Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Lots of 'game is dead'...

Quote Originally Posted by Voiran View Post
    i just returned and gonna open all my accounts. Just those payments and then i can just keep them open with grace. Low population doesn't really bother me since i'm more solo player nowadays.

How long have you been away from the game?

USA late-night(Aussie time) here, enjoy PVM and PVP, if you know people you are good, if you don't, LFT maxes at 10 characters and soloing is pretty much the only way of lvling, I'm having a hard time moving on to the next lowby. But I still enjoy the game. With endgame characters its so easy to make money its unreal, the playerbase is for the most part(not all) lazy, and their laziness makes for easy cash at extremely high prices nowadays.

Trying to recruit more late-nighters to the org.
    220/30/70 OMNI SOLDIER - Tyler "Tyfow" Fowler SMG/PDKP -First!
    220/22/64 OMNI BUREAUCRAT - Iliek "Vaporeon" Mudkipz

Quote Originally Posted by juggaloklown View Post
    How long have you been away from the game?
    6 months

Game has changed over the years

First played AO in July 2005, and have been occasionally resubbing over the years. I get to a point where my skills or armour are too low to consistently go against mobs successfully (usually about 70-90) and give up for a few months. restart a new char and go on the carousel again.

It is hard when working rotating shifts to have a set login, or match peak user periods regularly, so 99% of my play is soloing.

When I was first on, there were no end of random buffing occurring; higher level players passing through an area would buff or heal if they saw a player in trouble. Advice and occasionally items/credits were offered to help others. Today the player base seems lower, so I see less of this happening. I try to respect the spirit of those earlier players and heal or buff new players I see having a hard time of it, but there seems to be less of them also.

Perhaps I am looking too hard, and should be concentrating more on getting my toons off the carousel and back on track....
    Last edited by robjl; Aug 4th, 2014 at 14:24:38.
    Refractal ~ Nano Tech
    Sunless ~ Shade

Quote Originally Posted by ByLogic View Post
    It is just peoples ability to play games that is dead.
    AO's been badly managed lately. Misdeveloped. That and age.

The game is dead. And could even be more dead according to this news article:

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/article...ic-crimes-unit

This ball started rolling at the beginning of the year. They might get shut down w/o notice at any time. FC is the worst gaming company ever, worse than EA and that is saying something. Couple days ago they shut my subscription off a couple days early i guess thinking i wouldnt notice, but a July 23rd to Aug 20th isnt exactly a month no? They told me to get bent when I talked to their support that I should at least have a couple more days.

Watch this company like a hawk, theyre shady skeevy scumbags. oh an dont bother coming back for a graphics upgrade, that aint gonna happen ever.

Quote Originally Posted by aegis-fang View Post

This ball started rolling at the beginning of the year. They might get shut down w/o notice at any time. FC is the worst gaming company ever, worse than EA and that is saying something. Couple days ago they shut my subscription off a couple days early i guess thinking i wouldnt notice, but a July 23rd to Aug 20th isnt exactly a month no? They told me to get bent when I talked to their support that I should at least have a couple more days.

Watch this company like a hawk, theyre shady skeevy scumbags. oh an dont bother coming back for a graphics upgrade, that aint gonna happen ever.
    IIRC this was an investigation into insider trading done by a few people at the company, not the company as a whole. FC wouldn't be shut down over this. But I am sorry about your sub getting canceled early. I know I'd be mad too.
    General of Nocturnal Fear
    Trypha 220/30/70 Engy | Trypothecary 220/30/69 Doc | Tryptophy 220/30/68 Crat | Trypocalypse 220/30/70 Sold | Tryharder 220/30/68 NT | Trypointy 220/x/x Shade | Peasantry 200/30/69 Keeper | Trycharm 150/20/42 Crat

Quote Originally Posted by aegis-fang View Post

Well actually.. a month subscription means 30 days. July 23rd to Aug 20th is 29 days. Now I don't know about what the time said, but it's not a couple of days. If at all it's one day. Not saying it's okay to cut a day off just like that, just your calculation isn't correct.
    Don't set yourself on fire to keep others warm.

I have played off and on since 2003. I am really enjoying the game again. I don t see as many people on as years past. But it still seems pretty well alive. I really like the global marketplace and the daily alien missions. Miss not having org friends to hunt with, butits still a lot of fun for me.

I saw plenty of people on the newbie island when I was around, there was even some competition for the robot bosses there. No idea how it gets once you leave, because I have not been able to login due to some account issues.

Hopefully I can find an active group of people to play with though.

Yesterday my flist was so full I had to scroll down to see them all. That didn't happen in a long time. But that's just typical as the weather is getting colder each day and people tend to stay inside. (While Australians/South Americans will probably leave us very soon.)
    Don't set yourself on fire to keep others warm.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234