Page 40 of 41 FirstFirst ... 212223242526272829303132333435363738394041 LastLast

Thread: Monthly Development Update - 28th February 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Zwelgje View Post
    Oh, btw, will the Oculus Rift VR be supported in the near future?
    LOL, AO doesnt even support dedicated video cards. Stop dreaming for your Oculus Rift.

Well to be fair, if they did try to post today everyone would assume the contents were an April Fool anyway

Ophiuchus : 220/30/80 HAHA etc
    Nahuatl
    :: 220/30/80 Melee 4lyfe
    Khurkh :: 220/30/80 healtankpew
    Transcendence
    Msanthropic
    : 210/26/60 nanostab
    Spidershiva :: 165/23/42 kite? eh?
    Silentmotion
    : 150/20/42 tankthink
    The Union

Quote Originally Posted by Ophiuchus View Post
    Well to be fair, if they did try to post today everyone would assume the contents were an April Fool anyway
    Didn't 28 February update was Funcom's April Fools ?
    I still hope it was an elaborate joke and they reveal it today.

Not sure its disinterest more than after the 40 pages of vitriol and bile, possibly the Devs are afraid to post
    ALTS: Alienhunter, Moonglum, Quellist, Quellcrist, Jesharet

I fully expect AO to go "F2P" within the year or else have its hamsters re-purposed.

To see how the player populations of TSW & AoC are doing on Steam, go to steamcharts.com. Steamcharts is not the whole story as thousands of players avoid Steam when possible (myself included) but I think it's a pretty good indicator. Anytime there's new DLC, expansion, horse armor, hats, +2 knee seeking arrows, whatever, there's a temporary spike in the numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Difs View Post
    Didn't 28 February update was Funcom's April Fools ?
    I still hope it was an elaborate joke and they reveal it today.
    I wish it was true as most changes anounced there were not needed and most are plain stupid:

1. Deflect??? Parry was useless for 12 years and somehow ppl got used to it. Is it really top priority NOW? Seting right priorities is a key for succesfull management esp. with limited resources, and toying with parry is a waste of time.

2. Ability to see other player's NCU is just giving acess to all players to something that up to now was and still is an exploit that FC can not deal with. Game Director must have think something like this "hmm we can not fix the exploit with showing other player's NCU... lets make it available to every player so it will no longer be an exploit, problem solved..."

3. Disabling the ability to decline inspects is admiting that FC can not deal with exploiters and would like players to help them solving this problem. GD "...Hmm people are complaining about exploited set ups and our GMs know nothing about twinking ... lets allow everybody to inspect each other all the time so they will report sploiters to us, problem solved ...

4. Removing ALL special actions from Rings of Apocalypse ??? I could understand change of 1 or 2 rings but removing it from all rings does not make sense. (who designed them in a first place?)

5. New root removal nano for Enforcers! WTF Enforcers are probobaly one of the hardest profesion to keep rooted anyway.

6. Soldier's "one more hit" is quite useless and will be ignored by most players

7. Another stun for enforcers ??? This is not even funny ...

8. Shades will get the ability to hide in the middle of combat !!! That one beats them all it is the worst ever idea that will imbalance both pvm and pvp
    Awikun 220/70/30 Ranged adv - my Main that I hardly ever log
    Awisha 220/70/30 Shade - Can solo 95% of all bosses
    Cratawi 200/70/30 Crat - S7/DR Solo farmer
    Awiken 220/70/30 Eng - Pvm Eng
    Nukiwa 200/70/30 NT - almost forgotten (awaiting retwink)
    Awidoc 200/70/30 Doc - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awix 200/70/30 Fix - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awienf 220/70/30 Enf - tanked every single boss (and still lives)
    Soldawi 220/70/30 Sol - Pvm Sold
    Awima 150/xx/xx Ma - best S10 MA farmer
    Doctorawi 220/70/30 - Pvm Doc
    Awienfo 200/70/30 - Atrox with Pande red belt and 2xQL300 hammers
    Macierewicz 220/70/30 - Pvm Crat
    Zlakobieta 220/70/30 - max complit +top tradeskiller

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Neista View Post
    Not sure its disinterest more than after the 40 pages of vitriol and bile, possibly the Devs are afraid to post
    Actually for the most part posts were civil although there are half a dozen people posting here who are extremely angry for some reason. They will be releasing a new engine in the near future (its already in beta). That being said they would not spend time and money for that if they were planning to shut down the game. I think we are getting more progress made recently than in 5 years previously. People may not agree with what is being changed or like the fact that it is way overdue but its not earth shattering, game ruining, end my life stuff. IT'S JUST A GAME!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gunforhire View Post
    Actually for the most part posts were civil although there are half a dozen people posting here who are extremely angry for some reason. They will be releasing a new engine in the near future (its already in beta). That being said they would not spend time and money for that if they were planning to shut down the game. I think we are getting more progress made recently than in 5 years previously. People may not agree with what is being changed or like the fact that it is way overdue but its not earth shattering, game ruining, end my life stuff. IT'S JUST A GAME!!!

No new content=dead game for a PvM'er like myself, quite honestly i couldnt care less about a new engine and new nano tweaks if its all to raid the same boring encounters and instances, give me new dungeons, new instances and new quests. World of Warcraft has much cheaper subscription charge than AO and doesnt cheat europeans and make them pay more, it also adds expansions and content for PvM and PvP, so as far as i see it AO is a waste of my money. Personally i think they are doing the absolute minimum to keep the game clanking along so as extract as much cash while doing as little work as possible.

That said i'm hardly getting hysterical about the game, so i'm not sure why you direct this at me.

P.S, CAPS LOCK IS NOT THE CRUISE CONTROL FOR COOL, in case you didnt know

Smile

No new content=dead game for a PvM'er like myself, quite honestly i couldnt care less about a new engine and new nano tweaks if its all to raid the same boring encounters and instances, give me new dungeons, new instances and new quests. World of Warcraft has much cheaper subscription charge than AO and doesnt cheat europeans and make them pay more, it also adds expansions and content for PvM and PvP, so as far as i see it AO is a waste of my money. Personally i think they are doing the absolute minimum to keep the game clanking along so as extract as much cash while doing as little work as possible.

That said i'm hardly getting hysterical about the game, so i'm not sure why you direct this at me.

P.S, CAPS LOCK IS NOT THE CRUISE CONTROL FOR COOL, in case you didnt know
    I don't agree with you I still think progress is being made. And as I said "It's still just a game" (hopefully you are not offended by the lower case). You don't have to pay for if you don't want to. By the way this wasn't directed specifically at you but at all the negative gloom posting people on here. I'm sorry if my optimism offends any of you but that's just me.

I don't agree with you I still think progress is being made. And as I said "It's still just a game" (hopefully you are not offended by the lower case). You don't have to pay for if you don't want to. By the way this wasn't directed specifically at you but at all the negative gloom posting people on here. I'm sorry if my optimism offends any of you but that's just me.
    Sorry about the capslock thing, that was just mean i guess. I'm glad someone has faith in this game because i lost mine long ago. I'd love to see this game revitalize but honestly i think its so far past its prime its just hanging on without any real hope of real improvement.

im surprised that the last months thread is still open and that Annarina didnt close it after all the QQ going on in here.. 40 pages.. congrats on that one.

Funny that people want AO to be more wow-like but complain how terrible the posters are.
    These posts are sooo tame! Go to any forum of any popular game and check for yourself!

If AO becomes more like WOW get ready for a whole new level of vitriol and bile on the forums and in game!

Beta is all fine and good.
    But with only 1 dev for AO and no money in the bank, it's just meant to string us along a little longer so that FC can make some more profit of us.

Imo, it's more likely that FC bankrupts than that we ever see Beta go live.
    Last edited by Antimony; Apr 1st, 2014 at 19:15:59.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Antimony View Post
    Funny that people want AO to be more wow-like but complain how terrible the posters are.
    These posts are sooo tame! Go to any forum of any popular game and check for yourself!

If AO becomes more like WOW get ready for a whole new level of vitriol and bile on the forums and in game!

Beta is all fine and good.
    But with only 1 dev for AO and no money in the bank, it's just meant to string us along a little longer so that FC can make some more profit of us.

Imo, it's more likely that FC bankrupts than that we ever see Beta go live.
    Of course you can decide that you won't be one of the ones paying and getting strung along that is your choice. Myself I don't feel strung along and will continue to pay because that is my choice. BTW thanks for the invite to other game forums but I think I'll pass due to the fact that I don't care about WOW or any other game.

Quote Originally Posted by Awikun View Post
    I wish it was true as most changes anounced there were not needed and most are plain stupid:

1. Deflect??? Parry was useless for 12 years and somehow ppl got used to it. Is it really top priority NOW? Seting right priorities is a key for succesfull management esp. with limited resources, and toying with parry is a waste of time.
    This I am looking forward to actually, although I think they should be limited to melee weapons not ranged.

5. New root removal nano for Enforcers! WTF Enforcers are probobaly one of the hardest profesion to keep rooted anyway.
    I kind of think MA's should be hardest prof to root or fixers/agents so kinda agree here.

6. Soldier's "one more hit" is quite useless and will be ignored by most players
    Agreed

7. Another stun for enforcers ??? This is not even funny ...
    Agreed again, although I wouldn't mind 2hb getting additional stun perks, 1he/1hb/2he not so much.

8. Shades will get the ability to hide in the middle of combat !!! That one beats them all it is the worst ever idea that will imbalance both pvm and pvp
    This I think rp wise goes with Blur, but again I think agents should get this more than shades being masters of stealth.
    ~Anyone can level, but only the wise gain experience~

*Bronto Burger, serving 10,000 high level noobs daily*

http://wolf-brigade.webs.com/

My Story

Don't feed the Mensa Tralalalala

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Quote Originally Posted by Brampfine View Post
    Search: Posts Made By: Nusquam
    Showing results 1 to 15 of 15
    Search took 0.01 seconds. Search: Posts Made By: Nusquam

http://forums.thesecretworld.com/member.php?u=58
    Total Posts: 876
    Posts Per Day: 1.42
    17 days and 13 Posts at TSW forum later

Total Posts: 893
    Posts Per Day: 1.40

http://forums.thesecretworld.com/sea...archid=4950213

This kind of "Communication" we miss in here
    whats up Joel Bylos "Funcom" ?...

Who speaks with us ?
    how many would the "engine addon" cost to buy ?

btw. translate the name "Nusquam" from Latin
    there we got the answers where he is and where we go...

^^
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. [attributed to Albert Einstein]

Of course you can decide that you won't be one of the ones paying and getting strung along that is your choice. Myself I don't feel strung along and will continue to pay because that is my choice. BTW thanks for the invite to other game forums but I think I'll pass due to the fact that I don't care about WOW or any other game.
    Dude, are you some kind of troll?
    I didn't quote you and I don't care what you think or feel, so why respond to me?

I responded to the person who wanted AO to be more like wow but complained about the angry posts.
    More like WOW means more hate, can't get one without the other.

Who speaks with us ?

^^
    yup, nowhere sounds about right, personally I think he's scared of these forums

Who speaks with us ?

^^
    Dude you're just asking for Paul Hogan to track you down. That is if he is allowed to fly anywhere because last I heard he was grounded by the aussie tax office.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomium View Post
    I say this with all love and humor, but...

haters gonna hate.

Quote Originally Posted by Literary View Post
    I fully expect AO to go "F2P" within the year or else have its hamsters re-purposed.

To see how the player populations of TSW & AoC are doing on Steam, go to steamcharts.com. Steamcharts is not the whole story as thousands of players avoid Steam when possible (myself included) but I think it's a pretty good indicator. Anytime there's new DLC, expansion, horse armor, hats, +2 knee seeking arrows, whatever, there's a temporary spike in the numbers.
    very interesting link. especially since that means a game with an average of 200 players online is a major source of income for funcom. ao has what - a hundred maybe?

april fools almost over, was sorta hoping to hear op was waiting for april 1st.

Quote Originally Posted by Xootch View Post
    very interesting link. especially since that means a game with an average of 200 players online is a major source of income for funcom. ao has what - a hundred maybe?

april fools almost over, was sorta hoping to hear op was waiting for april 1st.
    I think "a hundred maybe" is underestimating the online population by a fair bit - just on manual headcount in Borealis alone (/list is not accurate for obvious reasons), there were around 117 total people visible in the zone this morning - I did not count obvious alts/banktoons. Some of course were multiboxing, and I couldn't check all the shop instances (although FT had at least 7 active instances that I was able to enter with repetitive zoning), not to mention about 30 people lft, another few dozen in Rome, another few dozen in APFs, lots of activity buying and selling on the bots, quite a few raids going and 7+ members in each of the private channels I join when I login, only a few of which were duplicated in other counts, as well as a fair amount of traffic through the various SL gardens I jumped through. I did not check clan areas or frequently farmed RK areas like PW borgs.

AO is not as dead as a lot of people seem to claim. Sure, it's not 2005, but it's not 2011 either. Obviously the server merge has a lot to do with the more visible population, but players are players, whether they are all on one server or on three.

And lets be honest, Tuesday morning is hardly primetime for MMOs, especially MMOs with an older, working population like AO.

Side note, it scares me slightly that a team of veteran, since-launch-players can have a total of 72 years experience playing AO. There's a number to make you feel old.
    -= Make the new engine look even better. Don't forget to post a screenshot! =-

Page 40 of 41 FirstFirst ... 212223242526272829303132333435363738394041 LastLast