Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New DM: Famous Last Words

I don't believe in doing that daily.
    I got main, you got main?
    I got alts, you got alts?

First time I got that daily on one of my chars and it convinced me, that the people at Funcom still have the urge to induce rage into their players from time to time...

Mission accomplished!
    ಠ_ಠ

Easiest daily ever? I dont get the complaints. Maybe something changed.

Edit: Ok now I get it after doing it for the second time. Looted everything I could find but was still missing one page. Then another guy showed up. The respawn rate is too slow to support several people doing this.
    Last edited by Starphoenix; Nov 27th, 2011 at 12:32:47.
    Starphoenix 220/30 Adventurer - Shesmine 220/30 Enforcer - Sgtcuddle 220/30 Soldier - Pervonen 220/27 Doctor - Startrade 218/30 Trader - Letter 200/30 Bureaucrat - Shiasurprise 199/20 Soldier - Envelope 150/17 Bureaucrat

I take it that after doing this once I'll know where all the sienna colored pages are spawning against the sienna colored ground so I'll be able to find them. As a grown man who has spent more than 1/2 hour and found 2 pages I can say this is a waste of my time. Imagine trying to explain this to anyone close to you in RL: "Yah, my time is precious. Professionals cue up and pay dearly for a bit of my skill and insight. And I spent 2 hours on my day off flying around a virtual city looking for randomly spawning, randomly strewn bits to complete someone else's concept of a quest". It's a waste of time inside a game that is - realistically - a waste of time.

This quest induces doubt of the whole reason for MMORPGs. Shouldn't we all be doing chores? Don't we need to vacuum or pay some bills?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorathon View Post
    Wouldn't it be better if all the attributes were combined into one skill called "goodness?"

i just delete this, more trouble that its worth

This mission is an insult to the money that I pay to play this game.
    Ghosts of Rimor
    Gorastopr 220 MA Doctor :: No pew pew. Thwack thwack.
    Goratinkr TL5 OT Hurler Factotum Engineer :: Bringin' the thunder since 2008.
    Scrubup 100 Bow Doctor :: Will she ever get out of perk reset? Stay tuned!
    Ghosts of Atlantean
    Unda TL7 MA Engineer :: Crying for more crit.
    Measles LVL1 Pistol Doctor :: It takes 2 stims to self the Expertises.

Quote Originally Posted by Le-Quack View Post
    i might be a troll

Quote Originally Posted by Starphoenix View Post
    Easiest daily ever? I dont get the complaints. Maybe something changed.

Edit: Ok now I get it after doing it for the second time. Looted everything I could find but was still missing one page. Then another guy showed up. The respawn rate is too slow to support several people doing this.
    This. Easy as can be, unless someone else shows up and starts fighting with you for pages. When I'm alone this has never taken more than 15 minutes, sometimes less. I understand that it used to be different, i.e. pages that wouldn't work for the quest would drop. That doesn't seem to be the case now.
    Trypha - 220/30/70 Engineer - General of Nocturnal Fear
    Trypothecary - 220/30/69 Doctor
    Trypocalypse - 220/30/70 Soldier
    Tryptophy - 220 Crat

"Most people would rather die than think; in fact, they do so." - Bertrand Russell

Deleted this mission after spending over an hour looking for the 6th "correct" piece.

Whoever designed this mission must be seriously retarded or something. ****. I feel like punching someones' teeth in.
    220/30 doc [E]
    220/30 crat [E]
    220/30 shade [E]
    158/21 trader [E]
    117/13 agent [E]
    56/6 trader [E]
    30/3 enforcer [E]

deleted too, near 1hr and nothing :/

I've gotten this mission 4 days in a row now. Tomorrow I just might kill myself

My blood will be on your hands, whoever made this mission.

P.S. Is there no other daily mission to be had in the lvl 130-140 range??
    220/30 doc [E]
    220/30 crat [E]
    220/30 shade [E]
    158/21 trader [E]
    117/13 agent [E]
    56/6 trader [E]
    30/3 enforcer [E]

I've done this mission 3 times this week. Never has it taken me more than 5 minutes, including the travel from OA and back. Either you must have the worst luck in history or you're looking in a too big/small area.
    Why play melee when crat pets can do your job?
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyldebeast View Post
    Simple, why the melee hate?
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    ...Melee people/pets are needed...

(10:32) You already have this unique item: Phil and the Gofles page 243
    (10:33) You already have this unique item: Phil and the Gofles page 243
    (10:34) You already have this unique item: Phil and the Gofles page 747
    (10:35) You already have this unique item: Phil and the Gofles page 28
    (10:37) You already have this unique item: Phil and the Gofles page 747
    (10:38) You already have this unique item: Phil and the Gofles page 243
    (10:39) You already have this unique item: Phil and the Gofles page 747
    (10:41) You already have this unique item: Phil and the Gofles page 28
    (10:44) You already have this unique item: Phil and the Gofles page 243
    (10:45) You already have this unique item: Phil and the Gofles page 243
    (10:46) You already have this unique item: Phil and the Gofles page 747
    (10:49) You already have this unique item: Phil and the Gofles page 28
    (10:50) You already have this unique item: Phil and the Gofles page 243
    (10:54) You already have this unique item: Phil and the Gofles page 243
    (10:57) You already have this unique item: Phil and the Gofles page 134
    (11:00) You already have this unique item: Phil and the Gofles page 747
    (11:01) You already have this unique item: Phil and the Gofles page 28
    (11:08) You already have this unique item: Phil and the Gofles page 28
    (11:09) You already have this unique item: Phil and the Gofles page 134
    (11:09) You already have this unique item: Phil and the Gofles page 1209
    (11:14) You already have this unique item: Phil and the Gofles page 28
    (11:15) You already have this unique item: Phil and the Gofles page 134
    (11:18) You already have this unique item: Phil and the Gofles page 243
    (11:25) You already have this unique item: Phil and the Gofles page 243

oh how much fun this was.. Deleted, never to be done aqain. Nice try.....
    Delerium(220/30/70), Locklear(220/30/70), Piggybank(60/6/14).

"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?"

Richard Dawkins: We are all atheists about most of the gods that societies have ever believed in. Some of us just go one god further.
    Deng: Every time I see Del I just start to quiver.

Really nice daily.

After more than 1h to find the last page, I have the feeling that FC doesn't want us to play in team, maybe.
    I dont really think that playing 1h alone, the nose in the sand at Broken Shores, is really good for AO cummunity and social playing...
    Very very bad daily imo.

Done this daily 3 times in the last week, after reaching the location it took me always less then 2 minutes to find all 6 items.

I vote for renaming this Daily to "Dawin Daily".
    Neophyte Nerf"Shareida"Batted First Order
    Freshman Jefferey"Bailan2"Ginsberg - Retired
    Shareidah - First Order

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    it's written in the bible.
    Matthew 23:13 "and the trader hath casteth bulk trader at the young age of 14. and it was good. and so he hath an extra 260 comp lit and he hath equippeth better ncu's. and it was good too.
    A Producer's point of view

If anyone is to be blamed for that daily it's those players who do it by clicking every page they see without examining it first. Otherwise, I think there's enough pages scattered around to support 3-4 simultaneous runs of that mission, with each page being on what seems to be a 30 minute (I didn't count) timer. It's not so bad, just bloody examine the page before clicking it so you don't screw it up for the next guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Antagonist View Post
    If anyone is to be blamed for that daily it's those players who do it by clicking every page they see without examining it first. Otherwise, I think there's enough pages scattered around to support 3-4 simultaneous runs of that mission, with each page being on what seems to be a 30 minute (I didn't count) timer. It's not so bad, just bloody examine the page before clicking it so you don't screw it up for the next guy.
    If anyone is to blame it's whoever designed the damn quest.
    I am wiser than any god or scientist, for I have squared the circle and cubed Earth's sphere, thus I have created 4 simultaneous separate 24 hour days within a 4-corner (as in a 4-corner classroom) rotation of Earth. See for yourself the absolute proof.

rofl this thread is hilarious

i thought they stopped inventing retarded quests like these in MMOs in 2007
    bai2u!
    -::l2pvp!1::-
    Electronite: FFA also destroyed Clan hegemony when it comes to tower wars. Ironically the downfall was started by the most active pvpers. Another ironic thing is that the downfall happened due to pvm conflict. Silirrion: (We have pretty good anti-troll filters by now though) Means: Thong-wearing troxes will always be a part of this game and a point of AO pride. Keldros: Obviously reall trolls don't use conditioner Marlark: If this forum was Swedish in it's language .. id pawn you any day. 220 NT: tl7 is a joke most of the time. 90% of the people are double double dead. some are worth debuffing tho. Mastablasta: you guys are right and I'm wrong. Ebag: No. You alpha me'd due to the stat bug. More Ebag: I don't have any twinks currently, nor do I participate much in mass TL7 PvP (though I do go occasionally, usually just to watch). Questra: an MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

Ok, this quest is total bull****.

Got this for the first time today and got 5 valid pages pretty quickly. Then one invalid. Then 20 minutes later of "You already have this unique item .." quest was deleted and joins "Green Sticky Goo" in being auto deleted.

Either make the spawns guaranteed to give the same page each time or delete this pos quest.
    Kinkee, Clan Fixer, RK1, The Smurfette
    Roughtrade, Clan Trader, RK1

Random Stuff, Can't Give Away, But You Can Sell It

This has to be one of the most care-bear of current missions.

What does it say about some player’s expectations when they rage quit a new mission if they don't 'win' a level in a few minutes without bothering read the mission text?

Reading comprehension is the only skill this mission requires. A level one un-buffed toon could do this mission. Too bad there is no rare and hard to get gear that buffs reading. :-)

I think it is funny how people react to things that are random. In this case people get all stressed the longer it takes for the 6 needed items to show up.

Now if FC charged for each individual item find, some people would line up for the 'gaming excitement' of 'winning' the reward by getting the 6 items faster or more often than other players (since some try and give up or totally avoid the activity.) Witness that FC recently introduced selling mystery boxes in the item shop.

Sometimes I find 6 correct ones right off the bat and am done in a few minutes. If they don't pop right away I entertain myself by hopping on one of my hoverboards to 'surf' while I search. Worst case scenario for me has been 30 minutes once. Most of the time it is done in less than 15.

Just be thankful you don't have to burn up consumables or credits to complete this mission.
    Babacratus
    - Clan Nano/Bureaucrat - Stumblin and Bumblin, he just might go all the way!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast