Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Create a LFT chat channel.

Create a LFT chat channel.

Create a LFT chat channel. All zones, all sides, all levels. Reformat the text, though. Pick a unique but legible color.

Format: Optional timestamp, user, level, team range, side.
    (23:56) Enfolicious [60: 42-83 - CLAN]: hai guyz totw plx

Making it "all sides" would be the simplest thing, but the other option is: LFT chat is input only, and you set your chat window to subscribe to it, but it gives no output. Depending on what LFT chatter you want to see, though, you change which output-only channels you are subscribed to. Want to see all LFT chat? Subscribe to LFT-OT, LFT-CLAN, and LFT-NEUT. Don't want chat from every side? Pick which ones you want.

I suggest going with "all sides" or single-in/multi-out just so that people don't have to spam LFT on multiple channels to reach all eyes that should see it. As for it being a "security risk" for any given side, DON'T GIVE OUT SENSITIVE INFORMATION ON LFT CHAT. It would be PVM oriented and should be used for PVM only.

Benefit over LFT window: Chat from people outside your level range is visible. You can see things like "220 soldier here giving free SoM runs to lowbies" or "60 NT twink here with one TOTW spot free pst" where you otherwise wouldn't because LFT is level range restricted.

Yeah, I know neutnet/whatever does this. I see a lot of complaints about that, though, and you first have to KNOW it exists, and you have to be over level 50 (or have a character over level 50 with you registered as an alt) to register. We need something that you're subscribed to by default so that new players know it exists.

What would stop this from becoming the new shopping/hate the opposite faction-channel?
    Mamman-_ 220/28 Enforcer Pretty!!
    Fluortanten 220/30 Soldier
    Pebble__.i_ 220/27 Shade
    Dogfood_._ 220/23 Agent

Paradise.

STATUS OF KYAI: Not breathing

Maturity of the community? (Ahahaha!)

Hopefully, people would realize that they would benefit from not ****ting where they eat and use the channel appropriately. Aside from that, a per-channel filtering system so you could block out "wtb" and "wts" and certain credit sellers might be good.

We used to have one. It was never used and wasn't great since it was mostly zone-bassd. LFT interface was a much better replacement for it.

if someone made a bot for that and gave admin rights to neutnet nazis there wouldnt be any cash spammers except for cred sellers :O

maybe a subscription level requirement of 10 or 15?

Esssch: Zone-based is an unacceptable limitation! The problem with the LFT interface is that it doesn't pop up and tell you that it is there, and feedback isn't realtime. I've contacted people from LFT who were "afk (since 387 hours and 63567e10 minutes ago)". It's a bit ****.

Quote Originally Posted by vitriolic-v View Post
    Esssch: Zone-based is an unacceptable limitation! The problem with the LFT interface is that it doesn't pop up and tell you that it is there, and feedback isn't realtime. I've contacted people from LFT who were "afk (since 387 hours and 63567e10 minutes ago)". It's a bit ****.
    With a chat channel it's too easy to miss someone. Say someone posts LFT for ToTW. A minute later someone logs on who would join for ToTW, but doesn't want to post themselves. The first person can't just post every 2 minutes, that'd be spamming, so they're unlikely to find each other. A better idea would be to put an AFK marker on the LFT interface. Activate the LFT marker with /afk and/or after a certain amount of inactivity and don't let people disable it like the chat auto AFK.

Create a stable 3rd party bot with some changes.. and with leaders that does not ban you for scratching your nose wrong.

I'm not saying get rid of current LFT. I'm saying add a chat. That way, people can arrange things outside the XP-sharing level range.

Or how's this: LFT-Chat as an in-game board that sorts by most recent post, with time stamp. Exact duplicate messages won't be separately logged, but this will bump them upward. Duplicate posts can't be made more than every five minutes (so people can still post "one spot left" messages as the team fills), and messages in general can't be posted more than every one minute.

A checkbox could be added that lets you constrain results to your XP-sharing team level range, but one should be able to see LFT messages from every player in the game if one desires.

Quote Originally Posted by Esssch View Post
    We used to have one. It was never used and wasn't great since it was mostly zone-bassd. LFT interface was a much better replacement for it.
    On RK2 it was used quite a bit. Because it was zone based, instead of having people stand around someplace (like a city), they actually hung out in the zone where they wanted to team, anxiously awaiting a spot to open up. But that was during the days where all spots were full in all leveling zones in SL (i.e. Ely, Adonis and Inferno).

Anyway, regarding the original idea a faction based LFT channel that can be seen in all zones is a good idea. I would even go as far as to say that there could be a LFT channel and a LFR (Looking for Raid) channel just to filter the chat a bit more.
    Last edited by Traderjill; Jun 16th, 2014 at 05:56:05.
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

There needs to be an lft system not just a chat, where people can queue for places, were depending on your lvl and what area you sigh up for it will warp you there.
    For the new specialized dungeons you can mark yourself as tank, damage healer support, etc. Only you know how you play.

Truth is while the lft channel helps, some people really dont like starting teams. Many people could go afk or log off after posting there. And many don't want the stress of starting a team because you are the leader and everyone wants you to find the right professions, get things ready and make miracles happen.
    We live in a beautiful world

Neutnet and Dnet are both down and I was left in game wondering "How the heck do I put together an ely heck team?"

Options are:
    - Org: People not interested atm/doing other stuff/Not many on at USA evening
    - Spam OOC in main cities and zone you want to level
    - LFT (which only has 3 people on atm)

The advantage of both dnet and neutnet is that you can spam for something that isn't necessarily constantly being done (like normal leveling teams) and people will see the message, even if on an alt, and join in for some fun.

Funcom, if you're reading this.. you really need to prioritize some sort of a fix. I understand allowing neutnet/dnet to exist because they provide a cool service but when they're both down.. it is impossible to continue normal way of life things.
    You can find me at:

Quote Originally Posted by Traderjill View Post
    Neutnet and Dnet are both down and I was left in game wondering "How the heck do I put together an ely heck team?"

Options are:
    - Org: People not interested atm/doing other stuff/Not many on at USA evening
    - Spam OOC in main cities and zone you want to level
    - LFT (which only has 3 people on atm)

The advantage of both dnet and neutnet is that you can spam for something that isn't necessarily constantly being done (like normal leveling teams) and people will see the message, even if on an alt, and join in for some fun.

Funcom, if you're reading this.. you really need to prioritize some sort of a fix. I understand allowing neutnet/dnet to exist because they provide a cool service but when they're both down.. it is impossible to continue normal way of life things.
    This is so true, the way neutnet and dnet work albeit they are even a little dead right now would be a great way to solve the LFT if there were integrated channels. You can see neutnet anywhere you are, even on an alt and jump on to do something, and provides easy ways to sell big items since it spans all factions. I've heard a lot of things about people being banned from the bots for lots of stupid things, I've always been extremely careful using them because of this, but if it were a channel just let free without moderation it would just end up full of gold spammers and spammers in general.

We have that newish filter system to help with that, though. Let's not task anyone with active moderation, because then it just wouldn't happen.

Dnet and Neutnet both down again.. figured its time to push this back to the top.
    You can find me at:

I remember LFT channels were a huge advantage back in the days. Hunting in Clon****, SW/NE Mines, Lush, 20k, etc. So I'd bump this. LFT Interface is cool, but people can be pesky about it -and annoying leaving it on and going AFK-.
    Protektor- Engydoggy- Spydoggy- RealMadrid - Some others.
    Rolling around RK since Dec 2001.
    ¡Se habla español!

Why is everyone talking about lft on neutnet? I got banned for asking if anyone's doing c-ai that I could join for up on an alt, because "lft not allowed on neutnet" mimimi.

Also vote for a channel like this. Mostly, so I'm not dependent on bots, run by such megalomaniacal people, it's not even funny anymore.
    Don't set yourself on fire to keep others warm.

I'll just quote myself from a post when someone suggested a global chat channel:

Quote Originally Posted by Triadninja View Post
    Here's how I see a global chat going down:

[Global OOC] ihavecancer1234588: FAST CREDIT DELIVERY!!!!! 500M/$6.95!!!!!! WWW.CREDSPAM.RU/LOSER/!!!!!!
    [Global OOC] ihavecancer1472898: FAST CREDIT DELIVERY!!!!! 500M/$6.95!!!!!! WWW.CREDSPAM.RU/LOSER/!!!!!!
    [Global OOC] Clantoon142: WTS OVERLYPRICED ITEM! PST!
    [Global OOC] Omnitoon455: WTS OTHER OVERLYPRICED ITEM! PST!
    [Global OOC] You: hey guys wats up
    [Global OOC] Complainer999: OMG THIS GAME IS DUMB FUNCOM SUXORZ
    [Global OOC] ihavecancer1478293: FAST CREDIT DELIVERY!!!!! 500M/$6.95!!!!!! WWW.CREDSPAM.RU/LOSER/!!!!!!
    [Global OOC] Complainer593: I KNOW FUNCOM IS LITERALLY HITLER
    [Global OOC] Randomdudezorz: YOU ALL SUCK

Sure you could block it off, but I just see global as getting abused way too much. They had global chat in WoW at one point, and it got promptly removed after they realized it was a GMs worst nightmare.
    same thing would happen with a LFT channel that was global.

And, once again, we have a pretty effective filter system for the credspam.

Re: Spammy chat: Population is much lower here than on WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Baby View Post
    Why is everyone talking about lft on neutnet? I got banned for asking if anyone's doing c-ai that I could join for up on an alt, because "lft not allowed on neutnet" mimimi.

Also vote for a channel like this. Mostly, so I'm not dependent on bots, run by such megalomaniacal people, it's not even funny anymore.
    If I remember correctly the rules for nuetnet say that you're allowed to use it to look for more, but not look for a team, which I don't really agree with. I assume you could use the general channel for a question like that, but I tiptoe very lightly on there personally; I hear about people being banned a lot without warning.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast