Thread: OOC from level 25

OOC from level 25

Please set the use of OOC to level 25
    this would be stop the Cred spam
    and it stops the script spam

enough player step into the script trap and loose some of her credits who get moved to org bank
    and changing at gui and loosing all from friendslist cc rem........

why do i tell this...?!!..dont know......no one of Funcom care or read in here

Last edited by Brampfine; Jul 13th, 2014 at 01:48:24.
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. [attributed to Albert Einstein]

Horrible idea.

You think this would be a good change for new players, except it will inconvenience new players the most. Most players who are new will be trying to ask for help on the OOC chats. Any level restrictions whatsoever to the OOC chats are a bad idea.

Instead, they should enable the egpal filter in the client by default, and keep an up to date default filter list rolled out with each patch.

Also, the things that you are talking about that are not credit spam related, I have no idea what you're talking about.

I think this is a great idea. Even though I wouldn't say level 25 is wise. Not only because of what vitriolic-v said, but also because that way lower chars couldn't even ask for buffs in ooc.

As the situation is now, I'd say level ~9 would be a good start, since an actual new player will stay this long on noob island. It might not keep cred spammers completely from posting on ooc, but it will make things definitely more inconvenient for them, when they have to spend 15-20 (?) more minutes on noob island to be able to spam in OA, Bore or wherever.

Once the new noob area is here, there would be the possibility of setting the lock higher, if Funcom provides enough mobs/quests to level to, let's say level 15.
    Don't set yourself on fire to keep others warm.

Level 25?, This won't happen, and it wouldn't remove credit spammers either.
    As is public knowledge the ICC has been completely revamped along with the NPE more than that I can't actually say NDA sorry, level 15 sounds feasible though.
    Caloss2 LVL 220 melee VANGUARD (semi retired).....Llewlyn 220/30/70 meepmeep.....Boooocal 220../30/70 Soldier.......Knack 220/30/70 Keeper.....Hiesenberg 215/xx/xx NT NERFED Neytiri1 220/30/70 Shade Knacker220/30/70Meat shield
    https://www.youtube.com/user/caloss2 for guides/walkthroughs/letsplays and all your other AO needs
    Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta
    In my special design documents that I feed to the FC devs, who are my willing slaves.

there exists a "Newbie OOC" for low level´s.
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. [attributed to Albert Einstein]

Quote Originally Posted by Brampfine View Post
    there exists a "Newbie OOC" for low level´s.
    Audience in this channel is mostly newbies since at level 10 (I think) this channel becomes unavailable. Kind of useless channel.

Quote Originally Posted by TharBeDragons View Post
    Audience in this channel is mostly newbies since at level 10 (I think) this channel becomes unavailable. Kind of useless channel.
    That's assuming 0 vets are rolling new alts. Everytime I roll a new toon I end up responding to new questions there.. and I see others as well. So I wouldn't say it was useless... though I think it could be better utilized
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

Quote Originally Posted by Traderjill View Post
    That's assuming 0 vets are rolling new alts. Everytime I roll a new toon I end up responding to new questions there.. and I see others as well. So I wouldn't say it was useless... though I think it could be better utilized

Most vets won't stay very long in the 0-10 range, while new people or less experienced will. So even if an experienced and helpful player responds, the timeframe in which they are able to respond is way shorter than the new player will spend in said levelrange. I'd say, keep level 1-10 players restricted to newbie channel, but keep it open to all levels above aswell.
    Docow 220/30/70 Doc (surprise eh?) Equip

Ruining The Asylum's chat since 2010!

If this were implemented cred spammers would just go to another means of advertising, like /shouting at bor bunker. Adding a level restriction on chat will not help at all with this.

That's not true at all, though. It would help lower the frequency of cred spam. It just would come at too high a cost to people who want to chat.

Well... keep the Newbie channels and allow everyone to re-join them. Lock out the non-Newbie regular channels. That way new players can still talk and those who are up for answering questions can still help.

Ophiuchus : 220/30/80 HAHA etc
    Nahuatl
    :: 220/30/80 Melee 4lyfe
    Khurkh :: 220/30/80 healtankpew
    Transcendence
    Msanthropic
    : 210/26/60 nanostab
    Spidershiva :: 165/23/42 kite? eh?
    Silentmotion
    : 150/20/42 tankthink
    The Union

Blugh, though, no thanks, chat restrictions. GRACE should hurt cred spammers enough to make chat restrictions unnecessary.

Quote Originally Posted by Brampfine View Post
    Please set the use of OOC to level 25
    this would be stop the Cred spam
    and it stops the script spam

enough player step into the script trap and loose some of her credits who get moved to org bank
    and changing at gui and loosing all from friendslist cc rem........

why do i tell this...?!!..dont know......no one of Funcom care or read in here

Isn't that why they bumped the Level Req from 1(or 5 memory hazy) to 10?