Thread: Arena style PvP

Arena style PvP

When chatting to another player today about pvp opportunitys i got the idea of reviving the Tir (or any other) Arena pit.

I would suggest to have a queue eqaul to BS queue where you can join a 1v1 2v2 3v3 and whatever u would like to add.

the matchmaking would be completely random within the people who queue for it.

any thoughts?
    SPARTANS
    We bow down before no man.
    Recruiting Thread | Website

bs IS a 1vs1 2vs2 etc these days. just most of the time its a 1vs4 or 1vs5 or 2vs6. working as intended.

seriously though, i like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Iorekzix View Post
    I would suggest to have a queue eqaul to BS queue where you can join a 1v1 2v2 3v3 and whatever u would like to add.
    The sad thing about this is that you only need a queue because you want to EXCLUDE other people who might disrupt your honest PvP fight.

Otherwise just go to the area with the Notum Smugglers. It has all elements except the queue you would like for PvP, like you don't lose buffs after you've died, open areas, close quarters, etc.
    First small fat Engi on RK1 who danced ballet in Red Twil Thigh High Boots in front of an Advy and got pronounced to greatness almost instantly.

Afreng (220/30/70 engineer) Alfora
    Keepitsimple Exploratia Malpora Osmosa Tunneleffect Eccegratia Littleboy

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Or, well, that's how it's supposed to work. ;P

Bs rarely run now, and what type of rewards do you want from doing these?
    With funcom profiting from the intentional lack of ability to get enough vp for free, you really think they will add a way to get more?

More arenas will not bring pvp back to AO, with so many in the system way over powered and the bad reputation AO's pvp system has, it will be hard to come back.

more arenas won't fix the non-duel pvp experience, but even teams would.