Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Could atroxes be made viable for female players please?

Quote Originally Posted by Traderjill View Post
    I've reread the original post and I'm really confused about why so many people, in this thread, are against the idea of a couple/few feminine heads. Again stating, that I get the storyline but in a game world that is as technologically advanced as AO's universe I don't see any historical justification as a barrier to making future changes.

And in regards to women that don't want to play toons that are physically masculine. What is the big deal with that? I know plenty of men that play Anarchy Online that simply won't roll a female toon because they don't want to play one. Their reasoning, from in-game and out of game conversations, isn't very different from that expressed by the original poster.

Is there something else going on here?
    I only refuse to play female soli characters, their resting stance is just so bad it makes my posture cry.

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

Quote Originally Posted by Clamperouge View Post
    Tell you what, I'll let you know when I start shouting and screaming. Once again, off with the presumption. You don't know the first thing about me so I think I'm far better placed to tell the group when I'm shouting and screaming.
    Actually, the person who gets to make that definitive judgment is me.

Yes, there is a significant amount of shouting and screaming and personal abuse going on in this thread, and the majority of inappropriate and abusive language is currently coming from the original poster.

I just removed an entire page of posts from this thread. Everyone knock it off. Three strikes rule in force for this one and you're two down already.
    Coordinator Anarrina
    Public Forums Moderation Team Lead
    Community Relations Department

Advisors of Rubi-Ka

Forum Social Guidelines // Social Events with ARK // Rubi-Ka Marriage Registry // ARK Tours // Join ARK!

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one. -- GRRM

I don't care who you are, you do not get to tell me I'm "shouting and screaming". You don't know me.

Other than that, fine.

Quote Originally Posted by cheesecrunch View Post
    {removed}
    {removed}

@ Traderjill agreed, some people just aren't comfortable essentially roleplaying a gender that isn't theirs, I don't see why they can't be accommodated in this case. I'm not saying there is no conceivable way a story could contain a species who all look incredibly male, just that AO's story doesn't really state that all atroxes can't appear as anything other than scary-looking, hyper-masculinized [faced] thugs.
    Last edited by Anarrina; Jul 22nd, 2014 at 17:23:47.

There's precedent for having other heads available. My soli froob agent has the nm vampire looking one. The only reason to not have a few more androgynous heads available is lack of resources but unless AO is suddenly perceived as the new Wildstar, that lack will keep us where we are so this is all wishing for fishes.

Quote Originally Posted by Caloss2 View Post
    I wouldn't think you'd be taken in by an alternate character troll Jill, so I'm guess you're sitting on the fence still on whether it is or not.
    I have no way of knowing whose forum account is an alt account or not and a lot better things to do than worry about it. I make it a point not to try to assume why someone is presenting an idea on game forums. I don't know any of you all in real life so there's a good chance that whatever reasoning I come up with for why someone posts what they posts is going to be wrong.

I like to stick to the facts. The fact is that I like the original poster's idea of some feminine atrox heads. I've brought this up many times, over the years, to friends. Now the OP could be trolling.. but if they are they managed to stumble upon an idea I like as it would benefit me and, from my perspective, not take anything away from the game.
    Last edited by Traderjill; Jul 22nd, 2014 at 17:12:06.
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

Quote Originally Posted by Traderjill View Post
    I have no way of knowing whose forum account is an alt account or not and a lot better things to do than worry about it. I liked the original idea of some feminine atrox heads. I've said it many times, over the years, to friends. Now the OP could be trolling.. but if they are they managed to stumble upon an idea I like as it would benefit me and, from my perspective, not take anything away from the game.
    What about, Atrox female, basically Soli but extra-tall, or does that not help with the screen getting filled ?
    Caloss2 LVL 220 melee VANGUARD (semi retired).....Llewlyn 220/30/70 meepmeep.....Boooocal 220../30/70 Soldier.......Knack 220/30/70 Keeper.....Hiesenberg 215/xx/xx NT NERFED Neytiri1 220/30/70 Shade Knacker220/30/70Meat shield
    https://www.youtube.com/user/caloss2 for guides/walkthroughs/letsplays and all your other AO needs
    Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta
    In my special design documents that I feed to the FC devs, who are my willing slaves.

ok, i want a chinese atrox
    thanks
    Genele: ofc I come back to u difs. U used to look as hot as me

Quote Originally Posted by Difs View Post
    ok, i want a chinese atrox
    thanks
    Sounds fair.
    Caloss2 LVL 220 melee VANGUARD (semi retired).....Llewlyn 220/30/70 meepmeep.....Boooocal 220../30/70 Soldier.......Knack 220/30/70 Keeper.....Hiesenberg 215/xx/xx NT NERFED Neytiri1 220/30/70 Shade Knacker220/30/70Meat shield
    https://www.youtube.com/user/caloss2 for guides/walkthroughs/letsplays and all your other AO needs
    In my special design documents that I feed to the FC devs, who are my willing slaves.

I don't care who you are, you do not get to tell me I'm "shouting and screaming". You don't know me.

Other than that, fine.
    After that tirade, you're quite clearly showing you're unfamiliar with me and the moderation team in general, also.

Abusive posts, personal attacks, obscenities, profanities, and questioning moderation are all explicitly against the forum rules. I strongly suggest you re-read them before continuing this discussion. Should you wish to discuss moderation further, you may do so in my private messages.

I also suggest you take the time to reread and respond to the entirely ontopic, lore based, and well reasoned posts from multiple people in this thread. This will keep it on topic and prevent it from being closed or removed.
    Last edited by Anarrina; Jul 22nd, 2014 at 17:25:17.
    Coordinator Anarrina

Advisors of Rubi-Ka

Forum Social Guidelines // Social Events with ARK // Rubi-Ka Marriage Registry // ARK Tours // Join ARK!

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one. -- GRRM

I am unfamiliar with you, yes, and you're unfamiliar with me. That's why I don't appreciate your familiarity in presuming I'm "shouting and screaming". You can ask someone to stop saying stuff without making arrogant assumptions like that.

And I have been replying to the on-topic posts. Unless you mean Caloss' latest post, which I didn't read, because I discovered the forum has an ignore function.

Seriously, this could have been over already. All you had to do was go "hm, yes, maybe she's right, maybe it is rude to assume someone is shouting and screaming from miles away".

I am happy to never discuss this again if you are, though an apology for your presumption would be nice.

Next person to violate the rules in this thread takes a vacation from the forums until tomorrow.

Clamperouge, I'll give you this last one because you're new here, and because I had connectivity problems, and had to type that answer on my phone, therefore leaving out a sentence I had typed originally, which was, "If you object to my terming that 'shouting and screaming' that's valid."

However, your rope has run out. If you wish to continue the topic of moderation, you will do it in private messages. Thank you.
    Coordinator Anarrina

Advisors of Rubi-Ka

Back on topic, outside of PVP/fixed lvl twink, I've not noticed a real need to have Atrox toon, as in what you loose in A you gain in B, hp v evades.
    Going back to the screenshot I posted, it seems you could have a soli head on an Atrox body, or is also about the body ? Which is a result of all the hormones etc being added.

Screen shot from 2004 again.
    http://i800.photobucket.com/albums/y...33255741_o.jpg

that's a game bug and anyone with these "not intended" models will be removed
    also i remember back in 2001ish (i think, too much time has passed) that you could chose an atrox without head (set by funcom, not made with any bug or anything else)
    Genele: ofc I come back to u difs. U used to look as hot as me

also i remember back in 2001ish (i think, too much time has passed) that you could chose an atrox without head (set by funcom, not made with any bug or anything else)
    I remember that, you could wear a helmet, but had no head when you took it off. A bunch of us rolled little Atroxes and formed a guild with them for the first year xmas celebrations at reets.

As in literally no head/facial features, or just like the "head" being encased in the torso rather than protruding from it?

As in literally no head/facial features, or just like the "head" being encased in the torso rather than protruding from it?
    Literally no head at all, if you wore a helmet it was there, take it off and it was gone, thin air.

Wow so much drama for nothing.

Just give atroxes a more feminine head and be done with it. If you don't like the result because too much mascara or lipgloss, pick the masculine one.

Saying someone is a troll because they don't feel comfortable playing a trox is just ridiculous. I for example can't stand Nanomages, because they're literally the personification of ugly. And even with a pretty christmas box on the head, I can still see it. It's like it just goes through.

Of course I'd be sorta peeved if the staff gave this a higher priority than all the other more important suggestions (and I have a feeling that this is what it's actually about here), but afterall, if this makes some customers happy, and it could lead to them renewing their sub because they now have a char they're sooo happy with, Funcom would benefit and thus would we. (I know this is just my pink bubble world thinking.)
    Don't set yourself on fire to keep others warm.

Quote Originally Posted by Baby View Post
    Wow so much drama for nothing.

Just give atroxes a more feminine head and be done with it. If you don't like the result because too much mascara or lipgloss, pick the masculine one.

Saying someone is a troll because they don't feel comfortable playing a trox is just ridiculous. I for example can't stand Nanomages, because they're literally the personification of ugly. And even with a pretty christmas box on the head, I can still see it. It's like it just goes through.

Of course I'd be sorta peeved if the staff gave this a higher priority than all the other more important suggestions (and I have a feeling that this is what it's actually about here), but afterall, if this makes some customers happy, and it could lead to them renewing their sub because they now have a char they're sooo happy with, Funcom would benefit and thus would we. (I know this is just my pink bubble world thinking.)
    First point: it was all the screaming, shouting, name calling and swearing at other people raising a valid point on Lore that caused the troll remarks, thankfully now those pages are deleted.

Second point, yup I thought it was incidental in comparison to other issues that need attention, and have lost the game players and FC accounts.

Live and let live.

First, a few years ago there was an effort underway for new heads to support the coming new engine. That was the time and place to ask for a softer more female head for the Atrox. It is really simple, this takes resources to make and they have expended those resources. The time that your request might have fell on compassionate ears with a team that had the resources is gone.

Second, the lore is pretty clear in how the Atrox was created and why they have a specific look. Fact is the lore gives very good 21st century viable reason why they look a certain way.

Third, atrox is not needed for any profession. I may make things easier for some professions, but today in AO the power creep of buffing items makes it possible to fully gear out any toon. Especially if you go Solitus. And the best enforcers & soldiers I have played with have been Solitus.

Forth, no one forces you to play Atrox. No one forces you to play AO. The current character customization choices are what you get. Those choices are very unlikely to change anytime.

Fifth, before you had upset the moderators you could have taken your case to Genele via a well written PM. You could have asked to have a female solitus head set for your atrox character. Had you explained your reasons well and done so in a proper and private way you might have had a chance of it getting approved and done. But now, after this thread I seriously doubt it.
    Lheann
    President of When I Grow Up

Lhisa - MA - RK1
    MaxKillz - Enf - RK1
    Namaru - Enf - RK1

"If you find yourself loosing a fight, your tatics suck."

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast