7

- Someone mentioned the currency change. I just checked my payment history: back in 2002 when I started, it was US $ 12.95 on my Credit Card for a month. Nowadays it´s 14.95 + 2.24 VAT - so I´ll end up with 17.19 Euro = 23.14032 US Dollar per month, or - put on a yearly payment basis -
    109.71 Euro = 147.686 US Dollar
    109.71 US Dollar (USD) = 81.49909 Euro (EUR)
    (according to the currency converter of a big credit card company).

That´s quite a gap between the US price and the European price, and I don´t see a point why some people should pay more only because they live in another part of the world.
    So please reconsider going back to using ONE currency to charge people with. Or adjust the huge US $ / Euro difference.

Originally Posted by FunCom
    "The Funcom points can at first be purchased in 10 and 20 USD / EUR packages. As an example of the price a new jetbike starts as low as 3 dollars
    <--- look at above point regarding currencies.
    10.00 Euro = 13.46150 US Dollar
    10.00 US Dollar (USD) = 7.42859 Euro (EUR)

20.00 Euro = 26.92300 US Dollar
    20.00 US Dollar (USD) = 14.85719 Euro (EUR)

Now some may say "wth??" - but if you´re active for a couple of years, believe me, it adds up ... and not everyone is bathing in money (at least I am not).

- Last but not least: I know a LOT of AI cities have bugs with the spawn points of the aliens - Dojo City is one of them, and I sent a couple of e-mails and petitions already, and nothing happened. So the result is we barely used it since we got it on the day of AI release which is a pity really.
    I can only pray that AT LEAST with the date of the hardware upgrade / change of the gfx engine those problems are solved. It is really annoying to pay the upkeep for something you can´t even use fully.

Altogether, I am glad that you guys seem to listen to the players and do your best (hopefully) to keep this game up. I´d hate to have to look for a new game and a new "ingame family" after 5 years of subscription...

So keep up the spirit, FC, and thank you Sil for the patience to answer our questions.
    Thaylia - Martial Artist
    Spellseeker - Nanotechnician
    Kahja - Doctor

"Authenticity is achieved by saying what you´re doing, and doing what you´re saying." - Johannes Rau
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~
    Socializer 80%, Explorer 53%, Achiever 53%, Killer 13%

Quote Originally Posted by Xaun View Post
    WTB Ariel combat x.x yalms with guns, drive by hoverbikes and float by beheadings via a hoverboard ! That might make spending IP on a mode of transportation something meaningful more than "oooh shiny" ^_~
    hahaha, Age of Conan style .
    DJ Meenstreek
    Top40 Rock & Alternative

GridStream Productions

Quote Originally Posted by Xaun View Post
    I can totally see them adding something like that, but with a anti mech gun on it. Since all mechs are ranged that could work.

originally the AI yalms were touted as meant for arial combat, but they dropped that.

Also they could make the mods on Yalms more meaningful too that would help. Like 90% root/snare resist, and some reflect (like a shield for the ship) would really be great.
    Last edited by Krause; Jun 28th, 2007 at 00:46:40.
    Krause Equip

I just have a question about this whole 'point' thing.

Will it work like this? You buy in-game Points, with real life money, and then buy the vehicles from a special booth in-game?

Im probably just being my stupid self, but could someone simplify it for me? :P
    Gender 'Blackdog' Bender 220/26 Soldier
    Den 'Beskyddaren' Utvalde
    220/18 Keeper
    Kane 'Blacrat' Lives 218/15 Bureaucrat
    Bleeding 'Rofflewaffle' Screaming 180/13 Shade
    Den 'Tempelherren' Trofaste 165/19Fixer

My AO vids:
    Boom! Aimedshot!
    Still Online!

OMFG TY FC FOR THE BIKES!!!!!!!!!, and i watched the vid and saw some strange backpack on one of the riders, one of the new items with the booster or patch?

Quote Originally Posted by Cdogg421 View Post
    OMFG TY FC FOR THE BIKES!!!!!!!!!, and i watched the vid and saw some strange backpack on one of the riders, one of the new items with the booster or patch?
    Oooo, good catch, whats is that coool lookin back item with the round light and 2 tubes coming out of it on that Shade at the very end Sil? ;D
    Krause Equip

Quote Originally Posted by meenstreek View Post
    So what you are saying right here is that every expansion pack that FunCom makes for AO should now be free? That since they just got 30million dollars to help their company they should produce all new content completely free. And while they are at it, just make the game free per month as well?
    These new mini-boosters are MORE CONTENT. What is SL, AI, LE? MORE CONTENT. What's the difference between paying for an expansion pack and paying LESS money for a smaller expansion. An expansion that is not vital for everyone to have so they can still get the best items for their character. Along with these mini-boosters, FunCom is still making FREE content. If you would read the thread, you would notice that Sil has already said that. Let me go ahead and find the post for you though cause I know it's probably really really hard to find..
    No that is not what I said, if you could acctually read instead of putting words in other peoples mouths you'd know that. My point is it's ridiculous what their doing, on average FC makes 3.3$ mil a year off AO alone, that's not enough? Several grants to boot, they still want more? LE was'nt even an expansion anyway, more like a content patch, are we gonna have to pay for every patch that comes out from now on with ANY new content? Social or not.

In case you hav'nt noticed (doubtful you have), there's a BIG difference between content patches and EXPANSIONS, just so you can understand it, I went through the trouble to find the definitions for you.

Content - Online, content is generally referred to as the elements on a web page. This could include text, graphics, clip art, photos, videos, podcasts, wav files, hyperlinks, code or any value-added substance that a visitor to the web page would benefit from

Expansion - An expansion pack is an addition to an existing pen-and-paper RPG, game or video game. These add-ons usually add new game areas, weapons, objects, and/or an extended storyline to a complete and already released game.

So you see there's one of these that merits payment, yes REAL money to have access to, which of these does the upcoming patches sound like to you? I know for you it's really hard to figure out.

Did we not already pay for Lost Eden just last December? Expansions should'nt just be released every few months with a few things, it wears people out real fast, every few years is the norm.
    is more like it.

Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast