Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Planning on fixing...

Planning on fixing...

...crats being able to stun you with stun procs while in a mech?

Since you can't execute perks while in a mech/ap/av I doubt this is working as intended. Any reason that meching doesn't kill the LE procs?
    Member of Spartans
    Hacre/Solitus/Keeper/220/29/70 - Ninpopotamus/Solitus/NT/220/30/70 - Charmming/Opifex/Crat/220/30/70
    Quote Originally Posted by randomalpha View Post
    in the end soldier is not Op or even near from that never was never will be just for the record only keepers are the ones before soldiers on the nerfest list
    Genius at work.

"OMG QUIT TRYING TO NERF CRATS I COULD LITERALLY EXPLODE IF I COULDN'T STUN PEOPLE IN MY TURRET/MECH/INFLATABLE SHARK. YOU NEED A NERF AND YOUR PANTS STOLEN. THAT'S RIGHT NO PANTS."

...what I don't have a crat? well someone had to pick up the slack with the crats not biting. :P

Bump though, unless of course they'd like to give all vehicles a 10% chance to stun people on foot, I'd be happy with that instead. Which I guess could make sense, you know suppressing fire and such.
    Kzuria (???/??) - Keeper : Last resort.
    Khaer (213/15) - Soldier : Forced Retirement, Hackers can rot in hell. I hope you die.
    Kuthos (220/20) - Martial Artist : Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Kuthos View Post
    "OMG QUIT TRYING TO NERF CRATS I COULD LITERALLY EXPLODE IF I COULDN'T STUN PEOPLE IN MY TURRET/MECH/INFLATABLE SHARK. YOU NEED A NERF AND YOUR PANTS STOLEN. THAT'S RIGHT NO PANTS."

...what I don't have a crat? well someone had to pick up the slack with the crats not biting. :P

Bump though, unless of course they'd like to give all vehicles a 10% chance to stun people on foot, I'd be happy with that instead. Which I guess could make sense, you know suppressing fire and such.
    Must...breathe...

rofl

xD
    Member of Spartans
    Hacre/Solitus/Keeper/220/29/70 - Ninpopotamus/Solitus/NT/220/30/70 - Charmming/Opifex/Crat/220/30/70
    in the end soldier is not Op or even near from that never was never will be just for the record only keepers are the ones before soldiers on the nerfest list
    Genius at work.

All procs work on mechs live with it.

Quote Originally Posted by ragerayden View Post
    All procs work on mechs live with it.
    Riiight.

EDIT: Great, warp the thread to the graveyard that is the LE forums
    Last edited by Hacre; Jan 7th, 2008 at 15:09:04.
    Member of Spartans
    Genius at work.

Quote Originally Posted by Hacre View Post
    EDIT: Great, warp the thread to the graveyard that is the LE forums
    Altered Beast Voice: "Rise from your grave!"
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||Serve Omni-Tek
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT||||||||||||||||||||Join the ROTFLMAO
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||||||||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTO TOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

OMG go back to picking on advys and soldiers.. leave the crats alone.. they squish first, stun, root, and KILL WAY last.. leave us what they give us... mistake or not!

The proceeding was on behalf of my much deglected, over abused in BS 150 Crat

:P

Quote Originally Posted by Cariadast View Post
    OMG go back to picking on advys and soldiers.. leave the crats alone.. they squish first, stun, root, and KILL WAY last.. leave us what they give us... mistake or not!

The proceeding was on behalf of my much deglected, over abused in BS 150 Crat

:P
    Not so squishy in a TURRET though, are they?

Being able to hit people with a non removable stun while pew pewing from a turret is wrong.

Fix please.
    Member of Spartans
    Genius at work.

Being able to hit people
    IF they're able to hit people...
    First repair apt's AR and THEN <think> about removing procs IF they're not intended (imo they're ok just as they are now)...
    You survived...You prevailed....Yet a bird's flight knows no end...
    Reality is a momentary dream but a dream is a reality for an eternity.

Kawaii "Koizumi" Akira - 220/25/70 soon-to-be-Berserk MA (refreshing!)
    Deadalus "Yumeno" Proxy - 220/30/70 Former stunwhore
    One "Namichan" Piece - 220/30/68 Drainwhore
    Aj Ar "Spawara" Triplenab - 220/24/45 Nuke-Welder
    IOmnomnomjoor "Emohatetellz" - 2/0/0 TL5 killer in progress

Quote Originally Posted by Quitter123 View Post
    How about this new nano for enfs, it takes random amount of nanoskills and nano to cast, when landed on random opponent it debuffs random weaponskill by random amount for an unspecified length of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Koizumi View Post
    IF they're able to hit people...
    First repair apt's AR and THEN <think> about removing procs IF they're not intended (imo they're ok just as they are now)...
    There's already a thread about turret AR. This isn't it. Besides, to follow through with your idea (make turrets hit more often first) would make this problem, a bigger problem. Why would you advocate creating a bigger problem before deciding its a problem to then fix an even bigger problem? That doesn't make any sense, at all.

There's plenty of professions that don't have ridiculous evades and get wtfpwned by turrets (docs, NTs, traders, enforcers, etc) the very people who need to gtfo when a turret starts wailing on them, the very people more likely to get stunned an owned with a resulting "lol" easymode type kill.

Can you fire SL perk stuns off on people from a mech? No. Can you execute nano stuns on people from a mech? No. Being able to proc your stun procs then hop into a mech stinks of an FC oversight and not something intended. The fact that this ability is limited to a single profession (a profession that I notice more often in mechs, btw, due to this "ability") screams that this shouldn't be.

If you don't play a crat, or an evade profession (only reasons I can see you thinking this is "fine") then you've been lucky enough to not have this affect you.

Fix please.
    Member of Spartans
    Genius at work.

Why compare regular nanos/perks to procs?
    Unlike these, the procs do NOT require any interaction from player to work (apart from attacking)...
    And btw, ill cite a random desc of a proc for you: "When in combat, you will occasionally increase your chance of a critical hit against your opponent."
    Notice that the description does NOT limit the usage of the procs in any way(you dont see it saying "When in combat(not meched)" right? )...
    Thats why imo they're working as intended.

How about this new nano for enfs, it takes random amount of nanoskills and nano to cast, when landed on random opponent it debuffs random weaponskill by random amount for an unspecified length of time.

Why compare regular nanos/perks to procs?
    Unlike these, the procs do NOT require any interaction from player to work (apart from attacking)...
    And btw, ill cite a random desc of a proc for you: "When in combat, you will occasionally increase your chance of a critical hit against your opponent."
    Notice that the description does NOT limit the usage of the procs in any way(you dont see it saying "When in combat(not meched)" right? )...
    Thats why imo they're working as intended.
    You cannot execute a proc while in a mech. This is why I think this is not working as intended. You're just being pedantic because it suits your argument.

A crat should not be able to stun and then lolpewpew people in an AP.
    Member of Spartans
    Genius at work.

You cannot execute a proc while in a mech. This is why I think this is not working as intended. You're just being pedantic because it suits your argument.

A crat should not be able to stun and then lolpewpew people in an AP.
    Well, technically you arent executing teh proc. Its just doing ti what its programmed to do, regardless of location. Its random and no where does it say this random act cant occur while meched.

There are weapons that can stun at random intervals, meching is a sort of LE weapon. Im not sure I see this needing a fix. Are you positive its isolated to just crats? ie procs in turrents....

I personally havent run across the issue, but then Im not the kinda crat that sits in turrent and waits ...I prefer to be at mid... snaring, rooting, and dying while my team mates pick them off ..snared... rooted.. and swearing at me

Ill have to try it out... see what I can kill

Well, technically you arent executing teh proc. Its just doing ti what its programmed to do, regardless of location. Its random and no where does it say this random act cant occur while meched.
    No, because you can circumvent this by executing the proc before you mech. Its impossible to code "Hmm, (s)he just executed a proc, are they about to mech?" to check. You can't set procs in a mech, this suggests they're not supposed to operate from them. If they were, then why wouldn't you be allowed to?
    There are weapons that can stun at random intervals, meching is a sort of LE weapon. Im not sure I see this needing a fix. Are you positive its isolated to just crats? ie procs in turrents....
    No, all procs continue to run when in a turret however the crat one is the deadly one. It isn't the turret that has a stun proc, its the crat. If turrets were designed to stun this thread wouldn't exist. Don't forget there is no defense whatsoever against the crat stun procs.

To take this argument further about "some weapons blah" then if my keeper or NT is in a mech then I should be allowed to execute ranged based attack perks. Can I? No.
    I personally havent run across the issue, but then Im not the kinda crat that sits in turrent and waits ...I prefer to be at mid... snaring, rooting, and dying while my team mates pick them off ..snared... rooted.. and swearing at me
    Good. Some are for this very reason. People should be able to gtfo of dodge if an AP starts slamming on them. Some noob stun proc that's been at the centre of a lot of controversy since it was implemented shouldn't prevent this just because some 210 green pushed a button before meching, then meched.
    Ill have to try it out... see what I can kill
    Member of Spartans
    Genius at work.

Easiest solution is to make procs cancel when you mech. I'd add more to this thread because honestly I agree 100%, however since its in the LE forum the chances of anything being done in regard to it is practically in the negatives.

Which sucks a bit. I might suggest creating a suggestion oriented thread to cancel procs when meching/turreting and the reason why. Such as how most other professions procs either have no effect in mechs on other people (aka imbalance), or have comparatively little benefit.
    Last edited by Kuthos; Jan 10th, 2008 at 04:01:23. Reason: I r repititititititious
    Kzuria (???/??) - Keeper : Last resort.
    Khaer (213/15) - Soldier : Forced Retirement, Hackers can rot in hell. I hope you die.
    Kuthos (220/20) - Martial Artist : Retired

It does seem rather absurd to allow procs while in a mech given that mechs are supposed to be the great "equalizers" and yet with procs active this is not true. The easiest example showing this is a crat with stunprocs firing while in a mech.
    Lusthorne - 220 Keeper | Isellthings - 220 Trader - PvP-Config
    Soupknotsie - 220 Doctor | Blabberus - 220 Crat
    and many more

Boost outdoor sk in Pen/Inf or adjust missions for mixed factions
    A different approach to GTH
    Quote Originally Posted by Sterva View Post
    If you felt that I was implying that you are an idiot, it's probably because you are in fact, an idiot.

Edited because written whilst pissy mode was on.. best to rethink it first
    Last edited by Cariadast; Jan 14th, 2008 at 05:59:18.

Well, equal they are not.. boo hoo life isnt fair .. i mean ffs the whole game is unequal.. just add this to this, stop bitching and move on to something else.. so FINALLY God mode Kepers have something to fear from a crat... sheesh
    Right... Lets just ignore the fact that I happen to play characters other than a keeper, which is quite easily proven not to be god mode, but that's another can of worms entirely, so I won't beat a dead horse here.

Next let us educate you so that your vocal orifice is protected from feet in the future in regards to knee-jerk reactions to any opinion voiced by an individual who happens to have a keeper (In case you didn't notice by my signature, I also happen to play a crat *gasp*).

The argument here is not specifically about crats, not that I would expect you to realize that, what with me calling it an "example" or anything. Further, the point here is that vehicles are supposed to be an equalizer; allowing procs to function in addition to utilizing a vehicle ruins this equalizing balance.

Allowing procs while in vehicles provides an advantage (however small) to any profession that has offensive based procs while effectively shafting professions that do not.

Now that we've cleared that up, feel free to further embarrass yourself with ridiculous reactions and repetitive statements about god mode myths.
    Lusthorne - 220 Keeper | Isellthings - 220 Trader - PvP-Config
    Soupknotsie - 220 Doctor | Blabberus - 220 Crat
    and many more

Boost outdoor sk in Pen/Inf or adjust missions for mixed factions
    A different approach to GTH
    Quote Originally Posted by Sterva View Post
    If you felt that I was implying that you are an idiot, it's probably because you are in fact, an idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by lusthorne View Post
    The argument here is not specifically about crats
    Topic and 1st post:
    "Planning on fixing..."
    ...crats being able to stun you with stun procs while in a mech?
    Yet another "nerf crat stuns" whine thread. Ehh.

Yet another "nerf crat stuns" whine thread. Ehh.
    Nope not at all. This being fixed wouldn't be a nerf. If the crat is on foot fighting with full toolset the stuns would still be just as (over?)powerful, indefensible and non removable.

In fact I don't believe I've ever even looked at the "nerf crats" bandwagon, let alone sat anywhere on it.
    Member of Spartans
    Genius at work.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast