Thread: Nano Crystal (LR Energy Weapon Mastery)

Nano Crystal (LR Energy Weapon Mastery)

I'm not sure what the LR in this nano name means but it would probably make more sense if you just named the nano Ranged Energy Weapon Mastery.

Quality level: 63
    Requirements:
    Use:
    On Self:
    Visual Profession: Soldier and
    Sensory Impr from 305 and
    Psycho Modi from 305

Modifier:
    On User:
    Upload nanoprogram Ranged Energy Weapon Mastery

Description:
    Nano Crystal - Increases the Ranged Energy Weapon skill of the target by 70 points.
    Last edited by Traderjill; Jul 16th, 2014 at 22:21:35.
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

Ya that one was always confusing over time I assumed the LR was Long Range, nice and easy fix!
    Gaveup 220/30/80 Smg

Have you ever seen an easy fix at the hands of funcom ? The poor people have to work with a code so ancient it's written in a hieroglyphic language nobody understands.

Eh, what for. Isn't this just nit picking. Why give the devs pointless work to do. Work on the npe.

Quote Originally Posted by gresh View Post
    Eh, what for. Isn't this just nit picking. Why give the devs pointless work to do. Work on the npe.
    How can you call this nitpicking and request that the devs work on the NPE when the people that would most benefit from this type of simple/fast change is a new player?
    You can find me at:

The less they play with that nano, the longer I get to keep the extra benefits of it
    Dysfunktion.
    Trypants.
    Setup.
    One bright day in the middle of the night,
    Two dead boys got up to fight.
    Back to back they faced each other,
    Drew their swords, and Shot each other.
    A deaf policeman heard the noise,
    He came and killed those two dead boys.
    If you don't believe this lie is true... ask the Blind Man, He saw it too.

Indeed

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

What's this to do with new players? You don't understand why its called that so it must be changed. Its a bit pedantic jill. We have both been new players and we transitioned from new to old quite well. For the larger part, the new players accept the names of things and have much bigger problems to worry about.

What's this to do with new players? You don't understand why its called that so it must be changed. Its a bit pedantic jill. We have both been new players and we transitioned from new to old quite well. For the larger part, the new players accept the names of things and have much bigger problems to worry about.
    I really don't wish to continue to go back and forth with you on this. This is the game suggestions area. My suggestions aren't always perfect and sometimes they need some work but.... If your reasoning behind having an issue with this is because you think they need to focus their attention elsewhere then that could be said for the overwhelming majority of suggestions.

I do not post suggestions with any misunderstanding that doing so means they're going to stop work on project X to immediately pick up my suggested project Y. That's ridiculous. It is up to the dev team to decide which ideas are worth implementing and the priority for doing so. As a player, I can simply point out things that don't seem to be working.

And the whole statement about us transitioning from new players to old can be used to justify no work on the NPE at all. Afterall, we transitioned just fine, right? No need to answer that.. it was rhetorical.

Now if you have a legit reason for thinking this is a bad idea.. feel free to post it.
    Last edited by Traderjill; Jul 16th, 2014 at 16:15:50.
    You can find me at:

Confirmed: nano will be deleted!
    Genele: ofc I come back to u difs. U used to look as hot as me

Quote Originally Posted by Traderjill View Post
    I really don't wish to continue to go back and forth with you on this. This is the game suggestions area. My suggestions aren't always perfect and sometimes they need some work but.... If your reasoning behind having an issue with this is because you think they need to focus their attention elsewhere then that could be said for the overwhelming majority of suggestions.
    Eh, then dont. You didnt have to come back to me on it once if you did'nt want. I have as much of a right to post as you do, you excersize your right far more than I do. If I see something I disagree with and feel an inclination to do so, then do so I will. I know it is a game suggestion forum but you know what else it is? (yes dont worry... you dont have to answer... its rhetoric) Its an open forum! If i read a suggestion in the game suggestion section of the forums that I agree/disagree with I will either a) show agreement/disagreement or b) move along posting nothing.

My reasoning isnt because I think they need to focus attention elsewhere... they should already be focusing said attention elsewhere... my reasoning is because i dont think your reasoning for wanting it changed is a good one.

I do not post suggestions with any misunderstanding that doing so means they're going to stop work on project X to immediately pick up my suggested project Y. That's ridiculous. It is up to the dev team to decide which ideas are worth implementing and the priority for doing so. As a player, I can simply point out things that don't seem to be working.
    How is it not working? Thats my point. Its just something you decided should be changed... for no reason other than you dont understand what LR means and you think new players will need it changed?

And the whole statement about us transitioning from new players to old can be used to justify no work on the NPE at all. Afterall, we transitioned just fine, right? No need to answer that.. it was rhetorical.
    you are 100% correct. There is no need to work on any NPE. They are however working on the NPE. I never asked for or wanted this. In my eyes the game was fine as it was. Not quite as fine as it used to be before funcom kept making pointless changes that are now considered major game breakers (LE/LOX) but still finer than it will likely be after npe/gfx engine comes out with the rebalance changes and nerfs to dailies and what ever else is in the post (not particularly cos I think the devs will do a bad job but just more I just like what I know). Ive never whined for a new engine or shiny graphics. I figured I could get those anywhere/anytime from brand spanking new games if i so wished. As it stands the NPE/GFX is coming (Apparently) regardless of how we transitioned from new to old. What remains though, due to them working on the NPE is that until its done there wont be any other content or major changes (outside the npe/gfx engine) so with that in mind I can understand that if I were to wish for new content... I wouldnt have a cat in hells chance until the NPE is finished, tested and released.

Now if you have a legit reason for thinking this is a bad idea.. feel free to post it.
    If I have a legit reason... my legit reason, I have stated my reason... if you have a legit reason for suggesting its name changed then by all means give one... Because you dont understand its meaning however... well, its not really legit ... not in my eyes anyway (which create the only view i will ever speak from, hence posting my post)

This is pretty much everything I have to say so yeah, I'm gonna leave it at that.
    Last edited by gresh; Jul 16th, 2014 at 21:55:00.

How is it not working? Thats my point. Its just something you decided should be changed... for no reason other than you dont understand what LR means and you think new players will need it changed?
    Alright.. let's try this again.

Here's the Nano Crystal Information (sold in the advanced shop):

Quality level: 63
    Price: 50,929
    Requirements:
    Use:
    On Self:
    Psycho Modi from 305

Modifier:
    On User:
    Upload nanoprogram Ranged Energy Weapon Mastery

Charges: 1 (Splitable)
    Description:
    Nano Crystal - Increases the Ranged Energy Weapon skill of the target by 70 points.
    Here's the information when the nano is actually cast on a player:

Ranged Energy Weapon Mastery
    Nano Cost: 209 (214)NCU cost: 20
    School: Psi
    Stacking Order: 20
    Nanoline: LR Energy Weapon Buff
    Duration: 00:45:00
    Range: 15m
    Speed:
    Attack 3.32s
    Recharge 0.50s
    Attack skills: Psycho Modi 50% Sensory Impr 50%
    Modifier:
    On Target:
    Modify Ranged Ener 70

Requirements:
    Use:
    On Self:
    Psycho Modi from 305

Description:
    Increases the Ranged Energy Weapon skill of the target by 70 points.

I'm not sure what's tough to understand about this or why you're making such a big deal over a suggestion to correct nano text. The physical nano crystal is called one thing, what's uploaded onto the player is something different. This isn't about me thinking that something should be one way or the other and it isn't because I don't understand what LR stands for. It is about being consistent. I wouldn't expect to buy CA Rifle Mastery from the shop and then see Assault Rifle Mastery in my NCU.

LR Energy Weapon Expertise
    Nano Cost: 39 (40)NCU cost: 4
    School: Psi
    Stacking Order: 2
    Nanoline: General LR Energy Weapon Buff
    Duration: 00:30:00
    Range: 20m
    Speed:
    Attack 2.10s
    Recharge 0.50s
    Attack skills: Psycho Modi 50% Sensory Impr 50%
    Modifier:
    On Target:
    Modify Ranged Ener 20

Requirements:
    Use:
    On Self:
    Sensory Impr from 61 and
    Psycho Modi from 61

Description:
    Increases the LR Energy Weapon skill of the target by 20 points.
    Honestly, whether they call it LR Energy or Ranged Energy doesn't matter much to me.. I'm just suggesting they be consistent with it. Since pretty much all of the weapons and everything else (but that expertise) reference the term "Ranged Energy" it seemed easier to ask them to correct one nano than thousands of items.

I pointed this out, very simplistically, in my original post by highlighting in red the name of the nano crystal and also the name of the uploaded nano. People ask why my posts are so long.. its because when I use less words it seems that no one understands what I'm saying.
    Last edited by Traderjill; Jul 16th, 2014 at 22:33:22.
    You can find me at:

Alright.. let's try this again.

Here's the Nano Crystal Information (sold in the advanced shop):
    Thanks but you shouldnt have done. For one I saw it in your original post and for 2 I saw it already when I bought it on my soldier.

Here's the information when the nano is actually cast on a player:
    Again, did'nt need to. I saw it in my ncu years before (and every time since) when I uploaded it.

I dont see what the big deal is. It isnt like no body has ever managed to find it in all the years ao has been here.

I'm not sure what's tough to understand about this or why you're making such a big deal over a suggestion to correct nano text. The physical nano crystal is called one thing, what's uploaded onto the player is something different. This isn't about me thinking that something should be one way or the other and it isn't because I don't understand what LR stands for. It is about being consistent. I wouldn't expect to buy CA Rifle Mastery from the shop and then see Assault Rifle Mastery in my NCU.
    You dont need to be sure, you dont have to have the faintest idea. Im not making such a big deal. I posted a simple comment. The rest has only been in response to concerns and questions posed by yourself to help aid in your understanding of my post but I should of known from past talks that the more I try and explain to you, the less you seem to understand. We must just be wired differently. If you direct some form of conversation at someone... chances are they are going to respond. It was a really short post. Im not sure I understand why you couldnt just let me post my opinion and move on.
    You mention nothing of consistency in your original post and only that you dont understand it so it should probably be changed. It is pretty damn consistent as it is. If it was called "Pink Fluffy Bunnies" then yeah, fair enough but I found it and so did every other soldier who needed even though some might of had trouble.
    If I bough a nano that was named CA Rifle Mastery and when I uploaded it into NCU and just got Assualt Rifle Mastery... well I wouldnt think anything... the effects received are the same as expected.. the same goal is achieved... Id honestly think exactly the same as when i bought LR Energy Weapon Mastery but only received Ranged Energy Weapon Mastery in my NCU... which was nothing... especially when it said on the description on the modifier of the nano program in the shop that the nano to be uploaded is Ranged Energy Weapon Mastery.

I pointed this out, very simplistically, in my original post by highlighting in red the name of the nano crystal and also the name of the uploaded nano. People ask why my posts are so long.. its because when I use less words it seems that no one understands what I'm saying.
    I understood you. I just dont agree with you. Same.

I dunno, I kinda like the name LR Energy for nostalgic purposes (soldier was my first profession and I too was confused at it for a short period of time, but then got used to it), so I'd be sad to see it changed to Ranged Energy just to benefit the newbies slightly. I would be somewhat upset to see it changed
    Casual/former player known as
    - Nnivekccub / Kingduck / Mongoose