Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone Remember when AO was still a game?

Quote Originally Posted by Artyomis View Post
    3. NW blob wars. 100+ vs 100+ damn long fights. 1 site assault could last whole 6 hours without even 50% of towers destroyed. CC backwarps due to overcrowded area was both annoying and exciting.
    Nothing like defending / attacking the same damned site (normally DAV or PW) for 6+ hours. As annoying as it was, group rushes from either side got the blood pumping and exciting watching who would run away first. (in my experience it was Brucelee* running away from my 220 mp)

I remember getting low FPS outside TOTW from all the people, getting a pickup team just from standing outside, and being in the third instance because the first two were full.

Also, sandworms massacring the greenies and ~30 people standing inside the entrance waiting for it to go away.

Quote Originally Posted by srompu View Post
    i remember getting low fps outside totw from all the people, getting a pickup team just from standing outside, and being in the third instance because the first two were full.

Also, sandworms massacring the greenies and ~30 people standing inside the entrance waiting for it to go away.
    sandworm!!11!
    Hellcom "Stillian" Receptionist | Eternalist | Squad Commander of Primal Evolution
    Agent "Lilmiz007" Isbeak | Finalizer | Squad Commander of Primal Evolution
    Style "Heldale" Attack | General | Squad Commander of Primal Evolution

|| Primal Evolution ||

Quote Originally Posted by srompu View Post
    I remember getting low FPS outside TOTW from all the people, getting a pickup team just from standing outside, and being in the third instance because the first two were full.

fun fun fun

then go to hackers after totw, clans actually had 2 b carefull when taking the ferry.
    Last edited by leetlover; May 23rd, 2014 at 11:04:01.
    Disclaimer: My posts should not be read by anyone.

3. NW blob wars. 100+ vs 100+ damn long fights. 1 site assault could last whole 6 hours without even 50% of towers destroyed. CC backwarps due to overcrowded area was both annoying and exciting.
    Remove /asssit, /follow - *BAM* good ol' times
    Quote Originally Posted by Vgman01 View Post
    With a kite team you generaly pay for your lvls. Imo this makes it ok..
    Pocket teaming is fine to because (most of the time) players actualy step up and kill the hecklers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hvyshadows View Post
    OST is actually a good thing. In many Ely heck teams where there is a pocket the rest of the team sits around and chats every once in awhile.

Quote Originally Posted by Metafizis View Post
    Remove /asssit, /follow - *BAM* good ol' times
    Please stop with the rediculous anti mb suggestions. Remove /follow is dumb, and means if you are blinded you are pretty much dead. Remove /assist makes raids longer, and more hectic. Bug com has enough problems to deal with that change the entire game to fix something they cant.

But back to topic, Newbie island was the funnest area in the game, maybe its because i spent 2 weeks there lost because my fog was 100%.

Or maybe it was with my first froob agent org president that enchanted us with stories of how he one shot a 220 to death with a 13k AS. Just to give us confidence that we could do anything we wanted. It was a very fun and community time, as he was charismatic and had a lot of stories with scripts to support them.

AO made the same mistake DBZ (Dragonball z) made, they made everyone to powerful with all the new items that came with new content. That made the best designed/ balanced content obsolete.
    Once they realized this happened like they said "oh crap" and made dbz gt (dbz grand failure), in AO's case the "INIT FIX" and many other changes to make things harder. They screwed new people and froobs, cause only vets were getting super powerful while everyone else stayed the same.
    When they finnally realized their grave error, they threw daily missions at everyone. (IT FAILED, people want to play the game not use lvl fast in it)

You forum people also must take responsibility for AO, although some content may have been frustrating and hard, it was fun challenging or at least got your blood pumping. Unfortunately these contents you guys systematically went on the forums to change the second you had your fun with them.

Quote Originally Posted by edmaster3 View Post
    Please stop with the rediculous anti mb suggestions. Remove /follow is dumb, and means if you are blinded you are pretty much dead. Remove /assist makes raids longer, and more hectic. Bug com has enough problems to deal with that change the entire game to fix something they cant.
    Good point - blind shouldnt totaly black out your screen but muddle it to 80% opacity. Also, how do you follow something if you cant even see what direction it is positioned at..
    Dont really care for PvM but /assist in PvP really takes the fun out of it. It might have been ok in 2002,
    but nowdays taking it out is actually a balancing measure.
    Last edited by Metafizis; May 25th, 2014 at 12:01:59.
    With a kite team you generaly pay for your lvls. Imo this makes it ok..
    Pocket teaming is fine to because (most of the time) players actualy step up and kill the hecklers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hvyshadows View Post
    OST is actually a good thing. In many Ely heck teams where there is a pocket the rest of the team sits around and chats every once in awhile.

Quote Originally Posted by Metafizis View Post
    Good point - blind shouldnt totaly black out your screen but muddle it to 80% opacity. Also, hw doyou follow something if you cant even see what direction it is positioned at..
    Dont really care for PvM but /assist in PvP really takes the fun out of it. It might have been ok in 2002,
    but nowdays taking it out is actually a balancing measure.
    Yes it doesnt make any sense, being able to follow someone while blinded but its the only way to not make blinds to oped. Until there is a better idea to implement blind they need follow.

While pvp isnt my priority i do wish it was funner. You cant attribute a lot of pvp problems to assist though.
    Its more like people are to powerful, maybe nerfing healing abilities, evades, and specials in pvp to make the fight last longer will make pvp more fun. Once you leave assist in pvm i don't really care.

I can admit 3 phases of AO that were the most exciting to me:
    1. First months after SL release. Tons of new content, infinite recalculations of different setups due to appeared perks, new armors, weapons n stuff. Inferno dynaboss camp conquests.

2. First months after AI release. Again, new perks, armors and items. Playerbase is still new to AI, first combined AI pieces taken as great achievement on both, getting parts farmed and finding appropriate tradeskiller to actually combine them all
    If you play since 2005 and SL was released in 2003 and AI 2004 how can next months after release be exciting to you if you not play AO yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Troxlub View Post
    If you play since 2005 and SL was released in 2003 and AI 2004 how can next months after release be exciting to you if you not play AO yet?
    I think we established, possibly quite some time ago, that forum join date != the date you started playing the game.
    Hellcom "Stillian" Receptionist | Eternalist | Squad Commander of Primal Evolution

|| Primal Evolution ||

Yes of course Stillian I know that, didnt noticed his forum date. I ask because http://auno.org/ao/char.php?dimension=2&name=Artyomis

Yes of course Stillian I know that, didnt noticed his forum date. I ask because http://auno.org/ao/char.php?dimension=2&name=Artyomis
    I go by Traderjill now, in 2014, (http://auno.org/ao/char.php?dimension=2&name=Traderjill) but my first toon, 10 years ago in 2004, was my MA Ameliaa (http://auno.org/ao/char.php?dimension=2&name=Ameliaa). Hope you see what I mean in terms of not being able to use forum name or even current main toon name to determine game start date.
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

Yes, but we all know Artyomis is Arty main, isnt it? Oo

Yes, but we all know Artyomis is Arty main, isnt it? Oo
    Who knows.. I'd never heard of him til a year or two ago as I play Clanside and hadn't PvP'd since pre-LE. Guess he's big on Omni side RK2, at least I was just pointing out that mains in 2014 don't necessarily equate to a main 10-13 years ago. That's a reason I have Omegalife/Amelia in my forum title.. because someone that knew me under one of those names might not have any idea that I'm also traderjill.
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

Quote Originally Posted by Difs View Post
    I just rolled a froob in the past couple of weeks and I'm having a blast.
    This. I just rolled a froob agent (my first agent!) after having spent several months not playing. He's level 15, no imps, still using starter rifle, no credz given from my other toons, and I, too, am having a blast. I'm broke, I have no yalm, and I'm loving it!

Quote Originally Posted by Stillian View Post
    I think we established, possibly quite some time ago, that forum join date != the date you started playing the game.
    Forum join date = date you registered on the forums.
    http://auno.org/ao/char.php?dimension=1&name=Caloss2 Actually started Cal2 in nov 2001, my first reroll of this guy http://auno.org/ao/char.php?dimension=1&name=Caloss who was then a nano-gimp adv.
    Caloss2 LVL 220 melee VANGUARD (semi retired).....Llewlyn 220/30/70 meepmeep.....Boooocal 220../30/70 Soldier.......Knack 220/30/70 Keeper.....Hiesenberg 215/xx/xx NT NERFED Neytiri1 220/30/70 Shade Knacker220/30/70Meat shield
    https://www.youtube.com/user/caloss2 for guides/walkthroughs/letsplays and all your other AO needs
    Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta
    In my special design documents that I feed to the FC devs, who are my willing slaves.

Quote Originally Posted by Caloss2 View Post
    Forum join date = date you registered on the forums.
    http://auno.org/ao/char.php?dimension=1&name=Caloss2 Actually started Cal2 in nov 2001, my first reroll of this guy http://auno.org/ao/char.php?dimension=1&name=Caloss who was then a nano-gimp adv.
    Not sure if you're quoting me for truth, or disagreeing with me. If the latter, please read again

|| Primal Evolution ||

Quote Originally Posted by Stillian View Post
    Not sure if you're quoting me for truth, or disagreeing with me. If the latter, please read again
    I was agreeing and making simpler, evidencing it with the links. or would have used ≠ (but's a pita to type)
    Last edited by Caloss2; Jul 17th, 2014 at 20:19:00.
    Caloss2 LVL 220 melee VANGUARD (semi retired).....Llewlyn 220/30/70 meepmeep.....Boooocal 220../30/70 Soldier.......Knack 220/30/70 Keeper.....Hiesenberg 215/xx/xx NT NERFED Neytiri1 220/30/70 Shade Knacker220/30/70Meat shield
    https://www.youtube.com/user/caloss2 for guides/walkthroughs/letsplays and all your other AO needs
    Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta
    In my special design documents that I feed to the FC devs, who are my willing slaves.

Does anyone still play AO because its a good game or do most of you play because you have friends you want to keep in touch with or help?

Do you suggest AO to your friends to play?

Quote Originally Posted by edmaster3 View Post
    Do you suggest AO to your friends to play?
    Nobody is that mean.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast