Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Could atroxes be made viable for female players please?

think about how ugly female atrox would look. kinda hard to believe any girl would like play it. Makes me wonder how they look in real life.

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=611569

Scroll down to the previous post

Maybe you cant feel represented by visual appearance but you could choose atrox to represent your functional characteristics. (i.e giving birth)

Quote Originally Posted by Caloss2 View Post
    {removed}

The reason Atrox are judged as "male" is down to a person using stereotypical gender cues from the appearance of the person.

Atrox are a genetically modified artificial lifeform that cannot procreate, someone judging that they don't look female is like saying "I want to use the fish, but I want it with bigger wheels" Fish do not come with wheels.
    Well, no, it's more like pointing out the fact that being physically asexual does not mean one can't choose to look traditionally feminine. In fact it's not like that, it is that.

Sromp and McKnuckleSamwich, it's not the muscles and build I've been objecting to, it's that there are no atrox heads that make an attempt to present as traditionally female, i.e. with longer hair, possibly makeup, etc.

About number seven (in Sromp's post) though, there's a difference between marginalizing women - 50% of the population - and marginalizing the combination of special snowflake symptoms you described, approximately .001% of the population.

Quote Originally Posted by Clamperouge View Post
    Well, no, it's more like pointing out the fact that being physically asexual does not mean one can't choose to look traditionally feminine. In fact it's not like that, it is that.

Sromp and McKnuckleSamwich, it's not the muscles and build I've been objecting to, it's that there are no atrox heads that make an attempt to present as traditionally female, i.e. with longer hair, possibly makeup, etc.

About number seven (in Sromp's post) though, there's a difference between marginalizing women - 50% of the population - and marginalizing the combination of special snowflake symptoms you described, approximately .001% of the population.
    I think you're just trolling, and atrox isn't a human was my point effectivly it's is AO'sbeast /monster/non-human breed that means you can't attribute masculine or feminine to it, my second point was it appears masculine to you because you are stereotyping.
    Last edited by Caloss2; Jul 22nd, 2014 at 14:34:29.
    Caloss2 LVL 220 melee VANGUARD (semi retired).....Llewlyn 220/30/70 meepmeep.....Boooocal 220../30/70 Soldier.......Knack 220/30/70 Keeper.....Hiesenberg 215/xx/xx NT NERFED Neytiri1 220/30/70 Shade Knacker220/30/70Meat shield
    https://www.youtube.com/user/caloss2 for guides/walkthroughs/letsplays and all your other AO needs
    Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta
    In my special design documents that I feed to the FC devs, who are my willing slaves.

What a ridiculous thread, even for RP'ers this would be a daft one...
    One profession to RoO them all, one profession to proc stun them, one profession to calm them all and in the darkness Exp perk them!

Crataiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution - 3rd AI 30 'Crat on RK 1 Setup
    Calms 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution
    Medicaiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution Setup
    Newen 220/30/70 President - The Galactic Milieu
    Mettagirl 220/20/** General - Primal Evolution
    Krataiken 150/18/40 General - Primal Evolution Setup

Yeah, having an unusual opinion isn't trolling.

You're banging on about the atrox heads potentially not being male, but the simple fact of reality is that some aesthetic traits are perceived as male and some as female. Yes, someone with a female gender identity can choose (or be stuck with) perceived-as-masculine traits, but what on Earth does that have to do with anything? I, right here, am someone with a female gender identity who does not want to have perceived-as-masculine traits, and that's the topic of discussion right now.

There's room in the world all kinds. Women who like to appear as traditionally feminine exist as do women who don't mind looking like stereotypical males. Why not cater to all of them, with a canonically physically asexual breed? What's stopping atroxes from having long hair or facial surgery to appear more feminine? There's some freaky variation in Nanomage faces; some not having eyes or mouths, we know the technology exists to make atroxes look however the hell they choose. So why do they all have to look male?
    Last edited by Clamperouge; Jul 22nd, 2014 at 15:40:17.

Yeah, having an unusual opinion isn't trolling.

You're banging on about the atrox heads potentially not being male, but the simple fact of reality is that some aesthetic traits are perceived as male and some as female. Yes, someone with a female gender identity can choose (or be stuck with) perceived-as-masculine traits, but what on Earth does that have to do with anything? I, right here, am someone with a female gender identity who does not want to have perceived-as-masculine traits, and that's the topic of discussion right now.

There's room in the world all kinds. Women who like to appear as traditionally feminine exist as do women who don't mind looking like stereotypical males. Why not cater to all of them, with a canonically physically asexual breed? What's stopping atroxes from having long hair or facial surgery to appear more feminine?
    An atrox wouldn't care it's essentially a lab animal, humans have a sexual identity atroxes don't.

Yes pretending to to have a ridiculous opinion is a form of trolling, I'm pretty sure that's not what you're doing.
    Caloss2 LVL 220 melee VANGUARD (semi retired).....Llewlyn 220/30/70 meepmeep.....Boooocal 220../30/70 Soldier.......Knack 220/30/70 Keeper.....Hiesenberg 215/xx/xx NT NERFED Neytiri1 220/30/70 Shade Knacker220/30/70Meat shield
    https://www.youtube.com/user/caloss2 for guides/walkthroughs/letsplays and all your other AO needs
    In my special design documents that I feed to the FC devs, who are my willing slaves.

Atroxes are sentient. I think it's safe to say they can have gender identities.

{removed}
    Last edited by Anarrina; Jul 22nd, 2014 at 16:49:00.

I like the idea of a feminine looking atrox. This idea sorta reminds me of Taureans from WoW. No matter what gender you choose, they still look pretty bulky and such but it's kinda cool to have pigtails and a little make-up on the female version.

I understand the backstory of the atrox breed but, as has been mentioned, I don't see how it could be perceived outrageous that 'someone' decided to make feminine looking atroxes. I mean some scientist thought it was a good idea to genetically manufacture a dragon and put it in a castle so why not a feminine atrox head?

Anyway, Clamperouge, I wouldn't worry about many of these responses in this thread. I don't have any atrox characters for a couple of reasons you mentioned and also, as Pafpuf mentioned.. the bulkiness on my screen. If there were a feminine head option I'd definitely roll one as I have a lot of fun doing the twink calcs for trox toons owned by friends.

I also don't wish to get into gender wars here on the forums but I honestly believe it is possible that some of the people responding to you are simply not capable of understanding your motivation for this suggestion. There probably is no point going back and forth over it.
    Last edited by Traderjill; Jul 22nd, 2014 at 15:53:40.
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

I don't think it would even necessarily take anyone especially trying to make feminine atroxes. I mean I'm assuming by the events of RK there's a cure for baldness, so even if atroxes are more prone to having less hair than traditionally feminine for hormonal reasons, I'm sure they could get it fixed at a clinic somewhere. Likewise facial shape; I mean, we have the technology to feminize peoples' skulls even now - see some of the crazy before and after pictures of South Korean facial feminization surgery.

{removed}
    Last edited by Anarrina; Jul 22nd, 2014 at 16:49:54.

I don't think it would even necessarily take anyone especially trying to make feminine atroxes. I mean I'm assuming by the events of RK there's a cure for baldness, so even if atroxes are more prone to having less hair than traditionally feminine I'm sure they could get it fixed at a clinic somewhere. Likewise facial shape; I mean, we have the technology to feminize peoples' skulls now - see some of the crazy before and after pictures of South Korean facial feminization surgery.
    So is it a "ladyboy" thing you're wanting ?

So is it a "ladyboy" thing you're wanting ?
    No, actually. Just for physically asexual breeds to either look physically asexual or have the full range of appearances available, rather than only masculine ones.

{removed}
    only issue here is that you dont understand the fact that nobody is forcing you to choose atrox. soli enf gets like 1k less hp at 220 than trox. Also soli would be more viable choice for you since you most likely dont have any skill at twinking.
    Last edited by Anarrina; Jul 22nd, 2014 at 16:51:02.

Quote Originally Posted by Aiken View Post
    {removed}
    Also, atroxes are physically asexual, not necessarily genderless. A physically asexual, intersex or androgynous person can have any or no gender identity, completely unrelated to their physical characteristics.
    Last edited by Anarrina; Jul 22nd, 2014 at 16:51:56.

Tell you what, I'll let you know when I start shouting and screaming. Once again, **** off with the presumption. You don't know the first thing about me so I think I'm far better placed to tell the group when I'm shouting and screaming.

I didn't abuse anyone until I started receiving abuse myself, and that's what Caloss' entire contribution to this thread has been. He could have said his piece about the content and left, but instead he marginalized my opinion by calling it trolling, which is about the most abusive, offensive and presumptuous thing you can say, so yes I responded in kind to him. I'm still perfectly willing to talk to anyone who isn't accusing me of being a troll just because they don't agree with me.
    Wait so, my wife and two daughters are also sexist ?

And what opportunities are you talking about here?
    I wasn't saying that at first, I was saying they are irrelevant. Your wife and daughters do not matter. I do not care what they think. But yes, as it happens, they are sexist if they don't realise the inherent sexism of a game providing only male-presenting models for a supposedly asexual race.

And the opportunities I'm talking about are being able to both play as atrox and a character whose physical appearance matches your own gender identity. Men get to access that breed without having to essentially play as the opposite sex, women don't.
    Last edited by Clamperouge; Jul 22nd, 2014 at 16:29:55.

From a reality point of view, Atroxes should always appear more masculine.
    The simple fact is, they were genetically engineered, and pumped full of so much testosterone and other hormones that you would never be able to get feminine looking character traits out of it.
    Hell, I'd rather suggest the Atrox meshes should have ears, hands, and noses that grow the higher level you become due to the amount of HGH that is consumed when leveling up, and when you hit 220 you die of sudden myocardial infarction due to the increased cholesterol levels.

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

Quote Originally Posted by Wakizaka View Post
    From a reality point of view, Atroxes should always appear more masculine.
    The simple fact is, they were genetically engineered, and pumped full of so much testosterone and other hormones that you would never be able to get feminine looking character traits out of it.
    Hell, I'd rather suggest the Atrox meshes should have ears, hands, and noses that grow the higher level you become due to the amount of HGH that is consumed when leveling up, and when you hit 220 you die of sudden myocardial infarction due to the increased cholesterol levels.
    Well, surgery is pretty advanced even these days, let alone by the events of AO. I mean, humans can transform into animals without even having to undergo drastic surgery by the setting's standards, surely they could be made to appear slightly less masculinized with as little effort, if they chose to?

I don't disagree that atroxes of any gender identity should be large, muscle-bound hulks, I just think some slightly less manly faces make a lot of sense and would make at least a few people happy.

I've reread the original post and I'm really confused about why so many people, in this thread, are against the idea of a couple/few feminine heads. Again stating, that I get the storyline but in a game world that is as technologically advanced as AO's universe I don't see any historical justification as a barrier to making future changes.

And in regards to women that don't want to play toons that are physically masculine. What is the big deal with that? I know plenty of men that play Anarchy Online that simply won't roll a female toon because they don't want to play one. Their reasoning, from in-game and out of game conversations, isn't very different from that expressed by the original poster.

Is there something else going on here?
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

Quote Originally Posted by Traderjill View Post
    I've reread the original post and I'm really confused about why so many people, in this thread, are against the idea of a couple/few feminine heads. Again stating, that I get the storyline but in a game world that is as technologically advanced as AO's universe I don't see any historical justification as a barrier to making future changes.

And in regards to women that don't want to play toons that are physically masculine. What is the big deal with that? I know plenty of men that play Anarchy Online that simply won't roll a female toon because they don't want to play one. Their reasoning, from in-game and out of game conversations, isn't very different from that expressed by the original poster.

Is there something else going on here?
    I don't care either way, I play some female toons some male some atrox, and the other thing that's going on here, is an aggressive troll ranting at everyone else and enjoying all the attention as trolls do. I wouldn't think you'd be taken in by an alternate character troll Jill, so I'm guess you're sitting on the fence still on whether it is or not.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast