Thread: Remove Famous Last Words

Remove Famous Last Words

Dear Funcom,

Pretty please remove the Famous Last Words daily mission from the game. It does not add to my game experience at all and vacuuming my house is more exciting. It also does not require any skill, intellect or half decent character.

Kind regards,

Tradoroz

/signed

I once or twice tried to do it and it took me about 30 minutes for the first time and even more for the second time. Since that time whenever I am unlucky to get this daily i simply delete it ...
    Awikun 220/70/30 Ranged adv - my Main that I hardly ever log
    Awisha 220/70/30 Shade - Can solo 95% of all bosses
    Cratawi 200/70/30 Crat - S7/DR Solo farmer
    Awiken 220/70/30 Eng - Pvm Eng
    Nukiwa 200/70/30 NT - almost forgotten (awaiting retwink)
    Awidoc 200/70/30 Doc - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awix 200/70/30 Fix - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awienf 220/70/30 Enf - tanked every single boss (and still lives)
    Soldawi 220/70/30 Sol - Pvm Sold
    Awima 150/xx/xx Ma - best S10 MA farmer
    Doctorawi 220/70/30 - Pvm Doc
    Awienfo 200/70/30 - Atrox with Pande red belt and 2xQL300 hammers
    Macierewicz 220/70/30 - Pvm Crat
    Zlakobieta 220/70/30 - max complit +top tradeskiller

I've had that daily 2 days in a row now, and have yet to actually finish it, I just end up deleting the mission.
    I have 6 pages in a bag, 1 of which being the incorrect page, but I've yet to acquire the missing page I need in order to complete the mission. And it's gotten even worse to cycle to pages now that you need to delete what you have, then pick up the page on the ground.

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

Bump have to agree, I've posted asking for this (keep hunting for pages) mission to be removed from the table before also.
    Caloss2 LVL 220 melee VANGUARD (semi retired).....Llewlyn 220/30/70 meepmeep.....Boooocal 220../30/70 Soldier.......Knack 220/30/70 Keeper.....Hiesenberg 215/xx/xx NT NERFED Neytiri1 220/30/70 Shade Knacker220/30/70Meat shield
    https://www.youtube.com/user/caloss2 for guides/walkthroughs/letsplays and all your other AO needs
    Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta
    In my special design documents that I feed to the FC devs, who are my willing slaves.

I never had problems with this daily, except for the first time when it took me around 30 minutes to even find a couple pages, because I had no idea where they usually are. Since then.. I never spent more than 5 minutes doing the daily. Maybe I'm just lucky though...
    Don't set yourself on fire to keep others warm.

Famous Last Words is the "green text bug" of AO; that is a bug you don't get unless you know about it. So...you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by Baby View Post
    I never had problems with this daily, except for the first time when it took me around 30 minutes to even find a couple pages, because I had no idea where they usually are. Since then.. I never spent more than 5 minutes doing the daily. Maybe I'm just lucky though...
    I'd say very lucky, on the occasions I've had the mission on different toons at the appropriate level, I kept getting repeat pages spawning over and over.

I know a few other people that had the same, not sure if that's a bug or not.
    Caloss2 LVL 220 melee VANGUARD (semi retired).....Llewlyn 220/30/70 meepmeep.....Boooocal 220../30/70 Soldier.......Knack 220/30/70 Keeper.....Hiesenberg 215/xx/xx NT NERFED Neytiri1 220/30/70 Shade Knacker220/30/70Meat shield
    https://www.youtube.com/user/caloss2 for guides/walkthroughs/letsplays and all your other AO needs
    In my special design documents that I feed to the FC devs, who are my willing slaves.

For a moment, I thought you were talking about the org.
    ::: My Tools & Stuff :::
    ::: Cratine Savagedheals Enfine Zoewrangle Demoder :: Solitron Demotionform :: IRC Demoder Savagedlight :::
    ::: AOItems :: Blog :: CIDB :: HelpBot :: ItemsBot :: PlanetMap Viewer :: Tower Wars :: Twitter :::

Btw bring back the easy tower tag xp fest.
    "Don't think...feel, it's like a finger pointing towards the moon"

* signed *

Can't stand this mission. I usually delete, but occasionally I'll do it just because (I think) I have nothing better to do. I inevitably regret that choice.

Actually I have to revise my opinion about this daily. I used to hate it/delete. but recently it just takes me 5 min or so. I don't know, i think they may have increased 1209 drop. It almost tower tagging.

Currently running this mission on a 146 toon

• Page 28, ...............spawned 23 times
    • Page 747 ..............spawned 14 times
    • Page 134 ..............spawned 8 times
    • Page 243 ..............spawned 17 times
    • Page 1174 ............spawned 7 times
    • STILL NO PAGE 1209
    • Current time running mission.
    • 1 HOUR 23 mins.
    • Just delete this mission.
    Last edited by Caloss2; Jul 31st, 2014 at 12:44:07.

Quote Originally Posted by Caloss2;6187835
    [LIST
    [*]STILL NO PAGE 1209[/LIST]
    After getting it for the umpteenth time on my Engi, I decided to actually do this daily. And I noticed Page 1209 only has 1 spawn location unlike the other pages. It's only ever on the West side, up a little ramp next to the palm trees just to the West of the Pyramid ramp, and then you'll find it underneath the arch.

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"

no it has multiple spawn locations who are all west of the pande exit. there are at least 4. one is in between the mission terms, one is underneath the footbridge and one is right around the corner (south) after passing through the bridge. another one is behind the plams next to the pande building. there is a fifthone on top of the bridge, but i have only seen that once. i'll try to upload a picture when i get the chance. all of these are spots i looted it from.

Ah nice, some extra locations to spot it.
    Thanks

sure the spot behind the corner is the one i get it from most of the time.

delete the already found doubles and collect every page to trigger new spawns - makes it way faster to complete

its says so in some guide. i am not so sure if it is true though. in the 1209 region - maybe. the rest spawns plentiful without any deleting. and if the deleting of those affects the spawning in the 1209 region...i doubt it.

I got hopeful that it'd been tweaked so tried it on the soldier I'm working on in Live. Accomplished it 2 times in under five minutes (which is what keeps me trying it until the next time the pages don't spawn.) Then I tried it again on Crat and no joy for 15-20 min. Discussed it w/ another player who wasn't having any trouble and he showed up...as soon as he did, pages spawned.

As you can see from the people posting above, it's scientifically proven (sideways, sort-of) that 50% of AO's player population is unhappy with this mission.

All joking aside, I'm amending my strategy to go check it out and if no page in 60 seconds after arrival, then delete it. As I've noted elsewhere, you tend to get the same daily 3 or 4 times in row so might as well try.
    Last edited by Literary; Aug 3rd, 2014 at 22:11:45. Reason: typo