Thread: Monthly Development Update: January 2012

Quote Originally Posted by fakiiri View Post
    Wait what??

New engine November 2011:

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/att...7&d=1319212246

New engine February 2012:

http://www.ao-universe.com/files/_up...screens/03.jpg

Something weird here?
    Different areas have a different sky and different ambient?
    That's not weird.
    Formerly Vhab.
    Once upon a time ruled a server. And then sold out. Sorry.

It is weird to release such poor screenshots after the other ones though. The new ones don't even have AA enabled.
    blah

Settings can be difficult to navigate.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

I need a timeline.
    I got main, you got main?
    I got alts, you got alts?

Since, as Lindelu now says, they may release the 'rebalance' content in segments and not all at once, how about patching in the 'Hecklers will flee from those they are grey to' sooner rather than later? It was slated to come with with the 'all-in-one' rebalance and is an item that should be able to be implemented quick and easy with a minimum of repercussions in the code, compared to just about any other changes set for the rebalance. Doing so won't remove all the issues and griefing surrounding Heckler farming, but should significantly reduce the more egregarious ones.

Dagget
    President,
    Venice Academy

Quote Originally Posted by lindelu View Post

Server Merge
    I've seen a lot of discussion about doing a server merge, and we are infact looking into the possibility of doing this. The server capability now compared to ten years ago is a little more buff, so the hardware can definately handle an increased population. It's too early to give our verdict, but Macrosun is doing his thing and as soon as I know the result I will talk about it more because we feel like this is a natural step that will allow us to have more enjoyable team based content no matter in which time zone you live in.

With the Server merge this now leaves a server open.

RK1 and 2 is considered broken. The Economy that is.

You are launching a new player experience but does this include a new server? I hate to see you put all this time and effort put into this "new player experience" only to have them gasp for air that half of the population have billions and billions of credits and over the years FC has removed the mechanics in the game to farm these credits.

Or do you have other plans to combat the economy?

merge servers to rk2, and make rk1 new server with camera locked to 1st person view
    You hit Tarasque with nanobots for 18280 points of melee damage.
    First shade with Blades of Boltar
    ---
    How much is enough?
    Member of Halinallet!

Quote Originally Posted by Vhab View Post
    What gave you the impression AO is not at good standing with FC?
    There are currently 8 people that still play the game.

Angry

I've been playing this game since 2005 and currently have all my slots filled in both servers. I really think a merge sucks because I would lose half the toons I have worked on all these years to say nothing about all the creds and good stuff I have on them. Please no merge there has to be a better answer to low population. Get the damn engine up and running that might help!!

Quote Originally Posted by VAUGHN2006 View Post
    I've been playing this game since 2005 and currently have all my slots filled in both servers. I really think a merge sucks because I would lose half the toons I have worked on all these years to say nothing about all the creds and good stuff I have on them. Please no merge there has to be a better answer to low population. Get the damn engine up and running that might help!!

You would just have them renamed. Not deleted. If you have the same profession on both servers, well....

"""""Graphics Engine
    One of the things that we really want to focus on right now, is showing you the progress of our new graphics engine! We feel like it's about damn time, and thanks to Parsed and also Cube we're finally ready to produce our very first video""""

I loled hard, after so many years. Producing very first video?
    I dont want to kill your confidence because you are the new GD.
    But the new engine is not going to save you.
    Old players will not come back because you only play a game for 3-4 years maximum 5-7 years, we get older and cannot play forever.
    And if you aim for new players you need to do serious advertisement, wich i know funcom will not.
    And if that miracle happens, you still will not get many new players because the "new engine" is already outdated.
    All you have/had are us loyal players and funcom been bullsh###ing us for last 3-4 years and you come here and still LIE. Talking about merging RK1 and RK2 means AO is going to die, do not try to fool us with "plans". I think Means quit because he knew he could not keep his promises and did not want to end up as a lier.
    Long story short, "the new graphics engine" was a "HOAX" wether it comes out or not.
    Last edited by Kurdish23; Feb 4th, 2012 at 04:02:25.

What are you talking about heilt-do. With only 8 slots filled on both servers, when you shut one down you cannot put those 8 into slots on the other server even if you rename them, they are gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnnykay View Post
    There are currently 8 people that still play the game.
    HAR HAR... no.
    Formerly Vhab.
    Once upon a time ruled a server. And then sold out. Sorry.

What are you talking about heilt-do. With only 8 slots filled on both servers, when you shut one down you cannot put those 8 into slots on the other server even if you rename them, they are gone.
    Where did you read that ? Plus free vet account, problem solved.
    Server first !!! Neutral Solitus Male Soldier named Boltgun to wear a short with pink spots on RK1 !!!
    N E U T R A L I Z E R S

Quote Originally Posted by Vhab View Post
    HAR HAR... no.
    Can't you see my point, though? The population seems to be in a pretty steadly decline, expecially since swtor came into the picture. I would have to think those at the top might be cognizant of declining revenue and balance the costs of paying even the few people that work on AO with the amount of income potential the game still has. After a while, even those that love a dog realize it's time to put it to sleep.
    Last edited by Johnnykay; Feb 4th, 2012 at 14:12:19.

Where did you read they would give free vet accounts to take care of those 8 toons?

Smile

Anarchy Online is alive and kicking.

Where did you read they would give free vet accounts to take care of those 8 toons?
    It aint completely free, but comes with 60 free days

Shadow Atlantians

= Tikra :: 220 Advy (Inf Hater) | Inevitable :: 220 Crat (Hunting stuffz) | Gotnobuffs :: 210 MP (TS Totem) | Atlantiana :: 200 Solja (Clueless Blondie) =
    = Unabletonuke :: 160 NT (Kitehill Victim) | Aliumeater :: 150 MA (S10 Citizen) | Canhazcalms :: 100 Froob Crat (Foremans Slave) | Canhazbaffs :: 163 Froob Agent (Buffbox) =

PVM all the way

Quote Originally Posted by Tikra View Post
    It aint completely free, but comes with 60 free days
    So in the long run you still wind up either paying more or losing your toons. That's still a bad idea!

So in the long run you still wind up either paying more or losing your toons. That's still a bad idea!
    and where you did read that your toons will be deleted on merge?
    im sure FC will find a way to preserve all your toon.
    i can think of 2 possible ways without putting any effort to it.
    Last edited by Otansaanpas; Feb 4th, 2012 at 19:28:55.
    You hit Tarasque with nanobots for 18280 points of melee damage.
    First shade with Blades of Boltar
    ---
    How much is enough?
    Member of Halinallet!

Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 LastLast